Fashionrocksmysocks

bitsandpieces
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fashionrocksmysocks

Post by bitsandpieces »

I haven't been able to find a post on her on the new site so I decided I'd start one. I really used to like Rhiannon, I have been watching her since she first started after stumbling upon her by chance. However I have notice lately that she has turned into what everyone else is. She doesn't seem like she "original" anymore. I feel like most of her videos are sponsored by clothing companies and she doesn't put her own spin on it. I really liked her but now I feel like she doesn't care about the viewers anymore, it's become money. Which is a sad day.

Thoughts?

witheverymove
Learner
Learner

Re: Fashionrocksmysocks

Post by witheverymove »

I used to like her too. I think she's spreading herself way too thin with her online presence. She's got two youtube channels, two blogs, she is doing the galaxy selects thing and from her facebook fanpage it looks like she's gonna set up an online shop as well. I don't think she's putting in the required effort into all of these things for them all to be successful. Why does she need both a personal youtube channel and lifestyle blog? Her personal yt hasn't been updated in months and it seems like that blog is gonna go the same way. She should just have a beauty/fashion yt and a beauty/fashion/lifestyle blog. It would help add some variety to her blog and increase her readership. I remember her saying she works at office (dunno if she still does) and that she goes to college maybe even uni now. God knows how she finds the time esp since it looks like she goes to a lot of blogger events and has a personal social life as well.

bitsandpieces
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by bitsandpieces »

witheverymove wrote:I used to like her too. I think she's spreading herself way too thin with her online presence. She's got two youtube channels, two blogs, she is doing the galaxy selects thing and from her facebook fanpage it looks like she's gonna set up an online shop as well. I don't think she's putting in the required effort into all of these things for them all to be successful. Why does she need both a personal youtube channel and lifestyle blog? Her personal yt hasn't been updated in months and it seems like that blog is gonna go the same way. She should just have a beauty/fashion yt and a beauty/fashion/lifestyle blog. It would help add some variety to her blog and increase her readership. I remember her saying she works at office (dunno if she still does) and that she goes to college maybe even uni now. God knows how she finds the time esp since it looks like she goes to a lot of blogger events and has a personal social life as well.

I totally agree. She doesn't work at office anymore (she just does youtube now) and I think she may still go to college.. I am not too sure though since she doesnt really ever mention it... like she did in the past.

I just think she is slowly selling herself out.

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

I used to really like her. You can tell she tried kissing other popular Birtish gurus' asses but, it didn't work out for her. She rarely makes good videos and they are not the same.

socialight
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by socialight »

Forever Eccentric wrote:I used to really like her. You can tell she tried kissing other popular Birtish gurus' asses but, it didn't work out for her. She rarely makes good videos and they are not the same.
I've noticed just that! She has changed a lot... most of them do after a few thousand subs more.

Nadine
Learner
Learner

Post by Nadine »

I I subbed from her because she just annoyed me, but I watched one of videos recently sponsored by asos I think and they told her to choose baroque items and none of the stuff she chose was baroque, and she tried to justify it. That realllly annoyed me

OhSoFashion
Learner
Learner

Post by OhSoFashion »

She has stopped doing anything fashion/styling related apart from the odd haul or stuff she's just picked up, most of the time she isn't wearing the items she just flashes them at the camera. Every OOTD is Collared shirt, Chunky knit jumper, Leather jacket, Jeans, black brogue boots. Her style isn't really that different or interesting to me. Getting a bit bored. Doing an awful lot of tags and chatty videos lately.

Nutellalove
Informer
Informer

Post by Nutellalove »

Her BF is hot.

witheverymove
Learner
Learner

Post by witheverymove »

OhSoFashion wrote:She has stopped doing anything fashion/styling related apart from the odd haul or stuff she's just picked up, most of the time she isn't wearing the items she just flashes them at the camera.
That's why I unsubscribed from her youtube and her blog. She isn't doing fashion enough anymore and when she does it's so half-assed that I couldn't deal with it anymore.

margielamoi
Learner
Learner

Post by margielamoi »

yeah, she's also butters

supersugar
Learner
Learner

Post by supersugar »

can she cut her bloody hair a bit ?!

amakeupaddict
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by amakeupaddict »

My subscription box didn't have much that interested me so I watched her January Favourites and closed it half way through. Her January Favourites annoyed me because she does all the stereotypical 'guru' things like showing candles, fairy lights etc. I think I've only ever watched two of her videos before and I've been subscribed for ages so I've unsubscribed.

ami1989
Learner
Learner

Post by ami1989 »

Did anyone watch her newest video? It wasn't too bad but I am getting a bit bored of hearing about her boyfriend. Am I the only one who finds him rather full of himself.

woonsim
Debater
Debater

Post by woonsim »

I used to be subscribed to her after watching Jenn's(clothesencounters) swap video with her. But I'm got tired of her channel that consists of nothing but hauls/favorites/tag videos, so I unsubscribed. During the time when I subscribed to her channel, I was expecting some DIY/styling/fashion advice videos(not including the ones she had done in the past) every now and then, but nope, it's just hauls and favorites. I don't have problems with her favorites and tag videos because they can be quite entertaining, but it's the haul videos that I cannot stand. I remember watching one of her haul video and screaming internally when she says she'll be "filming more haul videos" because people "want more haul videos". Firstly, her channel is heavily revolve around hauls. Secondly, her haul videos aren't anything intesting to me - a lot of the things she picked out are always skinny jeans and sweaters. Thirdly, haul videos aren't anything interesting to begin with. Besides, if she prides her channel as a fashion channel, she should do more videos that are fashion related instead of hauls. Long story short, I unsubscribed because she's just not interesting nor does she has the substance/knowledge about fashion.

toadstool
Learner
Learner

Post by toadstool »

Her voice is really really annoying to me so I can't watch her videos. It doesn't seem like I'm missing out on anything though haha.

Renya
Learner
Learner

Post by Renya »

I can't help but notice that when she says 'hauls' it sounds a lot like 'whores'.

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

Watching her vlogs it seems like she really doesn't have the basic life skills that one would expect from a 20 something. Things like managing a house and cooking, in her latest vlog she didn't know how to cook a baked potato in the oven and said how she couldn't finish off what was quite a light meal !

The vlogs are quite tedious to watch, it's just starbucks starbucks starbucks and finding something mundane such as a cooking technique or food to be such a novelty. I would have thought her fashion channel would revolve more around clothes making and accesorizing rather than hauling whatevers on asos's front page.

Her content doesn't really captivate me anymore can you tell.

dazzle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dazzle »

I still can't stand the way she talks.
I'd rather drink a cup of acid after chewing on a razor blade.

segLXI
Talker
Talker

Post by segLXI »

I don't mind the way she speaks, that's just the way she speaks she can't help it :D

But I don't watch any of her vids, ever, anymore. I just find them to be sooo dull, does anybody else find that? She definitely seems like a genuine person but just dull, and her boyfriend also seems soooooooooo dull and boring, dno if that's just cos he's shy on camera or what though.

emr
Learner
Learner

Post by emr »

Anyone finding how she takes her boyfriend absolutely everywhere in her vlogs :| I just watched one when she goes to the boohoo dressxmas party and Doug is there.. does she not have any friends she can take if she has a plus one?

Return to “Rhiannon Ashlee”