SnoozeDeFarce 2016 - General thread part 15

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SnoozeDeFarce 2016 - General thread part 15

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

What are the life changing decisions that can happen in your life?
1. Marriage/divorce - not an option for Fleur and Mike
2. New House - doubt they are moving, could be buying another apartment perhaps in US
3. New Job - ?
4. Moving - i think this is a possibility -perhaps to LA (Mike has a job with his family so can take a year or 2 out to travel) and Fleur really loves the US and could be linked to a new job offer for Fleur?
5. Children - she has already said not for a few years so that would include adoption

As for that Hermes scarf wrapped around her handbag, it just looked awful and really something a much older woman would do. I reckon she saw someone with it in Paris on one of her trips and copied them. Lets be honest this is best left to the French women who can carry it off with a bit of style!

AnusPepper1
Learner
Learner

Post by AnusPepper1 »

ainthatabitch wrote:
Photography Lover wrote:Re Fleur and pregnancy. I personally think Fleur is too selfish to have a baby, at least at this point. It seems that Fleur makes her life all about her and the people around her enable her. It reminds me of that line from the movie Overboard. "Darling, if you have a baby, you won't be the baby anymore" (said in a baby voice.)
I love that movie and I tell my daughter that all the time which she responds I know. Fleur likes to be the center of attention but she married a real nice guy and he wants kids so she'd better pump out at least one for him, Mike loves him some kids. Honestly, I don't think Fleur is gonna do it, I no more think she wants kids than a man in the moon, no way.
I now it isn't Fleur's obligation to give him children, but I would feel so bad for Mike if he didn't get a single one. And I agree that she very well may decide she no longer wants kids. I could especially see her deciding she isn't ready to settle down until it's too late even though she really wouldn't have to settle down that much if she didn't want to (except for during the later parts of and right after her pregnancy of course) because Mike would happily do most of the raising.
I'm new here. I've never been a member of a forum before, and I'm still learning my manners. :D

TheChemist
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheChemist »

I thought it could be to do with their families' companies? Maybe Mike is taking over their business or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

I think it's going to be more of her makeup line.

lilmisscrazy322
Talker
Talker

Post by lilmisscrazy322 »

omg, fleur thinks so can be so fashionable. That scarf with that bag does not work at all. Also, I really hope that's not how she pronounced "Hermes" while in the shop.

esta4112
Talker
Talker

Post by esta4112 »

^^ Did she say, "big change for us" though? As in, emphasis on 'us'. Makeup line isn't a big change for both of them. I reckon moving to the States is the most probable? They're young and she's not ready for kids yet... Surely not buying another home when what they have is so perfect/they're still doing renos. Oh and as if they would adopt!!

esta4112
Talker
Talker

Post by esta4112 »

^^ Did she say, "big change for us" though? As in, emphasis on 'us'. Makeup line isn't a big change for both of them. I reckon moving to the States is the most probable? They're young and she's not ready for kids yet... Surely not buying another home when what they have is so perfect/they're still doing renos. Oh and as if they would adopt!!

Tink1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tink1987 »

I wonder if they are taking some time out (Mike from his job) and travelling?

LoulouVi
Learner
Learner

Post by LoulouVi »

Following, just my opinions.

Mike doesn't have a job, he has a front. He'd like to have a job, just as he was excited to make cooking videos and possibly have a name of his own, but then he realized he'd actually have to put work in, even when, say, he'd rather watch golf, play golf, watch football, or walk the dogs. So, he has a front, something he watches on the screen of his computer from time to time that allows him to present himself as doing something, which all their friends and acquaintaces will pretend to believe.

Fleur will have children, she's milking money now that she can, but she will have children in a not so far away future, so that the timing is right both for conceiving and raising. Because tradition is the one thing more important than handbags.

Mike is not upset that Fleur travels, or that she's taking time before starting a family: it's good money he wasn't forseeeing, and he's just as glad about it as she is.

Also, I have a feeling he is doing precisely what he wants, every day and every haour. I thinks he loves her family and spending time with them (more than he would like to spend time with his own), he likes to be on his own when she isn't home, he likes cooking, so on and so forth. He's not compromizing or sacrificing, that really wouldn't be his suit.

Fleur was as nice as you can be when you're rich and you mistake yourself for deserving. She wasn't expecting to make a real path of her own. She then got hit with the biggest unfair succcess and money in history: the youtube success and money. She can buy more purses than she was forseeing, and she is gifted much. She is starting to believe its an opportunity she created for herself. That's the only danger I can see in everyone's happyness.

LoulouVi
Learner
Learner

Post by LoulouVi »

Mike doesn't have a job, he has a front. He'd like to have a job, just as he was excited to make cooking videos and possibly have a name of his own, but then he realized he'd actually have to put work in, even when, say, he'd rather watch golf, play golf, watch football, or walk the dogs. So, he has a front, something he watches on the screen of his computer from time to time that allows him to present himself as doing something, which all their friends and acquaintaces will pretend to believe.

Fleur will have children, she's milking money now that she can, but she will have children in a not so far away future, so that the timing is right both for conceiving and raising. Because tradition is the one thing more important than handbags.

Mike is not upset that Fleur travels, or that she's taking time before starting a family: it's good money he wasn't forseeeing, and he's just as glad about it as she is.

Also, I have a feeling he is doing precisely what he wants, every day and every haour. I thinks he loves her family and spending time with them (more than he would like to spend time with his own), he likes to be on his own when she isn't home, he likes cooking, so on and so forth. He's not compromizing or sacrificing, that really wouldn't be his suit.

Fleur was as nice as you can be when you're rich and you mistake yourself for deserving. She wasn't expecting to make a real path of her own. She then got hit with the biggest unfair succcess and money in history: the youtube success and money. She can buy more purses than she was forseeing, and she is gifted much. She is starting to believe its an opportunity she created for herself. That's the only danger I can see in everyone's happyness.

LoulouVi
Learner
Learner

Post by LoulouVi »

Above are just my opinions, somehow the forum cut that my first line out.

lisi
Talker
Talker

Post by lisi »

Last edited by lisi on Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

lisi
Talker
Talker

Post by lisi »

LoulouVi wrote:Mike doesn't have a job, ......... be his suit.

I think your post was actually quite mean to be honest and I stronly disagree. Out of these two, Mike seems like the one who has a strong work ethic and by work I mean actuall work compared to what Fleur does. He seems like a very nice, mature, patient guy who goes to work most days, and even works on his laptop some nights from home. In addition to that he mends the gardens and does most of the housework. I don't think it's fair to assume he doesn't work at all.

The only part of your comment I strongly agree with is the last part. Fleur did not work hard to get where she is today. I think it's starting to show that Fleur, Lily and Anna don't have any talent regarding fashion and makeup at all... These three are just extremely lucky to have started their channels right at a time just before companies started to see the advertising potential of YT.

closethopster
Learner
Learner

Post by closethopster »

I have a suspicion that it's something to do with either one or both of the family businesses. If you look on the UK Company's House, Mike currently isn't listed as a director for that company. Could be that Mike's family business as bought Fleur's much smaller family business. But who knows!

Was surprised she left the clip in the vlog today with her full name on it. Not like her.

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah »

Well she has just done a Q/A video and from it you can pretty much see that she is NOT changing careers , they are not moving houses, and they are not adopting because she said that they are going to try for a baby in the next five years. That doesn't leave anything else on the list of life changing things.
I think it's gonna be something stupid and not that important at all, and she is again making a huge deal out of something insignificant.
And a click bait title Fleur? that's such a Gleam thing to do!
Oh and she said in the video that she has a new designer bag on her Christmas wish list (got it Mike?) AND the Givenchy boots. She just bought their replica from River Island but still wants the original ones. Is she for real?
:love2:

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

She disgusts me. Why do I even keep watching? I haven't watched for a while then got bored. Her perfect day is pretty much what she does everyday. Eat, shop, eat. How about "I helped with something in my community and made a difference and everyone gave me a hug." Her regret was her Chanel bag? Yeah, because Chanel upboxings were popular for a week and she HAD to have one so she bought some crap just to satisfy her impulse and help her "channel". How she has not ventured out into anything else but consuming is very telling. :FU:

bells77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bells77 »

I've lost sympathy for Fleur on the pregnancy questions front because she really doesn't help herself in a few different ways.

- She's inviting comments (not to mention being a crap fashion "expert") if she puts an outfit out there that genuinely makes her look 5-6 months pregnant. When that screenshot was posted a while back I thought it had been Photoshopped for a laugh. It's one thing to wear an unflattering outfit and acknowledge that. Some people might still like it. Over-sized coats are a thing, cropped trousers are a thing. It takes all sorts, but looking pregnant when you're not is not a style. Women don't dress with the aim of creating a baby bump. Just an outsider here, but my picture of a professional fashion blogger is someone who checks the outfit in the mirror from multiple angles and better yet, takes some quick photos before doing the filming. Then they see the film during editing.

- "I'm just having a virgin cocktail. Nooooo, I'm not pregnant!!!" "Felt a bit sickly this morning. Nooooo, I'm not pregnant!!!" She sometimes gets herself annoyed before the comments have even happened. If it's causing that much irritation (which is understandable, to be irritated by the topic being brought up again and again), then censoring yourself/editing out these comments would be best. Even when she says she's not pregnant in a vid, it brings out comments like, "I know you're not ready now, but I can't wait for when you and Mike have kids!" Which brings up replies going, "Can we not fixate on this, she's not a walking uterus."

- "In the next 5 years". This is worse than "not for a while" if you want to keep speculation down. Like above, it just keeps the topic in people's minds. Within 5 years could mean in 6 months, 1 year (which I don't believe was the intention). She should have fibbed and shut it down by saying "not as long as I'm on Youtube" or "not for at least 5 years".
Oh my glob! I always wanted to write trashy books for lay-dees!

Blair Gilbert
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Blair Gilbert »

I gotta congratulate her on this one. With her throwing a bone at us (with the we have some news crap) she even made us speculate like crazy. I bet it's nothing major...

Owli
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Owli »

bells77 wrote:I've lost sympathy for Fleur on the pregnancy questions front because she really doesn't help herself in a few different ways.

- She's inviting comments (not to mention being a crap fashion "expert") if she puts an outfit out there that genuinely makes her look 5-6 months pregnant. When that screenshot was posted a while back I thought it had been Photoshopped for a laugh. It's one thing to wear an unflattering outfit and acknowledge that. Some people might still like it. Over-sized coats are a thing, cropped trousers are a thing. It takes all sorts, but looking pregnant when you're not is not a style. Women don't dress with the aim of creating a baby bump. Just an outsider here, but my picture of a professional fashion blogger is someone who checks the outfit in the mirror from multiple angles and better yet, takes some quick photos before doing the filming. Then they see the film during editing.

- "I'm just having a virgin cocktail. Nooooo, I'm not pregnant!!!" "Felt a bit sickly this morning. Nooooo, I'm not pregnant!!!" She sometimes gets herself annoyed before the comments have even happened. If it's causing that much irritation (which is understandable, to be irritated by the topic being brought up again and again), then censoring yourself/editing out these comments would be best. Even when she says she's not pregnant in a vid, it brings out comments like, "I know you're not ready now, but I can't wait for when you and Mike have kids!" Which brings up replies going, "Can we not fixate on this, she's not a walking uterus."

- "In the next 5 years". This is worse than "not for a while" if you want to keep speculation down. Like above, it just keeps the topic in people's minds. Within 5 years could mean in 6 months, 1 year (which I don't believe was the intention). She should have fibbed and shut it down by saying "not as long as I'm on Youtube" or "not for at least 5 years".
I agree! but to be fair though, fleur has often said that she wants to do all the youtube + projects for as long as possible and only then having kids.
and saying "5years" is not a bad idea - that might give the presumably young audience an idea.

Tink1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tink1987 »

I'm wondering if something like her or Mike's parents are separating and they are moving money around or something. But then I don't see why she would talk about that or her or Mike parents companies, she doesn't normally.

Also, I hate the way she keeps saying about the old decor being grannyish and horrible. Just be grateful that you have been able to move into a nice house where you have had the money to do the main rooms up. If it bothered you that much and you knew you didn't have the money straight away, she should have saved for longer and bought a more modern place. Also in 3 years they have gotten married, bought the house, redone the kitchen, 2 bathrooms (3 if you count the little one off the kitchen, spare bedroom and her study and then bought a London studio flat and done that up. All whilst still travelling. And it's still not been done quick enough for her!

Count your blessings always comes to my mind when Fleur says things like that.

Return to “FleurDeForce”