Luke Conard

Kleineganz

Re: Luke Conard

Post by Kleineganz »

Yay! Thanks for including this thread! :)

sampler
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by sampler »

The creepy euphemism in the title ("Luke and Joey's Third Leg") ended up not just being one of Luke's ridiculous attention seeking titles. He mentions his "third leg" to which Joey replies "that's cocky." I can't believe Luke regularly makes a huge and mocking deal out of not cussing on his channel, because he knows how many prepubescent girls are watching, and then he slips in stuff like this. He should just decide one way or the other if he wants to be an un-corrupting manchild, or if he wants to embrace an older audience and stop acting like he's trying to run some "family friendly" channel.

wellwellwell
Learner
Learner

Post by wellwellwell »

I was blocked from Luke's channel because someone commented "Luke is hot'" to which I asked "Really!?"....that's all it took.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

wellwellwell wrote:I was blocked from Luke's channel because someone commented "Luke is hot'" to which I asked "Really!?"....that's all it took.
That's odd ... admittedly I've mostly been complimentary of Luke, but not always, and once his mom yelled at me about it on twitter and yet he still hasn't blocked me. :scratch:

alcoholicferrets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alcoholicferrets »

Kleineganz wrote:
wellwellwell wrote:I was blocked from Luke's channel because someone commented "Luke is hot'" to which I asked "Really!?"....that's all it took.
That's odd ... admittedly I've mostly been complimentary of Luke, but not always, and once his mom yelled at me about it on twitter and yet he still hasn't blocked me. :scratch:
Well, you're their one defender on this site...I doubt that he'd block you. He is really block happy though! :roll:

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

When it comes to the blocking, I'm curious - now I know Luke has legit blocked some people (I've seen the screen caps), but I wonder if in all cases people were actually blocked by Luke, or were they blocked by some automated YouTube system?

The reason I'm starting to really wonder about that is because I've noticed a couple of my subscribers got blocked (not by me) and even some folks leaving comments were removed for "spam" (and I didn't mark them as spam and before they were removed, they appeared like normal comments to me).

I'm finding YouTube more and more frustrating these days - I can't have even one blip of music on a video (even if I own the license to use it, and *can* prove it), without getting auto-flagged by their content ID system. I wonder if they have implemented a new, more aggressive comment "filter" system as well?

This is entirely speculative based on my experiences. Maybe Luke is personally blocking all those people, I honestly don't know for sure.

BeautyGirl
Talker
Talker

Post by BeautyGirl »

I like Luke. I don't think a person has to cuss or get disgusting to attract an adult audience. If he got that way he would lose me as a sub and many others I'm sure. I like the little sneak jokes like one mentioned. Much better viewing then what's allowed on TV or in films today.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

BeautyGirl wrote:I like Luke. I don't think a person has to cuss or get disgusting to attract an adult audience. If he got that way he would lose me as a sub and many others I'm sure. I like the little sneak jokes like one mentioned. Much better viewing then what's allowed on TV or in films today.
Exactly and I think you're the kind of person Luke is targeting for his audience, not a particular age group specifically. While Luke does have plenty of younger viewers, I'm sure he's got plenty of 18+ gals and guys who are his fans as well.

That being said, I don't watch him because he doesn't cuss (vulgarity doesn't bother me, if it did I wouldn't also be a huge Shane Dawson fan). I watch Luke because I think he's funny and entertaining, and perhaps due to the fact I'm tone deaf, I really love his music. :D

Suspiria
Informer
Informer

Post by Suspiria »

There is a difference between cursing and cursing like a sailor. If it isn't made to be such a huge deal ... guess what ... no one actually cares. Aside from your extremists, really, how is saying shit every now and then, and acknowledging genitalia and sex, going to majorly detract from a "younger" audience? How young of an audience would a youtuber want?

And really, I highly doubt Luke had planned to have a target audience of predominantly preteens either - which I'm guessing has a lot to do with Ingrid, let's not forget. It seems more like he just happened to fall into that because of a)Ingrid b)his 13 year old-like personality and c)obvious drive to keep his channel successful for profit.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

Suspiria wrote:There is a difference between cursing and cursing like a sailor. If it isn't made to be such a huge deal ... guess what ... no one actually cares. Aside from your extremists, really, how is saying shit every now and then, and acknowledging genitalia and sex, going to majorly detract from a "younger" audience? How young of an audience would a youtuber want?

And really, I highly doubt Luke had planned to have a target audience of predominantly preteens either - which I'm guessing has a lot to do with Ingrid, let's not forget. It seems more like he just happened to fall into that because of a)Ingrid b)his 13 year old-like personality and c)obvious drive to keep his channel successful for profit.
His Wrock music also appealed to a wide variety of age groups, including pre-teens. He had built a fan base of over 100,000 subs before Ingrid came along.

losiento
Informer
Informer

Post by losiento »

Kleineganz wrote:That's odd ... admittedly I've mostly been complimentary of Luke, but not always, and once his mom yelled at me about it on twitter and yet he still hasn't blocked me. :scratch:
-_-! you always say that when someone comes here and says they got blocked by him.
you said he actually freaking subscribed to your channel. he knows you. your saying "ohh but he didn't block me" doesn't mean anything.. :evil: :twisted: <---- but why do these evil faces not move anymore haha??? wthh

alcoholicferrets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alcoholicferrets »

Kleineganz wrote:
Suspiria wrote:There is a difference between cursing and cursing like a sailor. If it isn't made to be such a huge deal ... guess what ... no one actually cares. Aside from your extremists, really, how is saying shit every now and then, and acknowledging genitalia and sex, going to majorly detract from a "younger" audience? How young of an audience would a youtuber want?

His Wrock music also appealed to a wide variety of age groups, including pre-teens. He had built a fan base of over 100,000 subs before Ingrid came along.
lol naaaah! He had like 50k subs before Ingrid, then in a month after their first video he had 100k subs and he posted that awful "Eenie Meenie" video with her. You're really exaggerating his previous (individual) popularity! I liked Ministry of Magic since 2007 when I first heard them on MySpace and I listened to their songs on YouTube sometimes, yet I didn't find Luke until like 2011, almost right before Ingrid started appearing in his videos. His views and subs went up tremendously due to it. He was already posting covers of pop songs, trying to move away from the nerdfighters. Then he started covering even more juvenile songs, like JBiebs and Demi Lovato and T. Swizzy...a 30 year old man, come on now! Totally aiming for the teenybopper crowd. That's the only audience that would be into him, any older would have more discerning tastes.
As for blocking people, it's definitely Luke and not a glitch. If it was a glitch, why did so many people who post here get blocked? I was and I can honestly say I wasn't even trolling (I'd admit it if I was too). It was right after he posted some new music video, before minions could come out in full force and downvote a comment enough to trigger some mythical YouTube auto-block.
Also, I saw his new video with Jason and Ryan cause I'm subbed to them. Made me laugh a little, they look like an understaffed boy band wearing primary color shirts. Luke shouldn't have worn that v-neck, yuck. Song's ok.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvELqNFTxcw

MunsterCheese
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MunsterCheese »

I don't really pay much attention to Luke these days, does he still do anything with Jason and/or Alex? Besides live with them, of course. I saw Jason was in his Taylor Swift spoof, but otherwise? Seems to just be Ingrid, Joey, etc.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

MunsterCheese wrote:I don't really pay much attention to Luke these days, does he still do anything with Jason and/or Alex? Besides live with them, of course. I saw Jason was in his Taylor Swift spoof, but otherwise? Seems to just be Ingrid, Joey, etc.
He just released a new music video with Jason and Ryan, and they were all together in Alex's latest vlog where they were did a catch and release of a "giant spider" that was freaking out Ingrid and Joey. It seems that Alex and Jason definitely still hang out with them even though they aren't usually featured in his vlogs much.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

Kleineganz wrote:
MunsterCheese wrote:I don't really pay much attention to Luke these days, does he still do anything with Jason and/or Alex? Besides live with them, of course. I saw Jason was in his Taylor Swift spoof, but otherwise? Seems to just be Ingrid, Joey, etc.
He just released a new music video with Jason and Ryan, and they were all together in Alex's latest vlog where they were did a catch and release of a "giant spider" that was freaking out Ingrid and Joey. It seems that Alex and Jason definitely still hang out with them even though they aren't usually featured in his vlogs much.
Oops sorry for the double post but I remember something else - John Noe worked with Luke to build Luke's web site (http://lukeconard.com/) and I think John is the one of the primary people who works with Luke on Luke's Arcade too. Also they did hang out and work out in his vlog today.

Khaleesi
Learner
Learner

Post by Khaleesi »

So random and it shouldn't even matter (but as a die hard HP fan I notice these things) in his new video (some old ones too) he keeps saying he's a Ravenclaw... Pfffft! Right. I've never heard him even utter anything remotely intelligent, clever, or witty. He's had plenty of stupid and clueless moments though. Just look at him when he was in London and Paris. Nuff' said.

ntl072904
Informer
Informer

Post by ntl072904 »

I was wondering about the blocking of users/comments. Does this affect the number of "likes" a video gets? For example, if I "dislike" a video and make a comment, and I am blocked, does it delete my "dislike" vote as well? It seems that Luke's videos always have an overwhelming number of likes and almost no dislikes compared to the actual comments, so I am thinking that blocking could be his way of canceling out those negative votes?

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

ntl072904 wrote:I was wondering about the blocking of users/comments. Does this affect the number of "likes" a video gets? For example, if I "dislike" a video and make a comment, and I am blocked, does it delete my "dislike" vote as well? It seems that Luke's videos always have an overwhelming number of likes and almost no dislikes compared to the actual comments, so I am thinking that blocking could be his way of canceling out those negative votes?
No, blocking someone doesn't subtract from the number of dislikes, which is why Luke will ask his fans to Like Flood any of Ingrid's videos that are getting too many negative votes to help increase the like to dislike ratio.

jealoushousewife
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jealoushousewife »

Lol people actually like this middle-aged balding guy who can't carry a tune? What a sad life they must lead! :mob:
Moarfail jealoushousewife and I are NOT the same person.

effervescence
Informer
Informer

Post by effervescence »

I never really understood Luke's appeal. :\

Return to “Luke Conard”