Accessorizing a dress

coach
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Accessorizing a dress

Post by coach »

I'm going to an event soon. I have a dress already, but I'm not sure how to accessorize it. I was wondering if some of the wise peeps over here could give me some advice.

The dress is black lace, with an A-line skirt, a sweetheart neckline and an open back. It's very similar to this one:

But he neckline looks like this:
I'm petite and fairly thin with round hips and a small chest. I'm also pretty tan, if that helps? I'm mostly looking for accesories that will bring a little color to the outfit, since the dress is completely black. The event is semi-formal but there is room for dressing a little quirky. Help me, GG, you're my only hope.
if i ever manage to write a post without typos on the first try i've probably been replaced by a pod person jsyk

chloesssssmith
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Accessorizing a dress

Post by chloesssssmith »

Add a belt and a statement necklace! Choose whatever necklace you love and make it pops since black can goes with almost anything :tu:

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

I'd pick some colourful shoes and some bracelets. Wearing a necklace backwards would look neat too. I'm personally not a huge fan of necklaces with this type of neckline.

coach
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by coach »

Thanks for the suggestions! What sort of belt would you suggest, chloesssssmith?

I'm not sure about what you mean with wearing a necklace backwards, Pastel Rage. You mean like, hanging from the back instead of the chest?
if i ever manage to write a post without typos on the first try i've probably been replaced by a pod person jsyk

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

Yes, think Jennifer Lawrence or Anne Hathaway at the 2013 Oscars.

ritabos
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ritabos »

The accessorizing a dress make it perfect and complete. There are different types of accessories that ladies can wear like earrings, neckpiece, handbags, sunglasses, watches, bracelets and many more.

sookies
Learner
Learner

Post by sookies »

absolutely

Return to “Fashion Discussion”