Comic Book Series "HELIOS : FEMINA"

Re: Comic Book Series "HELIOS : FEMINA"

Post by Guest »

I can't get over how badly drawn some of the artwork are in the new chapter, for instance the mother's nasolabial folds are drawn terribly. She's probably going back to rectify this in due time but still she had weeks to prep for this chapter!

lolliesbunny
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by lolliesbunny »

So Bebo told Rhea she can use telepathy. Rhea's like hmm let's give this thing a try BAM instant fluent connection BAM instant reply from her mom Rhea? Telepathy? Ok. Then her mom said I'm down the checkered hall BAM here Rhea is. "Be careful guards are tight" BAM borrowing a tray solves everything. Then when they try to escape Rhea is like I need to find Terra BAM here Terra is. It's just all to easy for a supposedly super difficult situation. This chapter really fucking sucks... And characters are all badly drawn. They are all ugly. Terra looks malicious. Kazu is a useless twat. Rhea just keeps fluking from this time to another... idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cinnamon_Dulce
Talker
Talker

Post by Cinnamon_Dulce »

Why would Rhea tell Kazu to not follow her (even though he still did and was behind her the whole time until she got in the room) then gets super pressed when she couldn't find him and Terra when they were about to escape? She should've just coordinated a plan with Kazu to get her mom and leave. Either the logic wasn't there or this was written poorly, probably both.

Obviously this comic was drawn badly, yet it's more noticeable when we see Ash's place. Everything that was floating in those balls was drawn so lazily it's ridiculous.

Noko
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Noko »

Cinnamon_Dulce wrote:Why would Rhea tell Kazu to not follow her (even though he still did and was behind her the whole time until she got in the room) then gets super pressed when she couldn't find him and Terra when they were about to escape? She should've just coordinated a plan with Kazu to get her mom and leave. Either the logic wasn't there or this was written poorly, probably both.

Obviously this comic was drawn badly, yet it's more noticeable when we see Ash's place. Everything that was floating in those balls was drawn so lazily it's ridiculous.
Definitely poorly written.
These characters have absolutely no resistance in whatever they do. Every plot point is "go directly from A to B"

Like seriously WHAT. THE. FUCK. at Rhea just being like "well this is boring. let me just use telepathy lol. oh hi mum, where r u?" "o I'm just down the hall lol" "cool b there soon luv u".

Also, if her mum was a prisoner, why would these (I'm assuming) highly trained guards let some stranger wander past them right to her door?
I just.. I really want to dissect some of this bullshit because it really is just unfathomable how awful the plot is. I honestly thought the concept had potential and I really think the world has some interesting aspects that could have AND SHOULD HAVE been explored, but the dialogue (paired with the horrible sameface artwork) is just horrendous... there's no emotion in anything they say or do.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Deus ex machina, much? Suddenly she is able to communicate telepathically with her mom. And Terra can control plants.

And what super villain keeps his prisoner where he hosts his party? ON THE SAME LEVEL, EVEN? Shit, at the very least I expect you to keep them in the dungeon or something. And she just waltzes in with a tray of wine? Door ain't even locked. Not even a keypad combination. Mmmmm kay.

You need some creative writing classes, Michelle. Your story telling is all over the damn place. And it doesn't even make much sense. I know you hate when GG peeps tell you things, but take it from some of us who have had formal education in the many areas that you claim to be an expert on.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, CHECK YO' SELF BEFORE YOU WRECK YO' SELF.

Pooka
Talker
Talker

Post by Pooka »

This whole chapter was a series of coincidences.
Rhea needs to contact her mom? Good thing her telepathy power (which I dont remember being mentioned AT ALL) works!
Rhea needs to get into her moms cell? Good thing the invisible guards let her go in without a hitch!
Rhea has to escape with her mom? Oh, theres an open window outside! Not to mention her mom's room wasnt even locked.
Oh no! Rhea can't find the other members of her crew! Never mind, theyre literally around the corner.

Also, totally called Terra's "plant growing" power. Way to be subtle with the naming of characters there michelle :roll:
And you have to love the nonsensical, never before heard of book that Terra just stole from Ash, that will most likely have a huge impact on the plot. Seriously, did michelle just pick that name out of a hat filled with words she likes to use? Crystal Grimoire of Sator? The fuck.

Pooka
Talker
Talker

Post by Pooka »

Just looked up "Sator" . From Wikipedia:

"Sator (the "Sower"), a minor Roman agricultural deity or cult title"

Theres also something called a "sator square" Its a word square containing a palindrome, the first one being found in pompeii. Basically, it has a bunch of magical connotations, and I'm sure the second michelle laid her eyes on it she thought she could include it in her nonsensical list of shit to slip into conversations to make her seem cool and well educated (ie, her whole "flower of life" phase and recharging her water :rofl: :roll: )

Heres a wiki article incase anyone's interested. It took me about 3 seconds to find:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sator_Square

So with this information, I gather michelle is going to use this lame plot device to finish up her horrible story.

atropos
Debater
Debater

Post by atropos »

Pooka wrote:Just looked up "Sator" . From Wikipedia:

"Sator (the "Sower"), a minor Roman agricultural deity or cult title"

Theres also something called a "sator square" Its a word square containing a palindrome, the first one being found in pompeii. Basically, it has a bunch of magical connotations, and I'm sure the second michelle laid her eyes on it she thought she could include it in her nonsensical list of shit to slip into conversations to make her seem cool and well educated (ie, her whole "flower of life" phase and recharging her water :rofl: :roll: )

Heres a wiki article incase anyone's interested. It took me about 3 seconds to find:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sator_Square

So with this information, I gather michelle is going to use this lame plot device to finish up her horrible story.
she's going to use the book to somehow magically fix the earth so it's beautiful and lively again and not the desolate wasteland it currently is. this will probably somehow destroy the rich people place (whatever it's called idk)

catbutts
Informer
Informer

Post by catbutts »

The art, especially in that latest chapter, is so atrocious.... I would understand if this was made by a teenager or younger, but this is a featured ADULT creator comic????????? The story, characters and art are all so juvenile, it makes me wonder what Michelle's maturity level is, honestly.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

The worst frame from that comic in my opinion that sums up how shitty this comic really is:

Much edgy. Such art.

Bebo is at a bar telling a drunken stranger that he's basically a potato.

Also, Sailormoon inspired transformation alert, complete with elongated neck and hyper feminized features.
SO original.

And Rhea's first line after her transformation is (I shit you not)
Hey, Ash-hole, long time no see.

Dismal_bismuth
Learner
Learner

Post by Dismal_bismuth »

Side note I thought this got posted this earlier but apparently not. Brilliant.

uni's pretty much hit me over the head and drowned me with work but I read the latest chapters and wow. The one thing I can say is that the music actually quite fit the chapter - I mean granted I only listened to the latest chapter's music in full and turned off the music for every other chapter (lol) but it wasn't bad. Her music choice comes off as pretentious though tbh. Content wise, the chapters are just as disappointing as I thought they'd be. Rhea saved her mother through one of the worst cases of Deus Ex Machina, which you know, fine. Give the high value hostage no security and literally give Rhea minor complications when saving them *makes sense*

And then in this chapter, Terra suddenly knows how to use that stupid book and of course that spell works out even though she's never tried it before. Also Rhea seemed more worried about Terra falling then she was about her mother's safety. I get that tensions run high and that in situations like this that could be the straw that breaks the camel's back, but with the way that it was written, Michelle made Rhea's character seem too righteous and all "ahh must save everyone because I'm so good".

Bebo's character gets even more and more insufferable as the story goes on. With the way the story was being promoted, Michelle made it seem as though he was a guardian who would train Rhea and help her realise her potential as that mystical all powerful alien songstress~~~~~ (ugh). Instead you've got an annoying fucking space vegetable (totes funny amiright?) who would rather goof around than help Rhea - you know, something he promised the Enchantress he would do.

This whole chapter just bothers me in all honesty. I mean like Trolol showed, there's Mish trying to be all relatable by using the terms fuckboy and calling Ash an 'Ash-hole' (in another forum someone said that it sounds like a Drag Queen name hahaha). In all honesty just shows that she's trying to hard, because if it actually flowed well with the story, then we wouldn't be talking about it right now. So now you've got Alien Sailor Moon Rhea and now she's obviously going to kick Ash (yeah I know I hate myself too) and bada-bing bada-boom Story done. Is this really all she could achieve after a 'creative sabbatical'?

atropos
Debater
Debater

Post by atropos »

I have no idea what the hell happened in this chapter. the music was nice tho

also lol:

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

Ugh. Way to rip off the ingenious movie, Inception.

"shore of our subconscious" / "surface of your subconscious" / waking up on the beach, worn out, etc. and the whole time thing. :roll: :roll: :roll: :FU:

God, this comic is just awful. So awful that I can't even take/critique it seriously. I honestly do not understand how some people are actually fawning over it. ??? :?

From the unoriginality, to the weird/lazy art (whoever inked the mom's face, in particular the shadows...just NO), to the cheesy "I'm allergic to assholes" (or whatever the fuck it was) lines, to Michelle's total lack of professionalism (has she ever ONCE uploaded a chapter on time?) = it's just, BAD. Not to mention the deus ex machina and the terrible pacing.. You know your writing/story-telling abilities are inadequate when your comic is coming to its END and your readers are saying how the story is starting to get good. :rofl: :roll:

Noko
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Noko »

so I guess everyone's just calling Rhea 'Rey' now.

*coughstarwarscough*

Noko
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Noko »

double post but seriously, can this just be a reaction image?
Because this is the derpiest fucking face..

Aug1988
Informer
Informer

Post by Aug1988 »

What training was she talking about? If she's trying to distract us with all the colors from how horrible the story is, it's working.

Aug1988
Informer
Informer

Post by Aug1988 »

What training was she talking about? If she's trying to distract us with all the colors from how horrible the story is, it's working.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

That last chapter was terrible. How can Ash be telling the truth when in the beginning of the story he WANTED TO RAPE HER but then didn't mean to burn down her home? What crockery is this, even?? How can you even make such a person amiable?

There is so much bullshit in this chapter, from the Inception rip off as mentioned by snuffy777, to the Sailor Moon vibe. Bebo making potato puns (IT'S NOT WORKING, STOP TRYING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN) The magic that's supposedly AWESOME. The flow of the story is frantic because it's tryig s hard to cram so much into every chapter before it reaches the end. How come you didn't plan the story from start to finish? Why waste many chapters on like red eyed hunters at the black market? And a shit load of other filler chapters back then.

MESS. ABSOLUTE MESS.

Dismal_bismuth
Learner
Learner

Post by Dismal_bismuth »

lol that chapter was weird. I get that one's moral compass doesn't just stay in good or bad, but Ash being all "soz bro it wasn't me!" really came out of left field. I also don't like how Rhea suddenly became 'Rey' - no one was calling her Rey before, and it's not like these are people that she's so close to that they already have nicknames for each other.

The art is getting worse, which I didn't think was possible. The colour palette is so boring since it's mostly purple and the anatomy of her characters makes me cringe BAD. The eyes are always too far apart and always looks soulless for some reason. I mean if you need an example just look at the screenshot Noko posted and tell me that isn't a thousand yard stare lol.

Last thing I'll say about this chapter is that this whole training sequence doesn't make sense. Why show this after the confrontation was over and not while she transformed? If she ended the previous chapter with Rhea's sailor moon transformation and then started this chapter with the training sequence, then the story would have flowed a lot better. Because then we'd be able to see the struggle that her character went through and what it took for her to get to point where she can wield and use her powers proficiently. I mean it's cliche, sure, but her training will essentially build up to nothing since she doesn't need to fight Ash at the moment.

Dismal_bismuth
Learner
Learner

Post by Dismal_bismuth »

sorry to double post but I just looked at the fanart and most of it was better than hers haha!!

Return to “Michelle Phan”