Dan & Phil Part 49: Peter Phan Syndrome

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 49: Peter Phan Syndrome

Post by illegal_mind »

if the underwear has a specific pattern(like the sonic underwear), it'll be easy to tell who it belongs to, but it's not gonna be that easy to tell to whom the gray ck's belong to. there's not really a difference in size between them, we know they share clothes, so we know they fit each other's clothes. unless they wash and dry their clothes separately, they're not gonna know what underwear belongs to whom. they've probably worn each other's underwear plenty of times, without even knowing it.
as long as the underwear is clean, i don't see an issue with it
The Internet knows all your secrets

missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by missemma »

They probably just both order Calvin Klein underwear? You can buy it in Topman so I don't see why they would share. We know Phil shops in there and Dan tweeted that he was approached by a fan whilst shopping in there for socks a while ago.
"you don't need to say pow every time I apply some wood" - Dan Howell 2015.

ImageImageImage

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

missemma wrote:They probably just both order Calvin Klein underwear? You can buy it in Topman so I don't see why they would share. We know Phil shops in there and Dan tweeted that he was approached by a fan whilst shopping in there for socks a while ago.
If they buy the generic box set and they have the same size; once they upload their briefs in the washer they would not know which pants belong to whom; unless they tag it ;) (or if their sizes differ). They upload their wash together as Phil complained/mentioned Dan does not separate the whites from the colours.
Credit:amazingfiru

karma_yeah
Talker
Talker

Post by karma_yeah »

"Re: “Underweargate” -- Since they seem to share everything (including food when tasting things) I doubt sharing clean underwear bothers them. My guess is they’re just being practical. They’ve both admitted they’re lazy, so if they don’t bother to separate reds from whites, I doubt they bother to read labels to separate sizes (let alone fold and put away in respective drawers!) I suspect it all goes in one big pile and they take what they need.

It’s been an interesting convo though. :tu:

Re: “InnuendoPhil” – I’m LOVING me some innuendo Phil (stress mushroom indeed!) <3 . More of those please! He’s so good at it that I’m pretty sure he’s very aware of what he’s saying when he throws them in during video games. I’m impressed by his subtlety. It can go over the heads of tweens and be appreciated by his more “mature” audience. A win-win. :D
What goes around, comes around.

mermaid blood
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mermaid blood »

i think it's slightly different for men and women, on the underwear issue. are all the people who commented who found it a bit gross, in position of female reproductive organs? that may be the difference. lol. men don't have to wear panty liners. if they're wiping properly, hopefully their underwear is never getting discoloured or stained.

only on gg would i be typing this. :lol:
deniskae wrote:
vsannil wrote:I haven't been deep into the phandom for that long, so the default for me is Dan and Phil and it's strange to look at times where that not only wasn't the case, but their mindsets (particularly Dan's) were completely different. I just hope it was a conscious decision and not just something they fell into and don't know how to get out of.
It's a little crowded in here, so the convo moved, but I wanted to rehash a little. I've been in the phandom for about 2 months, and 2012!Dan baffles me. If they ever were/are an item, I can't imagine how painful it must have been for Phil to witness this behavior. Heck, even if they weren't/aren't, seeing your best friend being disgusted with the idea of you two being together is saddening.
Phil was also guilty of this behaviour, many times. he acted disgusted at the thought of being with Dan (liveshow with bryony is a good example), and also defaulted to some very heteronormative comments with fans even when the questions did not specify gender. i'm not sure why the phandom skims over Phil's behaviour on these matters (so it's not your fault if you haven't come across it yet). It's all in the attraction threads ;)

annetamiau
Talker
Talker

Post by annetamiau »

mermaid blood wrote:i think it's slightly different for men and women, on the underwear issue. are all the people who commented who found it a bit gross, in position of female reproductive organs? that may be the difference. lol. men don't have to wear panty liners. if they're wiping properly, hopefully their underwear is never getting discoloured or stained.

only on gg would i be typing this. :lol:
deniskae wrote:
vsannil wrote:I haven't been deep into the phandom for that long, so the default for me is Dan and Phil and it's strange to look at times where that not only wasn't the case, but their mindsets (particularly Dan's) were completely different. I just hope it was a conscious decision and not just something they fell into and don't know how to get out of.
It's a little crowded in here, so the convo moved, but I wanted to rehash a little. I've been in the phandom for about 2 months, and 2012!Dan baffles me. If they ever were/are an item, I can't imagine how painful it must have been for Phil to witness this behavior. Heck, even if they weren't/aren't, seeing your best friend being disgusted with the idea of you two being together is saddening.
Phil was also guilty of this behaviour, many times. he acted disgusted at the thought of being with Dan (liveshow with bryony is a good example), and also defaulted to some very heteronormative comments with fans even when the questions did not specify gender. i'm not sure why the phandom skims over Phil's behaviour on these matters (so it's not your fault if you haven't come across it yet). It's all in the attraction threads ;)
I guess it's because the Phandom is Dan - centred, and Phil was indeed a bit less vocal about it. Actually, as someone who thinks there's a fair chance they are together, I have problems understanding this period of time. Like, what on Earth was going on? I remember seeing the screenshot of Dan answering a very rude question about Phil's ding in equally rude terms, and thinking 'I would be really really offended if my friend said this about me'. I know this has been discussed endless times, I guess we'll never know the answers to our questions. It's just so difficult to understand to me, even if they were platonic friends, why act so disgusted with each other?

Also, the underwear convo, omg :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Tant de bo dos i dos sumin quatre

daichii
Informer
Informer

Post by daichii »

Thanks for sharing ur opinions people! it's so interesting to me how one thing can be viewed so differently.

For some people it will sound extreme but in my household each person washes their clothes separately to avoid using someone else's underwear or bras. It's all thanks to my mom, she finds that gross as well and she has passed that to me and my sis xD

re: fetus Phil ngl I had such a big shock (in a totally good way) when I first saw his older q&a's he was so flirty back then! No wonder Dan was so smitten.

And looking at the cops photo in the calendar it seems he can still be flirty. I was doubting he could still do a sexy wink like he did on AmazingDan as the last two times he tried it just made me laugh, but that calendar has restored my hopes in getting something like that (intentional or not) in the future xD

re: no homo Dan/Phil It is interesting to me how Dan was never that rude in video, just in his customer service blog. Like the angriest I've seen him in a ls or vyou from back then is when a girl asked why he was so mean to Phil and he went totally hulk mode on his answer.

As for Phil I don't really recall him showing a disgusted face like ever. The only thing that comes to mind is a ls when Dan said "I love u Phil" and he was like "that's odd man" but he has never expressed it in an angry/grossed out way like Dan.

Now that I think abt it, I have never witnessed an angry Phil. He really doesn't express darker emotions, how he has managed that during 10 years beats me. All the other youtubers I've watched have had at least one tweeter rant.
:love2: Image :love2:

mermaid blood
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mermaid blood »

annetamiau i guess it's less difficult to understand if you look at it from the perspective of being together, but closeted. i think it's difficult to fully comprehend the experience unless you've experienced it. and i can't imagine adding being a public figure onto that, it was hard enough.

acting that way if they are platonic is less easy to justify, i think most fans agree.

daichii definitely check out Felucca's work in the attraction threads on the 2011-2013 liveshows of if you want to see Phil no-homing, and a couple of him appearing irritated. i think people have a skewed view of Phil partly because he is so much less expressive, but also partly because his older stuff isn't really as widely consumed as Dan's.

so we have what, 9 days till Pinof? and roughly 2 weeks till next radio show? what day do they get back from the US? i wonder if we'll get a gaming video, or even LAP at some point.

daichii
Informer
Informer

Post by daichii »

^will check it out again when I have some free time, I've watched the playlist for both of them before but I wasn't really looking for Phil being angry or irritated. Though I think a truly angry Phil has never happened which is why there isn't a really famous vid like Dan's reaction to the question I mentioned on my previous post.

I've never said this before but I love how you guys breakdown and document things so nicely. I truly appreciate it as I can't stand watching their complete liveshows from 2012 and some from 2013 as the sound cutting off so much really irritates me, it's like Dan's reaction on the "how to make Dan cringe" vid. Thanks to felucca and all the others that have added stuff to that thread! (and sorry for the sappy post)

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

daichii I had not come across an angry Phil on video or any written form before, only had a taste of stern Phil. He is good at doing it in written form instead of shooting his mouth on camera. I'm not sure how far back he received training on PR but even pre-BBCR1 he writes what he has concerns on and normally direct to the point that leaves no room for interpretation.

I think he is as most of us aware do not like confrontation; hence he does not really display knee-jerk reaction. Hence we saw he will not do well in a spur of the moment such as Dan with the angry dad situation. Phil is one of those individual that when an incident occurs he goes back, think it through, write it down (so he can review and edit), then will post it to address the issue.

Somelikeitpink
Informer
Informer

Post by Somelikeitpink »

[tweet][/tweet]

I know the topic is long gone, but remember how we talked about Dan wearing make up?

This is a good example of why we know that.. He's definitely not wearing any there and while he still looks great (no critique there) his skin simply isn't as even. He has his circles under the eye and a few blemishes and spots, nothing bad or dramatic at all, his skin is in absolutely fine condition, but it's just not as smooth.

stalker in me is wondering where that picture was taken.. Weren't they on a plane?

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

^ Must had been their hotel bathroom; it might be one of their famous delayed tweeter post to throw off where they currently at ;)

missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by missemma »

Somelikeitpink wrote: He's definitely not wearing any there and while he still looks great (no critique there) his skin simply isn't as even. He has his circles under the eye and a few blemishes and spots, nothing bad or dramatic at all, his skin is in absolutely fine condition, but it's just not as smooth.

stalker in me is wondering where that picture was taken.. Weren't they on a plane?
He's also instagram filtered that photo to fuck.

god he looks good but i wish someone would feed him a pie, he looks super thin and really tired.

Maybe they'll stay in America for another day? I dunno why but I assumed they were coming back on Sunday.
"you don't need to say pow every time I apply some wood" - Dan Howell 2015.

ImageImageImage

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

missemma wrote:
If it was not due to his hair; I would not have recognised it was him from a glance. This is a good picture for someone to edit a both left vs a both right sides; to see how different he would look like.

Offtopic: Did you get any sleep at all???

kathrynxjane
Debater
Debater

Post by kathrynxjane »

Holy shit Dan. When I was scrolling through my instagram feed, I had to do a double take to check it was him.

I just assumed they were coming home today (maybe because I hope Phil does a LS tomorrow but that is completely doubtful.) they might have a later flight. We will only know when Phil tweets that he is back in London.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
“I wish humans were less socially awkward and we could pokemon battle without it being weird” :tu:

Robcha
Learner
Learner

Post by Robcha »

Dan did once mention that he has a car crash of photo editing apps on his phone. This photo is probably a result of that + instagram filters,

karma_yeah
Talker
Talker

Post by karma_yeah »

Is there a hint of mustache stubble in that picture?
What goes around, comes around.

kathrynxjane
Debater
Debater

Post by kathrynxjane »

[tweet][/tweet]

They are on the way home so that picture must have been in the hotel room before they left
“I wish humans were less socially awkward and we could pokemon battle without it being weird” :tu:

daichii
Informer
Informer

Post by daichii »

aside from the desert lips Dan looks really good in that photo, I think he is at his best looks wise right now :)

Kinda feel bad that they were spotted at the airport but oh well that comes with the job they've chosen.

I guess this is the end of the tour and book promo for this year? I haven't seen anything else being anounced.

otakutrash
Learner
Learner

Post by otakutrash »

Dan looks so tired and skinny in both his own tweet and the airport tweet.
Hopefully they can really eat more in the holiday season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
longwinded and bad in language, i know, but i'm just too annoying of a person to keep my mouth shut

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”