icovetthee

biatchyhoney
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

icovetthee

Post by biatchyhoney »

love this lady. she is sooooo gorgeous! i like her taste in products, think she's pretty good at makeup, and hair. just wish she was a little more self-assured.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: icovetthee

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

I just started watching her videos today, and I am hooked. She is absolutely gorgeous, well-spoken, and I also love her taste in products.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Still completely love this girl. Her new haircut looks so great on her. She really deserves more popularity.

mookieloo
Informer
Informer

Post by mookieloo »

I like her personality quite a bit, but she's hawking the same PR freebies as the rest of the UK gurus, and as such I really can't trust her reviews of stuff. I want to like her, though!

CataMaria
Talker
Talker

Post by CataMaria »

mookieloo wrote:I like her personality quite a bit, but she's hawking the same PR freebies as the rest of the UK gurus, and as such I really can't trust her reviews of stuff. I want to like her, though!

I noticed this too, I wondered if she was just easily influenced by them and would go and buy the products they were all raving about, or if she now gets them sent to her. Regardless I still like her; I like her style & how she carries herself!

molticolori
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by molticolori »

Ooh, Alix is one of my favorite gurus. She's wonderful. Even though she does get PR samples, it doesn't even bother me half as much with her because she is so darn likable. She's also gone really far in being comfortable around the camera. When she first began making videos she had this aggravating habit where she kept touching her hair, but now she's just awesome and down to earth on camera. I hope I can carry the same opinion about her and that it doesn't change the same way it has for me with so many other gurus.

mookieloo
Informer
Informer

Post by mookieloo »

She "just happens" to have been able to find a bottle of Pixi glowing toner, but Caroline Hirons is using some now too, and she pretty much only uses shit that's sent to her for free. :(

TRUST NO ONE

thesegirls
Debater
Debater

Post by thesegirls »

I just wait for gurus to mention the product over and over again. The PR samples will always end up in monthly favourites, but the get-ready-with-me videos (or tags) are key to knowing what is actually good.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Did anyone watch her first Vlogmas video? I love the style of it! So many YT gurus think that they are exciting enough to show every day and they are so not. I like the idea of combining the days.

biatchyhoney
Informer
Informer

Post by biatchyhoney »

her bf is SOOOO unenthusiastic/bordering on pissed off looking in the vlog.

Ets387
Learner
Learner

Post by Ets387 »

I can honestly say she is my favorite YouTuber at the moment. She seems genuinely lovely, she knows what she is talking about, and she is great to watch. I love that her looks are all wearable. She doesn't get carried away, all her tutorials look elegant.

Don't even start me on her skin, it's so incredibly flawless and always has a healthy glow.

Also, her blog and YouTube aesthetic with all the soft lighting and pale colors is really nice too. She puts a lot of hard work and effort into what she does.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Did I misunderstand or did she say that she had to eat her pizza before her boyfriend came home and scolded her for it? :?

charorencebrown
Learner
Learner

Post by charorencebrown »

she copies INTOTHEGLOSS.COM

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

charorencebrown wrote:she copies INTOTHEGLOSS.COM
I never realized that but I don't read that site. How does she copy it?

UnicornsExist
Learner
Learner

Post by UnicornsExist »

I love this girl.

rocksplash
Learner
Learner

Post by rocksplash »

We have similar colouring and face shapes, so most of what works for her works for me, woo! I love her brows- our hair is the same color but I've got much lighter brows, alas.

Xojustmelxo
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Xojustmelxo »

I have such mixed feeling about Alix. I used to really like her videos/recommendations on youtube and also her blog, but recently I feel like she is just completely copying ViviannaDoesMakeup. Both with things she buys and her writing style on her blog. If Anna buys something, Alix will too. And it's pretty much always the same sort of review. Meh I dunno. :?

starryeyed01
Learner
Learner

Post by starryeyed01 »

I really like Alix, one of few "gurus" I can still watch

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

I think this girl is great, she has good taste in everything and always looks really good. However, did anyone see her latest hair video? She's using far too much product on her you can almost see the layers of silicone!

Return to “I Covet Thee”