Simming Community

deadgirlwalking
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Simming Community

Post by deadgirlwalking »

Hi Everyone, I don't usually come on here but I wanna say Lil Simsie's video on the Star Wars thing annoyed me. First of all it take more than half the video to get to her actually talking about the pack.

THEN she's like moschino is a bad collab idea because the sims is for teenage girls (according to who????) and teenage girls don't like luxury fashion brands (according to who?????) but Star Wars is a good collab because 'everyone like star wars' (sure its popular but, what????????). Like I do think the moschino collab was pretty tasteless and the clothes were ugly However, luxury fashion brands are a thing in real life, and moschino clothes and a fashion photography career are things players might use multiple times in their gameplay. It seems like kayla just thinks it's 100% a bad idea cause she in particular hadn't heard of moschino and doesn't like that pack or branding which fair enough but...own that it's your opinion. but star wars is a good idea because 'everyone like star wars' firstly thats not true and kinda a dumb sheltered thing to say, second, it's a life sim, im sure people are excited to play it cause they like star wars, maybe some will play with this game pack again and again, but I just don't see how it will intergrate with the normal gameplay at all because it doesn't resemble the mundane/wacky world that the sims has always taken place in.

Then the whole thing about how she feels bad for people who are excited for this pack really felt like she was trying to guilt trip people for expressing their honest feelings. their honest feelings about a game they've spent a lot of money on, were the developers would rather add a game pack no one asked for rather than fixing skin tones, adding afro hairs, nicer hair colours, cars, improved babies, you know, things people have been asking for since 2014. seems like kayla is one of those game changers who doesn't really care about the real issues with the game unless it's a trend to speak up about it, she'd rather complain about boxy houses and cowplants than anything people care about. I am getting way too worked up about this but i really just think kayla is being soft on the pack now cause she can make money off of promoting it, but after a month or so she'll be singing a different tune, as a game changer she really doesn't critique the game much. she whines and whines when something isn't to her personal taste but if it doesn't bother her she doesn't say anything.

sorry this is such a messy first message, i'd edit it but im already mad at myself for spending this long writing it.

catmeowkun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catmeowkun »

You're not wrong, she should change her name to lilshillsie at this point. She only spoke about skin tones when peer pressured into it, but moaned for weeks about cowplants and other shit that no one cares about. It's obvious she doesn't really care, most of her sims are white or lighter skinned. Most sims letsplayers who actually care about representing black sims use Mira's melanin pack already and have been telling EA to do better for a long time, they only listen when people like Kayla kick up a fuss, but it was way too little too late.

All these 'game changers' are supposed to represent the community in theory but they have become nothing but infomercials that shame anyone who isn't 100% thrilled about everything EA does. Star Wars has no place in the sims whatsoever and deep down these 'game changers' know it but they care too much about being on EA's payroll.

TS4 is 6 years old and we still don't have disabilities, decent skin tones, a single world that is based off of Asia where literally most of the world's population lives, hotels, cars or even babies that do anything and people like Kayla don't give a shit enough to speak up when it's literally her job, she'd rather suck EA's dick instead.

Just wait a few months and she'll start moaning about this pack is the worst thing ever. She's lying through her teeth and it's obvious. Not everyone likes Star Wars or wants it in the sims. It's. TERRIBLE idea.
Star Wars literally ranked last in a survey of what themes people wanted. Not to mention there are probably hundreds of star wars games out there, even die hard fans do not need it in the sims.

This pack is a shitty tie in of the theme park and nothing else. When I was a kid I used to play club penguin and it used to always have these same shitty tie ins for other disney properties, they made the game way less enjoyable because literally nothing about it fit into the game's universe. This is the same thing. Some shitty shoehorned advertising, a cheap cash grab of a pack that took up valuable resources that should've been used to actually improve the game and satisfy the community for once in the game's lifespan.

messymayhem
Stalker
Stalker

Post by messymayhem »

this is my first post here but after the game packs news i just have a few thoughts. first of all, did you guys see deligracy's tweets yesterday? she said the typical "if you don't like it, don't buy it!" and complained about people criticizing the pack. i find it really ballsy of these game changers to react this way to fans complaining because they get these packs for FREE. and yeah, we don't have to pay for something we don't want and most of us won't! but don't say we're not allowed to criticize the obvious cash grab this is. of course, deligracy was getting dragged for being so condescending and now is taking a "break". lilsimsie was also defending her and after i watched her video, i agree with the other opinions here about how fake she is regarding her first impressions of new packs.

another point i saw discussed on reddit was how out of touch the game changers are from actual players of the game. this goes hand in hand with what catmeowkun said above but what exactly is the point of game changers? are they just so consumers can get a preview of content before a release? or are they supposed to be a middle ground of relaying feedback from their subscribers to the sim gurus so they can implement more of what players want into the franchise? as it's been discussed here, the game changers waited until THIS YEAR to make dedicated videos calling out ea for the lack of skin tones in the sims 4. the game came out in 2014??? and the only reason they did it was because regular players were speaking up more on social media and actually @ing them to use their influence. they always say "we're not paid by ea, we're free to give our opinion whether it's positive or not!" but any chance they get they go full defense mode. with the star wars pack i knew they'd come out with some defensive tweets but JESUS read the room. there obviously is some sort of secret benefit they don't publicize about being a game changer if they're so afraid of being the slightest bit constructive.

SnackerdoodleDoo
Talker
Talker

Post by SnackerdoodleDoo »

The issue with the Star Wars pack most people are missing is that it's a total slap in the face to everything they claim they stand for every time a pack comes out.

So many people are out there saying "this would have been better received if the other issues were fixed". Like, no, you could've given people better babies and skintones and etc, but this pack would STILL be a huge issue.

Everytime they release a pack, what's the one thing they say? "We wanted to make this as accessible as possible and include things that anyone could enjoy" and on and on about how they wanted to make it to appeal to the broadest audience and how everyone can find something to enjoy about a pack....

They know that no pack will appeal to everyone. But they try to appeal to the most players they can. And they are usually right that there is something in a pack to like. Maybe you opt not to get it bc that thing isn't worth the price for you, but most of us can find something we like in any pack, even if the main theme isn't up our alley.

Now, they've totally flipped that and pandered to the smallest group of the fan base with a pack SO specific, you cannot find enjoyment at all of you don't like Star Wars. Hell, even Star Wars fans are agreeing with non-fans that this pack idea is terrible.

And I will bet anything they will try and tell us this is the highest selling pack ever at some point. Like, bullshit it ever will be, but they'll spin that shit like their lives depend on it. Like, yeah, maybe it was the highest selling pack in this one hour window, compacted to every other pack in that same window, that you picked that will fit your narrative, but.... Please.

okay-sis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by okay-sis »

I will find it hilarious if we're able to drive spaceships before cars. But yeah this pack SUCKS.

catmeowkun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catmeowkun »

SnackerdoodleDoo wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:35 pm
The issue with the Star Wars pack most people are missing is that it's a total slap in the face to everything they claim they stand for every time a pack comes out.

So many people are out there saying "this would have been better received if the other issues were fixed". Like, no, you could've given people better babies and skintones and etc, but this pack would STILL be a huge issue.

Everytime they release a pack, what's the one thing they say? "We wanted to make this as accessible as possible and include things that anyone could enjoy" and on and on about how they wanted to make it to appeal to the broadest audience and how everyone can find something to enjoy about a pack....
You're right, that's why it feels like such a slap in the face. We don't have all these things, and that sucks, TS4 sucks, whatever. I'm specifically mad at the game changers like Kayla for crying over cowplants and not bigger issues in the game, then lying through their teeth about packs like this, but I know that this pack is nothing but a cheap cash grab.

So many people (especially the 'game changers') like to reduce the disappointed community to 'just bitching that they didn't get the one thing they wanted' time and time again, but this is a crappy ad for the disney park and everybody knows it. The community (who actually pay for the packs) have the right to be pissed. It's not what players want, we voted against it. It's what EA and shareholders want and it's a transparent, very typical EA move.

Clare was talking about this in her last stream and she couldn't be more patronising if she tried. Like no shit it's a move to please shareholders and not the community, it's an ad for the disney park, EA don't care about the community because we've already spent hundreds on packs and they want new players, capitalism bad, EA bad blah blah. We're not stupid. We are pissed for that exact reason, stop trying to put an ~uwu positive spin~ on it or reduce it down to 'entitled gamers who don't know the industry' :roll: We know the industry and we don't like it. EA has a terrible reputation with consumers for a reason.

She and other game changers can downplay it as much as they want but that's not going to stop the community choosing paralives over TS5 when they're both on the market in a few years because they'd rather support an indie dev than EA.

Not only has EA eroded at the sims community's trust over the years, but they royally fucked off the star wars community with the whole battlefront fiasco years back. This pack is going to alienate people on all sides except the audience who don't already play games, and the communities who have vested interest in these franchises have every right to complain on twitter if they want, because it's the only voice they have. Even then they are always spoken over by game changer shills who want to ~spread positivity uwu~ every time they open their mouths. It's getting old.

RamonaH
Lurker
Lurker

Post by RamonaH »

Also, it's Star Wars. There are tons of Star Wars games out there for star war fans. Honestly, I think the only people who would buy this pack are collecters/completionists.
We are pissed for that exact reason, stop trying to put an ~uwu positive spin~ on it or reduce it down to 'entitled gamers who don't know the industry
Right because it's not like EA has a history of doing stuff like this...Nope, not at all. This is just a one time thing and all gamers are just asshates who don't know anything about the real world. /s

Not everything is positive and sometimes you just can't or shouldn't put a positive spin on things. I hate the positive spin thing, often times it just reeks of the whole 'Well someone has it worse so you can't complain' shtick.

my_gripes
Talker
Talker

Post by my_gripes »

The Positivity Only Crowd upsets me beyond video games. They are the kind of people who help maintain the status quo.

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Merpedy »

RamonaH wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:28 pm
Also, it's Star Wars. There are tons of Star Wars games out there for star war fans. Honestly, I think the only people who would buy this pack are collecters/completionists.
We are pissed for that exact reason, stop trying to put an ~uwu positive spin~ on it or reduce it down to 'entitled gamers who don't know the industry
Right because it's not like EA has a history of doing stuff like this...Nope, not at all. This is just a one time thing and all gamers are just asshates who don't know anything about the real world. /s

Not everything is positive and sometimes you just can't or shouldn't put a positive spin on things. I hate the positive spin thing, often times it just reeks of the whole 'Well someone has it worse so you can't complain' shtick.
Collectors and completionists are a bit of an issue to the franchise imo because there seems to be a fair amount of them to the point where the Sims team can afford to put stuff out and know that whatever percentage of the people playing will buy it anyway. Additionally, I think people are forgetting that kids play this game and I'll go ahead and guess that some of them like Star Wars and will beg their parents for the pack too.

I won't be surprised if the community puts a bit of a positive spin on it if the pack includes something that can be used outside of the Star Wars world. The droid/bot things seem to be a likely contender.

catmeowkun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catmeowkun »

RamonaH wrote:
my_gripes wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:57 pm
The Positivity Only Crowd upsets me beyond video games. They are the kind of people who help maintain the status quo.
Exactly this! Video games are products at the end of the day and EA is a huge conglomerate. The 'don't like it don't buy it, stay positive' crowd acts like these corporations are their friends. Indie developers? Sure, if I'm not happy with something I'll cut them a bit of slack but EA? Fuck no. They're unanimously hated in the gaming community for a reason. They have pissed a lot of people off, including the star wars community (they literally gave EA the world record for most downvotes on reddit, lol) but for some reason in the sims community we have these shills acting like guard dogs, snapping at any negative criticism or demand for basic features, boiling it down to 'wah entitled gamers' or whatever.

At the end of the day, EA, the sims, not to mention STAR WARS which is owned by DISNEY are all brands. Brands are not our friends! Why the fuck should we sugarcoat our feelings about products we pay for! EA could literally drop a literal turd in some of these game changers laps, and they'd still tell us to ~be positive~ or ~keep an open mind~ so we're not ~toxic and negative~ so they can keep making money from shilling the damn piece of shit, and EA can keep selling the community literal pieces of shit.

If all EA sees is ~no negativity just consume product uwu positive vibes only uwu~ they're gonna think they're doing something right and nothing will change. Even the new audience they aim to garner from this pack is going to no doubt be disappointed with the lacklustre game TS4 is.

ooffgegose
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ooffgegose »

deadgirlwalking wrote:Hi Everyone, I don't usually come on here but I wanna say Lil Simsie's video on the Star Wars thing annoyed me. First of all it take more than half the video to get to her actually talking about the pack.

THEN she's like moschino is a bad collab idea because the sims is for teenage girls (according to who????) and teenage girls don't like luxury fashion brands (according to who?????) but Star Wars is a good collab because 'everyone like star wars' (sure its popular but, what????????). Like I do think the moschino collab was pretty tasteless and the clothes were ugly However, luxury fashion brands are a thing in real life, and moschino clothes and a fashion photography career are things players might use multiple times in their gameplay. It seems like kayla just thinks it's 100% a bad idea cause she in particular hadn't heard of moschino and doesn't like that pack or branding which fair enough but...own that it's your opinion. but star wars is a good idea because 'everyone like star wars' firstly thats not true and kinda a dumb sheltered thing to say, second, it's a life sim, im sure people are excited to play it cause they like star wars, maybe some will play with this game pack again and again, but I just don't see how it will intergrate with the normal gameplay at all because it doesn't resemble the mundane/wacky world that the sims has always taken place in.

Then the whole thing about how she feels bad for people who are excited for this pack really felt like she was trying to guilt trip people for expressing their honest feelings. their honest feelings about a game they've spent a lot of money on, were the developers would rather add a game pack no one asked for rather than fixing skin tones, adding afro hairs, nicer hair colours, cars, improved babies, you know, things people have been asking for since 2014. seems like kayla is one of those game changers who doesn't really care about the real issues with the game unless it's a trend to speak up about it, she'd rather complain about boxy houses and cowplants than anything people care about. I am getting way too worked up about this but i really just think kayla is being soft on the pack now cause she can make money off of promoting it, but after a month or so she'll be singing a different tune, as a game changer she really doesn't critique the game much. she whines and whines when something isn't to her personal taste but if it doesn't bother her she doesn't say anything.

sorry this is such a messy first message, i'd edit it but im already mad at myself for spending this long writing it.
kinda sounds like shes "im not like other girls" kind of girl hahahaha Image

Sent from my SM-J330G using Tapatalk

queequeg19
Debater
Debater

Post by queequeg19 »

I'd prefer fall more on the Don't like it, don't buy it (without the spread love and the lack of critiscm which you need to make a product better). It's way better than Buy it even though you don't like it and make a million videos slagging it off even though you are the most basic level of interesting, in content and in persoanlity, and the only thing you have going for you is you are the person that new sim watchers on youtube will find until they realise you are a boring and deeply irritating person who can't even build well and has an ugly ass personlity and comes across all the time as a completely odious person. We all know who falls into that catergory very clearly

my_gripes
Talker
Talker

Post by my_gripes »

^I literally cackled.

SnackerdoodleDoo
Talker
Talker

Post by SnackerdoodleDoo »

Merpedy wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:33 am
RamonaH wrote:

Collectors and completionists are a bit of an issue to the franchise imo because there seems to be a fair amount of them to the point where the Sims team can afford to put stuff out and know that whatever percentage of the people playing will buy it anyway. Additionally, I think people are forgetting that kids play this game and I'll go ahead and guess that some of them like Star Wars and will beg their parents for the pack too.

I won't be surprised if the community puts a bit of a positive spin on it if the pack includes something that can be used outside of the Star Wars world. The droid/bot things seem to be a likely contender.
I fully admit I have every pack and have had everything since sims 1 days - but this will be the first time I say hell no to something and most likely never buy it. $5 on a clearance sale? Maybe, but that's my limit :rofl:

The ONLY things I could see being useful or ok at ALL in this pack is like lightsabers (if kids could use them, and you know that won't happen) bc then your kids could be having play fights in the backyard and that would be ok with me. Or like, yeah, the droids for some households. But that's not worth the price of the pack unless it's seriously discounted and... again.. I doubt kids can do jack shit in this pack

Also - Clare is only kissing their asses bc she thinks it'll get her all the perks of the top game changers. Wasn't she being a brat about the fact that she wasn't invited to an event recently bc it was really only for the top tier GCs and you know her ass felt like she deserved it? :roll: Girl. She has way more entitlement issues than any of the rest of us.

catmeowkun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catmeowkun »

SnackerdoodleDoo wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:49 pm
Also - Clare is only kissing their asses bc she thinks it'll get her all the perks of the top game changers. Wasn't she being a brat about the fact that she wasn't invited to an event recently bc it was really only for the top tier GCs and you know her ass felt like she deserved it? :roll: Girl. She has way more entitlement issues than any of the rest of us.
Clare has been whining for months that she gets less attention than the other GCs. Like no shit she's lower on the hierarchy, all of her whole content is so reliant on mods and CC and she has spent years trashing the in game/maxis stuff. Nothing wrong with liking alpha CC but she's full of shit. I've noticed in her more recent content she's been using more of the in game items when we know damn well she's always hated them.

I think she's suddenly realised that if she uses the in game content and stars blindly shilling and defending EA a la Deli, James and Kayla that EA will treat her better. So she's started making the crawl up EA's asshole.

She really thought she did something with her video. Her fans are small children who think her takes are so 'mature and diplomatic' or 'owning those entitled gamers who don't get capitalism' but they don't see that she's doing the same shit to them so she can stay in EA's good graces. Her whole livelihood rests on the sims doing well especially new packs, so she tried to spin it's cash-grabbiness into a positive instead of what it is so people will buy the pack and watch her videos about it :roll:

Sidenote: Amandabb's video on the subject is hilarious.

minimumgarlic19
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by minimumgarlic19 »

I watched an Lilsimsie video about her crying over "L shaped stairs" in the Sims 4 and I think that her reaction to that is just to either gain attention or reinforce her negative and whiny attitudes as I'm probably sure she is already regretting that she didn't do an "perfect" build with those stupid "L shaped stairs"

marielljyr
Stalker
Stalker

Post by marielljyr »

I don't know if this has been talked about before, but I find deligracy REALLY annoying. She has the most annoying voice and pretends to be dumb

queequeg19
Debater
Debater

Post by queequeg19 »

Vixella's video was basically just looking at the items and saying how good it all was. I feel like the only game changer who gave a decent review was Plumbella. She wasn't trying to sell the product and actually showed how it played and all the points that makes the game fail. She's still under the corperate thumb but at least she isn't going to lie about the pack being crap.

catmeowkun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catmeowkun »

I wonder why Kayla didn't get the pack early...

g1ovanni
Lurker
Lurker

Post by g1ovanni »

catmeowkun wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:44 pm
I wonder why Kayla didn't get the pack early...
yeah, i wonder too. but im sure as hell she's bitter about it haha

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”