Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: FrenchparentingLikeJen Part 79

Post by Lipstick_Jungle »

people just
google:

gossip bakery forum community

I don't want to annoy anyone by posting the forum, but it's super easy to find. it's public

Adorabella
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Adorabella »

can someone fill me in on why jen-related posts are no longer allowed on this forum? why has the discussion been moved to gossip bakery?

Lipstick_Jungle
Learner
Learner

Post by Lipstick_Jungle »

They are allowed.
GG as you know gets down from time to time and as issues.
so people from most threads went and created a place of their own so they can gather while this one has issues.
we all read here and some post still.

this is all in one place. others have just a few. it's not the same.

but this site isn't changing and every few weeks it has issues

CourtneyShane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by CourtneyShane »

This time of year has me jonesin' for old school Jen -- North Face jackets, Whole Food hauls, wimpy ponytail, Target Halloween tops and full-size candy bars on Halloween!

Ophelia
Informer
Informer

Post by Ophelia »

I still re-watch her old vlogs because that's what I want from Jen. Good old fashioned ROUTINE.

In the last video I watch she accidentally reveals that she bought a top in size LARGE god forbid and feels that she has to say "Oh, I didn't mean to do that...". She always does that and then shows herself trying things on later and they're slighly snug and she calls them baggy. I do miss this whacky Jen, but I also like that she seems to have found herself and has more confidence now that she has CC.

CourtneyShane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by CourtneyShane »

^^^
Yeah, she would always overexplain sizing -- we don't care! Just buy the size you need! No one thinks you're a house, Jen.

She seems pretty sane in her VIB Haul vid. I SO miss her stay-at-home-wife fall/holiday vlogs!

snowbunny
Talker
Talker

Post by snowbunny »

I miss her vlogs especially the holiday ones. She was probably one of the best vloggers because she shared so much and was so consistent. Helps with the homesickness seeing the shopping, products and what-not during the holidays. It's understandable that after Tosh and now having Charlotte she doesn't want to share much anymore.

heidibella
Stalker
Stalker

Post by heidibella »

Hey there....I used to lurk here and just came back and saw that it's pretty dead. Could someone please direct me to where y'all are now? I really miss reading this stuff. Thanks :)

CourtneyShane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by CourtneyShane »

Wow, no one posts here at all?

brashumpire
Informer
Informer

Post by brashumpire »

CourtneyShane wrote:Wow, no one posts here at all?
They moved to gossip bakery.
Lots of snark still happening

chance86
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by chance86 »

Is the Bakery down for anyone else?! I've been trying to log in via mobile and computer for the past couple hours. It's timing out. Kristina Braly is in labor and the timing couldn't be worse! Any updates are much appreciated!

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

I wish more people talk about Jen here. I dislike that other website with their pop-under ad that looks like a virus and seems fishy.

Watching her Target shop with me vlog. Still the ever long-winded slow-brain talking Jen - sure she's preggers so there's the 'excuse' of pregger-brain. Love how she says she's not into buying backups of backups but her large Target cart was chock-full to the brim.

Also she's got such an odd look on her face talking on the camera these days. Like she's ashamed or hiding herself with her eyes downcast or all over the place. It's so odd.

Lots of nice QVC hand model Jen moments showing off her haul.

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

Jen's vlogging again! Not so fiercely private anymore.

Biggest news is that Winnie is finally going to be free of that long hair! Not because Jen is busy with 2 kids or has gotten lazy about grooming even before the kids. Nope it's because Winnie is getting old and she doesn't like to be groomed so much anymore. Yeah right. She can't be anything but the perfect Mamma.

Charlotte is off to pre-school or an activity center out of the house for half a day at 2 years old. That's kind of sad at that age since it really seems like it's more to give Jen time to cope with the baby. Looked like Don dropped the kid off too. How lucky that she has a husband that can roll into work at any time he wishes.

Also Jen claims that both kids hate being soothed or carried by Donald. Poor dude. They only want perfect mom Jen :barf:

Charlotte looks like a mini-Donald that it always throws me off.

Also the whole Donny/Donald baby having the same name as grown up Donald ... does anyone else find that weird? How do families with Juniors handle that? Will baby Donald forever be infantalised with being called Donny forever? Ick.

Ophelia
Informer
Informer

Post by Ophelia »

A new vlog! I'm so happy, it's pathetic.

First thoughts, I love the look of their modernized kitchen. I wonder if they'll be renovating the rest of the house to match? Everything else is a little bit dated, but that could just be their choice of furnishings (I've never been a fan of that style).

Did she just point out Donny's double chin?

Poor Winnie looks like a hot mess lol

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

A new vlog very much like her old vlogs. Hope she does more. :tu: Despite the title there wasn't much of her grumpy looking 9mo. I'm a hater but love her vlogs lol Also Charlotte is adorable ... I guess she is doing alright with this whole motherhood thing despite being typical Jen.

[youtube][/youtube]

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

Why did she buy her 3 yo daughter's Xmas present 5 years ago - before even the idea of the kid existed?! That's insane. It's also somewhat weird how she's forcing these things to be liked by the kid - Disney, this 5yo Xmas present that has been in storage that she had to buy because she thought it was limited edition (no it's not, it still exists lol). Like how do you even know the kid will like it? Isn't it more like indoctrination at this point?! Feel kind of disgusted by this idea and what it means for that kid in the future with other things that she's gonna push onto them.

OSheaPunk
Debater
Debater

Post by OSheaPunk »

koalah wrote:I wish more people talk about Jen here. I dislike that other website with their pop-under ad that looks like a virus and seems fishy.
The jen thread on gossip bakery is pretty active...granted it's the same 5-8 people who post all day long but the threads do move.

It's nice to see that kids haven't change her at all. She is still totally insane.

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

OSheaPunk wrote:
koalah wrote:I wish more people talk about Jen here. I dislike that other website with their pop-under ad that looks like a virus and seems fishy.
The jen thread on gossip bakery is pretty active...granted it's the same 5-8 people who post all day long but the threads do move.

It's nice to see that kids haven't change her at all. She is still totally insane.
I don't like the targeted popunder ads that show up on that site. They may have fixed it but previously it bypassed adblockers. The site that runs the ads probably gets referral credit for all the website it opens I'm guessing (and it will stay forever even if you buy something in 1-2 years unless you clear your cookies). So that's a no from me for the bakery.

She totally is insane. Her office tour in the latest vlogmas she showed Winnie's grooming station left empty as a grooming station still. Then actually said 'while I still need it'. She's phasing poor Winnie out! I remember how she used to spend hours grooming Winnie, even do a little cuddle after the shower where she bundles Winnie up then lie down on the window seat together singing lullabies :rofl: Suddenly this year oh Winnie doesn't like hair in the face so the long hair gets the chop. Yeah right. You're just lazy af now Jen.

PocusHocus
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocusHocus »

koalah wrote:Why did she buy her 3 yo daughter's Xmas present 5 years ago - before even the idea of the kid existed?! That's insane. It's also somewhat weird how she's forcing these things to be liked by the kid - Disney, this 5yo Xmas present that has been in storage that she had to buy because she thought it was limited edition (no it's not, it still exists lol). Like how do you even know the kid will like it? Isn't it more like indoctrination at this point?! Feel kind of disgusted by this idea and what it means for that kid in the future with other things that she's gonna push onto them.
i have a small stuffed animal from one of my favorite movies that I bought for myself but with the idea that I’ll pass it on to my kid as their first stuffed animal... and I’m not even married.... or dating.... fuck I didn’t realize that was weird lol

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

PocusHocus wrote:i have a small stuffed animal from one of my favorite movies that I bought for myself but with the idea that I’ll pass it on to my kid as their first stuffed animal... and I’m not even married.... or dating.... fuck I didn’t realize that was weird lol
A little stuffed toy is fine not a whole complete set like a huge dollhouse with included figures. It's a Sylvanian families set which she probably bought for herself cause it was 'limited edition' (she thought) then decided to 'regift' to her kid. It might be that or it might be her pushing her opinions/choices onto her kid. Don't know which is worst IMO. They do the Disney indoctrination in their household too with a huge amount of merchandise & toys also but that's a given I guess. Maybe I'm weird for thinking all that is weird :D

Return to “Pretty Neat Living”