luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: KathleenLies Part 3

Post by luchadora0112 »

[tweet][/tweet]

This is like Kat's MO... she runs to snapchat to put someone on blast and then all her fan girls run to her defense. Even if she is feeling down and not herself, there is no excuse for being a mean person. And her response makes you think she is being sweet, but then you see what she tweeted to her fan girls :roll:

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

She seems really down in her latest Boxycharm unboxing video, doesn't she?

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by kathleenlightsssss »

jessica3llen wrote:Another thing I think I noticed recently in her snaps... her nail polish rack is completely empty. lol I know that is weird but... why would she empty all her nail polish?
I noticed that a while too. I was wondering if that was a clue that they may be moving (or using her room for a new guest?) ALSO- she did snap once a while ago, that she was organizing her nil polish- maybe this is that?

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

To be honest I haven't really been interested in her channel lately so I am just watching her vids now... How come she holds up the Neutrogena OIL-FREE makeup remover and flat out calls it an oil based remover?

Bchbunnie4
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bchbunnie4 »

We are at 40 pages on part 3...does this mean she's moving on up to the big board??

Papercup
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Papercup »

jessica3llen wrote:To be honest I haven't really been interested in her channel lately so I am just watching her vids now... How come she holds up the Neutrogena OIL-FREE makeup remover and flat out calls it an oil based remover?
It's actually oil based.
I have one too and I don't know why the it says oil-free while you can obviously see 2 layers in the bottles like any other oil-based makeup remover.
I could be wrong. It might not be an actually oil but something very similar. :roll:

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

I just find it hard to believe they would make an oil based remover... and then slap in huge letters "oil-free" on front.

This is the ingredients list:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Poloxamer 182, Allantoin, Tripotassium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cucumber Fruit Extract (Cucumis Sativus), Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate.

youtubeisfun
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by youtubeisfun »

jessica3llen wrote:I just find it hard to believe they would make an oil based remover... and then slap in huge letters "oil-free" on front.

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Poloxamer 182, Allantoin, Tripotassium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cucumber Fruit Extract (Cucumis Sativus), Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate.
There is definitely something in there that gives it an oily feeling. Kathleen didn't choose her words well, she shouldn't have said "favorite oil based" because it's not really an oil.

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Yeah, I just thought it was strange the way she contradicted herself. And I noticed how in her sponsored video, she was using Morphe shadows... and she is an affiliate for Morphe. I know some people don't care but I just hate watching ads, and that is all that was. Hopefully she can come up with some more creative videos to film. I did appreciate the empties video.. something a bit different for her channel.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I did appreciate the Empties video too. It was a walk down memory lane of what Kathleen's channel used to be for me. :tu:

I think Neutrogena has faced some issues and concerns with skincare gone wrong and being sued? Corrrect me if I'm wrong? :oops:

Papercup
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Papercup »

jessica3llen wrote:I just find it hard to believe they would make an oil based remover... and then slap in huge letters "oil-free" on front.

Here's what it looks like

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Yeah but just because a solution isn't homogeneous doesn't mean it is simply oil and water. I know this whole thing is pretty dumb.... my original post was just saying she called it oil based right after talking about how it was oil-free. She says a lot of contradictory things when she is talking about products. And whenever I start to feel bad for her, I see all those bitchy things she tweets. It's one thing to feel annoyed by the negativity, but she doesn't need to broadcast it on social media. She could complain to Danny, her sister, her friends, her mom, basically anyone in her life. Venting might help her feel better and then she wouldn't have to deal with the public consequences.

towerprep
Learner
Learner

Post by towerprep »

You know who is a great beauty guru to watch? BeautywithEmilyFox. She is french Canadian so she has a very slight french accent, nothing too unbearable. Anyways she does a bunch of in dept reviews on products, lip swatches, grwm, fashion haul etc. Her videos are detailed about the products and since her job is not youtube, she is studying to be a lawyer, she gives you honest answers about makeup. Which is so refreshing because you know she does youtube because she loves it not because she is in it for the money.

As for Kathleen, I use to love her so much because I thought she was funny and her makeup choices were on point. But ever since I saw multiple reviews on the trashy colourpop liquid lipsticks which Kathleen was being so shady when she reviewed them, it was just like I just lost interest. I don't feel the same joy I use to when I watched her videos a year ago, when she was just her beautiful happy self.

Also strangely enough eleventhgorgeous also has some news that gives them anxiety, but they can't say what it is. Many people think it might be the same as Kathleen. IDK. I hope she gets back to her happy self soon.

*The whole mean tweets that are passive aggressive are not cool, she preaches about bullying but then she does the same thing.

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Thanks for the suggestion! I have watched a couple of her videos, I like her accent. I will have to check out more though.

everdrean
Learner
Learner

Post by everdrean »

[quote="towerprep"]You know who is a great beauty guru to watch? BeautywithEmilyFox. She is french Canadian so she has a very slight french accent, nothing too unbearable. Anyways she does a bunch of in dept reviews on products, lip swatches, grwm, fashion haul etc. Her videos are detailed about the products and since her job is not youtube, she is studying to be a lawyer, she gives you honest answers about makeup. Which is so refreshing because you know she does youtube because she loves it not because she is in it for the money.

I've just recently discovered Emily Fox, she is so sweet and seems very honest in her reviews. I hope she won't change as she gets more subcribers. As for Kathleen I'm so sorry to see her changing so much as she got more subscribers. Maybe the thing that she can't tell us will change her for the better.
Winter is coming!

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Does anyone else hate or notice when Kathleen swatches something while talking about it on her hand during a video (but her hand is off camera) and then she wipes it off so we never see it? :x :roll: :x

Return to “KathleenLights”