Shay Mitchell

whatwut
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Shay Mitchell

Post by whatwut »

Hi everyone, I looked around and didn't see a thread for her.

She's from pretty little liars. She just started a youtube channel and blog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDTtci ... tKNUjkUEPg

What do you guys think? It seems TO edited to me, which makes it look commercial. The appeal of youtube beauty gurus is that it's just a normal girl talking to you.

With her videos it seems like she's putting on an act. Or someone saw that you could make money of youtube, and hired a famous girl to be the "guru" while they do the work.

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Re: Shay Mitchell

Post by Tsubaki »

At first, I was fairly excited but when I watched it, it just feels so removed from the Youtube way of things. :? I have mixed feelings about it. I like videos where it's just her and her life. When it comes to outfit ideas and makeup looks, there's a lot left to be desired.

whatwut
Talker
Talker

Post by whatwut »

Tsubaki wrote:At first, I was fairly excited but when I watched it, it just feels so removed from the Youtube way of things. :? I have mixed feelings about it. I like videos where it's just her and her life. When it comes to outfit ideas and makeup looks, there's a lot left to be desired.
Yea, the videos and makeup were just "look at me put on stuff you can't afford." There's nothing really useful about them. The videos about her life are interesting because she's famous, and it's fun to see what famous people do.

Unicorns
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Unicorns »

I'm not quite sure if she wants to give off that "Youtuber" vibe because if that's the goal, she completely missed it.

The quality of her videos are very good. However, I did expect them to be more personal but they aren't. Some of them are so obviously scripted/looks like she's acting. But if that's what she's going for, then she's got it.

I do like watching them though cause A) I think she's gorgeous, B) I like to get a glimpse into her 'celeb' life (beauty, styling, etc.)

memebelushi128
Debater
Debater

Post by memebelushi128 »

Her videos are pointless idk but i lover her as an actress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oochupaneska
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by oochupaneska »

I think she's been listening to feedback because her videos are more personal and a little less scripted now.

whatwut
Talker
Talker

Post by whatwut »

oochupaneska wrote:I think she's been listening to feedback because her videos are more personal and a little less scripted now.
I went and watched her latest videos after seeing this comment...and she's really annoying. I hate to say it. But she is. Especially her Bali video, it was so pointless. She tries to be so deep.

whocares
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by whocares »

I really don't like this new trend of famous people starting youtube channels.

whatwut
Talker
Talker

Post by whatwut »

whocares wrote:I really don't like this new trend of famous people starting youtube channels.
idk, it was pretty cool when Alton Brown and Gordon Ramsay did it. I feel like you have to actually have something to share though.

karamel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by karamel »

^ if shay did like daily vlogs or behind the scenes of PLL or showed simple ways to recreate her looks then it'd probably be more interesting but most celebrities don't know how to be youtubers its a different type of personality you need to have. you have to be relatable, approachable, basically something fan girls feel like they can achieve and most celebrities aren't that especially someone so uber famous among teen girls like shay is. i think if she can humble it down and be more of shay and not shay the celebrity she'll do better. stop the uber produced videos, sit down with a camera or a vlog camera and be you

memebelushi128
Debater
Debater

Post by memebelushi128 »

That challenge video is it just me or she was super annoying and spoiled ?

whocares
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by whocares »

Her channel is boring. I don't think she watched many youtubers before starting a channel. I don't think she's editing or filming her videos herself, and everything seems scripted. She's trying to be inspirational, but it comes off as fake and tacky like all of those inspirational quotes. Her personality is over the top and boring at the same time, and she comes off as a brat. :?

memebelushi128
Debater
Debater

Post by memebelushi128 »

Yesss she is boring and always surrounded by people who treat her like a child and look after her , plus her videos are too short !

memebelushi128
Debater
Debater

Post by memebelushi128 »

In her last video it was so irritating when she kept hitting the table !

lexibean
Talker
Talker

Post by lexibean »

Her personality is over the top and boring at the same time, and she comes off as a brat. :?
@whocares, that is like the perfect description of her! I can't make it through a video because I'm so bored, but so annoyed with her at the same time lol. That house tour/question video was the only one I made it through and that is just because I wanted to see glimpeses of her beautiful home in sunny LA.

I hate this new celebrity making YT channels thing. I kind of feel like "hey this is our normal people turf, buzz off". But then again that was before youtubers thought they were celebrities too. :?

karamel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by karamel »

she has no appeal to me, she is too manufactured and structured. its like those weird platform videos where it tries to be candid but they're micked up and there is someone filming and they have professional hair and makeup. thats not what i wanna see in a Q & A

whocares
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by whocares »

omg she's even wearing a mic in her q&a video.

I don't like her channel.

I come to youtube to watch normal people talk to the camera while sitting in their bedrooms, not celebrities.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

[youtube][/youtube]

So Shay made a nail tutorial but it wasn't really a tutorial because no one can see the process. She didn't even do a close up of the nails. It was so useless that it bothered me enough to post it on here. Shay's team needs to do more research before doing these videos. People don't go on youtube to watch overly produced and scripted videos. Even in Shay's Q&A videos, she's so scripted. She's so rigid all the time. Her youtube channel is a sad ploy to continue to promote PLL after it has peaked. But her fans eat it up and think she can do no wrong.

muffin
Learner
Learner

Post by muffin »

she is so fake to me ..I love PLL but I've never liked her

c0ffeebeans
Informer
Informer

Post by c0ffeebeans »

For those that don't follow her snapchat, she said she likes to read her youtube comments and gave a couple of shout outs to those that had good ideas for her videos, notably hair tutorial and fashion/wardrobe. I'm actually looking forward to those (hopefully it won't be useless like her makeup tutorial). I agree with someone who said earlier that youtube requires a different type of personality, which is why shay comes off as disingenuous. she's equally annoying in her snapchat so maybe that's just how she is lol, i think she made her youtube channel to promote that website she has with her friend (michaela?) since theyre both co-creators.

Return to “Celebrity”