Catrific

Crushedhopesnddreams
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Catrific

Post by Crushedhopesnddreams »

mameha wrote:Cat's personality grates on my nerves but not because she's an introvert.

There's still such a stigma attached to introversion and it's ridiculous. So some people don't require as much social interaction...it's a big deal because...?

As Cat gets older, I'm guessing she'll stop forcing herself to go to parties and other situations that make her feel uncomfortable. It's natural as you age to stop caring so much what other people think of you.
Since she know about introvert/extrovert and her being an introvert, she uses it as excuses for everything. "My introverted self is tired" She uses that sentences a few vlogs ago. I hate it, you are just lazy, don't make excuses.
English is not my main language, sorry if I butchered the language !

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

I don't think there's anything wrong with spending a weekend by yourself, I do that and I have plenty of fun for myself, and I do think there's a lot of anti-introvert bias in this thread (because culturally we only value extroverts). However, the point has been made that Cat doesn't have anything else going on in her life, and I agree with it. That's the sad thing, not that she spends a lot of time alone. The only thing she does is YouTube, and she really doesn't take that seriously. If she actually made an effort with her channel, it wouldn't be as bad.

MDNA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MDNA »

For someone who is so boring, people sure do talk about her.

bunnysalad
Learner
Learner

Post by bunnysalad »

MDNA wrote:For someone who is so boring, people sure do talk about her.
I was thinking the same thing ;)
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

mermaid
Informer
Informer

Post by mermaid »

am i the only one who thinks sawyer and whittney may be dating? when cat was saying who may be coming she sorta lumped there names together. idk theories

mermaid
Informer
Informer

Post by mermaid »

no.. i dont think theres much "anti-introvert" stuff on here. i think its anti- the way cat makes introverts appear.

i personally dont really know or care if shes an introvert but like people said she has used it as an excuse "im so tired, my introvert is draining" etc. it just gets annoying when she legit acts like all she can do is play league because shes an introvert, oh yeah and also if you didnt hear shes really tired right now.

discrepancies
Informer
Informer

Post by discrepancies »

Hippo wrote:I don't think there's anything wrong with spending a weekend by yourself, I do that and I have plenty of fun for myself, and I do think there's a lot of anti-introvert bias in this thread (because culturally we only value extroverts). However, the point has been made that Cat doesn't have anything else going on in her life, and I agree with it. That's the sad thing, not that she spends a lot of time alone. The only thing she does is YouTube, and she really doesn't take that seriously. If she actually made an effort with her channel, it wouldn't be as bad.
I don't think there's any 'anti-introvert' mentality here at all. I'm considered an 'introvert' but, unlike Cat, I don't go around parading it every chance I get. She goes on about what she can't do, how she's supposed to be etc because she's labelled herself as introverted.
Can you photoshop your life with better decisions, Jerry?

GodWarrior
Informer
Informer

Post by GodWarrior »

I'm not "anti-introvert," but I am "anti-Cat," who happens to be an introvert. She also happens to be a woman. And I'm not anti-woman. There is no one else like Cat. Her boring personality is unparalleled.

The reason why Cat has 38 pages, despite having the personality of a wet blanket, is because she has become something of a spectacle. She hangs around otherwise interesting YouTubers (most people, in 2013, find out about her through others' vlogs or collabs), and whenever she is "in frame," there's this nagging, life-sucking sensation. Every video that features Catrific is painful. And it makes you wonder: WHAT IS THIS GIRL'S DEAL? IS SHE FOR REAL? DID SHE GET HIT ON THE HEAD? DO THEY JUST FEEL SORRY FOR HER? I am not a doctor, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cat were a functional coma patient. All she does is walk around numbly, eating, sleeping, and bumbling around.

What is irritating about Cat is that she is so awful, yet she continues to stick around. She just won't quit. She just won't die. Like her name suggests, she seems to have nine lives. NINE VERY DULL LIVES. If I knew Cat in real life, I wouldn't be her friend. So why do I watch her videos? For the same reason that I go to the zoo. Even though I wouldn't actually want to befriend a Capuchin monkey on the daily, I still want to see them every now and then. But I do so from behind a thick pane of glass. Cat is like a Capuchin monkey (except, less cute), and her life is a spectacle for feasting eyes to enjoy. Do I feel bad sometimes? Of course. Like all zoo animals, you can't help but feel that their lives in captivity are boring, repetitive, and mundane. But you can't seem to look away. That's how I feel about Cat.

nichole188
Learner
Learner

Post by nichole188 »

I was watching the road trip to Florida video & noticed she did something weird when she turned the camera back. This was the screenshot I got lmao
Ouch! The only thing worse than a painful tattoo, is a painfully mis-spelled tattoo! #10 is just hilarious. http://bit.ly/13Cyw27

mameha
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by mameha »

discrepancies wrote:
I don't think there's any 'anti-introvert' mentality here at all. I'm considered an 'introvert' but, unlike Cat, I don't go around parading it every chance I get. She goes on about what she can't do, how she's supposed to be etc because she's labelled herself as introverted.
I've only seen a handful of anti-introvert comments on the forum. The people making those comments strike me as the extroverted types who desperately need validation. Just an impression I got.

But yeah, Cat definitely gives introverts a bad name. Her using it as an excuse to write off slacker behavior and to lump introverts into one big category is shitty. Introverted personality types have a hard enough time battling stereotypes in our society....Cat's not helping one bit.

allisoonnn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allisoonnn »

[youtube][/youtube]

ok, YES this is old but I felt the need to post. Who let Cat out of the house dressed like this (let alone get on CAMERA like this)?! & those braided pigtails are only making this horrible look even worse. Aggghhhhh. Her thighs are legit jiggling and her ass is hanging out a bit. WHY.

P.S. It is only worse near the end of the video...

paradisefearsme
Learner
Learner

Post by paradisefearsme »

Honestly, if she lost the cardigan, the romper wouldn't be THAT bad. I mean, she's like a normal person weight. Like, name me three people who's thighs don't jiggle, even a little bit, when they wear shorts or skirts. But I agree with you guys on the hair (like my mom didn't even let me out of the house when I was FIVE with braided pigtails unless it was for dance), let alone now when I'm 18. Cat's what? 24? or 23 in that video? She should know how to do her hair and makeup appropriately for her age.

ohnoshebetterdont
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohnoshebetterdont »

I haven't read all the pages, but what is up with that bald spot in her eyelashes? :D did she rip them out by accident or something?
#BYEFELICIA

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

ohnoshebetterdont wrote:I haven't read all the pages, but what is up with that bald spot in her eyelashes? :D did she rip them out by accident or something?
She has what's called a stye on her eyelid.

mermaid
Informer
Informer

Post by mermaid »

if you look at cats draw my life video she replied to a comment about her and strawburry's web series thing basically throwing some shade on meghan. i mean im not saying it isnt meghans fault if what cat said was true but its clear they arent friends anymore.

Ladycrazy4
Learner
Learner

Post by Ladycrazy4 »

mermaid wrote:if you look at cats draw my life video she replied to a comment about her and strawburry's web series thing basically throwing some shade on meghan. i mean im not saying it isnt meghans fault if what cat said was true but its clear they arent friends anymore.

I saw that comment as well and I honestly I've just unsubscribed from Cat. She has been bugging me for a while but I think it's really unprofessional to make that kind of comment just so she can take the blame off herself. Even if it is true, I doubt Meghan would upload the footage when neither of them aren't friends anymore. But overall, Cat was just annoying me. I could watch her videos and every now and then I enjoyed them, but recently, I just don't see the content. I might have subscribed to her after seeing her in many collab videos with other Youtubers I watch, but I'm definitely unsubscribing because of her lack of content.

Return to “Catrific”