ItsWayPastMyBedTime (Carrie Fletcher) Part 2

Re: ItsWayPastMyBedTime (Carrie Fletcher) Part 2

Post by Guest »

I bet all the proof copies she sent out came back with nothing but positive feedback because they all love to suck up to her.

Anytime anyone says anything negative about her writing, her fans attack them and try to bring them down. Carrie herself is the worst with dealing with it, she plays a sob-story about how hard it is and blah blah. That is not how the writing world works! And if you are a fan surely you want them to improve and get better? Her fans really believe that she is perfect and can't do wrong. Even the best writers out there make mistakes but they have the sense to listen to the feedback. Not take it as an attack on them as a person.

I'm sorry but if Carrie is serious about being a writer she needs to get some thick skin and take some much needed classes! Oh and also grow up, a lot!

penguins
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by penguins »

Doughnutdemon12 wrote:I bet all the proof copies she sent out came back with nothing but positive feedback because they all love to suck up to her.

Anytime anyone says anything negative about her writing, her fans attack them and try to bring them down. Carrie herself is the worst with dealing with it, she plays a sob-story about how hard it is and blah blah. That is not how the writing world works! And if you are a fan surely you want them to improve and get better? Her fans really believe that she is perfect and can't do wrong. Even the best writers out there make mistakes but they have the sense to listen to the feedback. Not take it as an attack on them as a person.

I'm sorry but if Carrie is serious about being a writer she needs to get some thick skin and take some much needed classes! Oh and also grow up, a lot!
She needs thicker skin not just as a writer but also as an actor / singer. If anyone gives her any form of criticism, which is usually constructive in form she runs to defend herself drawing in her minions to protect her.

Rubylee87
Debater
Debater

Post by Rubylee87 »

Guys, Carrie has just posted a very important 'fun fact' on Twitter about Evie Snow. Turns out she had a green coat BEFORE Carrie did. Carrie was inspired to buy one months after writing about Evie's green coat.

Therefore, Evie can't POSSIBLY be a flat, 2D character based on Carrie. Because she actually had a green coat months before. It all makes sense now. :roll:

allIwantedwascake
Talker
Talker

Post by allIwantedwascake »

I wonder why she had to clarify that, or where she read that from.... :roll:

She doesn't realise that both ways lead to the same fact: She wants to be Evie in a movie. It doesn't matter who had the coat first, she dresses as her character who looks exactly like her.
English is my second language, sorry if I have mistakes <3

Bormenthal
Talker
Talker

Post by Bormenthal »

Rubylee87 wrote:Guys, Carrie has just posted a very important 'fun fact' on Twitter about Evie Snow. Turns out she had a green coat BEFORE Carrie did. Carrie was inspired to buy one months after writing about Evie's green coat.

Therefore, Evie can't POSSIBLY be a flat, 2D character based on Carrie. Because she actually had a green coat months before. It all makes sense now. :roll:
Because the colour of the coat is what really matters in creating a fictional character. xD

Oh well, at least she's not trying to explain her... uhm, I mean Evie's not so perfect personality and her family drama and whatever's been pointed out in the critical reviews.

But just think about it. First Carrie writes a fanfiction about herself. And then she starts fangirling about her own book so much, that she has to "cosplay" as Evie even before the book comes out, writes a song for her and Vincent and who knows what else. I wonder if she's writing fanfiction on her fanfiction?

Cupcake Warpaint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cupcake Warpaint »

Rubylee87 wrote:Guys, Carrie has just posted a very important 'fun fact' on Twitter about Evie Snow. Turns out she had a green coat BEFORE Carrie did. Carrie was inspired to buy one months after writing about Evie's green coat.

*Sighs* Can Carrie just keep her fan fiction on A03 like everyone else does.

helia
Informer
Informer

Post by helia »

Ponyboy wrote:
But just think about it. First Carrie writes a fanfiction about herself. And then she starts fangirling about her own book so much, that she has to "cosplay" as Evie even before the book comes out, writes a song for her and Vincent and who knows what else. I wonder if she's writing fanfiction on her fanfiction?
Not to mention the tattoo she has of her own quote.

delilahdots
Informer
Informer

Post by delilahdots »

Ah yes a fictional character had something long before Carrie so she isn't based on her at all. Only thing is....she's fictional. She can't have or be something until the author decides it.

Carrie is so in love with herself it's unreal.

fleurish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fleurish »

Disgusted by the smile on her face in her latest video. "i watched someone being stabbed" *awkward smile* :x
English is my 2nd language, so, please, bear with me.

delilahdots
Informer
Informer

Post by delilahdots »

fleurish wrote:Disgusted by the smile on her face in her latest video. "i watched someone being stabbed" *awkward smile* :x
Yeah I thought that was a bit of a weird thing to drop in. The video message in general was nice but "by the way I watched someone being stabbed" side note was a little wtf.

Rubylee87
Debater
Debater

Post by Rubylee87 »

It kind of reminds me of her early blogs about growing up in London and how she'd write something completely out of place like 'I grew up in Harrow...people sometimes get stabbed there!'

Maybe her next novel will be a gritty London based crime thriller.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

Maybe she laughs/smiles when she's nervous. I do that all the time and it is the most embarrassing thing, but you cant really help it

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

Maybe she laughs/smiles when she's nervous. I do that all the time and it is the most embarrassing thing, but you cant really help it

Bormenthal
Talker
Talker

Post by Bormenthal »

kofi wrote:Maybe she laughs/smiles when she's nervous. I do that all the time and it is the most embarrassing thing, but you cant really help it
I had to rewatch the video because I didn't notice her smile at first, and it seemed to me that she had that smile lingering on her face all throughout the video, as if she was trying not to laugh. Makes me wonder what was on her mind...

Post by Guest »

I'm not even surprised by the fanfic thing, don't forget about this

Which was a solid 15 weeks before the green coat

Being into creative writing myself, I know how easy it is to make your characters like what you know. It is so easy to think about how yourself or a close one would react in a particular situation, much easier than making a whole character and personality up.
Also sometimes you just don't realize how much your character's voice sounds like you (but I guess that doesn't apply to Carrie cause she is embracing the ressemblance 100%)

LaFleche
Informer
Informer

Post by LaFleche »

I finally got to watch the 'writing' Q&A and I'm almost dying here. I hate the look on her face – she's so self-absorbed and smug, I can't believe it. And is she serious talking about representation (brown eyes and blonde hair – revolutionary)? And she will be writing another book? And a woman of colour will be the protagonist – created by Carrie Hope Fletcher? Dear God, save me. I can't stand her anymore, I just can't. I had to close the video when she started talking about 'dreaming really big'... although I knew from you guys what would be coming next, I felt a wave of nausea.

Still stuck with her expression while saying 'I mean it's my book, I'm gonna write what I want' – woah.
Not a native English speaker, thank you.

powerranger
Learner
Learner

Post by powerranger »

LaFleche wrote:And is she serious talking about representation (brown eyes and blonde hair – revolutionary)? And she will be writing another book? And a woman of colour will be the protagonist – created by Carrie Hope Fletcher?
I honestly laughed really hard at that part. I can't believe she writes a fanfiction about her and her boyfriend and then claims it's because she wanted represention.. For white people? So blondes with brown eyes.. Ans I suppose tall, dark-haired and handsome boyfriends are also not represented enough in fiction?
Also she already got another book deal? Are all publishing companies like hers nowadays? Don't care what shit they publish as long as it keeps the cash flowing?

I'm quite annoyed at the fact that most people who write fanfiction online actively try to create diverse characters, because otherwise their characters are called out as a "Mary Sue" and being flat etc.. But she can publish her piece of bad fanfiction with GCSE-level grammar and - worst part of everything! - She acts like it's because it's a good book and not because of her mindless followers who will buy and praise any piece of trash she throws at them.

(English is not my first language so sorry for any mistakes)

nym
Debater
Debater

Post by nym »

Hi! I've been a lurker for a few months, this is my first post.

I feel she just likes to feel special about her appearance and personality. I know a lot of people with blonde hair and brown eyes, but she just keeps going on and on about how unusual that combination is.

Also, the way she "advertises" the LGBT+ characters in her book feels a little like queerbaiting to me. I'm not saying they're not well-constructed characters because I haven't read the book, but it seems like she's using them to appeal the LGBGT community and get more people to go and buy the book, or even to be praised on what a good person she is. I don't know, she made a video about it some months ago and then when the book came out she felt the need to tweet a "reminder" about there being LGBT characters in her book again.
English is not my native language, please forgive any mistakes

LaFleche
Informer
Informer

Post by LaFleche »

Just going to leave this here.

Not a native English speaker, thank you.

helia
Informer
Informer

Post by helia »

LaFleche wrote:Just going to leave this here.

???

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”