sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dan & Phil Part 48: Just Here for the Editing Tips

Post by sweetmm »

Please continue here <3

Some of the recent editing tips I took note ;)

Credit:amazingfiru

pomelo

Re: Dan & Phil Part 48: Just Here for the Editing Tips

Post by pomelo »

manged wrote:That fucking shoulder fist thing Dan has started doing all of a sudden confuses me. It doesn't look as stiff as the shoulder pats he was forcing himself to do months ago. What gets me is that the shoulder-fisting (as a thing) sort of sprung out of nowhere, which leads me to believe it's premeditated on his part. But liiike.... why tho? Is it supposed to reinforce their bropalhomieroomiedude image?
I thought the shoulder fisting punching thing was really cute and coupley actually, it makes me think of girlfriends who will playfully hit their boyfriends. no heteronormativity intended I was surprised the first time I saw it that they allowed it in the video.
manged wrote:
I thought of this when I read your posts :rofl:
MonkeyBear wrote:i love the body language but it's not always easy to read it. for example, can you see that eyelid twitch when his eyes met with phil?
he clearly wanted phil to look at him but it took him the effort to not close his eyes/take them away. or maybe it's just me? idk, i find it interesting.
The eye twitch was so telling, it looked like the jolt of nerves/excitement you get when you make eye contact with someone you have a crush on. Six years and the spark is still there. :love2:

chloek88
Learner
Learner

Dan & Phil Part 48: Just Here for the Editing Tips

Post by chloek88 »

Tbh, I'm just waiting for someone to freak out about Dan calling one of the female characters a "side ho of sonic's" at about 5:13. Remember the shitstorm on here/tumblr over the summer when Dan called a mii "some thot" on Twitter and suddenly he was being made out as a raging, slurring misogynist? He never does quite learn does he...I'd say maybe he just doesn't give a crap but we all know Dan is way too concerned with people's perceptions of himself to not care how he comes across. I think he just gets a lil careless from time to time. (I def do not think he's misogynstic, nor did I take offense to the ho comment, btw.)

That aside, they seem more unguarded lately. It's nice. Dan's humor has been more on point than ever too. Lame games but still great videos and honestly I'm THRILLED by the amount they've been uploading.

dezzawintz

Post by dezzawintz »

These two put out better stuff when they don't have a spare minute, it makes me want to smoosh their faces and make them do things, but lbr, I can't even motivate myself to write a full post so who's the real procrastinator here? Also if any of you want to do my degree for me I'd really appreciate it. fuk u danandphil for being the most prolific you've ever been when i have a dissertation to do hahaha kill me

I wish every week was spooky week.

Post by Guest »

I was enjoying The Bucket of Doom video right up until Cat's baguette joke. I'm so tired of ''jokes'' that make trans people the punchline ''omg a chick with a dick how freaky and hilarious'' yeah not at all dehumanizing....

Other than that I thought Dan the Demon was very funny. His sarcasm really worked in character and Phil's stories were amusing. (OT but what kind of kids' game even has a scenario where someone sexually harasses them? if that is indeed a real game? like woot?)

Spooky week has been good! They both seem more relaxed and Dan especially seemed like he'd eaten a bag of sugar before fnaf4. That video had a really nice balance of gaming and bants. I liked how Dan said that he didn't really care all that much about surviving in the game (was that maybe a little teeny tiny slice of an opinion/gaming review?) Phil's dream was interesting (and also a bit sad because I immediately thought about how stressing being in the closet is). Dan's little ''Oh'' after Phil's thread colour comment cracked me up though. Also I found the 'feel my heart' bit amusing. Dan was going for it even before Phil asked him to. Sure they know what they're doing with that but this time it wasn't as haste and Dan even lingered a little which added to the relaxed feel of the video, imo.

In the Sally video for some reason Phil's comment about having dexterous fingers made me think of the 'youtuber stalker edition' - video with Dan and Tyler where Dan calls Phil a handy guy and Tyler kinda snorts. But yeah, it was nice to see Phil play for once. Also I find the whole ''Phil downloaded an .exe on Dan's computer'' joke funny especially since it's most likely a made up thing and the fans seem to eat it up.

Loving the innuendos as usual and can't wait to see the rest. Spooky week is such a good time.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

morbit
Talker
Talker

Post by morbit »

"do you even look at erotic sonic fan art on deviantart?"

"does sonic actually kiss someone in the show? saucy hedgehogs wow i need to get on that"

otakutrash
Learner
Learner

Post by otakutrash »

the video with cat was better than expected i guess. especially how dan is not introduced as himself and wearing the mask the entire time. it's just seem so much better than when he does appear on AP as himself sometimes.

the eye twitching thing looks more like a normal reflex. like when something close to our eyes starts moving suddenly, we will usually blink our eyes. totally not seeing it as any hint towards phan tbh. but the fist to shoulder thing is really interesting, it's much less awkward than the patting on shoulder that dan used to do, but the action itself looks...strange? it's not a very commonly seen action (not just of dan, like i don't think i've seen anyone do that before)
longwinded and bad in language, i know, but i'm just too annoying of a person to keep my mouth shut

imphanaf
Talker
Talker

Post by imphanaf »

otakutrash wrote:the video with cat was better than expected i guess. especially how dan is not introduced as himself and wearing the mask the entire time. it's just seem so much better than when he does appear on AP as himself sometimes.

the eye twitching thing looks more like a normal reflex. like when something close to our eyes starts moving suddenly, we will usually blink our eyes. totally not seeing it as any hint towards phan tbh. but the fist to shoulder thing is really interesting, it's much less awkward than the patting on shoulder that dan used to do, but the action itself looks...strange? it's not a very commonly seen action (not just of dan, like i don't think i've seen anyone do that before)
actually the first time it happened was a total non scripted, natural reaction to something silly.

[video][/video]

otakutrash
Learner
Learner

Post by otakutrash »

imphanaf wrote:
otakutrash wrote:the video with cat was better than expected i guess. especially how dan is not introduced as himself and wearing the mask the entire time. it's just seem so much better than when he does appear on AP as himself sometimes.

actually the first time it happened was a total non scripted, natural reaction to something silly.

[video][/video]
but the action in the sally.exe still looks weird though. it's two fists this time round, one at the top of phil's shoulder and the other closer to his chest? (not sure how to describe). the one in the ls is more commonly seen between ppl who are close (in or not in a love relationship)
longwinded and bad in language, i know, but i'm just too annoying of a person to keep my mouth shut

Gigs
Informer
Informer

Post by Gigs »

imphanaf wrote:actually the first time it happened was a total non scripted, natural reaction to something silly.
I wonder where it came from. Does he do it in real life and maybe it seeped into the videos/liveshow? Or is it a new thing for Dan as well as for us?

Or maybe he's been spending time with someone who does it (on tour for example) and he's kind of picked it up. Because he does tend to pick up words and phrases from people every now and then.

taemins
Lurker
Lurker

Post by taemins »

Oh wow GG is finally letting me on.

Loved Phil's bucket of doom video, like a lot of you my expectations were low because I don't really enjoy their videos with Cat. But I found this one really entertaining and I was laughing a lot. Highlight was definitely Phil's story about mating with Linda the alien + their reactions. beautiful.

Also, wasn't expecting a second spooky video, but I'm glad the collab didn't count as spooky week. Like the sonic video I didn't enjoy it that much, the game is pretty boring and not spooky at all. But their comments definitely made up for it. Wonder what is in store for tomorrows video...

Side note: every time Dan mentioned hedgehogs and "how do they mate?" all I could think of was that live show where he was watching hedgehog mating videos.
[youtube][/youtube]

coach
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by coach »

[tweet][/tweet]

I'm calling it: big youtuber calls for a boycott, community splits into pro-boycott/anti-boycott factions and it becomes super obvious who actually cares about the community and who is only in it for the sweet, sweet #spon money
if i ever manage to write a post without typos on the first try i've probably been replaced by a pod person jsyk

lonewolfpack048201
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lonewolfpack048201 »

Where's that hand going Dan??

Looks so wrong but....so right at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lonewolfpack048201
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lonewolfpack048201 »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wtfamidoinghere

Post by wtfamidoinghere »

coach wrote:[tweet][/tweet]

I'm calling it: big youtuber calls for a boycott, community splits into pro-boycott/anti-boycott factions and it becomes super obvious who actually cares about the community and who is only in it for the sweet, sweet #spon money
But which fraction is the one that cares then? Those who boycott, because they care about smaller youtubers who depend on the income? Or the ones who don't boycott, because they don't care if they get payed? There are good arguments for both sides that can make one look good (the actual reason might of course be personal gain).
The severity of this is unclear since noone knows how many people will sign up for the free trial and it's only in the US anyway. I can't see many youtubers boycotting tbh
Youtube doesn't need youtubers enough to give in, but youtubers mostly need youtube.

mermaid blood
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mermaid blood »

hmm yeah. Dan tends to have 'masks'. he does it facially, pursing the lips to stop himself grinning or reacting to something, usually something suggestive and/or cute. once you notice it you can't stop, hence the GG moniker Prissy Mouth. verbally too ('that's fine' 'that's good', 'good, good', humming etc in liveshows/radioshow)

i wonder if the balled up fists will become the new PM. it's just as endearing, so i welcome it.
but it does seem to be another semi-subconscious physical restraint. as in, the natural gesture might be to tap your friend excitedly, or squeeze/hold on to their arm with an open hand when anxious. he's already shown he balls his fist when excited from previous gaming vids, but as someone said in the joint liveshow it was positive excitement, rather than negative.

if he's experiencing both an increase in energy lately that he needs to expel physically, and has also consciously let himself (or they've both discussed?) being a little more natural and overthinking their interaction less, the fisting thing could be a weird middle ground we're seeing. it might eventually move into open-handed touches, the way any two close people may act without giving it a second thought (best friends, brothers, lovers, anyone).

also i just wanted to say fisting

didn't like the majority of the Going Deep vid, except for some select moments. really commend them for trying something new though, i'll be patient whilst they work that out. didn't like the FNAF video until the lights went on, Dinof persona is on my last nerve lately. loved the Cat collab, and loved sally.exe.

their dynamic is endlessly more enjoyable to me when Dan is not in sole control, closer to the dynamic of SAP seasons 1 and 2. the aspects i find most irritating of the post-2012 AP/Dinof dynamic almost seem to fade accordingly. it's remarkable to me now that i've figured out what the change is that i need in order to enjoy watching them, it's something so simple. i felt a similar vibe in the first joint liveshow of the year in March, so i'm trying to figure out what the common denominator is. personal happiness and or/security in their career choices? individually or simultaneously?

spaceguitarr
Debater
Debater

Post by spaceguitarr »

In the Bucket of Doom vid, Phil sure had a lot of female love interests. First of all, he made up the story w/ Linda, (and Cat really had a surprisingly small reaction to that). Then his 'date' was female also. I guess i just find it interesting that there was no 'theying' w/ them. U know how Dan generally says 'they' when he talks about theoretical romantic interests- idk, does anyone have any thoughts?

Raeliya
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Raeliya »

I actually really enjoyed both videos. Cat was pretty good in AP's video and Dan in the mask had me rolling. As for the fisting, heh I feel like it's a really natural reaction to things. I know if I get really excited or into talking about things I can do the same kind of thing to my husband.Side note, Hi I'm new here!
ImageImage

Jeweul
Informer
Informer

Post by Jeweul »

I feel like Dan is a lot more touchy than Phil. I also felt like he was borderline clinging onto Phil during FNAF... Reminds me of like the going to a horror movie with your date and holding onto them during the scary parts cliché. :rofl:
Raeliya wrote:I actually really enjoyed both videos. Cat was pretty good in AP's video and Dan in the mask had me rolling. As for the fisting, heh I feel like it's a really natural reaction to things. I know if I get really excited or into talking about things I can do the same kind of thing to my husband.Side note, Hi I'm new here!
Hi Raeliya! <3
Stakhanov wrote:A stork keeping his eyes on the prize. Interesting. A theatrically placed purple monkey. Very good. A big daddy bear to lean on. Bonus points!

gawmez
Talker
Talker

Post by gawmez »

Regarding Dan's fisting session ( ;) ) I do the same with my friends. It's really nothing special, I think it's just that we're used to the no homoing usually going on. :tu: i never notice those things i swear do i need the goggles to see them?

Anyway, I'm really liking Dan with no filter, (I mean, with less of a filter anyway) I love his humour and I feel like it's been missing for a little while now. (I enjoy the constant sarcasm and even cynical Dan. Throw in some real inappropriate/offensive jokes and I'm in heaven.) Please please please, go that way.

As for Phil, his content in the last vid felt a bit more mature (not sure that's the term I was looking for but) and I'm starting to enjoy it.

All in all, I feel like the tour might have given some confidence, maybe, in their content and made them (maybe unconsciously) wanna do a bit different from what they usually upload. Not saying it's revolutionary but hey it's progress. :tu:

too many parentheses i'm so sorry

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”