Charlotte Tilbury Makeup

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Charlotte Tilbury Makeup

Post by onigiri815 »

There is a Charlotte Tilbury thread but I want to get a discussion going about her actual makeup line.
She really is a fantastic sales person - I want everything she sells because of how she talks about them. Only problem is, her products look SO rich and I am combination to oily depending on the season.

I'd love to get this topic going because I really feel at the moment Tilbury is charging head first into her business. The last couple of fashion mags (Glamour, Vogue, Marie Claire, Rebel) have included her products and or interviews/ snippets from her.
88431d815baea71d2a3388d447558b09.jpg
charlotte-tilbury-signature-makeup-looks.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bobloblaw
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re: Charlotte Tilbury Makeup

Post by bobloblaw »

I love her Magic foundation. It does cling to dry patches and can get a bit flaky on them so I avoid it when I have a dry patch but I find it lasts for hours and gives nice even coverage.

annapolly
Debater
Debater

Post by annapolly »

I really want to love Charlotte's make up line because they look beautiful and have rave reviews but, I really don't. For the price you are paying you can get cheaper alternatives that are practically the same or work much better. Her lipglosses are quite small, was a bit surprised by that.
judging u

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I don't think I could touch her cream products. They seem way too rich but I'm so keen on the air brush powder, blush and the lip liner in pillow talk as well as her lipstick.
Problem is based in Australia,
I'm a bit nervous to buy it online and be disappointed

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Post by Tsubaki »

I'm also very curious about Charlotte Tilbury's makeup. I don't think it's something I would buy for myself but I've been eyeing one of her Matte Revolution lipsticks to give to a girl friend... but I know there's a NARS Audacious lipstick that she's got her eye on. I just feel like Charlotte's lipstick looks more luxurious and is gift-worthy.

YouTubeAddict79
Informer
Informer

Post by YouTubeAddict79 »

I splurged on her makeup line a couple of weeks ago for my birthday. I think the lipsticks are definitely worth it. Color payoff is excellent and the matte ones are really not drying (and I have super sensitive lips).

The Magic Foundation is a perfect match for me. I'd say it's medium coverage though. Not full coverage. I don't think I'd repurchase it. I prefer Face Atelier.

I have one of the eyeshadows quad. Beautiful colours, blend well. The colours go perfectly together so easy if you travel for example.
The cream eyeshadows are lovely too.

The bronzer/highlight duo would make a really nice gift, again good for traveling as the packaging is sleek but easily dupable.

The only thing I was really unimpressed with is Wonder Glow. I tried it as a base, mixed with my foundation and on top of it but couldn't really see much of a difference.

monkeythedog
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by monkeythedog »

I've tried a lot of her products, some of her stuff is very good, some of it is bad. Her packaging is very very beautiful and luxurious. The marketing really bothers me to be honest though. I'll go over what I have tried though! :)

Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder : GORGEOUS powder, its really beautiful, I used it up pretty fast. Its a bit pricey ($45 I think) and not as much product as a normal set powder but it is heavenly. Makes my skin look perfect, really recommend this one.

Charlotte's Magic Cream: Good for dry and dehydrated skin. I have combination skin. While I loved how this looked on my skin, it did make me a bit oily. Its nice though, but again expensive for what it is.

Wonderglow: This only looks good if you pair it with her Light Wonder Foundation. Then it looks awesome. Otherwise its undetectable. Odd.

Light Wonder Foundation: Also really great, this is a gorgeous summer foundation. It makes my skin look really healthy and glowy without looking oily. One of my favorite foundations ever. Its a light coverage.

The Retoucher: Love this concealer! It lasted a really long time, and it covered my dark circles well and also some redness on my skin. Recommend this one!

Mini Miracle Eye Wand: Not as good as the Retoucher and at $45, its kind of a rip off. You get like half the product as the Retoucher and it doesnt conceal as well. The eye cream part doesnt seem to do anything to my skin, apart from prime it for the concealer. I would skip this one.

Filmstar Bronze and Glow: AWESOME. Get this. I bought it right when her makeup line came out and I use it almost everyday. I've only hit pan on the highlighter. Lasts forever and both the bronzer and highlighter are stunning. One of her best products I think!

Cheek to Chic Blusher in Love Glow: Her blushes are very nice and glowy, they make you look healthy and fresh. Again one of her good products. Only complaint is that after a year or so, the blush starts to crack and fall out of the pan. I've had 2 of them do this.

Powder and Sculpt Brush: Another rip off. Its expensive but not good quality. Its a bit scratchy on my sensitive skin, and I can get a much better Chikuhodo/Hakuhodo brush for the same price. Avoid this one unless you don't mind rough bristles. Also the shape completely was lost once I washed it, which apparently happens to everyone who buys this brush. Ugh.

Full Fat Lashes Mascara: I loved this mascara when I tried it but I haven't repurchased it. It gave me really long lashes, very full and beautiful. I had eye irritation at the time though, and I think something in this mascara made my eyes water constantly so I haven't retried it. But it was very nice apart from that.

Rock N Kohl (Barbarella Brown) Eyeliner: I don't use it much but its a bulletproof liner when it sets. Good for waterline. A little goes a long way if you want to smudge it.

The Classic Eyeliner (Audrey): I prefer this liner to the Rock N Kohl because its more natural and easier to smudge (I just prefer a smudgy look). Its ok, nothing special. MAC liners are better. The pencil is hard so it kinda hurts when you drag it across the lid.

Nocturnal Eyes to Hypnotize (Silver Leopard): The eyeshadow is creamy and extremely pigmented. You are supposed to apply it with your fingers, which I did, but I needed to use a brush to perfect it. You need to wet the brush though, which for me is just too much work. lol. The matching Rock N Kohl is very beautiful though.

Eye Blender Brush & Eye Smudger Brush: These are GREAT brushes, I absolutely love them and I'm really a picky brush person. I use them almost everyday. The smudger is great for smoky eyes and the blender does exactly what it says, blends out beautifully. And they are very soft! Excellent brushes!

Matte Revolution Lipstick in Glastonberry: I like her matte formulation, and the dark berry color of this lipstick is really beautiful. These are good and comfortable to wear.

KISSING Lipstick (Bitch Perfect, Coachella Coral & Velvet Underground): Again, good lipsticks, nice formulations, packaging is heavy and luxurious. I use Bitch Perfect a lot!

Colour Chameleon (Bronzed Garnet, Amethyst Aphrodisiac, Champagne Diamonds): I didn't really like these, the Champagne Diamonds shade had tons of fall out and really chunky glitter particles. Bronzed Garnet was my favorite of the 3, but I think these are a skip, they aren't really special, I would go for the Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks hands down over these.

Eyes to Mesmorize Cream Shadow (Norma Jean, Marie Antoinette & Mona Lisa): I absolutely LOVED Norma Jean and Marie Antoinette in particular during the summer months. They were so beautiful on the lids, really really gorgeous. I loved Marie Antoinette better than Tom Ford Platinum! So I ordered Mona Lisa and was really disappointed, it literally creased on me in 30 minutes, even with a primer.

Luxury Eye Palette (Uptown Girl, Dolce Vita, Vintage Vamp & Glamour Muse): These are pretty nice, they blend well and its easy to transition from day to night. They are also portable so you can put them in your purse.

God thats a lot of products...lol. To recap:

The Great:
Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder
Light Wonder Foundation
The Retoucher
Filmstar Bronze and Glow
Eye Blender Brush
Eye Smudger Brush
Eyes to Mesmerize (Marie Antoinette & Norma Jean)

The Good:
Magic Cream
Cheek to Chic Blush
Full Fat Lashes Mascara
Matte Revolution Lipstick
KISSING Lipstick
Luxury Eye Palettes

The Meh (not horrible products but you can get something better):
Wonderglow
Rock N Kohl Eyeliner
Classic Eyeliner
Nocturnal Eyes to Hypnotise
Colour Chameleon

The bad (too expensive and not good quality):
Powder and Sculpt Brush
Mini Miracle Eye Wand
Eyes to Mesmorize (Mona Lisa)

Hope this helps!!!

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

WOW monkeythedog thank you so much!

So the Light Wonder Foundation is actually good for oily/combo skin? I have heard amazing things about her powder, even her trainer (Mary Greenwell) loves it which I think is a pretty exceptional stamp of approval.
I am looking at her palettes but I have to decide which will be best. I am trying to put together the perfect, portable makeup for when I am going away from home.

monkeythedog
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by monkeythedog »

No problem :)

Well I'm not sure about oily skin, I am combination and I still really like it. It gives your skin a really nice healthy glow. Maybe you can get a sample. I'm also curious about her Magic Foundation but the reviews aren't as good.

Yes her powder is amazing!! Its beautiful and the packaging is luxurious. I love Mary Greenwell :)

_lipstickalot
Learner
Learner

Post by _lipstickalot »

I love all of the CT products I have! The liquid eyeliner pen was a little disappointing. The tip is very fine and I have very large eyes so it's not suitable for doing a thick wing which is the eye makeup I tend to wear most often, but it's very good for thinner wings (which admittedly I find difficult to do with gel liner or liquid liner that come with a larger applicator). I get a lot of money in January and I'm looking to go on a massive splurge. The only things I have in mind to definitely get is the magic foundation and the Dolce Vita eyeshadow palette. Anybody else have any recommendations for must-haves? Also, can anybody suggest a foundation match for NC15 skin? <3

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I just had a good look at her prices and about died of a heart attack. I don't think I'll be taking the plunge soon.

I'd recommend though (from research and reviews) her K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Bitch Perfect! or Penelope Pink, one of her blushes and the filmstar palette.

Return to “Charlotte Tilbury”