Negin Mirsalehi

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Negin Mirsalehi

Post by gossipy locks »

Diet Prada shouted out influencers who went to mdlbeast in Saudi Arabia. The Saudi government paid influencers six-figure amounts of money to attend the festival as part of their image-rehab campaign. Of course, they are rehabbing their image from the murder of a Washington Post journalist, anti-LGBTQ laws and the oppression of women in the country. And guess who is there posing and dancing as if they were at #RevolveAroundTheWorld or Coachella? Yep, our very own Negin and her bff Romee. Aimee and Camila are NOT there. Emily Ratajkowski turned down the trip and issued a public response as to why she declined to go and why she felt it was important not to be supportive of the Saudi government, especially in this way, at this time. You would think that Negin, with her growing beauty brand and Iranian roots, would be more sensitive to these kinds of issues but I guess that would be asking for too much. I've lost all respect for Romee, she literally does nothing but workout, take pictures and walk around with her security blanket of a boyfriend. I've seen her happily falling more into the influencer sphere and here she is, too dumb for it to even occur to her that this could be a bad idea. At least Negin has more than that going on for her but I'm still sorely disappointed in her that she's acting as dumb as Romee on this occasion. I think she's motivated by the YT and IG clout she gets from that friendship so she didn't stop to think more for herself before accepting the trip and money.

Babe_Vogue
Talker
Talker

Post by Babe_Vogue »

Preach! Also, if there is some truth in the older=wiser stereotype, Negin should set at least some example to Romee, but they perfectly compliment each other’s vanity. I guess they are quite hungry for money, and they both have their boyfriends as security blankets 100%, they seem like the type of women that present themselves as independent but can’t function without their boyfriends.

Amsterdaaam
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Amsterdaaam »

I just saw that Negin and Romee's instagram posts were featured on the Dutch news, it was an item about criticism infuencers are receiving for supporting that saudi festival. I was really expecting them to get a lot more heat for this to be honest. They probably won't achknowledge the criticism anyway.

Brunette_
Informer
Informer

Post by Brunette_ »

Babe_Vogue wrote:Preach! Also, if there is some truth in the older=wiser stereotype, Negin should set at least some example to Romee, but they perfectly compliment each other’s vanity. I guess they are quite hungry for money, and they both have their boyfriends as security blankets 100%, they seem like the type of women that present themselves as independent but can’t function without their boyfriends.
I always had the feeling that Negin is VERY calculated. I actually think her “friendship” with Romee is a strategic move, and not a genuine affection. Same with this festival. Negin took a perfect opportunity to gain access to rich Saudi public. As for Mau, imho he is a submissive in this relationships. Negin is clearly an A-type personality and a narcissist. The sole purpose of her social media presence is self-admiration of her facetuned to the brim image.

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

Brunette_ wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:32 pm
Babe_Vogue wrote:Preach! Also, if there is some truth in the older=wiser stereotype, Negin should set at least some example to Romee, but they perfectly compliment each other’s vanity. I guess they are quite hungry for money, and they both have their boyfriends as security blankets 100%, they seem like the type of women that present themselves as independent but can’t function without their boyfriends.
I always had the feeling that Negin is VERY calculated. I actually think her “friendship” with Romee is a strategic move, and not a genuine affection. Same with this festival. Negin took a perfect opportunity to gain access to rich Saudi public. As for Mau, imho he is a submissive in this relationships. Negin is clearly an A-type personality and a narcissist. The sole purpose of her social media presence is self-admiration of her facetuned to the brim image.
This sounds 100% spot on. I think that's why I'm way more annoyed with Romee being at the MDL fest. I mean, it's a bad look for Negin, too, but it feels right that it would be a calculated move on her part. She had a lot of comments on her IG posts welcoming her to Saudi and thanking her for coming and people saying they were so happy to see her in their country. Does Gisou ship to Saudi Arabia yet?

Brunette_
Informer
Informer

Post by Brunette_ »

gossipy locks wrote:
Brunette_ wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:32 pm
This sounds 100% spot on. I think that's why I'm way more annoyed with Romee being at the MDL fest. I mean, it's a bad look for Negin, too, but it feels right that it would be a calculated move on her part. She had a lot of comments on her IG posts welcoming her to Saudi and thanking her for coming and people saying they were so happy to see her in their country. Does Gisou ship to Saudi Arabia yet?
Not yet, but I’m sure they’ll find the way now. Like, open up their next pop-up store there, or somewhere close enough, just over the bridge, in Bahrain to avoid social backlash, but still get into the market.

sandam
Learner
Learner

Post by sandam »

That throw back picture with her natural curly hair how her hair is only nice due to ironing, styling etc and the gisou thing is so fake... what else is new?

wish she had her curly hair I think it was gorgeous!

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

So do Negin and Aimee Song hate each other, or what? They're on the same trip with Revolve in Tokyo and Negin hasn't posted a single thing about Aimee's line, they haven't had any pictures together or tagged each other in anything. Or maybe I just missed something?

birdsong
Informer
Informer

Post by birdsong »

gossipy locks wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:44 pm
So do Negin and Aimee Song hate each other, or what? They're on the same trip with Revolve in Tokyo and Negin hasn't posted a single thing about Aimee's line, they haven't had any pictures together or tagged each other in anything. Or maybe I just missed something?
I don’t think you missed anything but I could be wrong. Tbh if it’s not promoting herself, she won’t post. Someone pointed out a while back she didn’t go to Camila Coelho’s Revolve collection party in Brazil though they’re supposed to be friends.

lucy70
Learner
Learner

Post by lucy70 »

birdsong wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:19 pm
she has gotten her freckles lasered off though so it doesn’t make sense she’d leave that one
When did she say that?

lucy70
Learner
Learner

Post by lucy70 »

Still waiting for the curly hair tutorial...

birdsong
Informer
Informer

Post by birdsong »

lucy70 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:11 am
birdsong wrote:
she has gotten her freckles lasered off though so it doesn’t make sense she’d leave that one
When did she say that?
she posted an IG story of her getting them lasered off

lucy70
Learner
Learner

Post by lucy70 »

birdsong wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:59 pm
lucy70 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:11 am
birdsong wrote:
When did she say that?
she posted an IG story of her getting them lasered off
Wow I didn’t know you could get freckles lasered off

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

lucy70 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:13 am
You mean, you're still waiting for the second curly hair tutorial, right? She promised another tutorial of the other way she curls her hair but maybe she's saving that one for whenever she actually releases her new curling iron. Although she got so much backlash last time, would she really risk that kind of timing?

lucy70
Learner
Learner

Post by lucy70 »

gossipy locks wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:11 pm
lucy70 wrote:
You mean, you're still waiting for the second curly hair tutorial, right? She promised another tutorial of the other way she curls her hair but maybe she's saving that one for whenever she actually releases her new curling iron. Although she got so much backlash last time, would she really risk that kind of timing?
So it seems she will only do a curly hair tutorial when there is a product to release. Ffs

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

lucy70 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:48 am
gossipy locks wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:11 pm
lucy70 wrote:
So it seems she will only do a curly hair tutorial when there is a product to release. Ffs
Well, she did a curly hair tutorial late last year, without releasing a product. But she used a curling iron that was supposedly a prototype for a Gisou curling iron they are looking to release this year. She got some backlash for that even though she didn't hype the prototype at all during the vid. She said she has two ways of curling her hair, showed one in that video and promised a tutorial of the other technique. I'm just guessing that she's waiting until she can actually talk about their new iron.

birdsong
Informer
Informer

Post by birdsong »

she tries waaay to hard to seem woke/ environmentally conscious / politically correct when she’s not. she went dog sledding and made some IG stories telling everyone how she did her research beforehand, the dogs are treated well, they need exercise, etc. she even posted some negative comments and responded she’s switched to a plant based diet. yeah right negin :roll: i won’t forget she wore an ostrich feather dress after making a point to preach against wearing fur

birdsong
Informer
Informer

Post by birdsong »

birdsong wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:49 pm
she tries waaay to hard to seem woke/ environmentally conscious / politically correct when she’s not. she went dog sledding and made some IG stories telling everyone how she did her research beforehand, the dogs are treated well, they need exercise, etc. she even posted some negative comments and responded she’s switched to a plant based diet. yeah right negin :roll: i won’t forget she wore an ostrich feather dress after making a point to preach against wearing fur
sorry for the double post but i’d LOVE to know if she “did her research” on saudi arabia and “spoke to the owner” of mdl beast before she promoted it?? or does that only apply to animals? all this for one negative comment she received but no response to the music festival backlash...

staliban
Learner
Learner

Post by staliban »

If Negin really cared about dogs, she'd start with her own. It's not a good idea to buy a dog (adopt don't shop) and then leave it with family while you travel the world.

Brunette_
Informer
Informer

Post by Brunette_ »

Queen of a not-so-subtile photoshop
How insecure one has to be to keep digitally enhance every bit of themselves?

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”