KathleenLies Part 3

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: KathleenLies Part 3

Post by kathleenlightsssss »

Miami Fever - the liquid lipstick Kathleen "made" with Ofra is drying as helllllll.... :rofl:

Hihotintin
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Hihotintin »

kathleenlightsssss wrote:Miami Fever - the liquid lipstick Kathleen "made" with Ofra is drying as helllllll.... :rofl:
You bought it or you read reviews about it?

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Hihotintin wrote:
kathleenlightsssss wrote:Miami Fever - the liquid lipstick Kathleen "made" with Ofra is drying as helllllll.... :rofl:
You bought it or you read reviews about it?
un-FREAKING-fortunately I bough it. :| I wanted 3 other colors though, that's why I paid for it along with my original picks. The Miami Color color is great on me, actually <3 :tu: I was pleasantly surprised. But after only 1 hour of wearing it, my lips burned. I couldn't even smile a full smile without feeling a tight, tugging feeling. Also, word of advice, never wear ANY of the Ofra liquid lipsticks when eating. They re-liquify and smear all over the place... #FAIL. :roll: :(

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Pretty soon she is going to be on the front page! That is interesting because Nicole G only just recently made it to Thread 4 and has been on youtube wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy longer than Kathleen.

Yeah, as good as she makes those damn products sound I learned my lesson from her after wasting a ton of money on Colourpop crap. I could tell those Ofra products looked horrible. And I am always sketched out by companies that I have only heard of through youtubers and sub boxes (boxycharm) that cost as much as high end, and then give you almost 50% off discounts.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Yeah the discount code was kind of a tip off. 40% OFF? I guess I learned my lesson.. :oops: The colors are gorgeous, but the quality subpar to say the least... :pfff:

Bchbunnie4
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bchbunnie4 »

Everything I've tried from Ofra that I've received in my sub boxes has been crap....pimping it out on YouTube isn't going to change that fact!! :tu:

skinny_boho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by skinny_boho »

What's a good dupe for her lipstick then?

Hihotintin
Informer
Informer

Post by Hihotintin »

Just watcher her products I've used up video and If I took a drink for every time she said a product was her favorite and she realllllllly reallllllly like it but than found something better I would have to go to the hospital. In her older videos when she would make a comment about how "you guys know my absolute favorite ______ is ______" you would be able to tell because she used them in her videos alllll the time. Now when she says "you guys know this is my favorite foundation", 10 different ones come to mind.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

I'm genuinely surprised that after being on YT for two years she still hasn't learned that when reviewing a product so much more matters than saying whether or not you like.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I wish she would explain WHYYYYYY she likes things! ^ :roll:
skinny_boho wrote:What's a good dupe for her lipstick then?
Anything orangey but subdued. I'd say the soft matte lip creams from NYX even, you could mix a brighter orange one with a softer peachy nude. :tu:

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

kathleenlightsssss wrote:I wish she would explain WHYYYYYY she likes things! ^ :roll:
Anything orangey but subdued. I'd say the soft matte lip creams from NYX even, you could mix a brighter orange one with a softer peachy nude. :tu:
Thanks for the honest review; I was wanting to try it after seeing it on JH ( not that I trust her opinions much) because I like Jefree Star's liquid lipstick, and the color is really pretty.
I wonder if he has a dupe?? Those aren't all that drying but definitely should exfoliate prior.
Maybe even OCC has a similar shade?
Anything promoted by YT'ers I tend to side eye, frankly.
Venti, vidi, grande. :coffee:

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

For shits and giggles I mixed Melt cosmetics Bang! Bang! ( bright orange) with WnW Fergie velvet matte DJ Doll- sort of similar, though I bet the NYX would work better :D
Venti, vidi, grande. :coffee:

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Yes! :tu: <3 ^ In the good OG days, I valued Beauty YT'ers opinions. Now.... :roll: not so much, unfortunately... :(

Bchbunnie4
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bchbunnie4 »

kathleenlightsssss wrote:Yes! :tu: <3 ^ In the good OG days, I valued Beauty YT'ers opinions. Now.... :roll: not so much, unfortunately... :(
It's because they don't give opinions any more...just a sales pitch!!

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

As much as her channel has gone down hill and her behavior has disturbed me (being passive aggressive) I seriously feel bad for her. I don't know what the hell this change in her life is.... but ALL of her snaps for the past couple days have been from her bed watching tv. From morning until night. That can't be healthy.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

I honestly think she may have clinical depression. Going off of how down she has been, I think she would fit the criteria to have a proper diagnosis. Maybe she's just really stressed about whatever she claims this change is (although I still think she's just blowing something minor, like moving, out of proportion), but this behavior has been dragging on for some time. She was brave enough to get help for her anxiety, so maybe she'll come around to get help for her troubles.

Not to sound inconsiderate to her issues, but I think a lot of her problem stems from her not being able to have a backbone. :?

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

I mean obviously she doesn't snap all 24 hours but it really didn't seem like she left the bed. Today she watched Becoming Jane, Mindy Project, DWTS, and Garden State. That is a lot of time laying around in bed doing nothing.

And I am pretty sure her snap the other day, she was also in bed for most of the day.

skinny_boho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by skinny_boho »

kathleenlightsssss wrote:I wish she would explain WHYYYYYY she likes things! ^ :roll:
I have Morocco and Stockholm (i think) so I'll definitely try that! thanks!! :tu:

ceragresham
Debater
Debater

Post by ceragresham »

I bought her lipstick and honestly, the color doesn't look good on me at all, but since I paid so much for it, I wear it so I can get my money's worth out of it. And in my honest opinion, I put it on before I went to work yesterday (around 12:30), and drank water, powerade, tea, and by the time I got off at 6, it looked fine. It wore off a bit in the corners of my mouth, but it was hardly noticeable. So while I don't mind the formula, I just think the color looks awful on me! One of my students told me it looked like a pumpkin lol. Idk on one hand, I think it's good that she created a color that she would actually wear and love rather than just a mauvey color like she did with CP (I've almost never seen her wear lumiere), but I still think she could have come up with a much more wearable color.

Also, in regards to her laying in bed all day... I've been diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety for almost 13 years, and her behaviors are exactly what I do when I'm going through a particularly bad bought. I mean, last year, I managed to watch 9 years of Criminal Minds in a month and a half because I couldn't bring myself to leave my room. I'm in no way trying to diagnose her with anything, but it is something that is concerning. Danny hasn't been around in any of her snaps, either. She said she was so happy about laying in bed and watching something with her DOGS. Whatever this change is, Danny is definitely involved, and I think that's why he hasn't been around as much. He hasn't even popped into her videos to make stupid faces at the camera in awhile.

TL;DR Kathleen's lip color is hideous but the formula lasted pretty well. Kathleen is showing visible signs of depression, and Danny has been MIA in both videos and snaps.

Hihotintin
Informer
Informer

Post by Hihotintin »

ceragresham wrote:I bought her lipstick and honestly, the color doesn't look good on me at all, but since I paid so much for it, I wear it so I can get my money's worth out of it. And in my honest opinion, I put it on before I went to work yesterday (around 12:30), and drank water, powerade, tea, and by the time I got off at 6, it looked fine. It wore off a bit in the corners of my mouth, but it was hardly noticeable. So while I don't mind the formula, I just think the color looks awful on me! One of my students told me it looked like a pumpkin lol. Idk on one hand, I think it's good that she created a color that she would actually wear and love rather than just a mauvey color like she did with CP (I've almost never seen her wear lumiere), but I still think she could have come up with a much more wearable color.

Also, in regards to her laying in bed all day... I've been diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety for almost 13 years, and her behaviors are exactly what I do when I'm going through a particularly bad bought. I mean, last year, I managed to watch 9 years of Criminal Minds in a month and a half because I couldn't bring myself to leave my room. I'm in no way trying to diagnose her with anything, but it is something that is concerning. Danny hasn't been around in any of her snaps, either. She said she was so happy about laying in bed and watching something with her DOGS. Whatever this change is, Danny is definitely involved, and I think that's why he hasn't been around as much. He hasn't even popped into her videos to make stupid faces at the camera in awhile.

TL;DR Kathleen's lip color is hideous but the formula lasted pretty well. Kathleen is showing visible signs of depression, and Danny has been MIA in both videos and snaps.
I don't watch her snaps so I don't know anything about that, but I do wish her well and hope everything is ok. As much as I criticize ( I like to think most is constructive) I don't wish her any ill will. I know everyone has different opinions about Danny, but I do think he loves Kathleen and is a great support system for her. I worry that if he has to spend more time with his daughter the adjustment may be causing her funk?! Either way perhaps taking the month off will do her some good to get in a better place. Who knows maybe it will help her get her head on straight and go back to how she was in her older videos.

Return to “KathleenLights”