pinksofoxy- Christine

anastesia
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: pinksofoxy- Christine

Post by anastesia »

I know I've written a post here before about me being upset with the whole makeout2013 and her not following it, however I am pretty excited about her new videos and I liked the one she posted about their new place. I am glad that she is still sticking to purging the unnecessary items and I hope it still goes somewhere.

concern
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by concern »

Those tiny digs are just temporary. Don't be fooled by her seemingly heroic efforts to downsize as she is just trying to save face from her make out debacle. In reality, what they are doing is simply this: C is selling a majority of her used makeup, used nail polish and used lipstick (gross) that has been sitting in a storage unit somewhere for 6 months or more and probably not a temperature/climate controlled unit. They are simply ramping up swap meet sales, blog sales and more YT video views of ridiculous "how to" according to Christine, non-sensical content. Basically, they are gearing up for another upcoming extended vacation courtesy of Youtube views and the proceeds from the minions for her used crap!
Don't underestimate Christine's "Foxiness". That sweet persona reflected in her latest video is such a farce. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

anastesia
Talker
Talker

Post by anastesia »

concern wrote:Those tiny digs are just temporary. Don't be fooled by her seemingly heroic efforts to downsize as she is just trying to save face from her make out debacle. In reality, what they are doing is simply this: C is selling a majority of her used makeup, used nail polish and used lipstick (gross) that has been sitting in a storage unit somewhere for 6 months or more and probably not a temperature/climate controlled unit. They are simply ramping up swap meet sales, blog sales and more YT video views of ridiculous "how to" according to Christine, non-sensical content. Basically, they are gearing up for another upcoming extended vacation courtesy of Youtube views and the proceeds from the minions for her used crap!
Don't underestimate Christine's "Foxiness". That sweet persona reflected in her latest video is such a farce. Nothing could be farther from the truth.
LOL
I love how people here make gurus seem like the most malicious people ever xD Definitely even more entertaining than just seeing gurus put up an act, the reaction of others to it is priceless as well.

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

concern wrote:Those tiny digs are just temporary. Don't be fooled by her seemingly heroic efforts to downsize as she is just trying to save face from her make out debacle. In reality, what they are doing is simply this: C is selling a majority of her used makeup, used nail polish and used lipstick (gross) that has been sitting in a storage unit somewhere for 6 months or more and probably not a temperature/climate controlled unit. They are simply ramping up swap meet sales, blog sales and more YT video views of ridiculous "how to" according to Christine, non-sensical content. Basically, they are gearing up for another upcoming extended vacation courtesy of Youtube views and the proceeds from the minions for her used crap!
Wow. I highly doubt that she is living in that tiny little house because she's embarrassed about buying a few make-up items whilst on holiday! :D I don't think anybody sees it as "heroic" either? Surely it's just about her trying to get her own personal priorities straight?
Also if she wants to sell her items (nobody is forcing anyone to buy them) and use the money from that and her youtube videos to travel the world, why on earth shouldn't she? Far better she do that than toiling away 24/7 for the rest of her life like so many people do and end up regretting it later on.

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupnewbie »

Nin wrote:
Wow. I highly doubt that she is living in that tiny little house because she's embarrassed about buying a few make-up items whilst on holiday! :D I don't think anybody sees it as "heroic" either? Surely it's just about her trying to get her own personal priorities straight?
Also if she wants to sell her items (nobody is forcing anyone to buy them) and use the money from that and her youtube videos to travel the world, why on earth shouldn't she? Far better she do that than toiling away 24/7 for the rest of her life like so many people do and end up regretting it later on.
I agree. Christine has annoyed me recently but I think it's really wrong that so many people judge Christine for her lifestyle choices. I think what happened is Christine came upon a realization last year that she didn't want to spend her money on so much material things and instead wanted to travel. I'm still struggling to understand why so many people have an issue with her and Michael having creative jobs that allow them flexiblity and the ability to travel when they can. What makes a house with a picket fence and an office job 'better' than what she is doing? It's not like she's stealing anyone's money. My chiropractor recently made a jab at my mom because she travels a lot for her job, and he was like, "how does she have money for that." And I replied (in a nice way), 'well, it's part of her job, and she doesn't own a second house like you do." We all have different priorities in our lives and we all spend our money differently.

bsteph
Talker
Talker

Post by bsteph »

Wow, they must really be strapped for cash if she is trying to sell a significant portion of her makeup in a blog sale/ swap meet. Aside from those big boxes full of samples, 2,3,4x of backups and PR things that she didn't like, she didn't actually purge a large percent of her personal collection in her declutter series, especially the second round, it still seemed like letting go of just a few things in each category. More than most gurus for sure, but she was still left with a whole lot. One of the things I really liked about the original decutter series though, is that she donated all of those items to women's shelters. I could see that after their long travels she was much more ready to let things go, but wouldn't she make the same donation with this round of purging unless she really needed money? I think they have completely depleted all of their savings and are living off what they made off YT during their travels and are trying to do anything to build back up a little safety net.

I'm curious too about what they are going to do with their jewelry. There is no workspace in that place and from the view out the door and windows, it looked like it was on the second floor; maybe a house converted into apartments? They won't even be able to do a lot of their work outside like they did at their old place which was more isolated. I think the reason they are trying to get money is not for traveling but for a nicer "cottage". They seemed bored in every place they traveled to except for Aus because it was pretty much like Hawaii to them. They'd have to save diligently for years to be able to afford to go back to Aus or travel Europe (I don't see them enjoying Africa or South America) and I don't know if they have the discipline for that.

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

I had not watched any of Christine's videos in quite awhile. I got disgusted when she failed on makeout 2013 while traveling. I did just watch their moving video though and I actually enjoyed it. I'm glad she is going to at least stick with her "less is more" attitude. Yes, the apt. is quite tiny but it is really all she and Michael need. The jewelry they make is very simple and they have been making it for so long. They could probably do it sitting on the couch. I do feel like their funds are very tight and that is why she is selling off more makeup. I can't for the life of me understand why she would buy so many of the same thing. Like 3 of the same EL lipstick. It just makes no sense. I'm glad she is realizing how stupid that was. Falling for every hyped product that comes out is a fast way to end up in the poor house.
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupnewbie »

mustardmoon1 wrote:I had not watched any of Christine's videos in quite awhile. I got disgusted when she failed on makeout 2013 while traveling. I did just watch their moving video though and I actually enjoyed it. I'm glad she is going to at least stick with her "less is more" attitude. Yes, the apt. is quite tiny but it is really all she and Michael need. The jewelry they make is very simple and they have been making it for so long. They could probably do it sitting on the couch. I do feel like their funds are very tight and that is why she is selling off more makeup. I can't for the life of me understand why she would buy so many of the same thing. Like 3 of the same EL lipstick. It just makes no sense. I'm glad she is realizing how stupid that was. Falling for every hyped product that comes out is a fast way to end up in the poor house.
I agree-i really liked her last video. And her getting rid of a few things for every thing she bought made me forgive her breaking makeput 2013 a bit. I love the white and minimalist style of their cottage, and wow, her makeup collection is sooo streamlined compared to what it was before her first declutter. I really like the drastic change in lifestyle she's undergone in the last year.

hay guise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hay guise »

I'm not too impressed with her decluttering, I just started watching her a bit before they started traveling. Reading this thread for some insight, page 1 she did the same thing last Nov. and then in March, then May...
Lol, so seems to be a cycle with her.

I'm still reading but there's no fn way they can make enough for both to live off of, esp. In Hawaii and to travel for so long off of selling some swarkie jewelry. I've been at that biz my whole life, I know some verry successful artists that would love to have the money they seem to have from selling on the weekends at a swap meet.
...anyways I'm sure that's been beaten to death.

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

DustyCrow wrote:I'm not too impressed with her decluttering, I just started watching her a bit before they started traveling. Reading this thread for some insight, page 1 she did the same thing last Nov. and then in March, then May...
Lol, so seems to be a cycle with her.

I'm still reading but there's no fn way they can make enough for both to live off of, esp. In Hawaii and to travel for so long off of selling some swarkie jewelry. I've been at that biz my whole life, I know some verry successful artists that would love to have the money they seem to have from selling on the weekends at a swap meet.
...anyways I'm sure that's been beaten to death.
Yeah, I have long refused to believe that they could survive in Hawaii on that cheap jewelry they make. I have said it before, but I will say it again- Michael comes from money. I think he received some sort of inheritance right before they took off traveling. She started decluttering and selling off makeup late last year saying that they would like to travel and that all her makeup indulging had kept them from doing it. Well, a few months later they are taking off on 6 months of non-stop travel. I just don't buy that selling off some makeup and saving for a couple of months financed all that. For that matter, I can't believe they can save AT ALL. A thousand bucks a month for a 300-400 square foot apt.? Can you imagine what they were paying for that little house they were living in before? There are just too many unanswered questions with those two.
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

PAGirl
Learner
Learner

Post by PAGirl »

http://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=kobzeff

Most of the Kobzeffs (Michael's family name) live in California. If you Google the name, the majority are in construction of some sort. Christine has mentioned she 'saved' Michael from a life of construction by setting up the jewelry business in Hawaii in her videos. Hence, you have to deduce that Michael comes from a family with money. That said, since he has divorced himself from participating in the family business, can you deduce that he is privy to family money?...I'd have to say, 'No". We're never going to know the details of Christine and Michael's life, so we will never know their financial state/background. Life goes on, folks. They live theirs and we live ours.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kobzeff- ... 3090082854

http://www.ehardhat.com/directory/swimm ... on/1269141

http://www.yellowpages.com/laguna-hills ... re-2116487

http://directory.wfaa.com/biz/kobzeff-c ... 41/5354501

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catcherintherye »

The fact that Christine has a make up ROOM in that tiny house, goes to show that make is all her life is about. I laughed out loud when she said, she went beyond her make out 2013 limit just for make up that she could only find overseas.... And that she was going to get rid of twice as much make up because of that! Does anyone else realized how counter productive this is?? People will do just about anything to fuel their habit and justify hoarding shit.

Faye
Learner
Learner

Post by Faye »

catcherintherye wrote:The fact that Christine has a make up ROOM in that tiny house, goes to show that make is all her life is about. I laughed out loud when she said, she went beyond her make out 2013 limit just for make up that she could only find overseas.... And that she was going to get rid of twice as much make up because of that! Does anyone else realized how counter productive this is?? People will do just about anything to fuel their habit and justify hoarding shit.
Well I do get her, I am on a no-buy too, because I really want to move to a bigger room (I am a student), buy a laptop and do motorcycle classes. But put me in a different country and I will dismiss my no-buy in seconds. There are so many great products out there that I would love to give a try, but aren't available or very expensive where I live. I think it's great of her to get rid of twice as much, because I know that can be hard, to let go of 'things'.

But I do agree with you on the 'makeup room' thing, why can't she have just a vanity? they could use space for work or storage for jewelry supllies. Their house is tiiiny, so it's really a waste of space to keep a room just for displaying your makeup. And if her goal is to reduce her makeup collection to the must-have holy grail essentials, she shouldn't have bought so much makeup on her trip. Finishing just one average sized blush usually takes a year with everyday use, so she has a long way to go.

in a nutshell, I respect her for continuing her decluttering, but feel that it is a wasted effort on her. Didn't she want to go all white and simple for her tiny house? I see vases with feathers popping up and she's displaying every single ugly plastic piece of packaging because it's shiny.

Instead of lying to herself about wanting to live a simple 'minimalistic' life, maybe she should accept that she just really likes stuff, and decor and filling her house with nick-nacks. Because now she's being very wastefull by trowing out stuff, and then repurchasing a similar items from a different brand. Or like getting rid of pink items...only to fill the void with white items. She should just accept the way she is.

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

I know this sounds absurd but I have started to feel that she keeps buying stuff so she has something to declutter a few months down the line. She knows those videos helped her gain a lot of subscribers. Christine knew about the India trip way in advance. She did not decide to take a 6 month break on a whim. So her excuse for not sticking to make out 2013 because she had not considered travelling when she embarked upon make out is not true. They make jewelry for a living. Shouldnt they have a work room to keep supplies and for a workstation? This whole jewelry business seems to be really casual. They took such a long break and now they are in hurry to start it again... I think Christine has merely gone from hoarding one thing to another. Now she is hoarding essential oils. Some of the jewelry she showed in the declutter video is so beautiful.. she never wears it! She only wears the same two beat up bronze necklaces all the time! I watched Essie button's Morocco vlogs yesterday. THAT is how you are supposed to vlog... Show something interesting! Tell us something about the locals.... Christines vlogs were a snooze fest. At this point, I am very close to unsubscribing.

Isis
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Isis »

I've been watching Christine for a long time. I don't think she's lying or covering anything up! She puts a lot out there for viewers. I know a lot of couples who downsize, take a few months off to travel, move into smaller homes, apts etc...nothing unusual. To me, Christine and her husband work hard. They've built a business together. They don't have kids. It's absolutely possible to travel on a budget. I've been travelling since high school and am proof it's possible to travel for extended periods and not be a millionaire. There isn't one way "to do life".

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupnewbie »

Isis wrote:I've been watching Christine for a long time. I don't think she's lying or covering anything up! She puts a lot out there for viewers. I know a lot of couples who downsize, take a few months off to travel, move into smaller homes, apts etc...nothing unusual. To me, Christine and her husband work hard. They've built a business together. They don't have kids. It's absolutely possible to travel on a budget. I've been travelling since high school and am proof it's possible to travel for extended periods and not be a millionaire. There isn't one way "to do life".
This.

I also have to say that I am really enjoying Christine's latest vids. She's getting rid of a lot of stuff. I think she's fairly evaluated how much she has used in the past year and what she needs to let go of. And I also love how she's downsized and how she's gotten rid of the pink/leopard and is doing a white minamalist look with her cottage. And she clarified that several of the items she bought over the summer were for friends. It will be interesting to see her final makeup collection and whether she was able to reach all of her decluttering goals. The only thing I wish she hadn't done was freak out every time someone asked her about Makeout 2013. She could have honestly responded at the time what she was planning to do, but my guess is that when she was traveling she hadn't figured out how she was going to include her foreign purchases and what she was going to give to friends, etc. I just hope when she does a Makeout 2013 video she is honest about everything. But otherwise I'm really looking forward to her future videos, keep it up Christine.

Monthlyfavourites
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Monthlyfavourites »

I though it was hilarious how she kept saying that she's craving "a simpler style" while she was getting rid of that horrendous gaudy phone case and all of her leopard boxes and jewelry ... Duhhhhhh Christine girls over the age of 16 can tell you that shit is tacky. ... Thank god she's finally decided to grow up, I've hated her style of dressing and decorating because she's seemed like a teenage jersey shore girl...
On another note, I do enjoy her purging videos. It's entertaining and makes me think twice about buying crap :)

foreverkaikhaod
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by foreverkaikhaod »

i was watching her old videos right before her purge started and oh my god the amount of makeup she had was truly ridiculous; just thousands of dollars worth of it. i'm glad she decided to downsize but it's crazy to me that she spent that much on stuff in the first place.

usernamexhere
Informer
Informer

Post by usernamexhere »

I really do like Christine, and in all honestly, her declutter videos have motivated me to get rid of items I haven't been using. However, I do feel a lot of you are right on point about some things. I think she probably is hiding a current money situation by the HUGE purge she's doing this month, and this time by selling, not donating. There's nothing wrong with selling your products (the ones are are able to be sanitized, of course), but she's putting up a facade with her purging this time around. I'm pretty sure she got rid of quite a few items she wanted to keep, especially some of those nail polishes, which is probably why she didn't show the first video in full detail. I do hope she at least gifted the Zoya's that were sent to her rather than sold them. I didn't catch the video showing what she put on her blogsale, but if those were on it then that's really shady.
"It's a human need to be told stories. The more we're governed by idiots and have no control over our destinies, the more we need to tell stories to each other about who we are, why we are, where we come from, and what might be possible."

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

usernamexhere wrote:I really do like Christine, and in all honestly, her declutter videos have motivated me to get rid of items I haven't been using. However, I do feel a lot of you are right on point about some things. I think she probably is hiding a current money situation by the HUGE purge she's doing this month, and this time by selling, not donating. There's nothing wrong with selling your products (the ones are are able to be sanitized, of course), but she's putting up a facade with her purging this time around. I'm pretty sure she got rid of quite a few items she wanted to keep, especially some of those nail polishes, which is probably why she didn't show the first video in full detail. I do hope she at least gifted the Zoya's that were sent to her rather than sold them. I didn't catch the video showing what she put on her blogsale, but if those were on it then that's really shady.
A lot of YouTubers sell the stuff they get sentt for free. I think its ok for them to do that... But you're right about the money situation. They must be pretty broke....not having had any income and travelling around the world. I think its awesome that she was able to do that. Put her things in storage and travel... But from her vlogs... It seemed like they were bored in their travels across Asia and were so disappointed that they had to go to Australia and new Zealand to make up.... There is something contradictory about a person who says she likes a minimalist lifestyle but has hoards and hoards of make up. If I were her, I would go on a make up no buy for the rest of my life... Or at least until all ky make up is used up or expired. There are other hoarders on YouTube... But they never claim to be 'disgusted' by their hoarding like Christine does and continues to hoard.

Return to “Christine Kobzeff”