Jon "Just another part of the furniture" Hill--Part 1

ColdHeartedBitch
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by ColdHeartedBitch »

He may not have 2 million followers, but now he has his very own thread here on GG, maybe he can get a tattoo to commemorate his victory :rofl:
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.

Alicat1988
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Re: Jon "Just another part of the furniture" Hill--Part 1

Post by Alicat1988 »

Well thank you HIHH. I actually lol'd when I saw this topic. I guess he wouldn't be on this site if it wasn't for his wife but I feel I've seen enough to have my own opinions on him. When I first saw him on IG I wasn't sure about him because he seemed to lack an identity. Ok he plays drums but wasn't in a successful band or seemed to band hop a lot. His wife is a beauty guru but he dresses like a slob. His image that he's putting off is like a rough around the edges rocker with edge lol but his social media is flooded with young teens who worship his wife for makeup.ImageImageWtf?? I don't get it he looks twice as old as he is because of how he takes care of himself. They have money, why doesn't he take more pride in his appearance. If you're going to have long hair it needs to be cut or styled and maybe put in some conditioner once a year or something it looks so dirty and unhealthy. There was a video a user posted in the jaclyn hill trash thread and it's shows Jon giving his first interview with his band. Watch that and tell me that's a guy who cares I don't see it. He doesn't even care enough to put his phone, drink and smoke down for 10 minutes to give potential fans a chance to know the real him. Psssh. Selfish child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alicat1988
Debater
Debater

Post by Alicat1988 »

Image^Sums up what I was saying about him during the interview in one photo

pinkchampagne_
Talker
Talker

Post by pinkchampagne_ »

maybe Jaclyn doesn't let Jon use the money she makes lol that's the only reason I can think of that would be keeping him so unkempt

edit: or maybe she spends it all on expensive things that there isn't any money left for Jon to buy shampoo

Maggslo
Learner
Learner

Post by Maggslo »

I feel like he doesn't want the limelight and she clearly does. When they married young they were "poor" and scene and different. But now she wants the fame and I'm not sure he does.

I do apologize for any typos. Autocorrect is a bitch.

Alicat1988
Debater
Debater

Post by Alicat1988 »

Lol that's a funny thought but idk I wouldn't put it past him that his clothes probably came with a price. It's talked about a lot on jaclyns thread how she has no style yet her clothes are worth a fortune. Those might be some $100 jeans and shoes maybe more. He spends on all those drums too I think. He just tries too hard and looks forced to pull off this grunge hipster rocker vibe so he over does it with his wardrobe and looks dirty and unkept. Similar to Jaclyn how she goes way over the top with designer items and the end result looks tacky.

teabow
Informer
Informer

Post by teabow »

It's no wonder he looks how he does when he drinks so much red bull and eats pizza at 11:30 at night. All that sugar and carbs has to go somewhere!

gurusalwayslyin
Lurker
Lurker

Post by gurusalwayslyin »

I know a few drummers that play frequently and I'm starting to think his band doesn't play that often? I feel like if he was really playing he would be slimmer?

truebooty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by truebooty »

HungoverinHighHeels wrote:He may not have 2 million followers, but now he has his very own thread here on GG, maybe he can get a tattoo to commemorate his victory :rofl:
This title Image
I can't with you, HIHH Image

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

truebooty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Basic Hill #smoke&mirrorsonfleek Part 20

Post by truebooty »

NOMOREGURUS wrote:"Body shaming" refers to much more than "things you don't have control over," and to be honest, trying to attach that is a little too convenient. There are national organizations working hard to address body shaming, especially in relation to crippling social issues experienced as a consequence. Making comments about someone's body, whether you think they have control over it or not IS body shaming. How on earth would anyone be able to determine what can and can not be controlled?! There are medical conditions and medications that affect weight, for one example. Also, someone can appear to be a greasy, hot mess but who is anyone to police someone else's body? The way they look, dress, their weight, or even decide what is healthy for them? You don't have any idea what's going on with someone's health based on appearance. This is a little much. Comments about her thighs, her feet, her eyes, her hair, her "wrinkled" skin, the way she chooses to dress. Maybe her style is awful, but no one really has any right to any of it. It's very disappointing to see pages devoted to public discussions to her body. Why no stick to the issues? Yea, she may be a real bitch bragging about her fantastic makeup and style and then contradict those claims, but picking on the way her legs look and are positioned in photographs and stuff? That should be off limits. Trying to alter the definition, which has been around for a long, long time to justify the comments doesn't make it okay. Sorry, but it's very troubling. I'm sure since I'M saying it, it will turn into a nasty disaster. You'll take it coming from anyone else, but I don't care. Someone has to say it. I have a hard time decided who is worse sometimes. Stick to her actions, her lies, her skills or lack their of, but the crap about her body and now her husband's? That's over the line. I think a lot of folks like to believe they know a whole lot about these people, but I doubt anyone knows much about her husband, what's going on in his life, the state of his health...You know what he chooses to disclose, and even then, people don't always disclose the reality.

https://www.waldeneatingdisorders.com/b ... -we-do-it/

"...I do believe people have an obligation to consider the social consequences before using a platform to spread potentially harmful ideas. Such as with body shaming.

Our bodies are policed from early in our youth. Images of and messages about what is considered an acceptable body, how to display it, and how to feel about it are unavoidable in mainstream media. And the thing is, fat people aren’t made the butts of jokes because of their health. They’re not depicted as smelly because of their health (sorry, since when is smelling like sausages a symptom of weight related issues? Oh right, never). They’re not depicted as lonely or stupid because of their health. These stigmas are based in the standard of what has been deemed aesthetically pleasing to the masses, which has been perpetuated by media for years.

So veiling hurtful comments as genuine concern is, quite frankly, bull. Because one, why do you think anyone else’s, let alone a stranger’s, health is any of your concern? And two, if you were actually concerned with the obesity rate in our country, you would know that making people feel bad about their bodies is actually the worst and most ineffective way to make them change. Anyone who loses weight because they were shamed into it most likely has an unhealthy relationship with their body, and may have more of a chance to develop eating disorders or other dangerous habits to feel better about themselves.

There are so many causes of being overweight or obese that cannot be fixed by simply “putting down the fries.” First off, there are those who have medical issues that cause weight gain or inhibit weight loss. And, what do you know, you’re not going to be able to tell if they have such a condition by just looking at them. Some people turn to food as a means of coping with serious trauma in their lives. Still can’t tell by looking at them. Some overweight people may even be at their healthiest after making some life changes, or they were healthy from the get go! Can’t tell by looking at them. Some thin people suffer from body dysmorphia and are engaging in an eating disorder to be thin. Nope, can’t tell from looking at them. Cheap and quick food is often unhealthy, and that’s all some people can afford. Still. Can’t. Tell. From. Looking. At. Them.

In short, not only do you have no idea what’s going on with someone’s health from their outer appearance, but it’s also not any of your business and just plain rude to address it without being invited to the conversation. For better or for worse, you have no authority over someone else’s body." --Miranda, Slashed Beauty
I can see you feel really strongly about this issue and I don't condemn you for that. Obviously you needed to speak your piece and that's fine.

I have skimmed and just skipped through the pages that sparked and continued this debate about (I assume everyone was discussing) Jon getting fat. This thread and some others can get pretty nasty and when they do, I skip to the parts I like or there have been times I've taken a break from the thread and Jaclyn does something so stupid that it brings me back and everyone has moved on to that new topic.

But honestly otherwise, if I don't like what's being said here, I leave. There are some threads I've left permanently because the people suck. Jon himself might read over your entire comment and say to himself, "man it ain't all that, I just have been eating way too much pizza". I appreciate that you find it to be a big issue in society, but might I suggest that *you* appreciate that other people WHO MAY BE FAT also see overeating as a flaw (in themselves, perhaps) and something they need to work on physically and/or mentally.

Not everyone thinks the same, and although what you've listed may be the case for some, you don't speak on behalf of the entire population. Maybe you don't believe me but even so, you are just as responsible to accept others' opinions that being fat in some cases is just bring fat. Guess what, I got an IUD and despite what every doctor predicted, I gained a ton of weight in 6 months before I got that thing removed. I hated how my body changed and I wasn't happy but it was just a fact. I worked it off and there was #noshame. I didn't blame my students who asked if I was pregnant every day. I looked fatter.

Sometimes social justice warriors are the ones who make things into a bigger deal than they need to be.

Jon has a thread now and people will probably focus a lot on his appearance. I would just kindly advise you don't go to that thread and like I said, sometimes this one gets obnoxious and I have to take breaks. Jaclyn is entertaining enough on her own without all this bickering, though. But like I said, I get why you felt the need to say something.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

missmintyfresh
Talker
Talker

Post by missmintyfresh »

I can't believe that's the same person! He looks pretty bad....

I think there's been some speculation that in like mid-late 2013 he was in rehab for something. I remember Jaclyn was in Chicago with her sister for like a month and Jon was mysteriously absent from social media and she never mentioned him. I would guess that his weight gain is coming from getting sober? He is never shown drinking/smoking anymore, just soda/redbull and his stupid vape pen. Which makes me wonder about Jaclyn drinking around him so often...has he had a hard time staying sober (if that is the case)?

At any rate, they married soooo young after dating for maybe a year and only a 2-3 month engagement. Young marriages have a much, much, much lower percentage of working out...people change so much between 19-25 and 25-30. I can imagine that Jon and Jaclyn have had or are having marital struggles, because they simply aren't the same people anymore.

She mentions her therapist, but maybe they should go to couples therapy? It's not a bad thing and could really, really help them, especially if he does struggle with sobriety/substance abuse.

In the mean time, they should get gym memberships and start eating healthy. Clearly they can afford eating out every meal, so maybe invest in one of those meal delivery services that gives you actually healthy, fresh food. Not Starbucks, Subway or the Cheesecake Factory.

Bones_G2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Bones_G2 »

I'm confused by people not being able to tell the difference between taking jabs at someone's unkempt style and lack of hygiene versus pointing fun at someone's "moobs" and love handles. Nobody's body is perfect and I find it classless and immature to pick out the things that are imperfect about someone regardless of how those imperfections happened.

I planned on keeping this part to myself because I do like this board but I'm over it. Jon is not fat. He's bigger than he used to be but he looked unhealthy before with how skinny he was and yeah when you compare then and now his weight gain looks bad but let's be real here, JON IS AVERAGE. If you honestly think that Jon is grossly fat because he doesn't have ripped pecs and abs then you need to grow up because that's not realistic. Would you seriously see Jon out in the street and walk past thinking "omg that guys is fat!"? If you would then you are part of the problem. I've never heard Jon mention being unhappy with his appearance and therefore I see no reason to comment on it except to look for things to pick on which is being a bully.

I would also really like someone to clear up wtf his tattoos have to do with any of this. I've seen them being mentioned in correlation to him being dirty and that shit isn't cool. Tattoos don't equal dirty.

The beauty community has become the HSN of YouTube

ilyria
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ilyria »

If you snap out a video of you having man boobs or you are with someone who is doing it to you then that's on you. And when you post it to the public, or again your dum dum wife does, then it's up for comment in the public domain. I never called him fat and wouldnt cause I dont believe he is however he is overweight for his frame now. As evidenced by his sagging man boobs. Thats not being a bully IMHO to comment on. Again we comment on stuff all the time here about their appearance so why is it weight is the one thing to you we shouldnt touch on? Makes no sense to me.

And honestly you yourself just said he looked unhealthy being as skinny as he was and THAT is body shaming as well ! Skinny shaming is just as bad to do as fat shaming is it not? But you felt that was fine to say.

Im gonna step off my soapbox now and not comment on this again but just had to point that out.

HeyMama
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by HeyMama »

Bones_G2 wrote:I'm confused by people not being able to tell the difference between taking jabs at someone's unkempt style and lack of hygiene versus pointing fun at someone's "moobs" and love handles. Nobody's body is perfect and I find it classless and immature to pick out the things that are imperfect about someone regardless of how those imperfections happened.

I planned on keeping this part to myself because I do like this board but I'm over it. Jon is not fat. He's bigger than he used to be but he looked unhealthy before with how skinny he was and yeah when you compare then and now his weight gain looks bad but let's be real here, JON IS AVERAGE. If you honestly think that Jon is grossly fat because he doesn't have ripped pecs and abs then you need to grow up because that's not realistic. Would you seriously see Jon out in the street and walk past thinking "omg that guys is fat!"? If you would then you are part of the problem. I've never heard Jon mention being unhappy with his appearance and therefore I see no reason to comment on it except to look for things to pick on which is being a bully.

I would also really like someone to clear up wtf his tattoos have to do with any of this. I've seen them being mentioned in correlation to him being dirty and that shit isn't cool. Tattoos don't equal dirty.

I'm confused. It isn't okay to say he looks like he has "moobs" but it is okay to say that he looked unhealthy before because he was so thin? Having "moobs" doesn't mean someone is fat, overweight or obese. Just as he may have a personal issue now he may have had one then concerning his weight. But I'm done with the whole body thing so moving on...

In regards to the tattoos, I read some of the comments about those in a way that suggests they are like accessories versus something meaningful. Like the goal is to cover his body with random pictures, symbols and designs just for the sake of doing it. I don't necessarily agree with it but I can see how it could be seen that way. While some people get personal things others do it just to be like, "Hey, look at me! I'm a badass because I have tattoos!" Sort of like how Jaclyn slaps expensive pieces together to look fancy and nonchalantly express how much money she has. Some people don't truly appreciate the art. They don't understand that tattoos are typically forever, should be taken care of like any other precious art and need to be maintained. I have plenty of tattoos and go out of my way to keep them looking fresh. While everyone has their own reasons for getting them, I get the vibe that the general consensus is that they are meaningless accessories. That may not be the case and I'm sure others find tattoos repulsive. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just think some of the comments that are trying to convey that message aren't explaining it very well. But I could be wrong.
I do not use TT. Please message me through the GG website.

brwhite601
Talker
Talker

Post by brwhite601 »

Bones_G2 wrote:I'm confused by people not being able to tell the difference between taking jabs at someone's unkempt style and lack of hygiene versus pointing fun at someone's "moobs" and love handles. Nobody's body is perfect and I find it classless and immature to pick out the things that are imperfect about someone regardless of how those imperfections happened.

I, personally, like him chubby. But I like chubby guys to begin with. That being said, I hate his long stringy hair. It looked full back when he was younger but now it just looks like brown straw. He could totally be hot again with just a haircut and a general clean up. And also with the comment about her legs. It's not her legs I have a problem with. I wish I had her body type! But it's how she is standing that's the problem. When most people pose for a picture, they put their weight on the leg in front instead of behind. It looks like of you came up to her you could push her over because she has no support behind her. It's not a natural pose and she just looks awkward.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ColdHeartedBitch
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

I comment on his tattoos because, in my opinion, they're not artistic, there is no story behind them, no substance. He seems, to me anyway, that he's desperately trying to emulate heaps of famous musicians he admires. He has them just to have them, and that's fine, I still think they look stupid, that is not to say I think ALL tattoos looks stupid, quite the contrary, nor do I equate tattoos with being dirty. He looks unwashed and his hair is a greasy mess, and that is why I think he looks dirty.

I do not think he's fat, I do, however, think he's out of shape. He and Jaclyn seem to embrace their unhealthy lifestyle and good for them, more power to them, but we're going to comment on it, and there's nothing wrong with that. We're going to comment on EVERYTHING, and even if we pick it apart, that's okay, this is a gossip site, If we want to nitpick and run something into the ground, it's our right. We all do it and to say we don't is completely hypocritical [and to me hypocrisy is far worse than commenting on a person's alleged moobs or love handles, but that's just me] I honestly don't know why commenting on his "moobs" or his love handles offends you? Whoever said it was clearly poking fun at him, they weren't saying "put a damn bra on your moobs, you fat ass whale!" They merely pointed out the way he was hiding his alleged moobs and his "little" love handles, and IIRC, it was in the context of "I wasn't able to screenshot the picture of his moobs, but I did get his little love handles" or something to that effect. This is a gossip site, people are going to say things that offend you, they're going to say things you don't agree with, they're even going to say things that piss you off to the point that you're in a blinding rage, frothing at the mouth, ready to tear the motherfucker a new asshole. All you can do is SCROLL PAST IT OR PUT THEM IN YOUR FOE LIST, if they're saying something that is against the rules or completely out of line, REPORT THEM AND ME OR ONE OF THE OTHER MODS WILL TAKE CARE OF IT
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.

HereForTheComments
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HereForTheComments »

I died over the thread title HOIHH, you snarky mod you.

ColdHeartedBitch
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

I put this over on Jac's thread, so I'll just put it here, too: Posters should not attempt to moderate the forums. If you don't like what a person has posted, scroll past it or put them on your FOE list. This is TRASH A GURU. The things said may not be pleasing to some people. That is the point of gossip, it's not meant to be nice, uplifting or redeeming. Scroll past the posts that are offensive to you or put the person in your FOE list. The forums will not be tailor-made to what you want to hear. That is just the way it is. :tu:

Melissa26m
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Melissa26m »

Poor jon jackass doesn't even come to his defense when she has to know people are saying things. He just doesn't appear to be happy ( possibly cause of weight gain) but you can at least look clean and edgy. She a self described germaphobe and he looks like a greasy pig. His image maybe rock star grunge but come on have a little self pride.

INdifferent
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by INdifferent »

teabow wrote:It's no wonder he looks how he does when he drinks so much red bull and eats pizza at 11:30 at night. All that sugar and carbs has to go somewhere!
I just had to comment the gif you made of her swinging her hair is priceless!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Please bear with me, English is my second language

Return to “Jon Hill”