MakeupByAlli

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has thanked: 0

MakeupByAlli

Post by Emerald »

This girl is awesome and has honest reviews. I like her tutorials.

princess
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

MakeupByAlli

Post by princess »

http://www.youtube.com/user/MakeupByAlli

I think MakeupByAlli is so gorgeous and I love her makeup looks! She has great tips too and I think she deserves more views. I haven't seen a topic about her. What are your thoughts?

Rach2004
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: MakeupByAlli

Post by Rach2004 »

She is great and her makeup always looks flawless!!

cherry_blossom
Talker
Talker

Post by cherry_blossom »

I like her and can relate to her style alot. Her looks are always wearable and her reviews and opinions of products are sincere.

dancingclouds
Learner
Learner

Post by dancingclouds »

shes a nice girl very pretty but for some reason i get so bored during her videos

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

dancingclouds wrote:shes a nice girl very pretty but for some reason i get so bored during her videos
Same here. She is gorgeous and seems sweet, but she cannot hold my attention.

ilovemakeupbyali
Learner
Learner

Post by ilovemakeupbyali »

She's so pretty , prettiest youtuber in my opinion.

hellokitty14
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by hellokitty14 »

love her so much, i feel like she is so genuine and not all about getting subscribers or views!!

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupnewbie »

I think she's cool, and real, but her look is a little Barbie doll in my opinion-a tad manufactured looking. I tend to gravitate towards brunettes and women with a more exotic beauty, but to each their own.

joss33
Learner
Learner

Post by joss33 »

She seems so nice and I trust her opinion above a lot of other gurus, I just think she is more genuine and wouldn't rave about products because she's sponsored by them or whatever.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

Another guru who now sells out for the money. I used to like Alli when I first started watching her, her reviews were honest and she seemed like a down to earth girl. Fast forward to her quitting work to do youtube. She's changed in to some barbie looking bimbo partnered with style haul and is now doing sponsored videos for maybelline with people like scccastenada? Do not want. Another one sells out! Unsubscribed.

socialight
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by socialight »

clairebear wrote:Another guru who now sells out for the money. I used to like Alli when I first started watching her, her reviews were honest and she seemed like a down to earth girl. Fast forward to her quitting work to do youtube. She's changed in to some barbie looking bimbo partnered with style haul and is now doing sponsored videos for maybelline with people like scccastenada? Do not want. Another one sells out! Unsubscribed.
I don't mind people getting sponsored, it's a step up from reviewing products for free. I don't get why everyone gets so mad that someone can make a living off youtube either, look at how long it took her to get where she got to be able to quit her job.

I feel her tutorials and video quality have been more consistant than other 'gurus' on youtube, despite the fact that she is somewhat boring. Alli is no where as bad as amarixe.

I don't feel like she has changed that much since before... maybe I'm just blind lol

oxprincessxo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oxprincessxo »

I really like her as well. She changes up her makeup a lot and, damn her, always looks perfect no matter what she tries. She keeps it fresh and actually has differences from tutorial to tutorial.

OldEnough2KnowBetter
Talker
Talker

Post by OldEnough2KnowBetter »

Did she actually quit her job to focus on YT? She commented in a recent video that she was a graphic designer. This probably sounds stupid, but I'm inclined to believe she's still employed because a) she doesn't travel as often as a lot of other vloggers do, and b) while she doesn't reply to every comment on her videos, when she does reply, it's usually either right after the video has posted, or a few hours later. Also, is she really sponsored by Maybelline, or did she just go on that trip with the other bloggers? I know she likes a few Maybelline products, but she doesn't shove them down our throats like a lot of other vloggers do. Too long; didn't read - I wanna see the receipts!

I like Alli because she's well-spoken and seems genuine, and she obviously enjoys posting videos. While she has a lot of subscribers, she's still kind of a best kept secret on YT. I don't think she's changed that much, either, other than having more confidence as she posts more videos. Also, she still posts regularly, unlike a lot of the larger vloggers, and I like that she still "plays" with her makeup instead of hoarding it to create a makeup "collection." Different strokes and all that, but I think people try to find something wrong with someone as soon as they upgrade to a better camera and studio lighting. Sorry she's not using her laptop to film videos and is a grown, educated woman.

cocoapuff
Informer
Informer

Post by cocoapuff »

I love her videos, she seems intelligent, sweet and funny. Her personality comes across as genuine through her videos and she's good at what she does!

flylikeacg
Debater
Debater

Makeupbyalli

Post by flylikeacg »

Haven't seen a thread on her yet. What do you guys think about her? I really love her videos. She's good at tutorials and she seems really nice and she has variety of products and looks in her tutorials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colleenjk
Lurker
Lurker

Post by colleenjk »

she is by far my favorite "guru" on youtube. i only started watching her videos about 6 months ago so i don't know about her quitting her job, etc but even if she had i don't have a problem with it. she uploads honest reviews and excellent tutorials and doesn't shove sponsored videos/products down our throats. i really don't have one bad thing to say about her!!

norilangdon
Learner
Learner

Post by norilangdon »

She's one of the few gurus I watch who I can't find one thing wrong with. She's sincere, sweet, and she says some things that make me laugh but she does all this without ever being abrasive or exaggerated like some others can be.

I also find that she changes up her looks and techniques a quite a lot, which is incredibly refreshing as it can be boring watching the same person do the same things video after video. She also tries new looks all the time too, so it's exciting watching something different.

I could go on all day, but the bottom line is she's one of, if not my absolute favorite! :love2:

apple197
Learner
Learner

Post by apple197 »

I like this girl, I feel like I can actually trust her. She's genuine and I can handle her voice lol some people on youtube just sound so annoying! She's cute and has other talents besides youtube which I find really cool. I remember her saying in a video that she was a graphic designer. I hope she keeps up with it!

shewassun
Talker
Talker

Post by shewassun »

So, she just posted a video that was completely sponsored by Maybelline... but I actually didn't mind it. I didn't even clue in that it was sponsored until like the fifth Maybelline product she pulled out. The whole video was up to her usual standard, and it felt totally natural, since she's been known to use quite a bit of Maybelline anyways. I think this was one of the best sponsored videos I've seen!

Return to “MakeupByAlli”