ChasingUnicorns
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Re: LVlover cc

Post by ChasingUnicorns »

metoo182 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:07 pm
This is going to sound horrible, and I'm sorry. But watching her latest video....has her English gotten worse? I have taught ESL to students from Asia before and they did not sound this....its the pronunciation. She says "Probrem" like 4 times and each time it hit the ear SO bad. So many other errors standing out. I understand grammar can be difficult, but after living here for so long, isn't your pronunciation supposed to get better? Have any of her friends told her how she sounds and offered to help, especially since she is on a public platform? Oh it sounds SO much worse than it has in the past.

I think it’s just more proof that she doesn’t have any friends or talks to a lot of other adults other than her husband. For people wanting to learn another language, you have to continually converse and practice with others to get the hang of it. This is also going to sound horrible, but since she’s gotten worse, she doesn’t seem to get much mental stimulation on a daily basis. Her grammar from her IG posts alone are rambling and chock full of spelling and grammatical errors.

_bel
Wanderer
Wanderer
Been thanked: 0

Post by _bel »

I notice a pattern...

Buy buy buy!
Post Unboxing videos
love love love...
And then...
Sell sell sell!
you know... anyway...

BPA_FREE_BOTTLE
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by BPA_FREE_BOTTLE »

Look up Seonkyung Longest in YT, also a native Korean... and.. I can understand her better!..hihihi..CC should step up her game

ChasingUnicorns
Debater
Debater

LOL @ NYE outfits, we all know she doesn’t have a thriving social life

_bel
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by _bel »

Notice the changes of her videos, now trying to be more informative and less showing off hauls

Those previously "controversial" videos, all off commenting.

Too many Koreans being secondhand sellers of luxury goods in USA/EU and often being identify as "regular customer" or "vvip customer", she maybe just one of them.

ChasingUnicorns
Debater
Debater

She mentioned her part-time job as something fashion related in Korea, once again very vague. And she helps her husband and dad's businesses on the side. Still not enough to drop all that money on designer stuff continuously without help from the husband. Also I'm shocked she came out and said her love for Caleb was more than her other children while talking about being abandoned by her own mother.. wouldn't you want to give all your love equally to your children if your own mother treated you that way???

spicynachos
Talker
Talker

Post by spicynachos »

ChasingUnicorns wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:07 pm
metoo182 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:07 pm
This is going to sound horrible, and I'm sorry. But watching her latest video....has her English gotten worse? I have taught ESL to students from Asia before and they did not sound this....its the pronunciation. She says "Probrem" like 4 times and each time it hit the ear SO bad. So many other errors standing out. I understand grammar can be difficult, but after living here for so long, isn't your pronunciation supposed to get better? Have any of her friends told her how she sounds and offered to help, especially since she is on a public platform? Oh it sounds SO much worse than it has in the past.

I think it’s just more proof that she doesn’t have any friends or talks to a lot of other adults other than her husband. For people wanting to learn another language, you have to continually converse and practice with others to get the hang of it. This is also going to sound horrible, but since she’s gotten worse, she doesn’t seem to get much mental stimulation on a daily basis. Her grammar from her IG posts alone are rambling and chock full of spelling and grammatical errors.
Maybe she doesn’t have many English speaking friends? They seem to host parties/potlucks for her bible study group but they are mostly Asians..

ChasingUnicorns
Debater
Debater

^Isn’t she Korean, and her husband is Chinese? So do they have separate friends where they speak Korean and Mandarin/Cantonese??

Miumiu8888
Learner
Learner

Post by Miumiu8888 »

ChasingUnicorns wrote:^Isn’t she Korean, and her husband is Chinese? So do they have separate friends where they speak Korean and Mandarin/Cantonese??
I think they probably speak English. Her husband is 100% fluent jn English when you hear him in the background of her videos.
I’m sure they have friends where they speak a combination of their own language and English too- that’s what my friends do personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pj_uk
Learner
Learner

Post by pj_uk »

ChasingUnicorns wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:41 pm
She mentioned her part-time job as something fashion related in Korea, once again very vague. And she helps her husband and dad's businesses on the side. Still not enough to drop all that money on designer stuff continuously without help from the husband. Also I'm shocked she came out and said her love for Caleb was more than her other children while talking about being abandoned by her own mother.. wouldn't you want to give all your love equally to your children if your own mother treated you that way???
Yes that’s because probably Caleb is the cutest. Well that’s subjective but yes I agree weird to say she loves him the most. I don’t think she works much but prob doesn’t need to since her husband is a doctor.
Last edited by pj_uk on Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

pj_uk
Learner
Learner

Post by pj_uk »

Miumiu8888 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:05 pm
ChasingUnicorns wrote:^Isn’t she Korean, and her husband is Chinese? So do they have separate friends where they speak Korean and Mandarin/Cantonese??
I think they probably speak English. Her husband is 100% fluent jn English when you hear him in the background of her videos.
I’m sure they have friends where they speak a combination of their own language and English too- that’s what my friends do personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Her husband sounds so American. I personally don’t think her English is that bad. It has an accent but it’s not terrible. Look out...a big dior haul is coming and looks like she scored a Birkin or Kelly at Hermes from her last vlog.

_bel
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by _bel »

Due to past saga, I think she won't reveal if she return anything anymore lol

Recent videos actually made me uneasy exposing her family especially kids...

ChasingUnicorns
Debater
Debater

Past saga?

_bel
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by _bel »

ChasingUnicorns wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:15 pm
Past saga?
Comments went viral on her YouTube video saying that she always buying and returning, some said she's obviously a reseller. In other words, she's not actually erm... rich? I guess

liuqnart
Lurker
Lurker

Post by liuqnart »

In the past, there were people who presented themselves as having a luxury lifestyle and then started reselling their bags to fans/channel viewers. In the end, it turns out that these luxury lifestyle KOL often sold their "one of a kind bag" to multiple buyers. In other words, they sold fake goods to their fans who believed that they purchased a unique luxury piece from these KOL who were rich and never bought fake. :roll:
_bel wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:52 pm
ChasingUnicorns wrote:
Past saga?
Comments went viral on her YouTube video saying that she always buying and returning, some said she's obviously a reseller. In other words, she's not actually erm... rich? I guess

ChasingUnicorns
Debater
Debater

liuqnart wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:37 pm
In the past, there were people who presented themselves as having a luxury lifestyle and then started reselling their bags to fans/channel viewers. In the end, it turns out that these luxury lifestyle KOL often sold their "one of a kind bag" to multiple buyers. In other words, they sold fake goods to their fans who believed that they purchased a unique luxury piece from these KOL who were rich and never bought fake. :roll:
_bel wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:52 pm
ChasingUnicorns wrote:
Past saga?

:o That does makes a lot of sense why she went through so much trouble with customs after her Paris haul.

Of course she's jumping on the Dior bandwagon now. I just want to tell her to shut her mouth in her thumbnails.

live life
Learner
Learner

Post by live life »

pj_uk wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:44 am
ChasingUnicorns wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:41 pm
Yes that’s because probably Caleb is the cutest. Well that’s subjective but yes I agree weird to say she loves him the most. I don’t think she works much but prob doesn’t need to since her husband is a doctor.
There is no way an internist makes enough to support her spending. Yes, doctors make higher salaries than most, but that doesn’t always equate to high net worth. The way she is spending, she would need to be married to someone on a Forbes list :rofl:

Mistress Hunter
Learner
Learner

Post by Mistress Hunter »

All of these luxury youtubers are in mounds of credit card debt. They are taking out additional mortgages on their homes to fund these purchases. They all have maxed out credit cards. Only morons keep purchasing more and more of these handbags. I own about 15 handbags now. I’m very happy with my collection. They are trying to make people believe they are rich. They are looking very ignorant at this point.

This looks ridiculous.

Mistress Hunter
Learner
Learner

Post by Mistress Hunter »

This is going to be the majority of these Luxury Youtubers in a few months or years.

koala80
Learner
Learner

Post by koala80 »

I don't believe she has a second job. I just think it's just the Asian way to lie because you don't want share how much $$$$ you're bringing in so people don't copy you. I'm Asian so I know how these "white lies" work. Her husband probably told her to make up a job so her followers won't hate her for being so privileged.

I do believe she's making over $25,000 per month on her YT channel. Just like Jerusha Couture. They are basically creating content for people in higher socio-economic backgrounds which equals ads that pay more. I am friends with another designer vlogger who has less views and followers as Charis and her YT channel makes under $20,000 per month. I guess with her Husband's MD salary he's probably banking $250,000 and she's probably bringing in the same amount. TY money does not last forever. Every couple years your ass will get demonetized so she better enjoy her ride now.

Return to “LVlover cc”