Estée Lalonde - General thread part 17

fancyvagabond
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Estée Lalonde - General thread part 17

Post by fancyvagabond »

Owli wrote:soooo interesting to see how many people are asking about asslan's background in the comments of the Q&A video.
If you go by the comments is seems like most of her original viewers abandoned her channel after the million subs "rebranding" fiasco a year ago. I mean 99% of her commenters are totally clueless about Aslan who's been on her main AND vlog channels from the start, and they've done several q&a videos talking about his background etc. So I guess most of her viewers now are new. That explains why she's still teetering on the million sub mark after hitting it... A lot of her original fans unsubbed thus regressing her sub count progress even with new subscribers coming in.

Re: Estee and Amelia - their fall out was predictable and inevitable. We've seen it 10 times already with every "best friend" Estee has had since she started documenting her pathetic UK life, and we all know she didn't have much of a social life when she was a jobless bum back in Canada.
Estee most definitely WANTS to have friends, she does not want to be stuck with just Aslan for the rest of her life. The problem is she is lazy. As in with EVERY area of her life - like her job, her independence, her hobbies, her romantic relationship - She's simply not interested in putting in the hard work it takes to create something genuine, something of real value. Her friendships are shallow and fleeting because they are another sad outcome of the way she chooses to live her life.
People still do Vlogs? Vlogs are what you shouldn't do when you've got nothing to do. They're terrible. It's like, why don't you make an idea?

- Willam Belli

TheSevenDials
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TheSevenDials »

I also think that she is very lazy and I can't believe she doesn't have any ideas for her channel.
She's doing only favourites and makeup routines over and over again.
English is not my first language.

luvey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luvey »

TheSevenDials wrote:I also think that she is very lazy and I can't believe she doesn't have any ideas for her channel.
She's doing only favourites and makeup routines over and over again.
she doesn't have many interest that are her own, therefore she has no idea what to do besides stand by favorites or make up videos. i can think of a ton of videos to do, but i have a job that i have contact with people on a regular basis, i read constantly for pleasure and new ideas for work, and i have hobbies that don't include shopping.

if she supposedly loves interior design so much, she would find a way to incorporate more into her videos. they have the money, and she can travel oodles. she's in the UK, she can do day trips and explore her adopted country. she likes antique stores, she can learn more...

but yup....she is lazy and has zero interest in learning more about anything that passes her fancy (which, of course, must be given the okay by Aslan).

it bugs me when people who have opportunity, just piss it away.

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

I was just going to suggest video ideas such as life as an immigrant in England, were there any struggles etc. But this is a woman who despite having the wanderlust to move continents has rarely left her wealthy area of London. She has more opportunity to travel not only within the UK, but to the rest of the world than most, even to learn about and explore Englands history would be a start.

fancyvagabond
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by fancyvagabond »

SuggthePug wrote:e, I think it's fine to complain, but to film the call and upload a snippet of it on Instagram? Nah.
Looks like she deleted it because It's not on her insta anymore. Did she mention what the "uncomfortable experience" was?
People still do Vlogs? Vlogs are what you shouldn't do when you've got nothing to do. They're terrible. It's like, why don't you make an idea?

- Willam Belli

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

How much do you wanna bet she dropped her fame/'status' on the manager on the phone as some sort of warning. Probably 'I'm actually on a page in ELLE Canada this month!'

ezri
Talker
Talker

Post by ezri »

SuggthePug wrote:
fancyvagabond wrote:
SuggthePug wrote:e, I think it's fine to complain, but to film the call and upload a snippet of it on Instagram? Nah.
Looks like she deleted it because It's not on her insta anymore. Did she mention what the "uncomfortable experience" was?
Apparently someone who worked in the shop was following her around or something. She didn't say too much detail, but she said she called the store and complained to the manager. Then in the next part of her instastory she showed a clip from someone's phone where they had filmed her conversation with the store. All you could hear was "I was in your store at ... mall today and I had a uncomfortable experience with an employee of yours".

It's actually still there - Go to instragram and click her icon, then you'll see the clips eventually. She's wearing a light grey-ish top and is pretty close to the camera. There are three clips of her talking about it. It's also on Snapchat I believe.
Dumbass fake-feminist Estee strikes again. Try being a person of colour for a DAY and you'll know what being followed in a shop actually feels like :roll:

Ophelia
Informer
Informer

Post by Ophelia »

I can't remember where I saw her mention it, but I found it interesting that she'd stopped taking the birth control pill because of the impact it was having on her health. I had an incredibly rough 2016 because of the mental and physical impact of about three different BCPs. That could be what was contributing to her slump, and why she seems to have come out of it for the most part. I feel for her if she went through what I did, because I wouldn't wish what I personally went through on anyone.

I'd love to know what she's changed in regards to her skincare because her skin now is flawless compared to how it used to look. Not that it was terrible before, but there is a noticeable difference between then and now.

vanillafilter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillafilter »

As someone that's worked in customer service before, that is the MOST PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE THING EVER. If she really had such a problem with how she were treated at the store, she could have easily just gone up to the front and asked for a manager right then and there and had the problem resolved and the person confronted. Instead, she decided to stew about it, go home, then have Aslan record herself calling and asking to speak to the manager after the fact to what... show how much of an "adult" she was for "standing up" for herself? Barf.

It's interesting about the birth control. I hope she finds something that works for her in regards to her health. I also hope that she wasn't going through it alone because she's had access to help (medical and emotional). But I don't think it has anything to do with her stank ass attitude, that I think is just the result of her having more money and "power" over time and having the perfect enabler (Aslan). There's that saying that when people get wealthy, they don't necessarily get happier- but they have more of a chance to be who they really are (based on how they choose to use their money).

tadahhhhh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tadahhhhh »

What a spiteful little bitch. The person in the store was probably just doing their job and she feels she has the right to complain about it? Some stores have quite a proactive approach to sales and like to make sure that customers get greeted properly or that their staff actively ask customers if they need help or follow them around. I know this is annoying sometimes, but a fairly common practice in retail. I can't believe that she would call and complain about it and then post it on social media. What a dick. Sometimes I almost feel sorry for her pathetic self and then she pulls this kind of crap. Typical, selfish, catty behaviour that just probably stems from her own insecurities and bullshit neurosis. And the sad thing is that she actually thinks this type of behaviour is something to be proud of. It's like that diva meltdown at the baftas all over again.

What a nasty, spoilt, entitled little cow she really is. What if the person gets fired because of this? Not everyone has a millionaire boyfriend to support to them.

Ava2014
Informer
Informer

Post by Ava2014 »

Can anyone explain to me where I can find more about the argument between Estee and Amelia?

And can someone give me a little summary of her depression story in her book?

TheSevenDials
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TheSevenDials »

She is still very depressed. It's more than obvious.
English is not my first language.

GlitteringFairy
Talker
Talker

Post by GlitteringFairy »

Did we ever figure out what Aslan got her for Christmas?

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

TheSevenDials wrote:She is still very depressed. It's more than obvious.
Yeah there's obviously something up with her. Being 'off' all throughout Vlogmas, missing the final days and ending up with that horrible 'Q&A' just so she can say she finished it, and... her appearance in that vid... like I have no problem with casual videos where the YTer doesn't bother with makeup-- in fact I enjoy those videos... but the hair that not only wasn't brushed, but one weird chunk of it haphazardly clipped up, the blotchy face, the clothes that looked like she hadn't changed out of them in 3 days. Truly looking like this was actually the best she could muster up.
Did we ever figure out what Aslan got her for Christmas?
I'd also really like to know this since I want to see if it actually justifies his weird disappearance on his birthday or if that excuse was in fact bullshit.

vanillafilter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillafilter »

She's living proof that money can't buy happiness. Whenever she's in Canada it's like she becomes her worst self.

CrazyCapric0rn
Talker
Talker

Post by CrazyCapric0rn »

I have officially unfollowed Estee off of all social media platforms after she posted that video complaining about an employee from "Conestoga Mall". I am a Waterloo resident and was extremely disappointed that she was complaining about employees at a Shopper's Drug Mart (I'm assuming it was the one inside the mall) especially having worked at that very mall herself. First of all, that mall has almost nothing to offer, ESPECIALLY to someone who is trying to brand themselves as a 'luxury brand'. It is a small mall with the biggest stores being H&M and Apple, there is not even a SEPHORA, just to put things into perspective for you. I find it odd that she chooses to visit the mall EVERY single time she goes to Canada and then ends up complaining about an employee. Like what did you expect?? You weren't exactly shopping at Prada.
I do not know what the case was but if the employee was following her around, I highly doubt it was malicious. My guess is that it was a teenage girl who watches Estee and she was probably too shy to go up and say hello. Either way, it was incredibly tacky to post on social media. Shopper's is very corporate and really values their customers (even at the expense of the employee) so I wouldn't be surprised if that girl got fired. It would be great if the person spoke up and posted a video of what happened, but knowing Estee, she would probably sue for defamation if that happened. Also to whoever said that she is privileged HELL TO THE F*CKING YES!!! I have friends who are POC and come from wealthy families but meanwhile get followed around Shopper's on the REGULAR for absolutely no reason at all.
Estee, if you are reading this you are a POS and I hope you lose all your subscribers and sponsorships by the end of 2017. :FU:

& Also F*CK YOU!!! Not everyone is fortunate enough to meet a BILLIONAIRE online and move into a fully paid for mansion in CENTRAL LONDON!!! and not everyone has opportunities to see the world like you do, yet you take it for granted EVERY TIME YOU TRAVEL!! :rofl: Some of us are stuck in this hell hole and trying our damn hardest to make the best of it. You do not get to come home and shit on all of us just because you think you are better (girl boss my ass, you would be nowhere without the man in your life and you know it). You are not better than anyone, you just got DAMN LUCKY.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

^where was this video?

CrazyCapric0rn
Talker
Talker

Post by CrazyCapric0rn »

^This was a snapchat story from a couple days ago. There is no video as far as I know.

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TTGirl »

CrazyCapric0rn wrote:I have officially unfollowed Estee off of all social media platforms after she posted that video complaining about an employee from "Conestoga Mall". I am a Waterloo resident and was extremely disappointed that she was complaining about employees at a Shopper's Drug Mart (I'm assuming it was the one inside the mall) especially having worked at that very mall herself. First of all, that mall has almost nothing to offer, ESPECIALLY to someone who is trying to brand themselves as a 'luxury brand'. It is a small mall with the biggest stores being H&M and Apple, there is not even a SEPHORA, just to put things into perspective for you. I find it odd that she chooses to visit the mall EVERY single time she goes to Canada and then ends up complaining about an employee. Like what did you expect?? You weren't exactly shopping at Prada.
I do not know what the case was but if the employee was following her around, I highly doubt it was malicious. My guess is that it was a teenage girl who watches Estee and she was probably too shy to go up and say hello. Either way, it was incredibly tacky to post on social media. Shopper's is very corporate and really values their customers (even at the expense of the employee) so I wouldn't be surprised if that girl got fired. It would be great if the person spoke up and posted a video of what happened, but knowing Estee, she would probably sue for defamation if that happened. Also to whoever said that she is privileged HELL TO THE F*CKING YES!!! I have friends who are POC and come from wealthy families but meanwhile get followed around Shopper's on the REGULAR for absolutely no reason at all.
Estee, if you are reading this you are a POS and I hope you lose all your subscribers and sponsorships by the end of 2017. :FU:

& Also F*CK YOU!!! Not everyone is fortunate enough to meet a BILLIONAIRE online and move into a fully paid for mansion in CENTRAL LONDON!!! and not everyone has opportunities to see the world like you do, yet you take it for granted EVERY TIME YOU TRAVEL!! :rofl: Some of us are stuck in this hell hole and trying our damn hardest to make the best of it. You do not get to come home and shit on all of us just because you think you are better (girl boss my ass, you would be nowhere without the man in your life and you know it). You are not better than anyone, you just got DAMN LUCKY.

I agree with everything you said. I found these about her more than a year ago and every time I tried watching a little bit just to see if things have changed she just grossed me out :? Bad bad human being

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

She keeps going to Conestoga Mall because it's the closest one to her. I don't know why she doesn't go to Toronto when she visits home, it's a quick greyhound trip over I used to do it all the time.

Return to “Estee Lalonde”