Cooortisolxo - shaaanxo 11

tedy94
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cooortisolxo - shaaanxo 11

Post by tedy94 »

I noticed that in some of her tutorials when she does the makeup she says "i dont know what i'm doing" and it really annoys me.. Doesnt she have a plan before filming, like a certain look in her mind? I guess not because it's more important to put some kind of video up and get dem views and money..

effyou

Post by effyou »

tedy94 wrote:I noticed that in some of her tutorials when she does the makeup she says "i dont know what i'm doing" and it really annoys me.. Doesnt she have a plan before filming, like a certain look in her mind? I guess not because it's more important to put some kind of video up and get dem views and money..
I agree she should at least have a general idea of what she's doing or else it looks rushed and like no effort was put in. Like her entire cocktail series. Thank fuck she's done with that

Effyouu

Post by Effyouu »

She did a 50 minute declutter her bathroom video for face masks, skin care, and hair care. I took one for the team and watched it because she got me started on rosehip oil, batiste dry shampoo and lush lip scrub.

In case you guys were wondering she kept 95% of her stuff. She got rid of maybe 10 things. It was mostly face masks, barely any hair care.

So if you wanted to watch for hair care or skin care i wouldn't bother. If you were interested in face masks go for it. Although she didn't go into much detail on anything besides saying "this is a face mask, it makes my skin glow." "i like this face mask for acne." "this face mask is sewww hydrating" "this one is sewww moisturizing." etc. No details at all really for the hair care or skin care besides "it smells good" and "it makes my skin/hair soft".

Effyouu

Post by Effyouu »

And she looked like a sausage in her instagram stories in that denim mini skirt. I don't understand why she does that. It doesn't look good and it can't possibly be comfortable either. She looks good in properly fitting clothes. Size up shannon.

Paint_me_bitch
Talker
Talker

Post by Paint_me_bitch »

Effyouu wrote:She did a 50 minute declutter her bathroom video for face masks, skin care, and hair care. I took one for the team and watched it because she got me started on rosehip oil, batiste dry shampoo and lush lip scrub.

In case you guys were wondering she kept 95% of her stuff. She got rid of maybe 10 things. It was mostly face masks, barely any hair care.

So if you wanted to watch for hair care or skin care i wouldn't bother. If you were interested in face masks go for it. Although she didn't go into much detail on anything besides saying "this is a face mask, it makes my skin glow." "i like this face mask for acne." "this face mask is sewww hydrating" "this one is sewww moisturizing." etc. No details at all really for the hair care or skin care besides "it smells good" and "it makes my skin/hair soft".
I was so irritated watching this video about all the wasted space under the sink, it needs another shelf & she owns the house so why wouldn't you get a handyman to install an extra shelf in there for more storage.

Effyouu

Post by Effyouu »

Paint_me_bitch wrote:
Effyouu wrote:She did a 50 minute declutter her bathroom video for face masks, skin care, and hair care. I took one for the team and watched it because she got me started on rosehip oil, batiste dry shampoo and lush lip scrub.

I was so irritated watching this video about all the wasted space under the sink, it needs another shelf & she owns the house so why wouldn't you get a handyman to install an extra shelf in there for more storage.
I was annoyed that shit was 50 minutes. Why not break it into 2 or 3 parts so we could get better mini reviews? That's why i love her empties videos because she does seem to be pretty honest in them. And maybe i don't get the point of these videos. Is it supposed to make us feel like friends and we're sitting with her helping her clean her bathroom or

I don't ever feel that close to youtubers and find it creepy when they say "i love you" and shit to their subscribers. So the trying to make subscribers feel like your friends or family is creepy and seems almost cultlike to me. Idk

Honestly not sure why she wouldn't get nice custom bathroom shelves since she has a billion face masks and bathbombs and is always trying out new skin care. Something like her beauty room.

And that random clip with the angry pomegranate lady made me want pomegranates haha

YVRgossip
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by YVRgossip »

Yeah, I like mindlessly watching declutter vids, but this one wasn't super useful. Despite it being almost an hour she gave very little product info and spent half the time plucking stray hairs off of products (gross!)

Effyouu

Post by Effyouu »

YVRgossip wrote:Yeah, I like mindlessly watching declutter vids, but this one wasn't super useful. Despite it being almost an hour she gave very little product info and spent half the time plucking stray hairs off of products (gross!)
Stray hairs that weren't hers. That would honestly turn my stomach

Effyouu

Post by Effyouu »

Seriously why does teami still sponsor her? She did yet another sponsored portion in her vlog and talked about one of the teas that was just peppermint and i think goji berry? What makes teami's peppermint tea better than any of the 50 billion other brands that make peppermint tea? She doesnt say. She just said it tastes good and helps her focus or something. Didn't know tea could help someone focus. At least she didn't say it looks like seaweed this time.

Went on their site and its 30 bucks for 20 tea bags? You can get a box of peppermint tea for 5 dollars at the grocery store.

David's tea, while expensive, is still cheaper than teami, it's loose leaf, you pay by weight but a full tin is cheaper than 20 teami teabags, and there are hundreds of flavors and types to choose from.

Also teami only ships to canada and the US by the looks of it. So none of her new zealand subscribers can buy it.

At least she admits it's sponsored i guess.

kiwiana
Informer
Informer

Post by kiwiana »

Effyouu wrote: Also teami only ships to canada and the US by the looks of it. So none of her new zealand subscribers can buy it.
She quite often does sponsorships where her New Zealand or Australian subscribers aren't able to purchase the products.

I get that a large portion of her subscriber base is North American, but a large proportion would also be from NZ/Aus, so it would behoove her to cater to them too. But she won't, because $$$.

Effyouu

Post by Effyouu »

kiwiana wrote:
Effyouu wrote: Also teami only ships to canada and the US by the looks of it. So none of her new zealand subscribers can buy it.
She quite often does sponsorships where her New Zealand or Australian subscribers aren't able to purchase the products.

I get that a large portion of her subscriber base is North American, but a large proportion would also be from NZ/Aus, so it would behoove her to cater to them too. But she won't, because $$$.
That would irk me if i was from new zealand

MC Hammercurls
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by MC Hammercurls »

I couldn't help but laugh when she showed her Range Rover and Porsche in the garage then cut to a shot of inside the house showing her grotty af carpet. Why not spend some of that money on a decent vacuum Shan?

almondmilk
Learner
Learner

Post by almondmilk »

seriously! a once a week cleaning service is incredibly affordable - my family had one growing up (four kids and two working parents - it helped my mom keep sane) and we were very much middle class. shannon could easily pay for it but apparently basic cleanliness isn't up there on her priority list.

Effyouu

Post by Effyouu »

MC Hammercurls wrote:I couldn't help but laugh when she showed her Range Rover and Porsche in the garage then cut to a shot of inside the house showing her grotty af carpet. Why not spend some of that money on a decent vacuum Shan?
Ohh when she was panning back and forth and was like "which car should i take?" subtle shannon :rofl:

Do they even drive the porshe anymore? Seems like it's always the range rover.

Also what do you guys think of her remix palette? I haven't watched the video yet because I'm not interested, I'm sure it'll be in every single tutorial going forward. But i did see it on instagram and i haaate that hot pink shade. Most people can't wear that without looking like they have an eye infection and i guess it could be used as a blush but it would be a hot pink clown blush

Paint_me_bitch
Talker
Talker

Post by Paint_me_bitch »

MC Hammercurls wrote:I couldn't help but laugh when she showed her Range Rover and Porsche in the garage then cut to a shot of inside the house showing her grotty af carpet. Why not spend some of that money on a decent vacuum Shan?
I know, I don't get it! They haven't spent any more on personalising or improving the value of their home, it looks so basic.
And the person above that mentioned getting a cleaner, I agree, they are really reasonable in price and so worth it. I have one so I don't have to spend my weekends cleaning.

FEDORALICIOUS
Debater
Debater

Post by FEDORALICIOUS »

Should we make a new thread? I'm sort of excited for it, I need to get all caught up. Lol. Thats hilarious about the cars haha. I think she wouldn't like a cleaner just because she'd be worried about stuff being stolen which I know is ridiculous, but probably something she'd worry about.

Effyouu

Post by Effyouu »

FEDORALICIOUS wrote:Should we make a new thread? I'm sort of excited for it, I need to get all caught up. Lol. Thats hilarious about the cars haha. I think she wouldn't like a cleaner just because she'd be worried about stuff being stolen which I know is ridiculous, but probably something she'd worry about.
With a makeup collection that large a lot of people could assume she wouldn't miss any of it so i imagine it might have happened before. Also maybe because she's "famous" she doesn't want strangers in her home who could see what she's really like off camera

PeachFlavoredFanta
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PeachFlavoredFanta »

OMG, Her halloween look with the spider web was actually pretty cute!!!!!!!

This is a good example of something that is "WEARABLE" as she likes to say, because it's creative, simple and you can use a lot of your existing makeup collection to create it. I love this idea. It's the type of low-key thing a student, receptionist, waitress or office workers can wear that is fun without being over the top. I hope she sticks to these types rather than making crappy halloween looks on the spot. It's okay to leave the SFX stuff to the influencers who specialize in it, I personally think.

Effyouu

Post by Effyouu »

cherryGummybear wrote:OMG, Her halloween look with the spider web was actually pretty cute!!!!!!!

This is a good example of something that is "WEARABLE" as she likes to say, because it's creative, simple and you can use a lot of your existing makeup collection to create it. I love this idea. It's the type of low-key thing a student, receptionist, waitress or office workers can wear that is fun without being over the top. I hope she sticks to these types rather than making crappy halloween looks on the spot. It's okay to leave the SFX stuff to the influencers who specialize in it, I personally think.
I like it too for a simple look. I thought she was skipping halloween because of her grandmother passing. She really is pretty consistent with her schedule and never makes excuses. She has her faults obviously, but at times like this it's hard not to admire her. Especially when so many others can't upload because they're going on a free, all expenses paid vacation or something.

Shan is so lucky she can pull off literally almost every lip color. I'm not digging her pinky purple hair tho

Also, cherrygummybear, not sure if any of my messages went through because my inbox was glitching out on me but i swear I'm not ignoring you and really appreciate you taking the time to reach out to me

Effyouu

Post by Effyouu »

Okay this is effed up and not okay at all and I'm sorry she has to deal with this but

I can't get over how unintelligent she comes across in that rant. She misspelled consent (unless it's spelled differently in new zealand, correct me if I'm wrong) and she called the boob grabbing person non-consenting but she's actually the non-consenting one.

Also didn't this happen to her before with drunk girls at clubs or something? I believe her because there are pervs and weirdos everywhere so no one attack me I'm just asking because i swear i remember her talking about people wanting to feel her boobs at clubs because they know she has fake boobs

Is there a new thread yet? We're surely due for a new one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Shaaanxo”