Facebook/Instagram/Twitter - Part 18

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Facebook/Instagram/Twitter - Part 18

Post by Chlorophyll »

Trololol wrote:But we're mean for not praising them for being special snow flakes. After all, Michelle worked hard to build her multi million dollar companies to provide jobs for hundreds of people. Woe.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I die laughing every time I hear or read about her pimping this. (I think the first mention of it was around the time she got her honorary degree, wasn't it?) It's like she's trying to sound all tough and Wolf-of-Walstreet-esque....then you imagine her in a room with real CEOs and stockbrokers who would think her new age obsession is cute and sad.
I am most likely not going to be returning to the forum in the future! But I would like to thank all of you for the advise, humor, and support I have received during my years of participation here. This place doesn't deserve the hate it gets! :tu:

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Chlorophyll wrote:
Trololol wrote:But we're mean for not praising them for being special snow flakes. After all, Michelle worked hard to build her multi million dollar companies to provide jobs for hundreds of people. Woe.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I die laughing every time I hear or read about her pimping this. (I think the first mention of it was around the time she got her honorary degree, wasn't it?) It's like she's trying to sound all tough and Wolf-of-Walstreet-esque....then you imagine her in a room with real CEOs and stockbrokers who would think her new age obsession is cute and sad.

you're welcome ;)

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

Homegirl is so deluded.
Do you remember her day at the em office. All she does is say yes or no to swatches :rofl: :rofl:
She didn't build a multimillion brand she's a co founder and a cash cow.
The thing i find the funniest is how she thinks she's so special and important, yet she can't be needed that much if she can jet off to China and Switzerland for months :rofl: :rofl:

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

Home girl looks plastic as fuck here. She looks like she's in her late 30's
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sgirl1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sgirl1 »

amuto_lover wrote:Home girl looks plastic as fuck here. She looks like she's in her late 30's
Can she even make facial expressions?!

angelofdeath
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by angelofdeath »

She looks like she revels in being considered some sort of.....i dunno.....asian Barbie doll or something.
And that's not a compliment.....she looks hard and plastic :? :?

Blazikenblade01
Debater
Debater

Post by Blazikenblade01 »

one current trend has gotten me thinking, cash me ousside. Mostly just the way how everything has been so much since iqqu.
There are many reasons for why Arissa is famous, but "looking like Michelle Phan" isn't one of them~Chiyou

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

lookanothergossiper wrote:
Blazikenblade01 wrote:
lookanothergossiper wrote:Well she did just give 75,000 of her own money to an organization that builds safe houses for children who are victims off sex trafficking. You can say it's for tax write off or whatever, but most influencers have their fans pay, rather, she tripled the amount of every $1.
proof????
Her $75,000 donation helped love146 meet their goal of over 100k for their safe houses. I follow love146 and Michelle is one of the few public figures who aids them genuinely. She's made a few videos for them and has donated $$$ to keep the safe houses running.
https://twitter.com/MichellePhan/status ... 4225741825
It says here her 35,000 was her only contribution.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lookanothergossiper
Learner
Learner

Post by lookanothergossiper »

amuto_lover wrote:
lookanothergossiper wrote:
Blazikenblade01 wrote:
lookanothergossiper wrote:Well she did just give 75,000 of her own money to an organization that builds safe houses for children who are victims off sex trafficking. You can say it's for tax write off or whatever, but most influencers have their fans pay, rather, she tripled the amount of every $1.
proof????
Her $75,000 donation helped love146 meet their goal of over 100k for their safe houses. I follow love146 and Michelle is one of the few public figures who aids them genuinely. She's made a few videos for them and has donated $$$ to keep the safe houses running.
https://twitter.com/MichellePhan/status ... 4225741825
It says here her 35,000 was her only contribution.
I think you may have misread. It says she matched $2 for every $1 up to 35,00 meaning she doubled up to the 35k = 70,000 dollars. So it's correct that she donated 70k

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

Ah thanks for the correction shame she didn't donate the other 5k

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

Since this is pretty much the only active thread, figured I'd post here (hope that's OK!)..

I noticed many of the "big" Ipsy creators are no longer Ipsy creators. Could it be that their contracts ended and Ipsy simply wanted new people? Or is it that Ipsy can't afford to re-sign them? Crazy that Desi and Chrisspy, in particular, are no longer part of the group as they were among the most popular and in demand at Gen Beauty events, etc. I have a feeling Ipsy isn't doing as well as it did when it first started. It was, and always will be a "fast" company solely out for profit; I honestly can't see them still being around in 5 or 10 years, if even that. They never do or offer anything new (like collabs, etc.) to their subscribers and their services are just NOT up to par. You only have to glance through their Facebook posts to see how awful they are at running things- complaints left and right from customers about delayed shipments, missing packages, charges, people not getting what they want despite the fact that they update their profiles/preferences- I mean, the list goes on. :?

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

snuffy777 wrote:Since this is pretty much the only active thread, figured I'd post here (hope that's OK!)..

I noticed many of the "big" Ipsy creators are no longer Ipsy creators. Could it be that their contracts ended and Ipsy simply wanted new people? Or is it that Ipsy can't afford to re-sign them? Crazy that Desi and Chrisspy, in particular, are no longer part of the group as they were among the most popular and in demand at Gen Beauty events, etc. I have a feeling Ipsy isn't doing as well as it did when it first started. It was, and always will be a "fast" company solely out for profit; I honestly can't see them still being around in 5 or 10 years, if even that. They never do or offer anything new (like collabs, etc.) to their subscribers and their services are just NOT up to par. You only have to glance through their Facebook posts to see how awful they are at running things- complaints left and right from customers about delayed shipments, missing packages, charges, people not getting what they want despite the fact that they update their profiles/preferences- I mean, the list goes on. :?
In regards to the Ipsy creators if I was with Ipsy and my channel had racked up a sufficient amount of followers then I'd probably go independent too, plus they've been using Ipsy equipment to film their videos so they'd know what set up they'd need at home.
Plus I think it's better for Ipsy in terms of fresh faces and fresh ideas.
Yep I am always seeing one main issue surrounding Ipsy, the bags do not reflect what the customer wants. The fact that Ipsy is ever growing could be their downfall. Ipsy has over a million customers. How do they customise the bags for their customer? Surely equipment. But they can't customise every single bag, that's why i believe if they continue to grow without finding a way to fix that on going problem, then growth will be their downfall.

lookanothergossiper
Learner
Learner

amuto_lover wrote:Ah thanks for the correction shame she didn't donate the other 5k
How do you know
amuto_lover wrote:Ah thanks for the correction shame she didn't donate the other 5k
I think she did donate the 5k because its stated on there that they amounted more than 120,000 dollars. 50K was donated, coupled with Michelle doubling the 35k which equals to 70,000, and if Michelle said she donated 75k ( even love146 liked that comment, if she was wrong, wouldn't they correct her so she can repost the correct amount? ) then it totals up to $125,000, accurate to they stated " over $120,000.

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

Lol, don't get your panties in a twist, the simple answer to your " How do you know?" is I don't, Which you don't know either.

lookanothergossiper
Learner
Learner

amuto_lover wrote:Lol, don't get your panties in a twist, the simple answer to your " How do you know?" is I don't, Which you don't know either.
I was just correcting your statement that she only contributed 35k when in fact she donated over 70k as stated. No need to attack me. sheesh

Blazikenblade01
Debater
Debater

Post by Blazikenblade01 »

It's her twitter account post, just like anything & everything she posts...its worthless without actual proof.
There are many reasons for why Arissa is famous, but "looking like Michelle Phan" isn't one of them~Chiyou

Return to “Michelle Phan”