missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 48: Just Here for the Editing Tips

Post by missemma »

Somelikeitpink wrote:
Dan apologizing for them having "a little domestic here" when they talked about what to do during the show :rofl:
+ I didn't find the magicians part too cringey, Dan's sarcastic comments were more fond than harsh, so that was alright.
+ The dinof part in 2082 (or whatever year) was cute, Altough them twerking was just... I won't even... :rofl:
+ The fanfic part didn't make cringe as much as I thought it would. They were pirates, went to a party and then the drawing part happened. One thing I definitely have to say is that I thought this would come across as quite... ship baity. I was 100 percent for that to be the point where I'd go "oh hey yeah they are just bros" because so many people talked about how tatinof gave them that vibe. Nothing. I didn't feel like it was baiting at all, more like.. a fond hommage to their fans? it didn't seem forced or anything just.. like they were really amused by it.
+ And finally their singing and dancing. (if somebody *cough cough* knows how to put stuff on the drugdeal... I might have a little treat there...) It was great...Even if they didn't always sing amazingly but they just seemed to have so. much. fun. Especially Dan. He looked so happy and in his element. It was absolutely dreamy to watch. And I agree about whoever said it: there was a lot of... glancing towards each other, looking at each other...
there's a moment where they are back to back and sort of leaned back to look at each other and my friend just turned to me after and said: "I was sure they would kiss there."
The magician bit is my favourite bit of the whole show, its hilarious. I still don't know how he does the ribena trick though. The fact he stays so quiet when he's doing it is great. He's great.
My seat was on the end of an aisle and as he's turning the box with Dan in he's talking to him, probably to say he's half way through turning it but I've never noticed that before.

The lady I went with loved their older bit. I always cringe at the twerking but its funny. The cat whiskers bit though nonono. I know they have to do it though because #brand but I dunno, the screaming during that does kinda annoy me.

The fanfic part is my least favourite. I always thought it was only cowboys-camping-drawing as the 2 previous times it was that so it was interesting to see them do pirates (so funny when dan put the hat back to front then had the best hat hobbit hair after). I do think its a weird bit though if they don't want people to ship them/think they're together as its kinda sexual, saying how Dan sees Phil across a crowded room, wants to buy him a drink etc etc. The whole drawing Dan like a French girl, what? My friend laughed the whole way through that bit though and she's not a fan.
The singing and dancing bit, I love that bit so much. Whoever uploaded the whole thing to youtube needs a medal. Dan looks like he's giving it his all, Phil has such a good voice. They definitley lingered looking at each other more at the end which was cute, can't blame them though they must have been super proud of themselves. Dan doing the running man bit at the end gives me life, he is SO good at it. The song gets stuck in my head everytime for the journey home :)
Glad you had fun though :) would you go and see it again do you think? I've noticed different things the past times I've seen it, I'm not bored of it and I'm already looking forward to Basingstoke :D
"you don't need to say pow every time I apply some wood" - Dan Howell 2015.

ImageImageImage

blueapple_x
Informer
Informer

Post by blueapple_x »

missemma wrote:
The singing and dancing bit, I love that bit so much. Whoever uploaded the whole thing to youtube needs a medal.
Wuuuut....Can anyone provide the direct link please? (or PM me or put tatinof footage on drug deal) I've only seen one clip 7 second clip and it seems like there's been a lot more stuff that I haven't seen yet. I've looked on tumblr and instagram with no luck

mazza1506
Learner
Learner

Post by mazza1506 »

neetbuzzer wrote:just popping in real quick to say that if no one has suggested the next thread be named Peter Phan Syndrome we're all just a bunch of arrogant pinups tbh
:rofl: didn't expect this!
Image :hugs: Founder of the Peter Pan Syndrome Support Group :hugs:

mermaid blood
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mermaid blood »

neetbuzzer i have a boner for your self-expression. please replace my brain with your brain, or at least write all my future posts.

somelikeitpink thank you very much for the review and reporting your/your friend's observations! tickles me to read they were so on-point during that show, and appearing so elated, and in the presence of family and friends (?) too. i hope Dan's father manages to catch a later show, it would be a shame to miss such an achievement performed live. and if not, then I am sorry for them both whatever the reason.

mermaid blood
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mermaid blood »

neetbuzzer i have a boner for your self-expression. please replace my brain with your brain, or at least write all my future posts.

somelikeitpink thank you very much for the review and reporting your/your friend's observations! tickles me to read they were so on-point during that show, and appearing so elated, and in the presence of family and friends (?) too. i hope Dan's father manages to catch a later show, it would be a shame to miss such an achievement performed live. and if not, then I am sorry for them both whatever the reason.

neetbuzzer
Learner
Learner

Post by neetbuzzer »

mermaid blood wrote:neetbuzzer i have a boner for your self-expression. please replace my brain with your brain, or at least write all my future posts.
I mean I'm not saying this made me laugh so hard I started coughing, but I definitely would've been theater audience mean-mugged ;) And ty very much! That's the best (and unquestionably the most unique) compliment anything I've written has ever received, haha. Also, it's mutual.

If we swapped brains I'd be getting the better deal though lbr :w<3: (<-- I feel like that accurately captures the ~magic a brainswap would entail. At least, I hope so. What else would it even be used for...?)
Image Image Niles, you gossipy fishwife!

blueapple_x
Informer
Informer

Post by blueapple_x »

Omg this must be watched. The slo-mo jumps kill me :rofl:

http://phanswholock.tumblr.com/post/132 ... y-for-this

felucca
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by felucca »

So I edited Dan and Phil's Swedish Wikipedia pages this other week because they only had like one sentence each, and yesterday I went back to it to see if anything's changed and... "this article is now semi protected because of several cases of vandalism".

Thank you phandom, knew I could count on you.
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

mazza1506
Learner
Learner

Post by mazza1506 »

blueapple_x wrote:Omg this must be watched. The slo-mo jumps kill me :rofl:

http://phanswholock.tumblr.com/post/132 ... y-for-this
I can't wait for the horrific nightmares I'm going to have tonight from that....I found that terrifying :o
Image :hugs: Founder of the Peter Pan Syndrome Support Group :hugs:

daphenaxa
Informer
Informer

Post by daphenaxa »

blueapple_x wrote:
missemma wrote:
The singing and dancing bit, I love that bit so much. Whoever uploaded the whole thing to youtube needs a medal.
Wuuuut....Can anyone provide the direct link please? (or PM me or put tatinof footage on drug deal) I've only seen one clip 7 second clip and it seems like there's been a lot more stuff that I haven't seen yet. I've looked on tumblr and instagram with no luck
yeah i haven't seen anything either :cry: :(((((((((((((((((((((((( i wanna see the daaaaaannnnnnnnccccceeeeee :(

mermaid blood
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mermaid blood »

^ it's already been claimed for copyright and blocked by ChannelFlip.

*slow clap* :roll:

I guess i'll just wait patiently (or never, if it's too expensive to take the show down here) to see it candid and unedited. i hate dvd montages of performances

Fel - what did you add to it? that's disappointing if fans went in and added or changed to include ridiculous stuff. this is why we can't have nice things.
Last edited by mermaid blood on Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

hyliandeity
Informer
Informer

Post by hyliandeity »

mermaid blood wrote:^ it's already been claimed for copyright and blocked by ChannelFlip.

*slow clap* :roll:

I guess i'll just wait patiently (or never, if it's too expensive to take the show down here) to see it candid and unedited. i hate dvd montages of performances
Aw that sucks, did anybody think to download the video before it was taken down?

Somelikeitpink
Informer
Informer

Post by Somelikeitpink »

Regarding a video of the dance bit.. currently trying to find a way for people to see it ;) Don't wanna put it on youtube for exactly those reasons.

Somelikeitpink
Informer
Informer

Post by Somelikeitpink »

mermaid blood wrote: somelikeitpink thank you very much for the review and reporting your/your friend's observations! tickles me to read they were so on-point during that show, and appearing so elated, and in the presence of family and friends (?) too. i hope Dan's father manages to catch a later show, it would be a shame to miss such an achievement performed live. and if not, then I am sorry for them both whatever the reason.
To be fair regarding Dan's dad: he might have been in the crowd of the second row... I tried to look through my videos that I took before the show but they're quite dark so it's still a bit difficult to make them out properly...
missemma wrote:
The singing and dancing bit, I love that bit so much. Whoever uploaded the whole thing to youtube needs a medal. Dan looks like he's giving it his all, Phil has such a good voice. They definitley lingered looking at each other more at the end which was cute, can't blame them though they must have been super proud of themselves. Dan doing the running man bit at the end gives me life, he is SO good at it. The song gets stuck in my head everytime for the journey home :)
Glad you had fun though :) would you go and see it again do you think? I've noticed different things the past times I've seen it, I'm not bored of it and I'm already looking forward to Basingstoke :D
I definitely love how Dan actually put everything into it. I feel like you can hear a bit that a month of singing so often has made a difference, I definitely feel like yesterday showed (maybe because of family attendace) just how proud of themselves they are.
Oh yeah definitely! I'm going again next week in London for the evening show. Very very excited for that. (Also weirdly excited and in love with the playlist. thanks to them I've had highschool musical stuck in my head the whole day)

EDIT:
chloek88 wrote: If your assumptions are correct, this encounter suggests Phil's fam and Dan's fam are familiar with the same people, which is so intriguing to me. Their two families interacting is certainly not something I've ever given much thought, and I'd never have thought they'd be close enough to have established some mutual friends (or even if the extra people were relatives of the Howell or Lester fam, the fact that dan's brother would be familiar with phil's relatives or vice versa....it all seems very telling.)
Yeah I definitely wondered about that as well. In the end, before the cheering was done completely Phil's family + Dan's grandma and mum left early - the rest of them filtered out when the rest did.
But as I said they definitely seemed all familiar and comfortable with each other. I asked my friend again if she would say so as well and she agreed. I definitely find it quite telling. I know my best friends family and she mine but they don't know each other. Makes me wonder...

daphenaxa
Informer
Informer

Post by daphenaxa »

Somelikeitpink wrote:
mermaid blood wrote: somelikeitpink thank you very much for the review and reporting your/your friend's observations! tickles me to read they were so on-point during that show, and appearing so elated, and in the presence of family and friends (?) too. i hope Dan's father manages to catch a later show, it would be a shame to miss such an achievement performed live. and if not, then I am sorry for them both whatever the reason.
To be fair regarding Dan's dad: he might have been in the crowd of the second row... I tried to look through my videos that I took before the show but they're quite dark so it's still a bit difficult to make them out properly...
From the picture that was posted here, I still believe the bald guy in the red coat is Dan's uncle and guy in the pink shirt in the shadow is Dan's dad.

hyliandeity
Informer
Informer

Post by hyliandeity »

Somelikeitpink wrote:Regarding a video of the dance bit.. currently trying to find a way for people to see it ;) Don't wanna put it on youtube for exactly those reasons.
Please do! Maybe put it on a tumblr blog that has a password? There's a tumblr blog out there that has had the vday video on it for about 2 years because requires a password and not that many people have been able to access it.

gasp
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gasp »

I have the vid downloaded- ill see what I can do about getting it up on the drug deal.

Somelikeitpink
Informer
Informer

Post by Somelikeitpink »

I'll try and maybe get a screenshot of my video, but you'll only see them from behind not sure if that's helpful....

daphenaxa
Informer
Informer

Post by daphenaxa »

gasp wrote:I have the vid downloaded- ill see what I can do about getting it up on the drug deal.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Please put Somelikeitpink video in the drug deal as well!! There are never enough Dan and Phil dancing videos!!!

Somelikeitpink
Informer
Informer

Post by Somelikeitpink »

So for anybody who's interested... pm me. I found a way ;)

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”