lindseyrem- Lindsey Rempalski

omglookatherbutt
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: lindseyrem- Lindsey Rempalski

Post by omglookatherbutt »

I do feel like she is a little like woe is me. And I feel like she might be exaggerating her mental health because it makes her #edgy. To fit her “aesthetic” like it makes her more relatable or interesting. She said on twitter someone said “ur job is hard” on her mental health post. :rofl: that’s so savage!

mysticreferee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mysticreferee »

Does anybody look at Lindsey rems design Instagram? The black letter font is tired when will she do something with actual creativity!! Basic OC girl strikes again wanting to appear edgy and artsy using black letter font and naming it after CMYK lololol

omglookatherbutt
Informer
Informer

I saw that! :rofl: I was like wtf?!? People in the comments were losing it but honestly it’s just old English, yet again! :rofl:

omglookatherbutt
Informer
Informer

Since she dyed her hair black she reminds me more and more of ThreadsObsessed

SchruteFarms
Informer
Informer

Post by SchruteFarms »

omglookatherbutt wrote:Since she dyed her hair black she reminds me more and more of ThreadsObsessed
I looked up ThreadsObsessed because I'd never heard of her before and I agree! Lindsey does remind me of her- her + Pam Beesly haha

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

I'm feeling pretty irritated that her last GRWM was clearly sponsored by Origins, and I think she even mentioned it in the video, yet she was too lazy or uncaring to not change the disclaimer in her description box... It still says that ALL of the items in the video were purchased with her own money and are not sponsored, which we know to be untrue.

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

Yawn, how many red eyeshadow looks can she create honestly

blipbloop
Learner
Learner

Post by blipbloop »

I think her channels gone down hill since she went off to college. The whole "edgey" "thrasher girl" vibe is really tired when in fact you're just another basic rich white girl from the OC who's suddenly vegan, minimalist blah blah blah. For the people who are surprised she comes from money, it's pretty obvious that she does just based on what college she goes to. Chapman is a pretty mediocre, third tier college that most people have never heard of yet still charges a pretty grand private school tuition (55-60k / year). I mean it's no ivy league ( it's not even a USC) , so given the cost the people willing to send their kids there vs a UC vs state schools probably don't need to worry about money much.

SchruteFarms
Informer
Informer

Post by SchruteFarms »

I think it was in a little q&a she did on her instagram live recently where someone asks if they should go to college for graphic design and she's like "definitely, it's the most marketable art form for careers and you'll definitely get a job because all of my friends and I already get freelance jobs" and idk I just feel like that's really bad advice.
a. because she's not paying for college, so going for something as risky as graphic design may not be the best general advice to give out and
b. she's not even in the real workforce yet. I know SO many people who years after college are in completely different career paths because they couldn't get jobs in gd and are also buried in loans. Lindsey has a very supportive, wealthy family and won't be tied down by student loans, so she'll have more time and freedom to pursue gd as a career, however, acting like it's such a safe career prospect seems super misleading to me, especially to a bunch of kids who are 18 and under.

omglookatherbutt
Informer
Informer

I was confused at her choosing Chapman I feel like it’s not a really known school. So many other school for a lot cheaper. I am so tired of the same eyeshadow looks. She’s also going to Europe. Also her sister went to TCU a really good school I’ve been there for theater festivals and it’s a great school. I feel like Lindsey would have thrived there. But I feel she got caught up in trying to be the cool edgy girl that goes to LA to take trendy pictures was more important.

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allsaints »

She is selling Hoodies with her designs on them

mysticreferee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mysticreferee »

allsaints wrote:She is selling Hoodies with her designs on them
God when I saw she had merch I was like okay here we go...I just know it'll be red shit with her same stupid flower designs. And I was right LOL. Like we get it, you learned how to use the pen tool on illustrator, you like the color red, you're vegan, and exclusively listen to Beach House. You special little snowflake you!! Again, I'm v critical because I too am a designer and her work is just so basic/boring! How many times can she push the same colors and illustrations? And lazy ones at that? I mean even the way the designs look (especially the eye drawing on the hoodie) looks so crappy and poorly thought out when actually placed on the hoodie. She reminds me of people I went to school with, rich girls who didn't have the capacity to critically think/execute strong work but at least their instagram is full of trendy outfits and avocado toast!! Re: someone who said she went downhill in college, I totally agree. She went to school and dramatically changed from rich white OC girl to edgy thrasher girl in the blink of an eye...typical art school trope is what she turned in to.

omglookatherbutt
Informer
Informer

Her livestream was actual trash. She was too busy going on about her party.

Thaitlia
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Thaitlia »

Her outfits and fashion style used to be way cooler, it was edgy while still being subdued (my favorite being her Winter OOTW, loved every outfit, especially the skirt and floral tights combo) but now it's so over top...and the way she calls her apartment the 'Emo Girls Club' reeks of tacky and pretentiousness

Thaitlia
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Thaitlia »

Her outfits and fashion style used to be way cooler, it was edgy while still being subdued (my favorite being her Winter OOTW, loved every outfit, especially the skirt and floral tights combo) but now it's so over top...and the way she calls her apartment the 'Emo Girls Club' reeks of tacky and pretentiousness

SchruteFarms
Informer
Informer

Post by SchruteFarms »

So, I’ve ran into Lindsey a few times now (I live in an area close to where she’s from). I’ve never said anything to her though. Just needed to tell someone since I feel like a major creep everytime it happens haha

Thaitlia
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Thaitlia »

Okay her recent haul....what happened to her style?! It's so....gross?

omglookatherbutt
Informer
Informer

She holds a contest and doesn’t announce a winner????

horcrux_dr
Talker
Talker

Post by horcrux_dr »

I'm new to watching Lindsey and I like that she seems pretty chill. She reminds me of Kailee McKenzie a bit! However Lindsey she embodies the art school stereotype so much that its funny to me. Also is she from California or did she move there to go to Chapman?

SchruteFarms
Informer
Informer

Post by SchruteFarms »

so, she definitely writes herself anonymous stuff on tumblr and replies to it like someone else wrote it to her lol. Idk, I think there a lot going on in Lindsey's head that she doesn't allow others to see.

Also, @horcrux_dr she's from California- from Corona del Mar area I believe. So super bougie lol

Return to “L-O”