Estee Lalonde part 16

perennialamateur

Re: Estee Lalonde part 16

Post by perennialamateur »

@BlueGiraffe That's interesting, thank you for sharing your opinion. I really appreciate it. Since you don't like Aslan's professional filming style, what's your opinion of Fran's?

With technology becoming cheaper and more accessible in other ways, I just don't put up with crappy video quality anymore, esp from a pro YTer like Estee. For me, TV content is more general, and YT more niche. That's how I differentiate the two.

Lastly, especially with Estee I don't want a personal connection. I want to be entertained, informed or both. My one-sided personal connection with Estee has been beset with suspicion, disappointment and frustration, so professional is good for me. I don't expect to ever be friends IRL with someone on YT, although that obviously does happen, but that's not what I'm personally looking for. Just my $0.02.

I think just because something is professional it doesn't mean that it's devoid of personality. What YTers do you follow? I want to take a look. :)

------------------------
The culottes outfit looked better with the jacket on:
[instagram][/instagram]
I hope this one shows up. More shapely right? Or maybe it's just that the angle is more flattering.

--------------------------
@TTGirl Actually looking back, Joan's lashes don't compare to Estee's at all, but I was comparing the whole look until I was surprised at how normal looking Joan Rivers' entire face looked. And she admitted to having so much plastic surgery and she was at least 65+ y.o. in that picture, yet Estee's face is more... what's the word? Dramatic?

freja
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by freja »

BlueGiraffe wrote:
perennialamateur wrote:Her latest video on YT is an interior design one. It's actually just an weekend market guide so it's not very useful for most people, but I appreciate her awareness of that when at the end of the video she acknowledged it then encouraged people to visit their local weekend markets. Smart move.

It was a very professional video, she said actually useful things without sounding stilted. For me, it was the ideal balance of a polished product and personality. She even wore a mic!

The As really is good with the camera. His style is better suited than Fran's summer horror movie style. (Not quite sure of the right way to describe Fran's style, but it's so ominous.)
Have been lurking for a while...

Actually, I'm not a big fan of Aslan's filming style. Then again, I'm just not a huge fan of someone else filming for YouTubers. It's something that's been bugging me a lot about "big" Youtubers. If I wanted to see some presenter followed around by a camera man, I'd turn on the friggin TV. This whole "professional video production" vibe just feels wrong on Youtube, all the personal connection is lost.
She was professional and actually did a good job presenting. She delivered her lines well. The video was well done overall. Not my preference in terms of YT content, but I admit it was well constructed.

My complaint is that she mentioned somewhere (Snapchat I think) that she was appreciative of the positive feedback because those kinds of videos are what she really loves to do, and take a lot of work to make. But it's clear that Aslan did the filming and editing. She also credits him in the description.

Maybe it was implied that it was hard work for Aslan, but she didn't say so in the Snapchat video. I get a little frustrated with Estee when she spends time (in interviews, her Snapchats/videos) acting as though hard work is beneath her. Stressing that things in her life are very difficult, like her job which comes with a PA, creating content which Aslan helps her with, working on her book which Aslan took the photos for, eating healthy because Aslan's making her ... I get bogged down and stressed with life too, but it's become redundant and boring and frankly a little childish that she thinks this is relatable. Or that her viewers are meant to be there for her every time she wants to vent, or avoid feeling lonely. I would love to see her work hard (I'm sure she does) and express the satisfaction that effort has taken. She has been acting like a spoiled child for many months now (some will say even longer, I'm sure!) and it's wearing thin. Speaking personally, it takes away from her content when I know she is rolling her eyes and resentful of the work that went into creating it. Why should I support and view something you made if you had to be dragged kicking and screaming just to get it online? Sorry for the rant guys :love2:

Louis Friend
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Louis Friend »

tadahhhhh wrote:Why does she continually wear this kinda crap?! And for date night? Holy shit. No way is Aslan gonna hit that surely?!
I would! I'd be up to me nuts in guts, probably vlog it too

perennialamateur

Post by perennialamateur »

a little childish that she thinks this is relatable. Or that her viewers are meant to be there for her every time she wants to vent, or avoid feeling lonely.
Good point

SaveLeyla
Debater
Debater

Post by SaveLeyla »

I was hoping the lemon video would be them announcing their split and I felt disappointed when it wasn't. I imagined Estee getting her life back and thinking I may able to watch regularly again. Sad. I'm sure now that there's no going back. She'll never be 2013 Estee ever again.
I'm also disappointed the vlog channel is turning into an Estee AND Asslan channel and not just an Estee with Asslan channel. At least we can look forward to her miserable travel vlogs with him and compare them to her happier travels with Amelia.

humdrume
Informer
Informer

Post by humdrume »

I just watch the lemon video.
I guess we have the first video of the sacconejolys era I mean, she looks like Anna, they are talking about their dog as a baby and she has announced that this kind of family update videos are gonna be regular in the future cos Alsan and her have many plans for "their content" in the channel. So well I guess this is not Estee's channel anymore as I was expecting cos as I have said before I always believed even the yt money is an Aslan business and she is not a #girlboss. But anyway maybe some ppl can enjoy it more than before, we will see. I agree Aslan's video skills are way better than Estee's ones. Me, personally I do not like when the bf or husband become the other coprotagonist like Samantha Maria etc especially when by theyself are not a carismatic yt personality but the other owner of the business.

Under my point of view today is the real rebranding cos she has no choice as she cannot continue doing hauls in both chanels almost at the same time and more hauls in her social media.

About the video I do not believe her so I am not going to comment as they are talking about sad things. I just spend the time looking at her lashes tbh and why she tunning herself more than ever when it is supposed she is sadder than ever =_=.

humdrume
Informer
Informer

Post by humdrume »

I just watch the lemon video.
I guess we have the first video of the sacconejolys era I mean, she looks like Anna, they are talking about their dog as a baby and she has announced that this kind of family update videos are gonna be regular in the future cos Alsan and her have many plans for "their content" in the channel. So well I guess this is not Estee's channel anymore as I was expecting cos as I have said before I always believed even the yt money is an Aslan business and she is not a #girlboss. But anyway maybe some ppl can enjoy it more than before, we will see. I agree Aslan's video skills are way better than Estee's ones. Me, personally I do not like when the bf or husband become the other coprotagonist like Samantha Maria etc especially when by theyself are not a carismatic yt personality but the other owner of the business.

Under my point of view today is the real rebranding cos she has no choice as she cannot continue doing hauls in both chanels almost at the same time and more hauls in her social media.

About the video I do not believe her so I am not going to comment as they are talking about sad things. I just spend the time looking at her lashes tbh and why she tunning herself more than ever when it is supposed she is sadder than ever =_=.

bits
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bits »

i'm curious about what the bad news was that she can't talk about
@zoella shove ya gingerbread cutter up ya arse xoxo

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dollhouse »

New thread name time!!!!

Lossan92
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Lossan92 »

bits wrote:i'm curious about what the bad news was that she can't talk about
Me too! I honestly have no clue of what it'd be.

littleraskle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by littleraskle »

humdrume wrote:I just watch the lemon video.

Oh god please dont compare Aslan to beautycrushs boyfriend. At least Aslan seems sweet and personable. BC boyfriend jumped on her youtube bangwagon SO FAST, Aslan took awhile to get into it.

littleraskle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by littleraskle »

Really felt bad for Estee here, as shallow as well all know she is dealing with the death of your grandparent and a very sick dog is not easy :( I'm sure shes gonna shop up a storm to make her feel better tho! God knows I did;.

Nagini903
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Nagini903 »

SuggthePug wrote:So Estée and Amelia (and Fleur and Lilly Pebbles etc) are at the same event, but I haven't seen any pictures of them together yet. Guess that frienship is over.
Longtime lurker here! I noticed this as well, kinda weird. Thought their 'friend'ship was pure business, but if so I guess we would have seen them together on snapchat.

Clearly Estee can't maintain any friendship (Sanne, Gemma, Fran obviously, now Amelia). A while ago I also noticed she hasn't mentioned Heyclaire for some time, wouldn't be surprised if their friendship is over as well.

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 »

Did she ever have Amelia's channel on the sidebar? I don't remember. But yeah, it's pretty clear that that's over (or, in my opinion, it never began. I think their friendship was for show. Their backgrounds are just too different).

empress of
Learner
Learner

Post by empress of »

dollhouse wrote:New thread name time!!!!
pls excuse my bad pun in advance
estee flaw-londe?
same here, she looked extremely serious when she said that another bad thing had happened.
would it be cheap to speculate about what happened?

i really do send her condolences for her loss -- losing a grandparent is awful. and she seemed really close to hers.

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 »

empress of wrote:
dollhouse wrote:New thread name time!!!!
pls excuse my bad pun in advance
estee flaw-londe?
same here, she looked extremely serious when she said that another bad thing had happened.
would it be cheap to speculate about what happened?

i really do send her condolences for her loss -- losing a grandparent is awful. and she seemed really close to hers.
My first thought was an early-stage miscarriage or something like that... It did seem really serious.

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by peanutella »

I was thinking it was more something along the lines of "bad news" as in someone close to her (maybe one of her parents) being diagnosed with something. Obviously I hope not. But it did seem very serious, because her face suddenly got really "dark."

I think this video was the first time in a very, very long time that we've seen her being genuine. Unfortunately it took a family tragedy to get to that point.
Non.

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dollhouse »

qwerty888 wrote:Did she ever have Amelia's channel on the sidebar? I don't remember. But yeah, it's pretty clear that that's over (or, in my opinion, it never began. I think their friendship was for show. Their backgrounds are just too different).
For a long time her side bar only linked to her blog channel .. which was strange.

fancyvagabond
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by fancyvagabond »

Another bad thing happened but she can't talk about it. It's not a privacy issue since she has no problem sharing about her grandfather dying, so my impression is she "can't share" because it will make her look bad to talk about it. :roll:

Maybe because it involves another youtuber? Like she's pissed about Fran and Ed writing a book about friendship because they might shade her and Aslan in it (The dig she made at Fran was right after Fran announced the book, hardly a coincidence)?

or maybe her shallow friendship with Amelia hit the skids, or she had a nasty blow out with her editor?

Anyways I'm sorry to hear about her grandfather and Reggi. None of that changes my opinion of her, she's still a worthless, back stabbing gold digger, but losing a grandparent and worrying about an aging pet are things we can all relate to.

Also, Ew. That's what she wore to the Glamour Awards... She looks about 4 ft tall.
People still do Vlogs? Vlogs are what you shouldn't do when you've got nothing to do. They're terrible. It's like, why don't you make an idea?

- Willam Belli

fancyvagabond
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by fancyvagabond »

fancyvagabond wrote:Another bad thing happened but she can't talk about it. It's not a privacy issue since she has no problem sharing about her grandfather dying, so my impression is she "can't share" because it will make her look bad to talk about it. :roll:

Maybe because it involves another youtuber? Like she's pissed about Fran and Ed writing a book about friendship because they might shade her and Aslan in it (The dig she made at Fran was right after Fran announced the book, hardly a coincidence)?

or maybe her shallow friendship with Amelia hit the skids, or she had a nasty blow out with her editor?

Anyways I'm sorry to hear about her grandfather and Reggi. None of that changes my opinion of her, she's still a worthless, back stabbing gold digger, but losing a grandparent and worrying about an aging pet are things we can all relate to.

Also, Ew. That's what she wore to the Glamour Awards... She looks about 4 ft tall, and 40.
People still do Vlogs? Vlogs are what you shouldn't do when you've got nothing to do. They're terrible. It's like, why don't you make an idea?

- Willam Belli

Return to “Estee Lalonde”