Cooortisolxo - shaaanxo 11

FEDORALICIOUS
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cooortisolxo - shaaanxo 11

Post by FEDORALICIOUS »

I think everyone is being very civil actually, considering I've seen thrash forums be much much worse. Yeah, I'm sure she's grieving in her own way, but do remember that Shannon has a history of being greedy and a bit money-hungry, so of course blindxfaith would make that connection naturally.

I don't think she was trying to monetize her life updated by purposely putting it in a makeup video, but yeah we have no idea what her thought process was.

As an aside, I don't understand why she chose to re-advertise that 'drunk get ready with me with sally jo' video this morning. If she misses sally jo, she probably has tons of cute selfies to put up than that cringey video.

effyou

Post by effyou »

FEDORALICIOUS wrote:I think everyone is being very civil actually, considering I've seen thrash forums be much much worse. Yeah, I'm sure she's grieving in her own way, but do remember that Shannon has a history of being greedy and a bit money-hungry, so of course blindxfaith would make that connection naturally.

I don't think she was trying to monetize her life updated by purposely putting it in a makeup video, but yeah we have no idea what her thought process was.

As an aside, I don't understand why she chose to re-advertise that 'drunk get ready with me with sally jo' video this morning. If she misses sally jo, she probably has tons of cute selfies to put up than that cringey video.
Several of us have said she should go on a vacation and take time off to grieve. And for a few days if not a week after her grandmother passed away no one said anything at all about her.

I'm sorry but i thought the 2 latest videos weren't good. I can't wait for the cocktail videos to be done because i think she's trying too hard to force these crazy color combinations and force creativity that just isn't there right now and it's limiting what she can do and it's just turning out crap (i did like the pink one with green glitter under her eyes though).

I think the glittery get ready with me was prefilmed before her grandmother passed away. I think she mentioned it was prefilmed. Of course i feel awful for shannon. I've even cried watching her vlogs and her highlighter launch video talking about her grandmother.

I agree that everyone is being very civil for the most part. I don't really think she was trying to monetize on her grandmother's death though, she does quite often vent to the camera (usually in her vlogs) and gets emotional.

Honestly the poor girl needs a break. I don't think anyone would be upset with her if she took a week or 2 off and went on a vacation with her mum and hamish or even just stayed at home in her pjs for a week crying and eating avacado on toast.

saucinonu
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by saucinonu »

iamblah wrote:Am I the only one who thought that the GRWM and chat about her nana was in poor taste? I mean obviously everyone deals with things differently but I think either a normal sit down video or vlog type video would've been much more open and emotional (I can't think of the words I want to use right now lol). Rather than a video with a few ads thrown in there with affiliate links in the description. Or maybe it's just me, I'd feel wrong making money off something like that but then I guess it's how they make their money and live their lives? I don't really know what I'm trying to say here, I just think it's insensitive
i think it's weird how she wouldn't even say who it was (only used "family member") the whole time bc she wanted to be respectful and private, but now she has no problem very openly discussing her death. she can do what she wants but it's just kind of ass backwards logic tbh
as she admitted, it's clear she doesn't know how to deal with grief. i hope she will see a counselor if she needs it.

PeachFlavoredFanta
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PeachFlavoredFanta »

saucinonu wrote:
iamblah wrote:Am I the only one who thought that the GRWM and chat about her nana was in poor taste? I mean obviously everyone deals with things differently but I think either a normal sit down video or vlog type video would've been much more open and emotional (I can't think of the words I want to use right now lol). Rather than a video with a few ads thrown in there with affiliate links in the description. Or maybe it's just me, I'd feel wrong making money off something like that but then I guess it's how they make their money and live their lives? I don't really know what I'm trying to say here, I just think it's insensitive
i think it's weird how she wouldn't even say who it was (only used "family member") the whole time bc she wanted to be respectful and private, but now she has no problem very openly discussing her death. she can do what she wants but it's just kind of ass backwards logic tbh
as she admitted, it's clear she doesn't know how to deal with grief. i hope she will see a counselor if she needs it.
Interesting you feel that way, just to jump in here.....alot of people found that strange. I don't want to be a Mal Pensada (which is a Spanish term for someone who thinks negatively) , but I understand why a lot of people thought that might be a clickbait tactic. She's very smart about that stuff, and even though she was probably protecting their privacy, she had already unveiled who it was, so she was sort of flipping and flopping. I feel like she's become almost as competitive at her youtube channel as Lele Pons is with her Instagram videos, she DOES want to hit it big like Jeffree Star, Jaclyn Hill, etc. so she's constantly trying to get more and more and more views. She obviously has enough money to live comfortably, so it must be a status thing.

I follow another youtube, Loey Lane who did the same thing. She allegedly went through a divorce, but only teases bits and pieces of her marriage rather than talking about it. It's a little more complex, but just makes me remember that youtubers do that sort of thing to tease and keep people engaged.

iamblah
Learner
Learner

Post by iamblah »

Like I said I probably didn't word how I was feeling about the video right. Idk. It just made me feel really uncomfortable and I actually had to stop watching. It's true everyone does deal with grief differently and I totally feel for her, I'd be absolutely devastated if I lost my nana (I already warned my hubby to just expect me to take off when it happens) so yeah she probably just wasn't thinking straight. I don't believe what I said was nasty in anyway and I did try pick my words wisely. I just feel that maybe her cocktail series wasn't the right vibe for that sort of thing but can totally respect that in that frame of mind you don't really think properly. Now I feel awful for actually saying something :( but hey, such is life

effyou

Post by effyou »

She seemed pretty upbeat in her new unboxing video. Hopefully she's doing better. Maybe she should stick to unboxing and foundation reviews and lip swatch videos for the time being. Until she's less sad and a bit more creative.

She mentioned in her unboxing she's doing a gem stone series so that sounds really interesting. Hopefully she does a better job of it than she did with the cocktail series. Also gemstones to me sounds like lots of glitter and unwearable lipstick. Sounds fun idk haha

effyou

Post by effyou »

Nooo

This stupid palette will not go away. She's been pushing it for a year. Everyone that wanted to buy it already did. Ugh. So sick of her using it on almost every tutorial.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

babysav
Talker
Talker

Post by babysav »

I have the palette of hers. Bought it off of HauteLook for $9.97. It’s TRASH! Colors are muddy as hell and don’t last on the eyes. Don’t even get me started on the lip colors :rofl:

effyou

Post by effyou »

babysav wrote:I have the palette of hers. Bought it off of HauteLook for $9.97. It’s TRASH! Colors are muddy as hell and don’t last on the eyes. Don’t even get me started on the lip colors :rofl:
They probably are doing a remix because only her fans will buy it besides the odd person going through bh cosmetics who might think it's pretty. And since all her super fans probably bought 2 one to use and one to keep in their shrine to shannon they need to bring out a new palette with shans name on it to make buttloads of money. I mean she was pushing that thing for a year and it was always on sale so obviously it wasn't doing so well.

And I'm probably not the best person to comment on eyeshadows because I'm veryyy picky when it comes to that and haven't found many drug store eyeshadows that i consider as good as higher end eyeshadows (and no not all higher end eyeshadows are good i think mac is crappy for the price) but i refuse to believe that someone who has probably some of the best eyeshadows out there could think shitty bh cosmetics eyeshadows are so amazing when she has urban decay, kat von d, too faced, stila etc.

And if bh cosmetics eyeshadows were so amazing why does she only use her palette? They have other palettes why doesn't she use those too? Because they don't make her any money.

She uses their liquid lipsticks so i believe she likes those, she brings them travelling in her vlogs and has worn them in some videos. However those lip palettes are normally waxy and taste like fake cherry and remind me of kids makeup because lets be real, it probably is.

Isn't bh cosmetics private labeled ebay makeup? Not 100% sure on that.

effyou

Post by effyou »

Finally getting around to watching her 2 newest vlogs. Is patrick star over dressed or is everyone else underdressed for the panels? Not sure what most people would wear to that type of event haha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BigBerthaCarrotTop
Debater
Debater

Post by BigBerthaCarrotTop »

effyou wrote:Finally getting around to watching her 2 newest vlogs. Is patrick star over dressed or is everyone else underdressed for the panels? Not sure what most people would wear to that type of event haha
I don't follow patrick so I only ever see him when others post pics, but from what I can tell dude is almost ALWAYS overdressed for the occasion.
What panel was this from? I haven't been following her vlogs or anything other than her main channel vids tbh. lol
:love2: :love2:

effyou

Post by effyou »

Vidcon.

Idk I'd think it would he somewhere between patrick star and what everyone else is wearing.

But maybe it's just her stupid jean jacket. Shannon and that jean jacket of hers she insists on wearing everywhere with anything to everything even when it doesn't match. She was wearing it with a white tank top and short leopard print skirt and she wore it to her clinque meetup and was wearing with a beige romper thing and a sparkly silver necklace. :roll:

And i don't follow patrick star either haha his name always makes me think of spongebobs friend

candlepants
Informer
Informer

Post by candlepants »

effyou wrote:Finally getting around to watching her 2 newest vlogs. Is patrick star over dressed or is everyone else underdressed for the panels? Not sure what most people would wear to that type of event haha
It's Patrick, he is ALWAYS dressed up for everything ever. I guess everyone else took the casual approach but he's just something else (in a good way) and sat in the middle like on his throne haha

PeachFlavoredFanta
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PeachFlavoredFanta »

I'm not excited about the possibility of gemstone-themed beauty looks. The cocktail ones made sense, because cocktails tend to be very colorful with mixtures and gradients and garnishes, but I didn't love a single look she did. I think she gets by on what she taught herself, but she really can't do much. I really wish she'd go back to doing the celebrity inspired looks she used to do of Perrie Edwards, Gigi Hadid, etc. since she was actually pretty good at those. I think her channel was MUCH better in 2014 than it is now. if she creates a messy awkward opal gemstone look (which is my birthstone and absolute favorite), then I'm just gonna be like :roll:

I used to get so much winter attire Inspo from her, but she just wears the same tacky stuff over and over nowadays. But I am going to try giving her channel a shot again because I'm desperate honestly haha. I sort of wish she'd dye her hair a dark color, I think it would look nice on her.

effyou

Post by effyou »

cherryGummybear wrote:I'm not excited about the possibility of gemstone-themed beauty looks. The cocktail ones made sense, because cocktails tend to be very colorful with mixtures and gradients and garnishes, but I didn't love a single look she did. I think she gets by on what she taught herself, but she really can't do much. I really wish she'd go back to doing the celebrity inspired looks she used to do of Perrie Edwards, Gigi Hadid, etc. since she was actually pretty good at those. I think her channel was MUCH better in 2014 than it is now. if she creates a messy awkward opal gemstone look (which is my birthstone and absolute favorite), then I'm just gonna be like :roll:

I used to get so much winter attire Inspo from her, but she just wears the same tacky stuff over and over nowadays. But I am going to try giving her channel a shot again because I'm desperate honestly haha. I sort of wish she'd dye her hair a dark color, I think it would look nice on her.
She actually did an opal look aaages ago that i personally thought was pretty good with the abh moonchild palette or whatever it's called. I don't think she'd do another one. She could do a black opal one that would be neat. She did my birthstone (peridot) for her birthday get ready with me it was just a sparkly lid with a pale green lower lashline. It was pretty but simple.

I'm imagining her doing these cool looks like for example a black opal look so black smokey eye with iridescent glitter and black lipstick and maybe a green iridescent highlighter. So I'm picturing completely unwearable but pretty with glitter and gemstones and out there lipstick colors and shannon tends to try to make thinks wearable so she'll probably do something like her birthday get ready with me. A pop of color on the lower lashline or a green smeared all over the lid and nude lipstick for an emerald look.

Maybe she'll prove us all wrong. I don't even care if she steals my black opal idea from here i'd love to see that haha

Also i could see a change of hair color coming soon, she keeps over toning her hair to make it pink and purple even though it looks crap so i think she's getting bored of her hair color.

effyou

Post by effyou »

candlepants wrote:
It's Patrick, he is ALWAYS dressed up for everything ever. I guess everyone else took the casual approach but he's just something else (in a good way) and sat in the middle like on his throne haha
I don't follow patrick but i agree he looked nice and made everyone look sloppy and shit in comparison rather than looking awkwardly over dressed.

effyou

Post by effyou »

Her new palette :roll:

When has she ever loved a hot pink eyeshadow or dark purple? The red is obviously something she likes though. And that shimmery copper color. But that middle top brown is ugly

BurgundyLips
Learner
Learner

Post by BurgundyLips »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ7OlYklMkG ... y=shaaanxo

Is it just me, or is this photo creepily warped?

BurgundyLips
Learner
Learner

Post by BurgundyLips »

What's so different about it though? It looks so similar to the other one. I guess the other one did sell enough copies for bh cosmetics to want to do a 2nd version. The thing is, she hawked the thing like crazy, on her channel, Instagram, twitter.....like it was just brainwashing at some point. Kudos to her for selling lots of copies, but it made her content look a little crappy and repetitive.

Mooglenz
Debater
Debater

Post by Mooglenz »

BurgundyLips wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ7OlYklMkG ... y=shaaanxo

Is it just me, or is this photo creepily warped?
She has literally reshaped her entire facial structure with Facetune.

Return to “Shaaanxo”