Dan & Phil Part 56: Philzilla and Danthulu

spaceguitarr
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 56: Philzilla and Danthulu

Post by spaceguitarr »

annetamiau wrote:I admit I watch Dan and Phil solely because of their relationship.

I don't particularly care about their content (I find it more boring than most gleamers, tbh), opinions, music taste, etc. This doesn't mean I hate them or anything, I just feel their are completely average youtubers, and the only unique thing they have is their relationship. Once - if ever - we find out if they are together or not, I guess I'll watch a video every now and then.

I don't write here much because I feel most of you genuinely like Dan and Phil. It's like watching Big Brother for me (the contestants entertain me but I never feel 'proud' of them or anything). I sometimes feel a bit souless bc I'm not able to empathise with you guys.
How interesting. I think that they are so much funnier than a lot of you tubers. I find them just naturally funny when they are around each other. That was why I got into them.

oqua

Post by oqua »

Haha, I'm delighted to know there are so many other nose fetishists around here! :D Should I actually make a separate thread for the pictures, or just post them in this thread? Or both?

annetamiau
Talker
Talker

Post by annetamiau »

spaceguitarr wrote:
annetamiau wrote:I admit I watch Dan and Phil solely because of their relationship.

I don't particularly care about their content (I find it more boring than most gleamers, tbh), opinions, music taste, etc. This doesn't mean I hate them or anything, I just feel their are completely average youtubers, and the only unique thing they have is their relationship. Once - if ever - we find out if they are together or not, I guess I'll watch a video every now and then.

I don't write here much because I feel most of you genuinely like Dan and Phil. It's like watching Big Brother for me (the contestants entertain me but I never feel 'proud' of them or anything). I sometimes feel a bit souless bc I'm not able to empathise with you guys.
How interesting. I think that they are so much funnier than a lot of you tubers. I find them just naturally funny when they are around each other. That was why I got into them.
Okay, I might have sounded a bit harsh. I don't dislike them, and I kinda like their content pre 2015 (last year was pretty plain, except for the DITL and baking videos). They are great together, but lately it's been less interesting and more predictable, I guess it's the never ending 'persona' vs 'personality' discussion. I find Phil quite funny (even though neither his videos nor Dan's ever made me laugh, just smile from time to time) but still I think they are pretty average, except for their relationship. This is the only thing that keeps me hooked.
Tant de bo dos i dos sumin quatre

majitzu
Informer
Informer

Post by majitzu »

oqua wrote:Haha, I'm delighted to know there are so many other nose fetishists around here! :D Should I actually make a separate thread for the pictures, or just post them in this thread? Or both?
If you are gonna post some pictures, do it here under a spoiler. No need to make a new thread only for that.

spider
Learner
Learner

Post by spider »

Sorry to steal sweetmm's job but this thread is getting close to 1000 posts.

Please vote at

akui
Informer
Informer

Post by akui »

Fetishsize? Yes.

But I don't think anyone is entitled to judge it's right or wrong, after all I think the shipping culture it's a complex of celebritism, premature female sexuality awakening and unconscious imitation of androcentric culture/behavior.

It's no on us, not on anyone, it's the society.

seriouslywrong
Learner
Learner

Post by seriouslywrong »

I'm sorry but the only reason why they dont come out as straight its because they would lost half or more of their fan base. If they do come out at certain point, then i was wrong. But it just seem they know they would loss money if they are not together
I love both of them, i dont ship them, or want them in a relationship (i dont know why, i just dont care at all and its not the reason why i subscribe.) i'd still be here, but as many people had said, "im only here for their relantionship"

daphenaxa
Informer
Informer

Post by daphenaxa »

one person said that though

pearshaped34
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pearshaped34 »

seriouslywrong wrote:I'm sorry but the only reason why they dont come out as straight its because they would lost half or more of their fan base. If they do come out at certain point, then i was wrong. But it just seem they know they would loss money if they are not together
I love both of them, i dont ship them, or want them in a relationship (i dont know why, i just dont care at all and its not the reason why i subscribe.) i'd still be here, but as many people had said, "im only here for their relantionship"
I am not at all convinced they're a couple. I think a good argument can be made for both sides so personally I don't know how anyone can be completely convinced one way or the other.

That being said I don't buy that they are not saying coming "out" as straight as they think they would lose subscribers and money.
Have you seen half the stuff Dan has already said? If Mr "FYI I like vagina" could say all the stuff he said in 2012 and continue to grow in popularity I'm fairly certain he could say he is straight without his audience taking any major dips.
If they stopped interacting with one another then maybe all the shippers would go away but if they remained as they are but bother said yeah we're straight I think fanbase wise everything would remain the same.
(And the hardcore shippers wouldn't believe them anyway).
Last edited by pearshaped34 on Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SquishPhan
Learner
Learner

Post by SquishPhan »

seriouslywrong wrote:I'm sorry but the only reason why they dont come out as straight its because they would lost half or more of their fan base. If they do come out at certain point, then i was wrong. But it just seem they know they would loss money if they are not together
All I have to say about this, is great job at the bi erasure (or really on anything that is in between straight and gay).

oqua

Post by oqua »

All right everyone, feast your eyes on 69 pictures (that number was a coincidence I swear) featuring Daniel Howell’s greek statue nose. :D

Warning: At first glance it may sort of just look like a Heart Eyes Howell picspam…this cannot be helped, as most of the time when we see Dan’s nose, it’s because he’s staring at Phil. But look closely, and you will note the centrality of Dan Howell’s glorious nose in every single picture!

Enjoy, my fellow delusional middle-aged nose pervert phan shippers. :tu:
(I’m actually only 21, but middle-aged in spirit right?)

bedhead91
Learner
Learner

Post by bedhead91 »

SquishPhan wrote:
Pistachiyo wrote: Also, just out of curiosity, how many of you are solely watching them because you're intrigued by the idea of not knowing if they're together or not. If in a few years you come to the conclusion that they aren't together will you stop watching them completely? is that the only thing that keeps you invested?
Honestly I will watch them as long as they (and their videos) entertain me. I am not watching solely on the basis of Phan. If they turn out not to be together, but just really good friends, then I would still enjoy watching that. I am a sucker for a good bromance after all, and they certainly qualify in that department. Their chemistry would still be there, and I enjoy that.
However, would they break up or stop being friends or whatever than I would still watch their individual videos (again as long as they entertain me), but I would lose a bit of interest. I think I would be a more casual fan of them were that to ever happen.
I'm with SquishPhan on this one, the ambiguity of their relationship is not the only reason I watch. I do find them genuinely entertaining. Another perverse reason I want to continue watching is because no matter what their relationship status turns out to be, drama will follow, and I want to watch it unfold because I'm a terrible person like that.

The way I see it, the options are:
a. They have actually been together this entire time and will have to come out together, resulting in a shitstorm.
b. They're not together but one or both of them will come out, resulting in a more minor shitshorm.
c. They are both straight and not together and will have to explain all the queerbaiting to a lot of annoyed fans.
d. One of the above options will happen, combined with one of them moving out to live with a boyfriend or girlfriend.

Either way I'll be hanging around for a while with a bowl of popcorn.
"I'm not kinkshaming the fish." -Phil Lester 2016

spider
Learner
Learner

Post by spider »

Who cares about their relationship or their sexualities or whatever else. People are here for the noses. This is the middle aged woman nose fetish pervert thread and mainstream phans should leave.

See Dan and Phil agree.
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]

Delta503
Debater
Debater

Post by Delta503 »

To weigh in a bit on the boundaries of shipping and fanfiction discussion:

I agree with a lot of what's already been said. As alittledizzy said, fanfiction is kind of an extension of a timeless obsession with famous people, except now the average joe can write and find an audience. Also, some of the unsettling tropes often found in fanfiction stem from pre-existing problems reflected in wider society, as jhamba said.

I suppose my question is, why is fanfiction the target of a lot of criticism, while speculation about their real lives is often swept under the rug. The self-consciously /fictional/ (lol) nature of fanfiction I think protects it from moral dubiety more so than even this forum. Here we comment without the veil of fiction to protect us, and instead it acts a running commentary on two people’s public and, occasionally, private lives. Now, I’m not trying to spark any sort of crisis in anyone about the morality of posting here; I’ve come to an uneasy truce with my conscience since I feel there is no other space for reasonable criticism of youtube content, plus I have a personal preference for the forum format. However, personally, I find the attempt to ‘prove’ or even ‘deny’ their relationship status based on actual information more troubling and worthy of critical discussion than obviously self-generated imaginative works, like fanfiction and fanart. And that’s backed up by what Dan’s said in the past; even at the height of his 2012 rages, it was not fanfiction that peed him off, but the attempt to dredge up bits of his past. Likewise, Phil hasn’t tried to take down any fanfiction, but he has tried to copyright the timeline. Obviously this isn’t a gg-specific issue, but I think the illusion that this space is separate and underground does make it a good example as a place where this kind of discussion frequently happens.

I don’t know, just food for thought.
akui wrote:Fetishsize? Yes.

But I don't think anyone is entitled to judge it's right or wrong, after all I think the shipping culture it's a complex of celebritism, premature female sexuality awakening and unconscious imitation of androcentric culture/behavior.

It's no on us, not on anyone, it's the society.
Not to sound too much like a ‘not all men’ fool, but not all shippers. With a healthy amount of self awareness and reflection, I don't believe that shipping two men is necessarily fetishicing, and in fact, it's almost demeaning to suggest that their narratives and stories are purely compelling in that sense. I think there definitely is an issue with the hypersexualisation of some gay ships, and the idea that just because you ship two men you are the greatest lgbt+ ally of all time is just bull. However, I do feel as though shipping gay couples can be a real step towards representation and normalising lgbt+ people. Also, gay love stories have been suppressed for hundreds of years... it’s nice to have a while in the sun.

(I press preview... and there's a full blown discussion of coming out and their sexualities. Oh the irony.)
Last edited by Delta503 on Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Howell wrote:Remember kids, this is just me talking shit.

achika
Learner
Learner

Post by achika »

SquishPhan wrote:
Pistachiyo wrote: Also, just out of curiosity, how many of you are solely watching them because you're intrigued by the idea of not knowing if they're together or not. If in a few years you come to the conclusion that they aren't together will you stop watching them completely? is that the only thing that keeps you invested?
Honestly I will watch them as long as they (and their videos) entertain me. I am not watching solely on the basis of Phan. If they turn out not to be together, but just really good friends, then I would still enjoy watching that. I am a sucker for a good bromance after all, and they certainly qualify in that department. Their chemistry would still be there, and I enjoy that.
However, would they break up or stop being friends or whatever than I would still watch their individual videos (again as long as they entertain me), but I would lose a bit of interest. I think I would be a more casual fan of them were that to ever happen.
I agree. Before they used to have defined differences in their content, and now it's all blended together. Look how much we all laughed about "collab with Dan," when Phil announced it, why even say you're collabing. I do like their individual content most of the time, but it was their dynamic together that made me a fan in the first place and that's what I like more. Phan or not isn't important in terms of entertainment value, I like their content better together.

That does make me wonder about the future, though. The longer they're branded as a duo, the more fans they'll have that only know them as that. At what point do DINOF and AP become less valuable/marketable than the "D&P" brand? feels like it's already happening tbh

Ending this rambly post now to go creep on 69 photos of Howell Nose thank you oqua you saint

missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by missemma »

oqua haha I might be a teeny tiny a lot drunk right now but I am loving the nose photos. If anyone wants to post some Dan neck or hand photos then please, feel free, go ahead. That guy has the nicest hands ever.
jhamba wrote:So, I just found this antiphan (or just an anti rpf, which is focusing on phan rn) website, and an anon on it had something to say about us. :rofl: I feel so attacked :rofl:
Lolz! This post is totally about me, however I'm middle aged and proud, no shame here.. It's funny when people talk about us in here, they're clearly lurking so technically are no better than us anyways. HIIIII lurkers ;)

The only other thing I have to contribute tonight is: where the fudge is the DINOF video or Undertale. Jeez guys you're leaving us hanging here.
Last edited by missemma on Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"you don't need to say pow every time I apply some wood" - Dan Howell 2015.

ImageImageImage

daphenaxa
Informer
Informer

Post by daphenaxa »

oqua wrote:All right everyone, feast your eyes on 69 pictures (that number was a coincidence I swear) featuring Daniel Howell’s greek statue nose. :D

Warning: At first glance it may sort of just look like a Heart Eyes Howell picspam…this cannot be helped, as most of the time when we see Dan’s nose, it’s because he’s staring at Phil. But look closely, and you will note the centrality of Dan Howell’s glorious nose in every single picture!

Enjoy, my fellow delusional middle-aged nose pervert phan shippers. :tu:
(I’m actually only 21, but middle-aged in spirit right?)

thank you for that absolute artwork masterpiece disguised as a post <3
Dan is so beautiful. I love him :') :fit2:
I think I maintain dan's nose should get its own thread so we can add to the collection all the time... and all the pictures are stored at the same place. for reasons :oops:

Jeweul
Informer
Informer

Post by Jeweul »

Dan & Phil Part 57: Delusional Middle Aged Nose Perverts

:)
Stakhanov wrote:A stork keeping his eyes on the prize. Interesting. A theatrically placed purple monkey. Very good. A big daddy bear to lean on. Bonus points!

oqua

Post by oqua »

Jeweul wrote:Dan & Phil Part 57: Delusional Middle Aged Nose Perverts

Applies to Dan and Phil themselves as well as it applies to us, tbh. ;)

Edit: I just noticed a duplicate photo in my post, noooo! Well, here's an extra nose pic to make up for it.

Last edited by oqua on Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

spider
Learner
Learner

Post by spider »

Jeweul wrote:Dan & Phil Part 57: Delusional Middle Aged Nose Perverts

Too late unless everyone wants to vote again with a new poll. Keep up the nose bants so it can be used for Part 58. ;)

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”