Sean Elliot O'Connor

16london
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sean Elliot O'Connor

Post by 16london »

Sean Elliot O'Connor, the boyfriend of Poppy Deyes, just opened his Youtube channel. His first video is amazing! :o <3

Go subscribe to him! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDkgRy ... Dugyt02Y-A

:D :D :D

sunnygossip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Sean Elliot O'Connor

Post by sunnygossip »

i couldn't get through it, sure he was comfortable, which is a generally good quality. it's just making a career off of your sister's brother's career who made (a large portion) of his career off of his relationship with his girlfriend, seems kind of "blah" to me. i wonder how successful he will be, though. :?

Skyr
Debater
Debater

Post by Skyr »

I like how calm he seems in public compared to Alfie who is always shouting. Sean just talks normally.
From what I've seen of Poppy and Sean in Zalfies vlogs I like them, they seem nice and fun, but I'm guessing Seans vlogs will be very similar to Alfies. They hang out so much so, and if Sean daily vlogs, it will probably be just like watching the same day from two different angles..

It does seem ridiculous that the boyfriend of the sister of the boyfriend of the 'famous one' now will also make a shit ton of money from that connection. I don't think I will ever fully wrap my mind around just how much money youtubers make by doing practically nothing. It's hard to really understand why some people should get rich just from filming videos, and then even have all the followers come to them more or less automatically because of their connections. But I understand why you would want to take advantage of that. If I had the opportunity to pay my rent just by uploading one or two videos, I probably would do it too, and I think most people would be very tempted by that.

I'm interested to see where Sean will take his channel and what he will do with the opportunities that will now come his way. Hopefully he will do some good, like give aways, talking about important issues and such, and use his platform for something else than just make money. I'm a little doubtfull of that though, but let's wait and see.
- english is not my first language -

Lena
Learner
Learner

Post by Lena »

It's amazing what you can achieve when you have friends in high places - he currently has 123,000 subscribers in almost 24hrs!

I am one of those subscribers, he seems like a nice enough guy so happy to give him the chance.
His 1st video is too long in my opinion, I watched 10 minutes and got bored. I hope he introduces himself more formally so we get to know him as an individual rather than just being 'Alfie's sisters boyfiend'!

Interesting to see what kinda content he comes out with and I agree he comes across well on camera.

Bantersaurus
Talker
Talker

Post by Bantersaurus »

16london wrote:Sean Elliot O'Connor, the boyfriend of Poppy Deyes, just opened his Youtube channel. His first video is amazing! :o <3

:?

Zoe is that you?

niki900
Informer
Informer

Post by niki900 »

YouTubers need to realise that just being comfortable on camera does not necessarily mean you should be on camera.
Some people are just dull and have no personality.

It's like tofu - bland and tasteless; not enough to offend but nowhere near good enough to just eat like that. You need something else in there to give it taste and purpose, then it can be quite alright.
Sean is tofu.

RubyWooo
Debater
Debater

Post by RubyWooo »

Well, we've all seen this coming! Haven't watched his video yet - I will defenitely try. Don't want to judge when I haven't seen anything of him yet - I'm hoping its better quality than Alfies.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

I got about two minutes in and I was bored...also his face is really...unrecognizable. It's crazy how far knowing the right people can get you. I doubt he'll be huge though.

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

Sean and Poppy literally seem like the most boring people, not only (now) on you tube but in the whole of existence. The nepotism within the youtube community is tragic. What's next? "Hey guys it's me slugella please subscribe to my cousins, neighbours, electricians you tube. He posts cool videos on electricity and stuff every other Thursday". While some big youtubers may have successful careers after youtube, people like Zoe and Alfie have nothing to really offer once their audience grows up, but Sean and Poppy? What on earth are they going to do when the Zalfie gravy train stops? Part of me is experiencing extreme second hand embarrassment and the other part is kind of ready for the tidal wave of cringe that is about to be bestowed upon us.

barbara-ann
Lurker
Lurker

Post by barbara-ann »

it's the same in any career really, it's not what you know it's who you know

i'm liking the fact he said in Alfie's vlog that he has spent 4 weeks practicing filming and editing etc, so he's taking it seriously

and i'm hoping he will get into his own style etc rather than doing an alfie vlog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

missdollboots
Learner
Learner

Post by missdollboots »

I couldn't ever really see the 'love' between Poppy and Sean but having watching his first video, I can see it better now; they're boring but cute lol
also idk why but Zoe seems like even more of a weirdo in Sean's vlogs ahhah

Lena
Learner
Learner

Post by Lena »

Anyone know what he currently does for a living / what his current main source of income is?
He tweeted today that he will be doing a Q&A soon, maybe I will find out then if you guys aren't sure!

Skyr
Debater
Debater

Post by Skyr »

In regard to Sean and Poppy being boring and not having any personality... Well, wouldnt most people seem that way in vlogs? I think its pretty difficult to say some people are just more interesting than others when all they show is them shopping and going out or something like that. Of course we are not getting any deep discussions or thought on politics or philosophy or anything like that which could show interesting aspects of a personality. But they joke, laugh, play pranks, have friends, goes out.. I dont know, I just think its extremely difficult to say who has a boring personality or not. People are just different.

Anyway. Seans second vlog. He was a bit more shout-y and loud in this one, and I cringed at him yelling out the car window. Ugh. Sean. I had high hopes for you.
Also I disliked him putting in clips of strangers, like the man shouting on the street or the girl on the scooters (is that what its called?). I think as a vlogger you need to be aware and very respectful of the fact that some people do not want to be filmed and put online. I have to say this second vlog made me like Sean just a little bit less..
- english is not my first language -

Lena
Learner
Learner

Post by Lena »

I've just watched his second vlog, 15 mins long, and I lost interest a couple of minutes in.
I think I look at the length of the video and think 'ugh..' I'm not ready to commit to that length of video at this stage!!

I see him becoming someone I watch once I've watched the usual favourites. Probably the same league as Marcus and Oli White (that seems like more of a compliment than it actually is haha), but I watch Alfie regularly and I don't want to re-watch a day from another persons perspective, and Sean and zalfie seem pretty close. That's why I don't usually bother with Zoe's vlogs as I've usually seem it from Alfie 5 days earlier.

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

Ugh, I didn't realise he had a thread already. I posted this in Alfie's:

Sean's channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDkgRy ... ugyt02Y-A/

2 days later, he has 600k views & almost 250k subscribers (he'll have 1 million in no time then?).

Nepotism is alive on well on YouTube. 'New' media is a lot like old media.
Bantersaurus wrote:
16london wrote:Sean Elliot O'Connor, the boyfriend of Poppy Deyes, just opened his Youtube channel. His first video is amazing! :o <3

:?

Zoe is that you?
IKR? :lol:

helia
Informer
Informer

Post by helia »

He seems just as annoying as Alfie. He was so screechy and loud in that second vlog, and that stupid high-pitched laugh/wail at the end when he turns off the lights while Poppy's in the bathroom. I can't tell if he's exaggerating for the camera or if that's just him, but he always seemed so much more normal in Zalfie's vlogs. It annoys me that he'll get so many subscribers from Alfie alone and he has nothing interesting to offer. He went to Tesco and then to the pub. Wow, as if that's something we never get to do ourselves. Yet because he has loads of views he'll think people are genuinely interested in his boring days and his shouty commentary.

ClipClap
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ClipClap »

Meh, maybe he'll use his channel for good and do done some interesting things.

We can but hope.
I usually use my phone - autocorrect (Swype) mistakes are unintentional.

helia
Informer
Informer

Post by helia »

He seems just as annoying as Alfie. He was so screechy and loud in that second vlog, and that stupid high-pitched laugh/wail at the end when he turns off the lights while Poppy's in the bathroom. I can't tell if he's exaggerating for the camera or if that's just him, but he always seemed so much more normal in Zalfie's vlogs. It annoys me that he'll get so many subscribers from Alfie alone and he has nothing interesting to offer. He went to Tesco and then to the pub. Wow, as if that's something we never get to do ourselves. Yet because he has loads of views he'll think people are genuinely interested in his boring days and his shouty commentary.

Ajay9
Learner
Learner

Post by Ajay9 »

Bit of a joke how he'll get a silver youtube play button for one average vlog!

and it's so embarrassing how obsessed Alfie and Zoe are with numbers! Alfie walking around town with his phone on Sean's live subscriber count....

elfsapphire
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by elfsapphire »

He quit his normal job for Youtube? ... wow

Return to “The British Crew”