screaming_midget
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Celebrities with overrated looks

Post by screaming_midget »

^ :rofl:

I've also heard him described as a melting Dennis Quaid, which is by far the funniest description of him that I have personally heard.

LazyGaga
Talker
Talker

Post by LazyGaga »

I call Cumberbatch "Lizard Overlord" in my head. He truly does resemble the human form of a lizard to me.

Also, guys finding Ariana Grande hot is kinda creepy to me because her image is very "girly" and innocent and Lolitaesque, so when I look at her, I keep forgetting she's 21 and see an 11-year-old; and I freak out mentally at the idea of guys finding an 11-year-old hot, for obvious reasons (like I know she isn't really 11, but she does look like it). I swear she looked much more mature when she had red hair and was on Victorious. She looks like she's aging backwards now.
I am Jack's inflamed sense of entitlement.

cherrise
Debater
Debater

Post by cherrise »

Ed Sheeran!! eewwww :barf:

also, horrible singer :roll:
∫∫ truth and out ∫∫

kingOfGossip
Talker
Talker

Post by kingOfGossip »

Really everyone. You put a celebrity in the mall, they will look like everyone else.

[/highlight][/color][/size]

Fruitbatz2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Fruitbatz2 »

kingOfGossip wrote:Really everyone. You put a celebrity in the mall, they will look like everyone else.
Lol, so true. Most celebrities are just normal people wrapped up in pretty packaging. Yes some are naturally attractive. But they can also afford all kinds of surgery and such to look "naturally" beautiful or hot. Plus when they photograph "celebs without makeup", theyre usually still wearing some makeup...

In tv and movies all of the actors and actresses look "larger than life" so people just start to think they're more attractive than they are. They also have a name attached to them and their name becomes a brand. It's like they're selling themselves. The lighting, makeup, wardrobe all transforms them.

I think a perfect example of someone who's looks are overrated is Taylor swift. I mean look at photos of her from when she was younger, with curly hair and no professional makeup. She looks way conventionally hotter now- the cutest dresses and shoes, the straight hairstyle, the makeup. If she stepped out with her natural curly ass long hair and blue jeans people would just think she's average looking

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

Taylor Swift has a rodent face. I keep wondering when the public are going to wake up and she'll fade into obscurity like Hilary Duff, but it seems like we'll be stuck with her for too long. I may just be stabby because that stupid Keds had keeps playing before and several times during commercial breaks watching Dragon's Den on Youtube, and you can't skip through; the annoyance is fresh.

Justin Timberlake is not attractive and an average singer at best.
Hilary Duff - other than the fact that she's slim after having a kid, I don't get the sudden interest or love for her again.

aauball
Learner
Learner

Post by aauball »

I pretty much agree with what kingofgossip and Fruitbatz2 said. In fact, I've had this line of thinking for a long time now. If you look closer at some of the "hottest" celebs these days like Taylor Swift or Katy Perry, they really do look normal if not for the fame. In fact, I think that's what separates them apart from like 99% of all people on earth. If you're famous people will instantly think you're hot, like you're an exception even if you don't wear makeup at all. I remember the time when I saw this pic of Scarlet Johansson without the makeup and she looked every inch of an average college girl. But to my surprise, most people were like "omg she's hot" "still would bang 10/10" but one comment from a user was like "If this were an ordinary person most people would say she's ordinary but since this is scarjo she's hot". And I couldn't agree more. I really think that celebs have a brand and a name that makes it easy for the media to shove them down on our throats by bombarding us with their mind-shaping articles promoting their appearance when you wouldn't originally think they were hot at all. If I didn't know they were famous and I just happened to pass them in a mall or something I'd probably not take a second look.

eyeseeyou
Learner
Learner

Post by eyeseeyou »

Ok so this isn't much about looks or a real celebrity.. but can I just talk about the most overrated ass! Ever! Jen Selter!
Her actual ass muscles aren't even that big, she literally just has a toned ass with spinal lordosis aka exaggeeated lumbar curve, she basically has a spinal defect that makes her booty pop and everyone's like 'dat ass!' What!?! Sorry I just wanted to get that off my chest...

Bones_G2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Bones_G2 »

KATE UPTON
The beauty community has become the HSN of YouTube

LeahTheBallerina
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by LeahTheBallerina »

Emma Watson. I work ad a performer and she came through as a regular guest and I was shocked how boring she looked. It is not a common for me to want to yawn when looking at some one...but damn..

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 »

Bones_G2 wrote:KATE UPTON
ugh YES! her face is cute (I don't personally find it gorgeous but I sort of understand if others do) but her body is like a man's body except 2 big saggy boobs :roll:

Post by Guest »

This mighthave been already discussed but I I always thought Victoria Beckham look rather dull and has overrated looks. Without the money or fame, there's nothing special about her look.

Post by Guest »

Ariana Grande is another one. The whole overly-sexualized look she was trying to pull off honestly doesn't work for her, plus she looks twelve for someone who's at least 24 years-old.

I will say though--is it just me, or did she gain a decent amount of weight in her video for No Tears Left to Cry? Maybe it was also what she was wearing or the camera angles and whatever, but she looks at least eight pounds heavier, if not ten.

proverbs_
Informer
Informer

Post by proverbs_ »

Ashley Benson!
Not only does she look super pedestrian, but since she got so chubby, she really reminds me of a trailer park mom look wise (nothing against trailer park moms though) :|

damelocarne
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by damelocarne »

Jessica Biel doesn't do it for me.

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 »

i find scarlett johansson strange, like almost ugly :o :o

Post by Guest »

Lily Rose Depp. My brother's obsessed with her but she literally always looks like she got *maybe* five hours of sleep and doesn't want to be in class. At least she put on some much needed weight given that she initially looked like she was dying of starvation in her early modeling days.

ghostmytoaster
Learner
Learner

Post by ghostmytoaster »

I agree with what everyone is saying about Ariana Grande. I think naturally, she's cute, but she has a fake tan, fake hair, everything fake. It's just not something I find attractive.

Iedera
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Iedera »

Bella Thorne, Jennifer Lawrence, Reese Witherspoon

anythinggoes
Debater
Debater

Post by anythinggoes »

Females: Cara Delevingne (always thought she looked like a man), Emma Stone (quite homely), Jennifer Aniston (has a very long chin), Scarlett Johansson, Dakota Johnson, Emma Watson,Lily Rose Depp, KYLIE JENNER, Selena Gomez, Anna Kendrick, Florence Pugh, Behati Prinsloo, Helena Christensen, Ashley Benson, Kate Moss, Cate Blanchett, Saoirse Ronan.

Males: Harry Styles, Benedict Cumberpatch, Noah Centimeo, Timothée Chalamet (always thought he looked like Natalia Dyer's twin, very feminine for a man), Brad Pitt, Dacre Montgomery, Channing Tatum,Joe Keery, Zayn Malik, Eddie Redmayne, The Rock.

Return to “Celebrity”