Dan & Phil Part 50: A story of Dil-do(ll)s

peeeepins
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 50: A story of Dil-do(ll)s

Post by peeeepins »

itsamy wrote: (re: chels/jimmy liveshow)
- they were quite hesistant when it came to answering questions about dan & phil
- jimmy said they invited him to tatinof and the afterparty because he's known them for quite some time (particularly phil, anyone else noticed he doesn't speak that much of dan? i feel like he always stresses the fact that he knows phil better)
- jimmy did not let chels read out the "i feel like chels doesn't like phil" (or sth like that) tho man, she did want to
- after a 20th mention of phimmy, chels blurted out with a "have you actually seen phil" and then it lagged for me so i didn't get the rest of it, anyone caught this?
- jimmy concluded with saying that he likes them, that they're now very popular, rich, happy with their lives, doing stuff like playing video games and he wishes them the best
- (basically chels was bitter af as always when it comes to questions about other youtubers)
what what what I need more dirt. Did anybody else watch this? I saw the mention of a ls on twitter, but it was already over when i clicked the link. RE: the bolded part in quote, that sounds shady af, did he say it in any kind of rude way?
"doing stuff like playing video games"? yikes.
itsamy wrote:- jimmy did not let chels read out the "i feel like chels doesn't like phil" (or sth like that) tho man, she did want to
Can you explain that one a bit more?
my watermelon ball brings all the :purr: to the yard and they're like meow meow meow meow

gasp
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gasp »

Trishas-slut wrote:so im guessing the picture of Dan & Em Ford (mypaleskin on youtube) thats been floating around tumblr hasn't made it here yet!

daichii
Informer
Informer

Post by daichii »

[tweet][/tweet]
Such an angel :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I haven't watched the ls it kept lagging so much and I won't be able to watch it until tomorrow T-T

I know it is old news but those pics Phil faved on twitter are so cute :love2: :love2:
:love2: Image :love2:

daphenaxa
Informer
Informer

Post by daphenaxa »

I really liked Phil's liveshow. He was in a really good mood and he made me feel festive and excited for christmas a bit!!
I don't watch Phil's younow most of the time bc I find them kinda boring but here not at all. He was easily entertaining and very cute.

For Jimmy and Chels show, yeah that bolded part is mega shady esp compared to him being complimentary and lovey dovey for them on twitter. I kinda like Jimmy but I don't think he has any right to shade them with what he does on cereal time. Tasting cereals, making smoothies or playdo sculptures is hardly groundbreaking content on yt man. Also is Chelsea saying Phil is ugly?

majitzu
Informer
Informer

Post by majitzu »

I love Phil liveshow, it was very adorable :3 He show the x-mas decorations, that living room is so domestic and too Dan and Phil. He show us the presents he bought to his brother and father. He talked about his next week plans. Also tomorrow is the radio show. He said he like Rose and Rosie and the & ...

tumblr:

D-A-V-I-D
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by D-A-V-I-D »

The decorative ampersand gift was a thoughtful gesture from the publisher, but part of me is disappointed they didn't give them an "interrobang".

Sent from my Z665C using Tapatalk

lionheart
Learner
Learner

Post by lionheart »

itsamy wrote: lurking me saw some of you talking about chimmy ls on twitter (i'm not creepy i swear). didn't think they would make it private that fast, I made timestamps for nothing :| it was super laggy for me, but from what i remember:
- they were quite hesistant when it came to answering questions about dan & phil
- jimmy said they invited him to tatinof and the afterparty because he's known them for quite some time (particularly phil, anyone else noticed he doesn't speak that much of dan? i feel like he always stresses the fact that he knows phil better)
- jimmy did not let chels read out the "i feel like chels doesn't like phil" (or sth like that) tho man, she did want to
- after a 20th mention of phimmy, chels blurted out with a "have you actually seen phil" and then it lagged for me so i didn't get the rest of it, anyone caught this?
- jimmy concluded with saying that he likes them, that they're now very popular, rich, happy with their lives, doing stuff like playing video games and he wishes them the best
- (basically chels was bitter af as always when it comes to questions about other youtubers)
Yeah Chels was throwing mega shade as per - I normally like her honesty but she was brutal in this and I think she got a bit personal regarding Phil. Delurking without much to add (and the stream was mega laggy for me too) but the bit where she said something like 'have you actually seen Phil' was just after her complimenting Jimmy again on how she sees him as intelligent/funny/attractive/too good for youtube and Phil as none of those things - she was basically implying that Phil's vacuous and/or unattractive and personally I thought it was too personal and uncalled for. Another brief comment I found interesting was when Chels was saying Brad (woto Brad? idek) was invited to some party or event or other and he joked that he wasn't sure if he wanted to go knowing that Sophie and PJ and Dan and Phil would be there... Slightly odd.

I feel like Chels definitely needs to chill out being so bitter about everyone's success on youtube. I get where she's coming from (I mean I question every day how Zoella and Alfie have so many subscribers and are allowed to 'write' 'books') but my god she doesn't half like to go on about it all the time, and how she considers herself and Jimmy to be above everyone else. I don't exactly see them making intellectual content?

lionheart
Learner
Learner

Post by lionheart »

peeeepins wrote:
itsamy wrote: (re: chels/jimmy liveshow)
what what what I need more dirt. Did anybody else watch this? I saw the mention of a ls on twitter, but it was already over when i clicked the link. RE: the bolded part in quote, that sounds shady af, did he say it in any kind of rude way?
"doing stuff like playing video games"? yikes.
Basically (just what I gathered from it) a few people kept mentioning Dan and Phil in the comments (asking things like 'what do you think of Dan?' hoping for gossip) and Chels kept throwing bits of shade which led to more people asking about their thoughts on Dan and Phil. Eventually Jimmy addressed it and said something like 'right guys we've got a few people who keep asking about Dan and Phil so I'll just clear it up now' and then said that he thought they were nice guys but he doesn't really know them, they're rich now etc. etc. I actually missed him mentioning video games when I was watching (maybe it was the lag) but he didn't really say any of it in a shady way, he was just clarifying the fact that he doesn't really know them well (especially Dan) but that he's happy for them anyway. I think he only really said it to shut discussion on them down and Chels was the one who came across as super bitter. Jimmy seemed generally uncomfortable with a lot of the shade she was throwing to youtubers I guess because of Cereal Time and the guests they've had/will have on there. She was even critical of him/making fun of him for the collab he recently did with Niki and Sammy and just generally the stuff he does on Cereal Time

yennika
Learner
Learner

Post by yennika »

I used to like Chels, but I agree, the personal attacks (passive aggressive as they might be) are a bit much for now. As far as I know, there's no reason for any bad blood between her and Phil.

Comment about "Brad" seemed strange. Was she saying that he wouldn't want to go because there's animosity with PJ&Sophie (lol how) and D&P, or that it'd be weird because they're all couples?

Probably just drama for the sake of drama.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

peeeepins
Informer
Informer

Post by peeeepins »

lionheart wrote: ..[Jimmy] said that he thought they were nice guys but he doesn't really know them, they're rich now etc. etc. I actually missed him mentioning video games when I was watching (maybe it was the lag) but he didn't really say any of it in a shady way, he was just clarifying the fact that he doesn't really know them well (especially Dan) but that he's happy for them anyway. I think he only really said it to shut discussion on them down and Chels was the one who came across as super bitter. Jimmy seemed generally uncomfortable with a lot of the shade she was throwing to youtubers [etc]
Awesome, thank you! I don't know anything about Chelsea (and have less than 0 desire to know more now), but I quite like Jimmy (found him through crabstickz and have even been watching cereal time here and there ever since they co-hosted that one week) so at least he wasn't being a douche. Chelsea sounds bitter, Jimmy should find nicer people to spend his time with.
lionheart wrote: Yeah Chels was throwing mega shade as per - I normally like her honesty but she was brutal in this and I think she got a bit personal regarding Phil. Delurking without much to add (and the stream was mega laggy for me too) but the bit where she said something like 'have you actually seen Phil' was just after her complimenting Jimmy again on how she sees him as intelligent/funny/attractive/too good for youtube and Phil as none of those things - she was basically implying that Phil's vacuous and/or unattractive and personally I thought it was too personal and uncalled for. Another brief comment I found interesting was when Chels was saying Brad (woto Brad? idek) was invited to some party or event or other and he joked that he wasn't sure if he wanted to go knowing that Sophie and PJ and Dan and Phil would be there... Slightly odd.
I mean what even the hell would call for these kinds of comments? I kind of hate that the first response to 'haters' is always 'you're just jealous', but... sometimes it's true? Phil just seems like the most random person to shit on considering his reputation as one of the nicest youtube people, and has she ever actually seen him? Ugh I'm so annoyed at something I didn't even watch. And that Brad thing, yeah I don't even know how to begin to interpret that.

General advice to society: if you're going to talk shit about people, or make insinuations, JUST COME OUT AND SAY IT. Every little detail, every snide thought, just spell it all out please. Otherwise you accomplish nothing aside from looking jealous and bitter in addition to having no balls.
Details, or shut the hell up.
And now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
my watermelon ball brings all the :purr: to the yard and they're like meow meow meow meow

felucca
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by felucca »

No one recorded the Chels and Jim liveshow, then? Dude better get right on that record button next time if they're gonna start deleting shows as soon as they're over.
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

felucca
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by felucca »

And yeah, Chels is definitely the shady one - I said over in Jimmy's thread but she's always the one pushing it and Jimmy always the one trying to rein her in. Seems stressful.

Following them makes me so thankful for Dan and Phil and their understanding of fan culture. I take it for granted most of the time, the way they "get" us and know when we're just taking the piss, but those other two are a great reminder that it doesn't have to be that way. According to someone else who watched the ls Chels got all up in arms about Phimmy so people asked her what other youtuber she'd ship Jimmy with instead and she took it soo seriously, like "Jimmy's a loving boyfriend and I don't see him with anyone else". Talk about not taking a joke. Meanwhile we've got Deppy lol'ing about how people photoshop Dan onto Nick Jonas' back, #Dick, ha-ha, and leaving their liveshows up after doing them so people can actually watch them and talk about them without spreading rumours.

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

The reaction Chels had toward Jimmy made me think of an angry bff for her gay friend; hmmmm did Jimmy & Phil had a history, is Jimmy's bf jealous of Phil, did Phil rejected Jimmy when he used to be "not a looker" jeng jeng jeng............. ;)

By the way since Doug is single again, there is still hope for Phoug (sounds like a dog breed) :roll:
Credit:amazingfiru

lionheart
Learner
Learner

Post by lionheart »

yennika wrote:I used to like Chels, but I agree, the personal attacks (passive aggressive as they might be) are a bit much for now. As far as I know, there's no reason for any bad blood between her and Phil.

Comment about "Brad" seemed strange. Was she saying that he wouldn't want to go because there's animosity with PJ&Sophie (lol how) and D&P, or that it'd be weird because they're all couples?

Probably just drama for the sake of drama.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Yeah I don't really know what was meant by it. I was surprised because obviously both Sophie/Pj and Dan/Phil are notoriously nice people but I think that's the issue Chels has with them in a way. I've seen her mention how dull she finds Pj in a live show before (possibly was talking about his content rather than him as a person but I'm not sure) so I feel like they (Brad and Chels) were lumping the four of them together as vacuous, uninteresting people if that makes any sense? Just my interpretation though

I really wish someone recorded this live show haha

Spicyhottea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Spicyhottea »

blueapple_x wrote:
Trishas-slut wrote:
Jeweul wrote:
Well don't leave us hanging...
Just go on tumblr in the danisnotonfire tag, youll more than likley see it, if i could upload pictures on here through my phone i would but this is her youtube if thats any help;
You can copy paste the blog's link instead of uploading the picture
Why can't you just post the pic? Nobody is going to care about your point if we have to do all the work to see it for ourselves.

Loved the liveshow which surprisd me because I almost fell asleep during last weeks. He was so happy. Clearly Santa is inside Phil quite deeply lol.

pomelo

Post by pomelo »

humanholiday wrote:Why can't you just post the pic? Nobody is going to care about your point if we have to do all the work to see it for ourselves.
Because they're obviously making it up to try and start drama :roll: I checked for the 0.00001% chance that it's real and there's no such picture.

kathrynxjane
Debater
Debater

Post by kathrynxjane »

pomelo wrote:
humanholiday wrote:Why can't you just post the pic? Nobody is going to care about your point if we have to do all the work to see it for ourselves.
Because they're obviously making it up to try and start drama :roll: I checked for the 0.00001% chance that it's real and there's no such picture.
I was scrolling through the "danisnotonfire" tag on my tea break this morning and I saw no picture. Probably just trying to start some drama again...
“I wish humans were less socially awkward and we could pokemon battle without it being weird” :tu:

daphenaxa
Informer
Informer

Post by daphenaxa »

that & lamp is obviously a really nice thought from their publisher but man is it ugly. It doesn't go well with their other stuffs either. (in my opinion)

felucca
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by felucca »

Evan Edinger talks a good bit about Tatinof in his recent vid.

[youtube][/youtube]
1:28

(Summary: He was impressed and inspired.)

bluealien09
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bluealien09 »

^ Hmm listening to his opinion on tatinof makes me re-evaluate my own opinion of it. It's true they could've just did a really simple half-assed show and the phandom would still buy tickets and be all praise and whatnot, but it does seem they put in a lot of thought and creative effort into it, way more than the other you tubers in their tours at least. Like how dan once compared himself to non-youtubers, I sometimes want to compare them with better?more prof?more legit? people in the entertainment industry. But while Dan & Phil are no professional theatrical entertainers, comparing them on the youtuber level, they're pretty much at the top, they deserve to be proud of their work :love2: .

Also I just realised no one else in the social media sphere has brought this up but holy cow they must be rolling in cash rn from tabinof and tatinof, with the sheer number of books and tickets they sold, not even counting youtube, bbc and merch. Being a peasant, I'd normally be jealous but i'm sooo happy for them. i hope dan buys some new ridiculously expensive designer clothes that may or may not be stylish (or an art form as he likes to call everything now lol jk) and phil more black/maroon shirts, maybe a new bed frame (isn't the current one old af?) or save up for a posh house with a koi pond, 2 dogs and their future children's tuition fees. out of the ytbers i think they do the best jobs at not flaunting their wealth too much, need to keep it #relatable ya know

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”