FleurDeForce - General thread part 12

itsmebitches
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: FleurDeForce - General thread part 12

Post by itsmebitches »

Was that really the dress and hair Tanya chose for her wedding day? Really??? Ok...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

I think her dress looks lovely. Not perfect by any means, but in some of the other pictures she looks beautiful and less rumpled. Her hair on the other hand is just awful. It's a lot like Fleur's was on her wedding day I think, but nowhere near as nice. I can see the look they were going for but the tendrils down the sides just don't work due to her larger forehead and there not being enough hair there. They were maybe more curly at the start of the day and looked better though?

Post by Guest »

runningon wrote:
eileen_2015 wrote:
itsmebitches wrote:She is out of the country for mikes bday. Definitely did not go.

Wonder if that trip was booked before the wedding invitations were sent out or after...... If I was here, I'd want to be out of the country for that time, too...
Is it possible Fleur wasn't invited and planned the trip to make it seem like they didn't attend only because they were out of town? I don't know if Fleur and Mike always leave this time of year or not. She probably doesn't care though I guess not being invited could have been a bit of a hassle to deal with professionally. Mostly the one million questions about why she wasn't invited. lol
It's a milestone birthday, that's why they planned the trip.

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fiercelyprivate »

I was never that impressed with Fleur's wedding...it seemed very cliche to me and had a typical wedding feel what with the 5,000 bridesmaids. It didn't feel classy or elegant. I also really hated how much Fleur pimped out her wedding. As much as I dislike Tanya and hate to admit it, her wedding was :tu: :tu: :tu: I think her dress is beautiful, simple but elegant. The lace detail looks gorgeous on it. Her veil is stunning. The venue, decor... :tu: Not a fan of her hair or Fleur's...I think a soft updo is always prettier than hair just hanging down limp (inevitably curls will fall out).

I wouldn't be surprised if Fleur's trip to Belgium was solidified after Tanya's wedding invitations went out and she didn't receive one :lol: No way was Fleur going to be "home" for this.

Valerine_1806
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Valerine_1806 »

It was a small wedding, and it will be uncomfortable for both of them if Fleur was there. Specially with Ingrid and all Tanya's family and friends around. They are not friends anymore, she dont have to be there. If she was at the wedding , Zoe, Ingrid and Niomi would be like High school girls just talking behind her back. She's better with her husband at Bruges.

Sorry for my english :? .

lipstick jungle

Post by lipstick jungle »

I was never a fan of Fleur's wedding look, that is a personal preference.

I did liked her wedding because it was so old fashionable English and I truly do believe they love each other and their friends and family are very close and devoted.

I like that her own mother did the cake
and that Mike and friends built parts of the venue

But I simply adore Tanya's cake

But I think Tanya looked better- again, personal preference.
Jim's mother looked amazing, Pixiwoo his sisters, dear lord, super bad.

But Tanya did nailed it

some more pics under spoiler tags

lipstick jungle

Valerine_1806 wrote:It was a small wedding, and it will be uncomfortable for both of them if Fleur was there. Specially with Ingrid and all Tanya's family and friends around. They are not friends anymore, she dont have to be there. If she was at the wedding , Zoe, Ingrid and Niomi would be like High school girls just talking behind her back. She's better with her husband at Bruges.

Sorry for my english :? .
Louise from sprinkle of glitter wasn't there, nor was lilly peebles and Anna from Vivianadoesmakeup, etc all from Gleam.

I think they really just took close friends. I don't REALLY get Ingrid, they aren't THAT close, but Zoe, Naomi , their partners, etc they are all pretty close.

I don't think Fleur cares really. I think it would be worst if she had been invited. she isn't close to ANY of them. and never was.
She was close with Tanya but they haven't been for ages.
It's understandable.

Post by Guest »

Can't help thinking it looks like Jim is helping a child cut a very large cake rather than them cutting it together as a newly married couple, sorry.

itsmebitches
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

FleurDeForce - General thread part 12

Post by itsmebitches »

Y'all don't think her dress looks like someone took a thick ivory curtain and draped it across her with no thought to shape or time of year? Ok. Also, her cake is completely bare. There is literally nothing on it. It looked like they forgot it, made one last minute and picked some flowers for it.

lipstick jungle

:lol:

Naked wedding cakes are a thing now. :lol:
https://www.google.pt/search?q=naked+we ... M3&dpr=0.9
I like the cake

I also like the dress.

But it may be the shock. Tanya has such a godamn awful taste that I was expecting something like this

mrmilo
Debater
Debater

Post by mrmilo »

Tulips wrote:Can't help thinking it looks like Jim is helping a child cut a very large cake rather than them cutting it together as a newly married couple, sorry.
You're right. His hand placement is off. I would expect it to be on her lower back. But that's just nitpicking.

I have to agree with the statement that the cake looks bare. It looks unfinished. I personally love the look of Fleur's wedding (especially more so than Tanya and Jim's). And I absolutely love love love the way Mike looks at her.

Tanya also is tightly strapped into that corset dress. Everyone knows she's not that thin. I just don't think the dress does much for her. She looks like she's playing dress up or something. But her veil is gorgeous.

mascaramadam
Learner
Learner

Post by mascaramadam »

I'm not a huge fan of Tanya's dress, but then I didn't really like Fleur's either - the top half didn't do anything for her, in my opinion. Loved the rest of her wedding though. Don't really have much of an opinion on T&J's wedding cause I can't really take them seriously as an adult married couple, Tanya's just too childish, it feels wrong. But I don't know them personally so my opinion could be wildly off the mark.

I did notice that Fleur didn't tweet Tanya and Jim today to congratulate them, though. I'm kinda glad she didn't! Maybe she sent her congratulations privately, maybe not, but I hope she didn't.

itsmebitches
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by itsmebitches »

And I think naked cakes are pathetic looking. Just my opinion but if my friend said she was going to use one for her wedding I would tell her does she want to look like she didn't try to do anything for her wedding? Also, most look like they would taste dry as hell. Might as well make it from a box yourself. Yes fleur's dress wasn't the best by any means and did not even fit her good but it did makes sense for the time of year and didn't look like a curtain or old bedspread.

Winnie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Winnie »

Tulips wrote:Can't help thinking it looks like Jim is helping a child cut a very large cake rather than them cutting it together as a newly married couple, sorry.
Isn't that their whole relationship dynamic? Daddy Jim has to help Toddler Tanya with everything because she can't even use scissors without adult supervision. :?

Post by Guest »

[quote="itsmebitches"]Also, her cake is completely bare. There is literally nothing on it. It looked like they forgot it, made one last minute and picked some flowers for it.

There seems to have been a shift to a more 'back to basics/village fete' trend in the UK these last few years, so, yes, it is a thing right now, including 'naked cakes' lol. The traditional royal icing covered ornate fruit cake may be a little old- fashioned for some now.

pretty belle
Informer
Informer

Post by pretty belle »

I don't think that they got what they paid for (58,000 $ + the dress and stuff like that) at all. I'm not from England and people say that Barbington House is THE place to get married at but tbh if I hadn't known that I'd say it looks like they got married at an old lady's house. Regarding the small wedding vs Fleur's bigger wedding - I think you can't really compare that because Fleur has SO many close friends which she all regularly meets whereas Tanya and Jim are mainly only friends with Youtubers. I know this is preference but I liked Fleur's wedding so much better because as I already said their venue looked so fairytale-like (I also loved the fact that Mike and friends/family helped building it) whereas Tanya's and Jim's venue looked like a cellar (not really romantic). What I also loved about Fleur's wedding is that it was 50% super traditional and fancy and 50% so young and cool. Anyway, as I said I just don't think that Tanya's and Jim's wedding looked liked a 60,000 $ wedding, it was just a bit above average. Though one thing that I liked better about their wedding was that they didn't get married in a church as I don't like churches - they have more of a death vibe and not a happy place vibe to me.

If Fleur would have attended I'm 100% she looked better than this :P

VulpesZerda
Learner
Learner

Post by VulpesZerda »

It's still disgusting to me that Tanya showed up to Fleur's wedding like that (edit: + don't forget the grey cardigan and big stupid bag). :? I'm glad Fleur didn't go to hers and didn't congratulate her (at least not publicly).
Not a native English speaker!

slap
Informer
Informer

Post by slap »

It's the reassuring hand on the shoulder.
"Now Tan, this knife is sharp. Take your time and cut the cake carefully."

:D :P

pops80
Learner
Learner

Post by pops80 »

Tanya and jims wedding looked so boring. Her dress was plain and boring and it looked like a YouTube convention. Fleur and mikes wedding was hands down the winner (since we are comparing)

Post by Guest »

slap wrote:
It's the reassuring hand on the shoulder.
"Now Tan, this knife is sharp. Take your time and cut the cake carefully."

:D :P
...and that look of childlike wonder that she normally has ;)

Return to “FleurDeForce”