The $10,000 Beauty Smartie Showdown Prize?

illuminate
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The $10,000 Beauty Smartie Showdown Prize?

Post by illuminate »

I think more than anything, Megan needs to do a video talking about it. If they haven't sent her the money, she can say that. People are not going to forget about this.

Goat
Informer
Informer

Post by Goat »

illuminate wrote:I think more than anything, Megan needs to do a video talking about it. If they haven't sent her the money, she can say that. People are not going to forget about this.
Has Megan even done a video about the Beauty Smarties Showdown since she won? If so, I surely haven't seen it. But it would be a very good idea to update everyone what is going on with it.

I didn't see Megan mention what charity/charities she was going to or consider donating to. Did she mention any? It would be a really awesome idea to have viewers pick out a few non-profit organizations.

plumberryglow19
Learner
Learner

Post by plumberryglow19 »

I'm not really surprised that Megan hasn't said anything about donating the money. I think she just said she would donate the money so she'd get more votes and win. I think that's pretty stingy on her part, like if you don't want to donate the money fine but at least don't lie to people about it.

byebyebye
Informer
Informer

Post by byebyebye »

she STILL claims to not have gotten the money yet. it doesn't take what 6 months? to get the money. that is the biggest load of BS i've ever heard.

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

I do believe they already paid her because, what well known company would forget to give someone their reward money?

Pinkiegurf24
Debater
Debater

Post by Pinkiegurf24 »

Lets face it.... SHE DID NOT GIVE THE MONEY TO CHARITY! And she most likely won't, and instead used it to buy whatever she wanted to buy ie a car, clothes, a vacation, idk,but she didn't use it for charity..

oxprincessxo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oxprincessxo »

I've lost a lot of respect for her. For someone who has a lot of money, I don't know why she wouldn't donate that amount. How selfish.

Fadia Fiji
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Fadia Fiji »

She only said she was going to give the money to charity because she was losing votes to Laura (xeverygirlx, which by the I think she should have won.). Laura said she needed the money so she can pay for college

Megan commented on Laura's video saying "Don't make this competition about the money, It's much more than that!"
Check the comments replying to her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6BAWXHKpwM

EmKareBear
Learner
Learner

Post by EmKareBear »

I was pretty outraged that Laura (xeverygirlx) didn't win and Megan did. Megan commenting on Laura's video saying it wasn't about the money has no idea how important money is considering she's never had to work a day in her life, unlike Laura. She didn't deserve to win and her donating the money to some charity (that may not even be legit, there are so many bad ones out there) is ridiculous as well and a desperate cry to make herself look good.

JasonRain
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by JasonRain »

Nope no one knows whether she has donated the money or not.

MsBeautyMarked
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by MsBeautyMarked »

Two years ago she had a contest for the best makeup station / organization. I won ( but she never sent me my prize. I emailed her about 5 times and she never responded.

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TaylorKnows »

MsBeautyMarked wrote:Two years ago she had a contest for the best makeup station / organization. I won ( but she never sent me my prize. I emailed her about 5 times and she never responded.
Isn't that considered fraud?

filthyhot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by filthyhot »

Wait seriously? I clicked your vanity tour and it says she commented TODAY when you entered her contest long ago. Obvs she's reading on here but that's pretty shady that you have to post on guru gossip just to get your prize. :?

melisag23
Learner
Learner

Post by melisag23 »

Keep us updated if she did send you your prize! Laura deserved to win over Megan any day. At least Laura would have used it for college expenses.

Two years too late. No integrity whatsoever. Maybe she can "donate" her nude pictures to Hugh Hefner instead of the money to charity. That will make up for her lack of integrity!

MsBeautyMarked
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by MsBeautyMarked »

It's true Megan just posted on my video asking me to contact her, and I have. I don't know the story behind why she never sent me the prize for winning so I don't want to speculate. All I know is that she said I won first place on her Facebook and she messaged me asking for my address. I sent it to her and didn't hear back. I emailed her a bunch of times after and never received a reply. I think her doing right by this will go a long way. Her contacting me immediately shows that she does want to do right by this, so I hope that's the case. In any event, I will update this thread when/if I receive my prize or what comes of this.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

melisag23 wrote:Keep us updated if she did send you your prize! Laura deserved to win over Megan any day. At least Laura would have used it for college expenses.

Two years too late. No integrity whatsoever. Maybe she can "donate" her nude pictures to Hugh Hefner instead of the money to charity. That will make up for her lack of integrity!

Goat
Informer
Informer

Post by Goat »

MsBeautyMarked wrote:I think her doing right by this will go a long way. Her contacting me immediately shows that she does want to do right by this, so I hope that's the case.
Or Megan only contacted you so quick because she got called out on it, especially since it's here. A private message on YouTube would have been much better than a public comment but she wants everyone to know. 2 years is too long to be a mistake.

Also, give me all of your makeup LOL!

MsBeautyMarked
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by MsBeautyMarked »

Just to update everyone. Megan is sending me something of greater value. In all honesty, I believe Megan actually sent the item and perhaps it just didn't arrive, or maybe my emails got buried because of the amount of emails she receives on a daily basis. In any event, for her to step up and correct this after two years is commendable in my books. She could of very easily just ignored this and let it blow over, but she didn't, especially with all that is going on right now, she made a point to get back to me super quickly.

On a side note, I should make a new vanity video because mine has completely changed!

IMO
Learner
Learner

Post by IMO »

Fadia Fiji wrote:She only said she was going to give the money to charity because she was losing votes to Laura (xeverygirlx, which by the I think she should have won.). Laura said she needed the money so she can pay for college

Megan commented on Laura's video saying "Don't make this competition about the money, It's much more than that!"
Check the comments replying to her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6BAWXHKpwM
I agree xeverygirlx should have won over Megan. Especially for the fact that she's way better at make up! But honestly both of them would have wasted the money. Laura said she wanted the money for college, but then dropped out after one semester because she decided it was a waste of time for her!

melisag23
Learner
Learner

Post by melisag23 »

So does anyone know what happened to Hearst and the 10,000 reward? Megan said she would announce the charity she would like to donate to once she received the money. Theories?

Return to “Megan Parken”