Elle Florence

DC17
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Elle Florence

Post by DC17 »

I don't think he cheated. They're still friendly. I would hope that she wouldn't still be friendly if he was a cheater but you never know. I sure wouldn't leave my crap at his place either. Just awkward having to retrieve it after being in another relationship and moving in with the new guy. It didn't sound like her ex did anything to try to help her get the furniture moved out. From what I can remember, he never wanted to be on camera and when we got glimpses of him, he seemed a bit full of himself and not very friendly. Elle is too outgoing and friendly for that. I think that's why she and Joe work. She has her nerdy moments and so does he. I hope it works out for them though I think she's making a mistake moving in with him before having a ring on her finger.

july111
Informer
Informer

Post by july111 »

Has she talked about engagement or marriage, though? Maybe it is not an end goal for her.

Marie_10
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Marie_10 »

Her new apartment is gorgeous! I'm so jealous!

avon87
Learner
Learner

Post by avon87 »

It is...until she stuffs it with all her clutter.

starviolet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by starviolet »

Love the layout except for the bedrooms. How much do you reckon the rent is? No clue about Vancouver pricing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

divinepocky
Lurker
Lurker

Post by divinepocky »

Well.... since it is a gossip site. I'd speculate she wanted to get married and he (the ex) didn't. Of course it's possible to have indiscretions while you're living together but they both seemed to be too busy to have another secret life. His place always seemed too small for the two of them anyway even with renos.

Rent in Vancouver is not cheap... I'd ballpark rent at 3-4K but maybe they both end up saving money or breaking even since you're now renting one place downtown vs two.

Post by Guest »

Vancouver is VERY expensive, if not the most expensive city in Canada. I'd estimate that place is 3,500 - 4,000 a month.

FriedTukeyWings
Lurker
Lurker

Post by FriedTukeyWings »

OK, so... I'm a new subscriber and at first, I thought the lot of you were overreacting. I mean, overall she's "OK". But I've been watching her stuff occasionally throughout the weeks and am almost done with Vlogmas and...

She's kinda annoying?

The French pronunciations didn't bug me at first, but she does it ALL the freaking time. Like, stop. It's starting to come off super pretentious. She has the ugliest taste in shoes, period. But the clothing pieces that she buys are typically cute, but she throws them on and it just looks horrible. She has no idea how to style an outfit. I do not know why, but once she has it all on, it looks dated like from the early 2000's. Her hair is also dated too. Kind of reminds me of Blair Waldorf. All she needs is a headband with a bow on it.

Also, I'm a bit confused by uhh... Her salary? She spends so much money. I'm a white collar working too for a fortune 100, but she has no freaking car which is very odd. I live in Boston and while you don't need a car, I mean... Come on. Walking around everywhere is kind of ridiculous if she has enough money to purchase or lease one. I'm not a fan of her moving in with this dude either.

Ladies, never move in with a boyfriend unless you are for sure getting married! It's a recipe for a disaster. I'm not sure why she has decided to make this poor decision twice without a proposal.

My other complaints, for someone that claims to be so elegant and classy, her apartment is filthy and cluttered. Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that it smells like a litter box. It appears that she only cleans it out once a week with how she complains about it on her vlogs. Really disgusting.

Also, working out in a GYM with no shoes? That's DISGUSTING! All the bacteria and parasites roaming around in public showers? She cannot be that stupid. Girl, get it together.

She doesn't seem like a super clean person. Both household and her personal self. Especially the weirdness about her hair? How can you not wash your hair if you workout like that? I feel like she probably smells. She really needs to work on her hygiene.

Post by Guest »

FriedTukeyWings wrote:OK, so... I'm a new subscriber and at first, I thought the lot of you were overreacting. I mean, overall she's "OK". But I've been watching her stuff occasionally throughout the weeks and am almost done with Vlogmas and...

She's kinda annoying?

The French pronunciations didn't bug me at first, but she does it ALL the freaking time. Like, stop. It's starting to come off super pretentious. She has the ugliest taste in shoes, period. But the clothing pieces that she buys are typically cute, but she throws them on and it just looks horrible. She has no idea how to style an outfit. I do not know why, but once she has it all on, it looks dated like from the early 2000's. Her hair is also dated too. Kind of reminds me of Blair Waldorf. All she needs is a headband with a bow on it.

Also, I'm a bit confused by uhh... Her salary? She spends so much money. I'm a white collar working too for a fortune 100, but she has no freaking car which is very odd. I live in Boston and while you don't need a car, I mean... Come on. Walking around everywhere is kind of ridiculous if she has enough money to purchase or lease one. I'm not a fan of her moving in with this dude either.

Ladies, never move in with a boyfriend unless you are for sure getting married! It's a recipe for a disaster. I'm not sure why she has decided to make this poor decision twice without a proposal.

My other complaints, for someone that claims to be so elegant and classy, her apartment is filthy and cluttered. Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that it smells like a litter box. It appears that she only cleans it out once a week with how she complains about it on her vlogs. Really disgusting.

Also, working out in a GYM with no shoes? That's DISGUSTING! All the bacteria and parasites roaming around in public showers? She cannot be that stupid. Girl, get it together.

She doesn't seem like a super clean person. Both household and her personal self. Especially the weirdness about her hair? How can you not wash your hair if you workout like that? I feel like she probably smells. She really needs to work on her hygiene.
I disagree about the car. Vancouver has pretty good public transport, it's not that unheard of to not have a car there.

I don't know why but she strikes me as the type who is not very wise in relationships. Anytime I see her with her boyfriend (or ex), I can't help but cringe. She lays it on a little too thick and tries to be all cutesy and lovey dovey. Maybe I'm just a cynic but I find it sickening lol, but then again, I'm not a fan of PDA in general. I don't see anything wrong with them moving in together though. Personally, I would NEVER marry someone who I hadn't lived with. I don't think you really know someone until you live with them, and if you're not compatible, I'd rather go through a break up than a divorce. Anyway though, that's beside the point lol.

Her style is seriously lacking. She really DOES look like Blair Waldorf at times - I wouldn't be surprised if she was a huge Gossip Girl fan in general. It definitely falls in line with her other tastes that are supposedly ~super glam~ like Audrey Hepburn and her weird obsession with pearls. She looks so ridiculous sometimes and matronly, even with her expensive pieces like that emerald green Chanel bag. Maybe it's just me but that thing is hideous. She does not look fresh and modern at all.

And on other occasions, she looks like she walked straight out of F21 with all those tops and dresses with horrible prints, ruffles, etc. For someone who portrays themselves as so classy, her personal tastes are so juvenile. It's no wonder her apartment is completely cluttered with all her horrendous sparkly knick knacks and trinkets. Her apartment resembles my 12 year old bedroom.

FriedTukeyWings
Lurker
Lurker

Post by FriedTukeyWings »

AnnaWintour wrote:
FriedTukeyWings wrote:OK, so... I'm a new subscriber and at first, I thought the lot of you were overreacting. I mean, overall she's "OK". But I've been watching her stuff occasionally throughout the weeks and am almost done with Vlogmas and...

She's kinda annoying?

I disagree about the car. Vancouver has pretty good public transport, it's not that unheard of to not have a car there.

I don't know why but she strikes me as the type who is not very wise in relationships. Anytime I see her with her boyfriend (or ex), I can't help but cringe. She lays it on a little too thick and tries to be all cutesy and lovey dovey. Maybe I'm just a cynic but I find it sickening lol, but then again, I'm not a fan of PDA in general. I don't see anything wrong with them moving in together though. Personally, I would NEVER marry someone who I hadn't lived with. I don't think you really know someone until you live with them, and if you're not compatible, I'd rather go through a break up than a divorce. Anyway though, that's beside the point lol.

Her style is seriously lacking. She really DOES look like Blair Waldorf at times - I wouldn't be surprised if she was a huge Gossip Girl fan in general. It definitely falls in line with her other tastes that are supposedly ~super glam~ like Audrey Hepburn and her weird obsession with pearls. She looks so ridiculous sometimes and matronly, even with her expensive pieces like that emerald green Chanel bag. Maybe it's just me but that thing is hideous. She does not look fresh and modern at all.

And on other occasions, she looks like she walked straight out of F21 with all those tops and dresses with horrible prints, ruffles, etc. For someone who portrays themselves as so classy, her personal tastes are so juvenile. It's no wonder her apartment is completely cluttered with all her horrendous sparkly knick knacks and trinkets. Her apartment resembles my 12 year old bedroom.
Did you see her new hideous purchases? This girl needs to lay off the Gucci and Chanel. And, I love Chanel--just not how she wears it.

Also, she did a bedroom tour. I'm not exactly sure why. She should have done it before she started "decorating" (using that term loosely here) the room. The pieces in there just don't match and I'm confused by that large bright and busy pillow. EDITED BY MOD THIS IS A RAVE SECTION PLEASE GO TO TRASH A GURU SECTION TO TRASH THE GURU

summergirl87
Learner
Learner

Post by summergirl87 »

I like Elle but this last video made me cringe so hard with the OTT giggling and fawning on Joe. It weirdly reminds me of a mom asking her embarrassed son to tell everyone how he picked their furniture like a big boy, lol. Their body language is so awkward... he's sitting normally and she's forcing herself into his personal space. Just uncomfortable all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

younoob
Talker
Talker

Post by younoob »

summergirl87 wrote:I like Elle but this last video made me cringe so hard with the OTT giggling and fawning on Joe. It weirdly reminds me of a mom asking her embarrassed son to tell everyone how he picked their furniture like a big boy, lol. Their body language is so awkward... he's sitting normally and she's forcing herself into his personal space. Just uncomfortable all around.
Omg that is the PERFECT way to describe that. I thought the same thing too along with everything else you just mentioned. It was so awkward to watch. I couldn't finish the video. I agree with the posters above as well. Nothing in the room really matches... which is a shame because all their furniture must have been quite pricey.

divinepocky
Lurker
Lurker

Post by divinepocky »

I'm not sure why people in general are obsessed with owning houses and cars. I wish I could live in a city where I don't need a car to get around. Also owning in Vancouver is ridiculous. For young professionals especially if you're not committed to an area/size (thinking ahead for family) it really doesn't make sense to buy. I have a lawyer friend that wants to get a townhouse in West Vancouver and it's looking like 1.5 million.

Not loving the hauls lately. Especially the shoes. The last Chanel and Chloe flats are crazy expensive for ballet flats.

Even the clothes haul, not loving them but I do like the try-ons because they surprise me. There are things that I would never pick up in store or online but watching her try them on does change it for me even if 80% of it doesn't work for me.

I think at some point I stopped watching her for fashion advice but more lifestyle advice. It's motivating to see how much she accomplishes in a day (cooking, gym, crafts, etc).

The amount of shopping she does is pretty intense. I wonder if she'd ever consider doing a capsule wardrobe, even for a season.

Post by Guest »

She doesn't seem like a very smart shopper... she always has things that don't fit or right or that she barely wears in these clear out videos. What's the point of buying something if it doesn't fit? She used to have about 5 DVF wrap dresses that were too big but she bought them anyway just for the print. Anyone who knows anything about fashion is that perfect fit is the number one rule. How dumb can you be?

Once again, full of matronly clothes and hideous prints. Her style is so mind boggling. What's with that birdcage necklace? looks like something I bought at Claire's accessories when I was 12. Her hair and makeup is kinda refreshing though, nice to see someone not morph into the Kardashian look for once.

Is there a trash thread for her? I can't find one.

spankcat
Informer
Informer

Post by spankcat »

AnnaWintour wrote:She doesn't seem like a very smart shopper... she always has things that don't fit or right or that she barely wears in these clear out videos. What's the point of buying something if it doesn't fit? She used to have about 5 DVF wrap dresses that were too big but she bought them anyway just for the print. Anyone who knows anything about fashion is that perfect fit is the number one rule. How dumb can you be?

Once again, full of matronly clothes and hideous prints. Her style is so mind boggling. What's with that birdcage necklace? looks like something I bought at Claire's accessories when I was 12. Her hair and makeup is kinda refreshing though, nice to see someone not morph into the Kardashian look for once.

Is there a trash thread for her? I can't find one.
viewtopic.php?f=166&t=31741

Post by Guest »

Thank you :P

DC17
Learner
Learner

Post by DC17 »

AnnaWintour wrote:Thank you :P
You're welcome. 8-)

live life
Learner
Learner

Post by live life »

Does anyone know anything about her relationship with her dad? I have been subscribed for a while and I don't believe she has ever mentioned him? Just curious....

july111
Informer
Informer

Post by july111 »

I have had the understanding that is has always been just Elle and her mom, as in, her father was never a part of her life. I'm quite curious about her background, too.

live life
Learner
Learner

Post by live life »

july111 wrote:I have had the understanding that is has always been just Elle and her mom, as in, her father was never a part of her life. I'm quite curious about her background, too.
I had that understanding, too. I was just wondering if she ever knew her father or if he passed away when she was young. I didn't start watching her until 2014, so I was justwondering if she ever mentioned him previously.

Return to “Elle Florence”