Our family nest

thealiengirlkathryn
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Our family nest

Post by thealiengirlkathryn »

I wonder if maybe some problem arose with them living in the house. Like maybe Cori got tired of having sex while teenage siblings were in the next room or sharing the bathroom with three boys. Or maybe Karli or Chase heard something and Candi got upset and asked Andrew and Cori to tone it down or something. Idk. The whole scenario was just weird. I don't think I could be intimate with somebody in their family's home with parents and younger siblings all around.

elephants35
Learner
Learner

Post by elephants35 »

I commented something on a video of theirs a few days ago, it was about how neither chase or asha were wearing seat belts. Immediately I was attacked by their stans and had people of accusing me that I never wear a seat belt, and how I'm stupid for not seeing that they were just pulled behind their backs. I can't get over the stupidity, wearing a seat belt behind your back is not much better then not wearing one at all.

Ohioteal
Informer
Informer

Post by Ohioteal »

elephants35 wrote:I commented something on a video of theirs a few days ago, it was about how neither chase or asha were wearing seat belts. Immediately I was attacked by their stans and had people of accusing me that I never wear a seat belt, and how I'm stupid for not seeing that they were just pulled behind their backs. I can't get over the stupidity, wearing a seat belt behind your back is not much better then not wearing one at all.
The kids defending them in the comments about not wearing seatbelts are absolutely ridiculous. I will never understand why Candi and Ken don’t care when the kids aren’t buckled up. They just allow it to happen and mock viewers that call it out.

It almost made me laugh when Candi posted this:

What a complete crock of shit!! I do not believe for a second that she is “always having conversations about safe driving” with any of the kids. This family doesn’t give a rat’s ass about car safety and they demonstrate that over and over again. Anything for that ad money I suppose. They haven’t gotten ticketed for not wearing seatbelts and think they’re invincible, so they won’t change. Plus I don’t think they care about the $59 raise in insurance per year that a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt would cause, considering they probably spend that amount on fast food every couple of days.

Maybe Andrew’s recent accident will make them safer for the sole reason of what a hassle it can be to deal with insurance. I’m sure Candi is the one having to deal with it all since she coddles her kids so much, even though Andrew is in his 20’s and fully capable of doing it himself. Blake is 18 and she applies to jobs for him because she says he won’t do it himself. But no, her kids aren’t spoiled guys!

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

Wow, no one saw that break up coming :roll: and this is why you don't move your significant other of a few months into your parents house.
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

GGishi-liteofmyday
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by GGishi-liteofmyday »

sisinikkole wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:29 pm
Wow, no one saw that break up coming :roll: and this is why you don't move your significant other of a few months into your parents house.
At least they broke up before signing a lease together. The whole thing was weird. He was single...they were together...they were living together...they were broken up. All of that in the span of a few months. Like you said...no one saw that break up coming ;)

123789s
Informer
Informer

Post by 123789s »

I think I am the only one who doesn't find it weird that she "moved in" with them, which I don't think she actually did.

If OFN & E&E were to collab, I am sure it would get a bit of views - so it definitely must be something bad

Jenin
Informer
Informer

Post by Jenin »

123789s wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:03 pm
I think I am the only one who doesn't find it weird that she "moved in" with them, which I don't think she actually did.

If OFN & E&E were to collab, I am sure it would get a bit of views - so it definitely must be something bad
I don’t think she was actually living there, just spending the night regularly.

GGishi-liteofmyday
Gossiper
Gossiper

Jenin wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:25 pm
123789s wrote:

She didn't have her mail forwarded, but she was staying there pretty regularly. I don't think it's inappropriate for them to be "living together" after a couple of months. I think it's weird to be doing that in a house filled with your family members and I don't understand why they would be okay having sex with just a thin wall separating you from your siblings.

123789s
Informer
Informer

Post by 123789s »

GGishi-liteofmyday wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:20 am
Jenin wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:25 pm
123789s wrote:

She didn't have her mail forwarded, but she was staying there pretty regularly. I don't think it's inappropriate for them to be "living together" after a couple of months. I think it's weird to be doing that in a house filled with your family members and I don't understand why they would be okay having sex with just a thin wall separating you from your siblings.
It really isn't that big of a deal

uklaydee
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by uklaydee »

I think Andrew and Cori got way too intense way too quickly, and Candi definitely didn't like Cori. Andrew is a nice guy, I hope he learns from this and takes the next relationship he gets into more slowly.

Blakes attitude when he split with Lily was really controlling, there were so many red flags in the things he said and the anger he felt. I don't think Chase is quite as bad with Asha, but then they seem more like best friends than bf/gf. I really hate how Asha always packs his bags when hes going away. Fold your own damn clothes and pack your own bags. There is a real outdated sense of sexism in their family as a whole....hence the whole thing about Karli thinking boys are too controlling, and Asha just taking on Candi's role and "looking after her man". There is no sense of empowering the girls to grow up into independent women, or encouraging the boys to be respectful of girls and understanding that they don't get a say over what their girlfriend wears or where she goes.

Back through this thread there was some mention of Karli and Ken's relationship, and also that the siblings aren't very close, and the more I think of it, the more I see how Candi could be manipulating them all, so that she remains the focus. It is called triangulation, and I grew up with a parent that did this. Ken and Karli really have no relationship, he only knows her through Candi. Same with the lack of sibling relationships. Candi always has to be in the middle of everything, and the kids don't get that chance to develop those bonds outside of her. I think it is really sad, especially for Andrew, as he knows how nice it is to be that close with siblings as he has that on his dad's side.

Blake, Chase and Karli are all incredibly aloof and bland. Probably as a result of growing up with their lives being so public, but also because Candi is so overbearing. Andrew is the only one with any personality.

Asha has a lovely singing voice, and her brother has had some success as a music artist. I have some of his songs on my spotify. I think Asha has her head screwed on. I just wish Candi would stop reducing her to 1/2 of Chasha. I definitely think they pay her for being in the videos, and I know Asha bought her car from her own money, but I bet they chipped in if she went car shopping on their channel.

Sorry for the essay, I just got caught up on this thread and had so many thoughts!

Ohioteal
Informer
Informer

Our family nest

Post by Ohioteal »

uklaydee wrote:I think Andrew and Cori got way too intense way too quickly, and Candi definitely didn't like Cori. Andrew is a nice guy, I hope he learns from this and takes the next relationship he gets into more slowly.

Blakes attitude when he split with Lily was really controlling, there were so many red flags in the things he said and the anger he felt. I don't think Chase is quite as bad with Asha, but then they seem more like best friends than bf/gf. I really hate how Asha always packs his bags when hes going away. Fold your own damn clothes and pack your own bags. There is a real outdated sense of sexism in their family as a whole....hence the whole thing about Karli thinking boys are too controlling, and Asha just taking on Candi's role and "looking after her man". There is no sense of empowering the girls to grow up into independent women, or encouraging the boys to be respectful of girls and understanding that they don't get a say over what their girlfriend wears or where she goes.

Back through this thread there was some mention of Karli and Ken's relationship, and also that the siblings aren't very close, and the more I think of it, the more I see how Candi could be manipulating them all, so that she remains the focus. It is called triangulation, and I grew up with a parent that did this. Ken and Karli really have no relationship, he only knows her through Candi. Same with the lack of sibling relationships. Candi always has to be in the middle of everything, and the kids don't get that chance to develop those bonds outside of her. I think it is really sad, especially for Andrew, as he knows how nice it is to be that close with siblings as he has that on his dad's side.

Blake, Chase and Karli are all incredibly aloof and bland. Probably as a result of growing up with their lives being so public, but also because Candi is so overbearing. Andrew is the only one with any personality.

Asha has a lovely singing voice, and her brother has had some success as a music artist. I have some of his songs on my spotify. I think Asha has her head screwed on. I just wish Candi would stop reducing her to 1/2 of Chasha. I definitely think they pay her for being in the videos, and I know Asha bought her car from her own money, but I bet they chipped in if she went car shopping on their channel.

Sorry for the essay, I just got caught up on this thread and had so many thoughts!
That’s interesting, I have never heard of triangulation before. I’ve always thought it was that Ken was more interested in the boys and their sports, that is when he’s not playing video games. He seems to only be interested in their football and wrestling and not interested in what Karli is doing. It’s really sad. She will be an adult before they know it and it seems he hardly spends quality time with her. You can’t go back and get those moments. I think Candi wanted a girl sooo bad that she puts most of her focus on Karli but she at least spends times with the boys too. I think she’s a good mom, even though she’s a doormat and spoils them. She at least cares to spend time with them. I totally see what you mean with triangulation.

I do agree that there is definitely an outdated sense of sexism in the family. Asha seems like a sweet girl and I was surprised at how decent her voice sounded. It will be a shame when her and chase break up since she is close with the family. Chase and Asha seem like a 10 year married couple to me lol. I hope the kids aren’t as bland off camera as they are in the videos. Andrew is nice but he seems a little controlling or something. I don’t think Candi was super fond of Cory either, not like she is for Asha and Blake’s gf. I hate to say it but maybe she didn’t think Cory was pretty enough or up to Andrews standards? I could see her thinking something like that. I always got like vibe Candi was too keen on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thealiengirlkathryn
Learner
Learner

Ohioteal wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:01 pm
uklaydee wrote:I think Andrew and Cori got way too intense way too quickly, and Candi definitely didn't like Cori. Andrew is a nice guy, I hope he learns from this and takes the next relationship he gets into more slowly.

That’s interesting, I have never heard of triangulation before. I’ve always thought it was that Ken was more interested in the boys and their sports, that is when he’s not playing video games. He seems to only be interested in their football and wrestling and not interested in what Karli is doing. It’s really sad. She will be an adult before they know it and it seems he hardly spends quality time with her. You can’t go back and get those moments. I think Candi wanted a girl sooo bad that she puts most of her focus on Karli but she at least spends times with the boys too. I think she’s a good mom, even though she’s a doormat and spoils them. She at least cares to spend time with them. I totally see what you mean with triangulation.

I do agree that there is definitely an outdated sense of sexism in the family. Asha seems like a sweet girl and I was surprised at how decent her voice sounded. It will be a shame when her and chase break up since she is close with the family. Chase and Asha seem like a 10 year married couple to me lol. I hope the kids aren’t as bland off camera as they are in the videos. Andrew is nice but he seems a little controlling or something. I don’t think Candi was super fond of Cory either, not like she is for Asha and Blake’s gf. I hate to say it but maybe she didn’t think Cory was pretty enough or up to Andrews standards? I could see her thinking something like that. I always got like vibe Candi was too keen on her.

Maybe Candi didn't like Cori because she was more outspoken than the other girlfriends who seem to be on the quieter side. Maybe she saw Cori as a threat to her own relationship with Andrew.

Speaking of the gender roles, there was a vlog a couple weeks ago (one of the ones where Chase was grounded) where he mentioned having to pump Asha's gas for her. Like girl, it's 2019, learn how to pump your own gas. It's not that hard. I think it's sweet that Chase is willing to do it for her but she needs to know how to do it herself too. What if one day she gets in a bind and desperately needs gas but Chase isn't there?

uklaydee
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by uklaydee »

thealiengirlkathryn wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:15 pm
Maybe Candi didn't like Cori because she was more outspoken than the other girlfriends who seem to be on the quieter side. Maybe she saw Cori as a threat to her own relationship with Andrew.

Speaking of the gender roles, there was a vlog a couple weeks ago (one of the ones where Chase was grounded) where he mentioned having to pump Asha's gas for her. Like girl, it's 2019, learn how to pump your own gas. It's not that hard. I think it's sweet that Chase is willing to do it for her but she needs to know how to do it herself too. What if one day she gets in a bind and desperately needs gas but Chase isn't there?
I totally agree that Candi could have felt threatened by Cori. I also agree about the gas situation with Asha. If you are old enough and responsible enough to be driving then you should be able to pump your own gas (and when I was growing up, I was also taught how to change a tyre and check engine oil and water levels). But then in a recent vlog Ken told Candi not to go fill her vehicle with gas as it was too late at night and she should take his car in the morning. Is it really that unsafe where they live that pumping gas at 10pm is risky? Or is that just another indication of an out of date idea of what women can and can't do?

In todays vlog, Karli is having blood work done, and Candi has decided that maybe Karli isn't getting enough vitamins and nutrients in her diet. Um, you think? All the drive thru's and the take out they eat, yet she says that Karli does eat healthy, but some days doesn't get enough fruit...so they went and bought stuff for fruit pizza. :jd: What happened to just eating a banana as a snack on it's own? Without the sugary crust and the sugary topping on fruit pizza. They have no clue.

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

Anyone remember the vlog where Andrew and cori were making pizza and cori was slightly talking back to Candi? That's the perfect indication, at least to me, they didn't really like each other. I can't really say anything about asha pumping her own gas. I grew up in New Jersey and they pump your gas for you. Truthfully speaking I don't know how to. I also don't think it's that big a deal to have him pump her gas if he's with her. I'm sure when she's alone she's pumping her own gas.
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

Ohioteal
Informer
Informer

Post by Ohioteal »

uklaydee wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:15 pm

I totally agree that Candi could have felt threatened by Cori. I also agree about the gas situation with Asha. If you are old enough and responsible enough to be driving then you should be able to pump your own gas (and when I was growing up, I was also taught how to change a tyre and check engine oil and water levels). But then in a recent vlog Ken told Candi not to go fill her vehicle with gas as it was too late at night and she should take his car in the morning. Is it really that unsafe where they live that pumping gas at 10pm is risky? Or is that just another indication of an out of date idea of what women can and can't do?

In todays vlog, Karli is having blood work done, and Candi has decided that maybe Karli isn't getting enough vitamins and nutrients in her diet. Um, you think? All the drive thru's and the take out they eat, yet she says that Karli does eat healthy, but some days doesn't get enough fruit...so they went and bought stuff for fruit pizza. :jd: What happened to just eating a banana as a snack on it's own? Without the sugary crust and the sugary topping on fruit pizza. They have no clue.
I haven’t watched the bloodwork video yet. The title or thumbnail says something about how it’s Karli’s first time getting bloodwork. That seems crazy to me that she’s 15 and has never had bloodwork before? I was a healthy kid and definitely got blood drawn every once in a while. I’m pretty sure I had to get blood taken right before going I to kindergarten.

I am not surprised that they went and made fruit pizza as a way to be healthy. They need to take a nutrition course!! That’s like saying eating apple pie is healthy because there are apples. When Candi cooks, everything seems to be smothered in cheese, gravy, creamed soups, salt, etc. They need to cut out all of that and the fast foods. They can afford to have healthy meal services delivered to their house to cook. But they don’t do it. They can afford to have a full gym at home AND they have the space. But they don’t do it.

You know what else concerns me? How Chase keeps making comments about how he’s fat lately. He’s not at all. He’s just eating normally and growing and not cutting weight for wrestling at the moment. He’s a totally healthy weight. They said something about how he’s planning to cut a ton of weight for wrestling this season. I think that’s awful. I know he’s dedicated to the sport but I don’t think Candi and Ken should support him starving himself for it. Teens need their food. Especially when they’re still growing. Imagine if Karli was cutting weight for dance! Its concerning that he keeps making comments about his weight. They might be tongue in cheek but Candi and Ken seem to be doing nothing about it or assuring him that he’s fine and at a good weight. They’ve even poked a little fun at him about it. It just concerns me. More boys have eating disorders and body image issues than you would think. It can’t be good for his metabolism to be cutting weight either.

GGishi-liteofmyday
Gossiper
Gossiper

Gretchen Geraghty did a video about her experience lightweight rowing in high school and college. She talks about the unhealthy things they did to drop weight in high school. It’s long but something Candi or anyone whose child is having to drop weight for a sport should watch

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

Lol at the new video addressing rumors and assumptions. Candi clearly got stuff from here. Hi Candi!! You chose what the viewers see and if multiple people are saying it maybe there's some truth to it.

s0ftangelic
Lurker
Lurker

Post by s0ftangelic »

https://prnt.sc/pcljv0
took a pic a bit ago
a profile picture isnt even related.
:love2: An dramatic angel

thealiengirlkathryn
Learner
Learner

I actually kind of enjoyed Candi's video about us. At least she's able to react to "hate" rationally instead getting all bent out of shape like some other Youtubers do. I understand where she's coming from regarding Karli being a brat. I was a bratty teen too and my mom always defended me whenever people made comments even though I probably didn't deserve her defense. I turned out just fine so I think Karli will eventually grow out of it too.

missbelle
Informer
Informer

Post by missbelle »

Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:50 pm
I actually kind of enjoyed Candi's video about us. At least she's able to react to "hate" rationally instead getting all bent out of shape like some other Youtubers do. I understand where she's coming from regarding Karli being a brat. I was a bratty teen too and my mom always defended me whenever people made comments even though I probably didn't deserve her defense. I turned out just fine so I think Karli will eventually grow out of it too.
yep it was a stark difference from heather's videos where she yells at the camera that they dont know her life and everyones a big bad bully.

Return to “Our Family Nest”