Sunbeamsjess Part 2

puresoul
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sunbeamsjess Part 2

Post by puresoul »

minieve wrote:She had an extremely posh southern accent at the start, then picked up a more northern accent in Edinburgh, but her voice also got way higher or something I think? It used to be quite mature and clipped. Now it's kind of in the middle of the two I think
Yes, come to think of it you're right, she sounds posh in her older videos!

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

I don't really understand what she does all the time :/ She puts up blog posts so rarely and I mean I manage to blog once a week when I do uni, have a job, and do extracurriculars. I'm genuinely a bit baffled as to where her time goes.

CalmYaFarm
Informer
Informer

Post by CalmYaFarm »

^ I feel like she sleeps 14 hours a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nervousbeachgoer
Informer
Informer

Post by nervousbeachgoer »

I can kind of understand finding it hard being back in London and missing Edinburgh - the time after uni is hard and if Zak and her friends are getting started in their careers while she is still living the student life she might feel like she's made the wrong choice....struggle to feel that sorry for her though, she has literally every opportunity available to her with her free house in London

VelvetDiamond
Lurker
Lurker

Post by VelvetDiamond »

nervousbeachgoer wrote:I can kind of understand finding it hard being back in London and missing Edinburgh - the time after uni is hard and if Zak and her friends are getting started in their careers while she is still living the student life she might feel like she's made the wrong choice....struggle to feel that sorry for her though, she has literally every opportunity available to her with her free house in London
Yea..what baffles me is that she never, in all these years at the uni, picked up some extracurricular activity..other than youtube and now blog. It seems that her only interests are books, tattoos and christmas :( . Most of my uni colleagues have part-time job, doing sports, learning languages, volunteer..

hanaemii
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by hanaemii »

VelvetDiamond wrote:
nervousbeachgoer wrote:I can kind of understand finding it hard being back in London and missing Edinburgh - the time after uni is hard and if Zak and her friends are getting started in their careers while she is still living the student life she might feel like she's made the wrong choice....struggle to feel that sorry for her though, she has literally every opportunity available to her with her free house in London
Yea..what baffles me is that she never, in all these years at the uni, picked up some extracurricular activity..other than youtube and now blog. It seems that her only interests are books, tattoos and christmas :( . Most of my uni colleagues have part-time job, doing sports, learning languages, volunteer..
Yeah super weird.. if she's unsure of what she wants to do after, it'll be good for her to take her time and maybe volunteer - even at her mums firm just to see what it's like. I can totally see her going to law school after
BANNED

:hugs:

HelenaL
Debater
Debater

Post by HelenaL »

hanaemii wrote:
VelvetDiamond wrote:
Yeah super weird.. if she's unsure of what she wants to do after, it'll be good for her to take her time and maybe volunteer - even at her mums firm just to see what it's like. I can totally see her going to law school after
I think that might have something to do with her becoming best friends with April and Rachel and meeting Zak almost straight away. She didn't really have to put herself out there in order to meet new people. It seemed to just all fall into place for her in Edinburgh. Also, I can't speak for anyone bar myself but as someone who graduated from Law School last year I don't think Jess could stick the pace of it. But then again, Jess does have the benefit of having a Magic Circle Partner as her Mother. What I wouldn't give to have that sort of access to the upper echelons of the legal profession!

Post by Guest »

HelenaL wrote:
hanaemii wrote:
VelvetDiamond wrote:
I think that might have something to do with her becoming best friends with April and Rachel and meeting Zak almost straight away. She didn't really have to put herself out there in order to meet new people. It seemed to just all fall into place for her in Edinburgh. Also, I can't speak for anyone bar myself but as someone who graduated from Law School last year I don't think Jess could stick the pace of it. But then again, Jess does have the benefit of having a Magic Circle Partner as her Mother. What I wouldn't give to have that sort of access to the upper echelons of the legal profession!
I've wanted to say the same thing, but as an American attorney I can't speak to the rigors of UK law school. I was a very motivated student, and always have been, and I found law school quite challenging! Over here it can be quite rigorous. Having a contact for a job isn't everything, and won't be of any use to you once you're in a position and can't manage the work load.

EHAntlrthng
Lurker
Lurker

Post by EHAntlrthng »

puresoul wrote:
minieve wrote:She had an extremely posh southern accent at the start, then picked up a more northern accent in Edinburgh, but her voice also got way higher or something I think? It used to be quite mature and clipped. Now it's kind of in the middle of the two I think
Yes, come to think of it you're right, she sounds posh in her older videos!
I think as someone from Yorkshire I can offer some input into this accent thing. She used to form her words very far back and high up in her mouth in a typical posh/ southern way. If you watch her older videos you can see that Jess just moves her mouth to shape the sound at the end. I always found her old accent pleasant to listen to and kind of delicate. The northern influences in her accent have moved the sounds much further forwards in her mouth, you can see in her newer videos that the sounds are often formed near her lips. I think that Jess speaks with more confidence/ in a more planned way now too which has added to the harsher, louder, and often lower (I think) sound of her voice. The northern aspects also make some of her consonants clipped (ie. she won't pronounce "but" as "bu'" with a glottal stop, but will instead stop half way and pronounce a sort of "bud" sound.) I Hope this isn't too OTT, I've just been trying to figure out the accent change for ages as it lacks so many distinct regional features that it's a little confusing to hear.

alliwantistruth
Informer
Informer

Post by alliwantistruth »

^ could the lower voice just be her aging? People's voices do mature don't they

HelenaL
Debater
Debater

Post by HelenaL »

If her voice has lowered due to age she needs to get a hairdo to go with it. She looks like a primary school child who borrowed her mother's eyeliner with her hair like it currently is.

Post by Guest »

I just look at the thumbnails and titles for hef videos these days and they're boring enough to put me off watching. Like, wow, another overpriced clothing haul??

bad_wolf
Informer
Informer

Post by bad_wolf »

greed-futures wrote:I just look at the thumbnails and titles for hef videos these days and they're boring enough to put me off watching. Like, wow, another overpriced clothing haul??
it was honestly pointless, she did a whole video to show what, six pieces of clothing?

just wait, a sponsored vid will be up next :roll:

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

6 or 7 pieces and one was a basic, overpriced black t shirt.

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

^They were just straight up boring imo. Cutest thing was the unif sweater but i don't understand the apeal of unif, i've see just as interesting sweaters thrifiting. I don't hate the way she dresses though, i just usually find her lookbooks and clothings hauls boring.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

I feel that she has so many clothes that are all so similar. Does she really need another baggy sweater? Another oversized t shirt? how many does one need?

_iva19_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by _iva19_ »

A personal shopper, a personal trainer, money to buy clothes every week and claims that veganism is a privilege... :roll:

chairman_meow
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chairman_meow »

I've skipped most of her main channel videos now. They feel so low effort.

HelenaL
Debater
Debater

Post by HelenaL »

I'm not a fan of her style about 90% of the time. She has a fantastic figure, pretty face and oodles of money, I think she could look a lot better than she usually does. My favourite lookbook of her's is from New Year's Eve 2014 < > There's just something about the last look that I still love even though it is a very weird outfit, being pyjamas as outerwear. I loved it so much I bought those same pjs, only I don't venture out of the house in them.

minieve
Talker
Talker

Post by minieve »

Her obsession with her skin is a bit annoying. It's basically perfect and any problems are probably caused by her shit diet, not something I'd be spending hundreds on facials and products for

Return to “sunbeamsjess”