MsGoldGirl Part 2

addicted2makeup
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MsGoldGirl Part 2

Post by addicted2makeup »

fiercelyprivate wrote:^^You can still take advantage of the rewards programs and not pay something the minute you charge it. For example, if my credit card statement runs from July 2 to Aug 1st. A statement is printed for all expenses incurred in that one month time period. And the balance of $800 will be due Aug 22 (I get 3 weeks to pay it). So as long as I pay $800 by Aug 22, no interest is charged. I pay it once and I'm done.

What Michael does is buy a $50 cabinet on July 2nd and when he gets home that day, logs on and pays $50 to the credit card. Buys $100 in golf balls the next day. Gets home and pays $100 off. So that's what I meant by inefficient and creating unnecessary work. It's just way too anal retentive of a system.
I couldn't agree more with "anal retentive system" comment. What the heck...why wouldn't you wait until your statement due date?! Maybe they had money problems in the past, who knows :? I'm proud to say I don't need envelopes and buckets to keep track of our finances. It really isn't rocket science. I also don't need a $80 planner. lol I wonder what she would do if she had 4 kids and a career outside of the home! I love how she showed us just how busy she is in today's video. She could manage all that on a Chick-fil-a calendar :rofl:

addicted2makeup
Learner
Learner

addicted2makeup wrote:
fiercelyprivate wrote:^^You can still take advantage of the rewards programs and not pay something the minute you charge it. For example, if my credit card statement runs from July 2 to Aug 1st. A statement is printed for all expenses incurred in that one month time period. And the balance of $800 will be due Aug 22 (I get 3 weeks to pay it). So as long as I pay $800 by Aug 22, no interest is charged. I pay it once and I'm done.

What Michael does is buy a $50 cabinet on July 2nd and when he gets home that day, logs on and pays $50 to the credit card. Buys $100 in golf balls the next day. Gets home and pays $100 off. So that's what I meant by inefficient and creating unnecessary work. It's just way too anal retentive of a system.
I couldn't agree more with "anal retentive system" comment. What the heck...why wouldn't you wait until your statement due date?! Maybe they had money problems in the past, who knows :? I'm proud to say I don't need envelopes and buckets to keep track of our finances. It really isn't rocket science. I also don't need a $80 planner. lol I wonder what she would do if she had 4 kids and a career outside of the home! I love how she showed us just how busy she is in today's video. She could manage all that on a Chick-fil-a calendar :rofl: She did say she wouldn't buy the EC planner again...so points for that!

forever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by forever »

wow, is that what they say? That is CRAZY! :o
I just can't see any reasons for doing that other than being very controlling. I can't imagine living with someone like this.... sorry, Marnie.

VanessaVanity
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by VanessaVanity »

Yeah babe lost some sexy points in the latest video. :(
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fiercelyprivate »

Ok wow...omg. It's worse than we thought :o See this person's comment...apparently Michael will transfer the money to a credit card while they are still in the restaurant. Holy anal retentive, control freak. Way to suck the fun out of life :o Is it himself he doesn't trust with money or Marnie??!! That sounds like a real unhealthy obsession, IMO.

EmeraldCity02
Lurker
Lurker

Post by EmeraldCity02 »

Is she confused about horizontal vs vertical? I think she may have mixed them up in a recent video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

forever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by forever »

VanessaVanity wrote:Yeah babe lost some sexy points in the latest video. :(
fiercelyprivate wrote:Ok wow...omg. It's worse than we thought :o See this person's comment...apparently Michael will transfer the money to a credit card while they are still in the restaurant. Holy anal retentive, control freak. Way to suck the fun out of life :o Is it himself he doesn't trust with money or Marnie??!! That sounds like a real unhealthy obsession, IMO.

He totally did. OMG, that is CRAZY with capital letters.

One of the great things about my husband is that he really doesn't want to deal with money/finances. I can't imagine asking my husband for allowances and spending money. If it doesn't bother Marnie, who cares but with my personality, it would not work for me. There is someone out there for everyone. I can see this kind of controlling issues with money can be a huge problem for some people...

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

I have to say that after that video Marnie comes off looking much better or at least I can understand a little bit more about the things she does. For example, I get why she probably started YT in the first place. She probably wanted some spending money since he is so tight with it! I also get why she is so cheap when it comes to certain things like food and her home. Every penny that she spends is tracked and analyzed.

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

PrncssProtnPowdr wrote:I have to say that after that video Marnie comes off looking much better or at least I can understand a little bit more about the things she does. For example, I get why she probably started YT in the first place. She probably wanted some spending money since he is so tight with it! I also get why she is so cheap when it comes to certain things like food and her home. Every penny that she spends is tracked and analyzed.
Yeah, it does make a bit more sense now. While he made it a point to repeat that the exercise was not meant to criticize or judge, you can't help but be extra conscious of every penny when you know it's being tracked that way. Yikes. Like forever said, there is a person out there for everyone but that wouldn't work for me at all. I work and I expect to have the freedom to spend without my husband looking over my shoulder constantly. Of course, we are mindful of each other and our mutual goals but the freedom remains (even if on a technicality). Remember when Marnie first started YT? She was even cheaper than she is now. ALL her beauty products were drug store and she didn't own a single designer handbag. As her YT channel progressed, he started buying her the monogrammed, canvas LV bags (by the way, just how many do you need with the same damn pattern?!). I wonder if he started buying them for her because she was whining about it or if he's the type that likes to keep up with (YT) Jones's. The state of their home (and their groceries) really shows you how cheap they are. The only time they spend money is if it somehow helps with projecting an image of being well-off.

addicted2makeup
Learner
Learner

I must say she is doing a good job at damage control over her comment about people who decorate their planners. However, the more comments she gets the less tolerant she seems to be.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

addicted2makeup wrote:I must say she is doing a good job at damage control over her comment about people who decorate their planners. However, the more comments she gets the less tolerant she seems to be.
Her comment made me laugh so hard because it is so true. Most YTers use them as an excuse to play with cute stickers. It is just that Marnie is the first to bravely (or foolishly) call them out on it. :lol:

addicted2makeup
Learner
Learner

PrncssProtnPowdr wrote:
addicted2makeup wrote:I must say she is doing a good job at damage control over her comment about people who decorate their planners. However, the more comments she gets the less tolerant she seems to be.
Her comment made me laugh so hard because it is so true. Most YTers use them as an excuse to play with cute stickers. It is just that Marnie is the first to bravely (or foolishly) call them out on it. :lol:
Poor Marnie just can't seem to win. I actually feel a little sorry for her because you can tell she is trying to be more like Erin :P
Seriously though, she is doing a lot better with her responses these days.

FLOSSY77
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FLOSSY77 »

:rofl: I loved all her comments to the crazy sticker ladies. Even if I might have been tempted to get an EC and some washi tape. :?
I thought Monday Babetalk was boring? I guess I'll go watch and check out the anal money manager.

EastCoastGlamour
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by EastCoastGlamour »

PrncssProtnPowdr wrote:I have to say that after that video Marnie comes off looking much better or at least I can understand a little bit more about the things she does. For example, I get why she probably started YT in the first place. She probably wanted some spending money since he is so tight with it! I also get why she is so cheap when it comes to certain things like food and her home. Every penny that she spends is tracked and analyzed.
I haven't really watched most of the first Budget video and did not watch the second one at all, but from what I am reading here, I feel that their system is a waste of time and not necessary. Why not pay the bill a little before or right on time instead of worrying about Every single purchase that is made at that very time? They have the funds, so why not budget it that way?

One thing that bothers me about Marnie is that she is cheap with the food she is feeding her family, yet lunches on the regular with her friends. She CAN Afford to feed her family better quality food, yet she chooses to Scrimp and Save on food?? I don't get it. Why not Shop a little less for herself on costume jewelry and clothing to even out the budget. I have been watching for years and her husband has gifted her A LOT of designer bags and shoes, which is fine, but why cheap out on your family when it comes to food? I never understood all the Subway sandwiches for dinner when they are busy..If that's what they like fine..But to me, the cold cuts in those chain sandwich stores are crap and she can do so much better if she went to the grocery store, bought some cold cuts and rolls and asked the kids what they would like and make it herself. I understand being busy and not having the time, but there are better take out options that are at the same price point...
""I only wear Lipstick at night, Lipstick during the day is So Tacky" - Alex, HRH Collection.

lovethesun
Learner
Learner

Post by lovethesun »

fiercelyprivate wrote:Ok wow...omg. It's worse than we thought :o See this person's comment...apparently Michael will transfer the money to a credit card while they are still in the restaurant. Holy anal retentive, control freak. Way to suck the fun out of life :o Is it himself he doesn't trust with money or Marnie??!! That sounds like a real unhealthy obsession, IMO.

This explains why Babe was always on the phone in Marnie's vlogging videos. I always thought he was ignoring her, but the whole time he has been busy transferring money around. This system would not work for me either, way too controlling. I actually feel sorry for Marnie.

SaveLeyla
Debater
Debater

Post by SaveLeyla »

When he mentioned he transfers the money to the cc right away and Marnie commented "pay it while you're still at the restaurant" I laughed because I thought she was making a joke and then she didn't even crack a smile and I was like :? Really.........
Too much.
My husband and I live comfortably and his motto is "you see it and want it, then get it." Of course, you don't go overboard because it's common sense but you really need to enjoy life. Not sit around shuffling money after every transaction. You pay your bills, put money in savings and/or investments and then enjoy living.
When you're on your deathbed you're not going to lay there thinking "I'm so glad I paid off my cc within an hour of each transaction.. such a life well lived".

VanessaVanity
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by VanessaVanity »

Did I misunderstand her or did she say they will have another installment in the budgeting series this Monday before taking a break, then returning to more finance videos? :o C'mon now, aren't there more topics they can cover as a couple than money stuff? Maybe this was a condition of Babe's agreement to participate in the series: He only talks about topics where he's the one in charge? I was hoping for something a little spicier than Money Management 101.

And what's with their vacation? Don't get me wrong I adore NM, Santa Fe is awesome, but I mean they live in South TX, it seems like kind of more of the same-ish to me. Couldn't they get on a plane and go somewhere exotic, or Europe again? I dunno. A hotel outside of Albuquerque just sounded a little meh to me when they could probably afford a lot more interesting/unusual.
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

VanessaVanity wrote:Did I misunderstand her or did she say they will have another installment in the budgeting series this Monday before taking a break, then returning to more finance videos? :o C'mon now, aren't there more topics they can cover as a couple than money stuff? Maybe this was a condition of Babe's agreement to participate in the series: He only talks about topics where he's the one in charge? I was hoping for something a little spicier than Money Management 101.

And what's with their vacation? Don't get me wrong I adore NM, Santa Fe is awesome, but I mean they live in South TX, it seems like kind of more of the same-ish to me. Couldn't they get on a plane and go somewhere exotic, or Europe again? I dunno. A hotel outside of Albuquerque just sounded a little meh to me when they could probably afford a lot more interesting/unusual.
They probably don't allocate enough money for that particular bucket :roll: Something is weird about this "vacation". Was it sponsored? I don't know...she linked to this article she said she wrote on her Twitter and it sounds like a promotion. If that's the case, then that confirms my thought that they don't really have a bucket for travelling. http://www.mode.com/stories/hitting-the ... ue/9768670

And yep...that's what she said. They're going to talk more about money matters. I am honestly surprised more people didn't WTF over that last video they put up. I hate that they're giving the impression that you need to micro-manage everything in order to keep a good budget. I'm sure her husband means well but really...loosen up some. Or a lot.

gossipgirl30
Learner
Learner

Post by gossipgirl30 »

waittt so no one is going to comment on her plumping up her lips??

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

gossipgirl30 wrote:waittt so no one is going to comment on her plumping up her lips??
It's not the first time she's done it. She did it before and it was not that great...she had a lump in her bottom lip. It seems better this time around. Although the top lips still look lopsided to me. They're lopsided naturally but I thought the point of her getting it done was to try to even them out somewhat. Maybe it's just the way she moves her mouth. I have nothing against tasteful plastic surgery but I find I rarely like how lip fillers look on anyone. The only person who I thought looked going having it done was Chloe Morello. Her face suits fuller lips. I don't watch her any longer but last I knew she was only getting the top lip done to balance out her full bottom lip.

Return to “MsGoldGirl”