Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: LazyLikeLindsey - Beautybaby44 Part 14

Post by Sassyfrassy »

Lilyrose777 wrote:
Sassyfrassy wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:04 pm
A very small part of my feels almost sorry for Lindsey.
I feel like she moved into this larger space with the plan that her and Sean would eventually live together. She got a king size bed because when he slept over they slept on her tiny full.
Maybe I'm just being mushy rn lol but I hope they find their way to each other. He was a really good guy for her.
Fingers crossed she doesn't go back to her party ways, though I don't know how easy it would be to do that in Boise Idaho lol

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Well, what confuses me then is, if she had all those plans, why was she the one who broke it off. I also hope they get back together but I kinda doubt it.
I have a feeling they had a big blow out that probably scared her for herself but also for Sean and she kinda of just fleed from there.
Just speculation.
It's possible to make plans and change things later on because situations themselves change.

Sassyfrassy
Talker
Talker

Post by Sassyfrassy »

lolcakes wrote:what really bothered me about her sustainability videos is that she does NO research !!!
like how she said tampons have pink tax like it’s an actual tax, or how she doesn’t know of anywhere to get refillable dish soap not in a plastic container ... could have easily done a google search to find some ideas that might actually help her viewers..like how is she going to stop buying something if she doesn’t even know of an alternative ?

not to mention these sustainability videos are so repetitive... no one uses disposable plastic utensils anymore please move on. she needs to get more creative!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeahh I feel sorry for her for one second then she posts shit like that and I just feel irritated lol
Yes the whole pink tax situation was very bothersome. Very misinformed. She could just suggest that her viewers use comparable men's products when possible. The menstrual cup is not for everyone, not to mention it's almost a little unsanitary imo.
She just goes at this whole sustainability facade so hard. She feels the need to make everything in her life sustainable yet as mentioned many times, still drives, takes trips, I'm sure squirtles good comes in bags, clothes she orders. What I find the most interesting is she mentioned those face masks, she was probably not going to use them but send them with her depop orders. That says to me that she cares about HER sustainability, she'll preach it to her viewers but send out her depop orders in plastic bags and send more plaster waste along with them like those face masks.
As long as her hands are clean from plastic and "non sustainable goods" she's okay. She'll just push her garbage to other people that way she doesn't have to feel bad.

Also the foil thing... LMAO.

hollaback13
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by hollaback13 »

i can't help but laugh at her videos because sometimes she'll try to say something really profound and then follow up with "it's just, like, really not good, you know?" it makes her sound not very smart and i wish she would do a little more thorough research and try to be more creative with sustainability videos — most of us know a lot of what she continues to repeat in every video.

danny-devito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by danny-devito »

Sassyfrassy wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:09 am
lolcakes wrote:what really bothered me about her sustainability videos is that she does NO research !!!
like how she said tampons have pink tax like it’s an actual tax, or how she doesn’t know of anywhere to get refillable dish soap not in a plastic container ... could have easily done a google search to find some ideas that might actually help her viewers..like how is she going to stop buying something if she doesn’t even know of an alternative ?

not to mention these sustainability videos are so repetitive... no one uses disposable plastic utensils anymore please move on. she needs to get more creative!
Yeahh I feel sorry for her for one second then she posts shit like that and I just feel irritated lol
Yes the whole pink tax situation was very bothersome. Very misinformed. She could just suggest that her viewers use comparable men's products when possible. The menstrual cup is not for everyone, not to mention it's almost a little unsanitary imo.
She just goes at this whole sustainability facade so hard. She feels the need to make everything in her life sustainable yet as mentioned many times, still drives, takes trips, I'm sure squirtles good comes in bags, clothes she orders. What I find the most interesting is she mentioned those face masks, she was probably not going to use them but send them with her depop orders. That says to me that she cares about HER sustainability, she'll preach it to her viewers but send out her depop orders in plastic bags and send more plaster waste along with them like those face masks.
As long as her hands are clean from plastic and "non sustainable goods" she's okay. She'll just push her garbage to other people that way she doesn't have to feel bad.

Also the foil thing... LMAO.
lmao the pink tax thing really sent me. she really does little to no research but still pushes everything for the sake of content.
as far as her whole sustainability facade, idk, i'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt. she's still relatively new to it (so i do roll my eyes at her sharing all her "tips" as if she's some kind of seasoned pro), so i can understand her really pushing that image - a lot of people i know who have transitioned to a more sustainable/low waste lifestyle started off pushing it hard, even when they were making missteps or just not even thinking about certain aspects of their lives (i.e., driving, flying, pets, etc.).
i do agree that she's hyperfocused on her own sustainability and fails to see the bigger picture, and i'm hoping that as she continues in her journey she can widen her scope. whether she's using a sheet mask or someone else is, it's still going to end up in a landfill. it's great that she isn't just throwing the product away, but the waste is still happening at some point down the line, whether she's the one producing it, or a depop customer.
i don't watch every video of hers, but i would really respect her and her sustainability journey/content if she decided to no longer accept PR, did sponsored content with eco friendly brands, or if she did some type of video about transitioning her depop orders to more sustainable practices (different packaging, no fast fashion pieces, etc.).
idk, i'm not whiteknighting, just willing to give the benefit of the doubt when it comes to sustainability. even though she could stand to do a lot more research and live even more sustainably, she's miles ahead of a lot of other youtubers, especially a lot of the girls she was close friends with in the past.

strawberry_hearts
Informer
Informer

Post by strawberry_hearts »

I feel like she keeps posting the same video over and over again .. which is basically a variation of her “things I don’t buy anymore”
She clearly ran out of ideas of what to post and doesn’t want to get a “real” job.
In her vlog when she came back from her parents house it’s almost like she was trying to prove to herself that she had more stuff to do then she really did. Like one of her to do things was catch up on shows lol. She basically does nothing but tries to act like she is a busy person.

Solcool2
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Solcool2 »

hollaback13 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:22 am
i can't help but laugh at her videos because sometimes she'll try to say something really profound and then follow up with "it's just, like, really not good, you know?" it makes her sound not very smart and i wish she would do a little more thorough research and try to be more creative with sustainability videos — most of us know a lot of what she continues to repeat in every video.
I laughed when one time she said “it hadn’t snown” when she meant snowed I hope 😂

Post by Guest »

lindsey is a part of the original beauty vloggers who were not actually makeup artists, so when professionals joined the platform they lost their niche. she has nothing to talk about and hasn't been able to find a place on the platform. all of her videos are her doing and saying nothing, and honestly, i'm only still watching to see how long she'll last before she realizes she needs change. she could join sustainability youtube, but she is too lazy to research and deliver non-obvious content. it's just sad to watch her at this point, her life is so boring and unfulfilling.

pear022
Debater
Debater

Post by pear022 »

Sassyfrassy wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:49 am
Lilyrose777 wrote:
Sassyfrassy wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:04 pm
A very small part of my feels almost sorry for Lindsey.
I feel like she moved into this larger space with the plan that her and Sean would eventually live together. She got a king size bed because when he slept over they slept on her tiny full.
Maybe I'm just being mushy rn lol but I hope they find their way to each other. He was a really good guy for her.
Fingers crossed she doesn't go back to her party ways, though I don't know how easy it would be to do that in Boise Idaho lol

Well, what confuses me then is, if she had all those plans, why was she the one who broke it off. I also hope they get back together but I kinda doubt it.
I have a feeling they had a big blow out that probably scared her for herself but also for Sean and she kinda of just fleed from there.
Just speculation.
It's possible to make plans and change things later on because situations themselves change.

For a while after the break up they both kept up lovey couples photos on instagram. I haven't checked recently but it made me think they might both be holding out hope to get back together.

Post by Guest »

no offense but i don't get her girl boss series. why would anyone take advice from her??? her lifestyle isn't desirable at all. she does nothing all day, is not fulfilling any goals, doesn't even travel etc. her channel is dying, yet she does nothing to save it, and has no fallback. she is so foolish but she acts like she is a business and finance guru.

sea12
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sea12 »

Wow, her closet purge was so cringey to watch. I understand her lifestyle/personality is uniquely different from other YouTubers (at least compared to the others I watch), but her taste in clothing is so ugly. From her Adidas cloud print jersey, the white top with the small rainbow and red collar, the flannel that had the ugly pink quote on the back?? Which she called a summer piece and not a fall piece... uhh... flannels are perfect for the fall lol. I can't wait to see what her closet will look like when she gets into her late 20s, because right now it still looks like my closet from middle school. And all her little "sayings" just sound so weird coming out of her mouth, like she's trying too hard.

And speaking of her sustainability hacks... I'm kind of surprised she isn't just donating her clothes to a local women's shelter. If she also really wanted to make more money, she should focus more on YouTube instead of having to sell on Depop all. the. time. I'm 23 and only found 1 piece of clothing cute.

blahblah20
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by blahblah20 »

She sounds so immature and uninformed in her finance videos. If she wanted to so badly buy her car up front & wishes she would've waited, why didn't she just pay the loan off when she had the additional money? She tried to sound so confident that she would've had it in another few months but yet she never paid it off.

And all this talk about she wishes she had a rainy day fund yet she's saying she has high yield savings accounts. With what, $5 in it?

Good financial planning would've been getting a smaller yet still very nice place & getting a far less expensive but still very nice car. You have your whole entire life ahead of you to get "fancy" cars or have a big home. If you have no money in the bank after these decisions, they weren't the right choices sis. This chick and her pink tax are delusional.

hollaback13
Learner
Learner

Post by hollaback13 »

it’s crazy to me how she’s been doing youtube and talking to a camera for what? 10 years now? and her videos this past year have sounded like it’s the first time she’s ever filmed they’re so AWKWARD it pains me. she really doesn’t try very hard any longer to make anything thoughtful or useful and she doesn’t go out in the world enough to be able to talk about anything with substance. it’s kind of a shame. she should get a part time job or a hobby

MarleyMescudi
Learner
Learner

Post by MarleyMescudi »

Ugh, I'm honestly rooting for Lindsey to get her shit together. It seemed like she was doing really well for a while and I was enjoying her content then she just started slipping back into old habits.

lolcakes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lolcakes »

so, i just watched her newest “day in the week” vlog...
she says she only got 3 waste products from the store... i guess only things wrapped in plastic count as waste? what about the cookies and cheezits that have plastic inside the cardboard box?? the cans of beans and soda?? just because it *can* be recycled doesn’t mean it’s not useless waste lol
i appreciate her trying to reduce, but i really don’t know if she doesn’t realize or if she thinks we’re dumb?

jlm1995
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jlm1995 »

Any guesses on what her "new project" is?? She mentioned it in her new Q&A and her IG story has a picture of her and it says "something is coming... 5 days"

Is she finally doing something productive with her life?

Solcool2
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Solcool2 »

jlm1995 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:44 pm
Any guesses on what her "new project" is?? She mentioned it in her new Q&A and her IG story has a picture of her and it says "something is coming... 5 days"

Prob a podcast like everyone else

Lili2345
Talker
Talker

Post by Lili2345 »

Solcool2 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:12 pm
jlm1995 wrote:

Probably a podcast or merch. I’d be surprised if she does a podcast just because it seems like she doesn’t know many people in her area.

Sassyfrassy
Talker
Talker

Post by Sassyfrassy »

jlm1995 wrote:Any guesses on what her "new project" is?? She mentioned it in her new Q&A and her IG story has a picture of her and it says "something is coming... 5 days"

Maybe she's opening up a thrift site Image
Or some sort of volg.
I hope it's not a podcast.

aflseniors09
Lurker
Lurker

Post by aflseniors09 »

Solcool2 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:12 pm
jlm1995 wrote:

I hope it's not a podcast because she already had one that she bailed out of with her sister.

Sassyfrassy
Talker
Talker

Post by Sassyfrassy »

Hollllyyyyyyyyy shit.
Her recent post in IG. I can't...
This girl made a patreon. Obv because her poor-effort videos are no longer cutting it to make enough money to keep up with her lifestyle.
Flipping through I'm thinking to myself what could she truly offer anyone that they would want to pay for???
"unfiltered content"
"sex Q&A"
"smoke sessions"
"story times"
Good lord.
Obv her sister doesn't give a damn that YT doesn't allow "unfiltered content" because Meghan has posted Sex Q&A in the past.
Maybe what Lindsey means is "YT allows it but will demonitize my video within a second"
She wants her "patrons" to pay $10 for "storytime: my first psychedelic experience"

What a damn joke.

New low Lindsey, new low.

I was really rooting for her to do something actually meaningful with what she just went through but nah.

Return to “Lindsey Hughes”