YES! I love HER! Smart, funny and doesn't BS when it comes to product. :tu:

Magnolia
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kimberly Clark

Post by Magnolia »

Found her videos thru r/makeuprehab (boy do I need that sub!), I love the idea of them. She totally gets the consumerism mindset of the beauty/makeup community and I think her anti-haul videos are really innovative.

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Post by Tsubaki »

Love her. She's calming to watch and a breath of fresh air. I'm tired of hauls and hearing about new product releases to buy. Tell me what not to buy!

PearlyPearl
Talker
Talker

Post by PearlyPearl »

Anti-Haul #4 is out :HK: "Get over yourself, Charlotte" :D I didn't get the reference to Mac's "Oh, Darling!", what's the story there? (I checked Temptalia and she scored it an A.)

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

Lol I just came on here to make a rave thread about her, and surprise it was already at the top of the list. I just started watching her not too long ago and I love her. Especially the anti-haul videos, a lot of the critiques she has for a product are the same ones I have and it's nice to see someone saying "okay this is not worth it, you don't need it" instead of the constant hyped-up shit most youtubers spew about the new products that come out. I also love that she uses a lot of affordable stuff like e.l.f. because I feel like a lot of the lower-cost ones are pushed to the side a lot in favor of something much more expensive (the expensive one might be better but yo I'm on a budget here).

consumerismkills

Post by consumerismkills »

^ Same here. She's so wonderful to watch. I love her critiques of the beauty community and consumerism in general. The way she manages to get all of that across without sounding annoyingly preachy is just a bonus. :D

mookieloo
Informer
Informer

Post by mookieloo »

I just found her, and I'm definitely loving her.

Fredegund01
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Fredegund01 »

just found her, on the second anti haul video and I think i'm going to marathon her.

I wish she was my aunty - she's soooo cool

PearlyPearl
Talker
Talker

Post by PearlyPearl »

^You're in for a treat :HK:

Aquashakencola
Learner
Learner

Post by Aquashakencola »

shes really refreshing to watch and i love that
ImageImage

venushalley
Lurker
Lurker

Post by venushalley »

Discovered her not so long ago and right now binge watching anti-haul videos... she is amazing.

I am myself make up lover who does not spend lots of money on brand products (well, I don't have the money in first place. Plus I hate those fancy stores with the fancy clerks who make me feel very unfancy and push things on me I don't want and try to tell me what to do with my life and face). SO it's nice to see somebody who sees through the gimmick and who talks you out of buying shit that you can't really afford. Soooo refreshing in world of gurus and their IKEA cabinets full of barely touched products (but they love them SOOOO MUCH AND USE THEM ALL THE TIME).

NotWithoutMyTRex
Informer
Informer

Post by NotWithoutMyTRex »

Kimberly is great. I really love the anti-haul videos and some of her references are really clever and funny. But the Patreon thing and pushing her PO Box is a bit much, IMO. Like, I know she only has a small channel and so isn't likely earning a lot, but I'm not going to pay to watch something other people will get for free a few short days later. I don't see the value in it and whilst I do want to support Kimberly, I'll do that by watching her videos the same way I support other YouTubers I like.

Patreon stuff aside, I think she's amazing and if you're not already subscribed, I encourage you to check her out.

RestingBitch
Informer
Informer

Post by RestingBitch »

Love her, I really enjoy watching her videos just before bed very relaxing.

Acetyl
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Acetyl »

What does everyone think of her comments on the popularity of anti-hauls in her latest video? [youtube][/youtube]
I have to agree with her, I like this trend, but I feel like a lot of gurus are missing the point. They're making a video which is essentially anti-consumerist, but they don't really think about it too much and treat it as just another popular tag. Then they'll just make another 5000 product haul with HOLY GRAIL sponsored products. I think that consumerism should be criticized way more in the beauty community. It's insane how many products are considered 'essential' now. A lot of gurus are becoming useless when it comes to product reviews, they don't want to offend sponsors so they won't say their actual opinion on the product. Also they almost never comment on the price because a lot of them are filthy rich and paying $70 on something you can essentially get for $10 is not a big deal. I hope smaller and more critical YouTubers such as Kimberly get more support.

Persephone7
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Persephone7 »

I love Kimberly Clark! She’s smart, entertaining, helpful, and so much fun to watch. I’ve only discovered her recently, so there are tons of her videos that I haven’t seen yet, and I’m having a great time catching up. Her anti-consumerist videos are the best. She has kept me from spending money on things I thought I needed.

anelej
Stalker
Stalker

Post by anelej »

She's such an amazing person, and I love her Listen up series, so smart and articulated. Good to see a beauty guru using the platform for something more.

twistedangel
Learner
Learner

Post by twistedangel »

I miss Kimberly Clark so much!

I’m happy for Chris and the opportunity he has, but I miss Kimberly. I’ve been rewatching her vidoes recently because while there are many people trying to copy her, they can’t be her because they don’t have the personality, critical thinking skills, and eloquence.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

I've been sat wondering about Kimberly/Chris and found this snippet of his awesome choreography on Youtube with the David Byrne tour. Chris is also recording an album...... I hope 'Kimberly' comes back to YT one day to give us an update :
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

thirteenthirteen
Learner
Learner

Post by thirteenthirteen »

Kimberly Clark is back and I'm thrilled...!! I'm so happy that Chris seems to be doing so well and living his Broadway fantasy ♥️🦄
#teamNoOne
#CancelJaclyn

Return to “Gurus With Less Than 10,000 Subs”