Eugenia Cooney

SilentDreams
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Eugenia Cooney

Post by SilentDreams »

Smokeye, you need to take a look at a before and after pic. There's severe weight loss that's happened, she's never been this thin. Also her level of energy and her movements are very different from the past. She now looks like she's a little bit hunched over... It's so sad.

If she dies and YouTube didn't do anything about it, especially with the millions of comments that are littered throughout her videos of young people saying they want to look like her, well they will face serious scrutiny. It's like many of you've said, they have allowed this covert pro ana channel to exist for so long and it has affected the lives of many young people and never once encouraged her to get help. If anything at least her network should have been reaching out with words of concern. People will be more outraged than they are now if the worst is to come and yt will have to at least make a statement.

This is so awful because I was hoping she'd make it out of this somehow... Unfortunately, soon she'll be dried up and wheelchair bound like Ashley if she's not dead. What a horrific end for such a beautiful girl.

randomMcRandom
Informer
Informer

Post by randomMcRandom »

MadKat9517 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:36 pm
What do you guys think will happen if/when she dies? How will YouTube (and the general media) respond? Do you think much will change? She's far from the first famous person to deal with ana/mia, but she may be the first in recent memory to succumb to it publicly. Every other famous person I can think of who's dealt with ana/mia eventually got better. Except Karen Carpenter but that was back in the 70s.
everyone will hem and haw for awhile about how "something should be done" but then go back to eating popcorn while watching people who are clearly mentally unstable humiliate themselves and exacerbate their own mental and emotional instability for a YouTube paycheck (Trisha Paytas, GlitterForever17, Charles Gross, etc).

SereneSelenophile
Informer
Informer

Post by SereneSelenophile »

SmokeyEyeLover wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:17 am
Guys, I understand your disagreement and frustration because well, she's frustrating for avoiding the elephant in the room, which is herself. This just my own take of her situation, maybe I'll change my mind later on. I'm not denying anything, it's more than obvious that there's something wrong with her and how she never talks about food is strange. If you are convinced she's anorexic and has the knowledge to back up your beliefs, I respect that. As far as I'm concerned, she's been this skinny since she was very young.
She has less body mass than Isabelle Caro did at the at the end of her life and Isabelle Caro was 54lbs. Have you not seen her latest video or instagram post? Image

Eugenia on the left, Isabelle on the right.

I showed the photo of Eugenia to my Mother, she said "That girl is pretty but people from concentration camps looked healthier." if that doesn't really send home the message that she's extremely sick and this isn't "since she was a child" then I really don't know what will and I think you may be a troll.

Kartoffel
Talker
Talker

Post by Kartoffel »

SmokeyEyeLover wrote:Guys, I understand your disagreement and frustration because well, she's frustrating for avoiding the elephant in the room, which is herself. This just my own take of her situation, maybe I'll change my mind later on. I'm not denying anything, it's more than obvious that there's something wrong with her and how she never talks about food is strange. If you are convinced she's anorexic and has the knowledge to back up your beliefs, I respect that. As far as I'm concerned, she's been this skinny since she was very young.

Tell me one „physiological illness“ that she could have.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

SmokeyEyeLover wrote:
Kartoffel wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:12 am
SmokeyEyeLover wrote:Seriously, her channel should be part of Adult Swim, it's the perfect parody of a TV show for teens, her extreme thinness adds the disturbing touch.

How can she upload videos of herself wearing such provocative outfits for strangers to see and not expecting them to be shocked by her appearance? While everyone is concerned for her, she just avoids the elephant in the room altogether. Where is this girl's self-awareness?
This is the kind of questions we should be doing, her AND her mother's naivety and ignorance for not seeing the risks they were going to take, who came up with the idea of creating the channel and who's controlling it.
Instead, we're speculating about her supposed eating disorder and mental illnesses which are probably non-existent. Telling her she's going to die won't to do anything, is a very disturbing and insensitive thing to say, specially when we don't know whether she has an ED or not. Imagine yourself waking up and reading those comments. That may be another reason why she beats around the bushes when asked about her appearance, I'd be overwhelmed too.
Besides this, she and whoever is involved should have known the consequences of exposing herself looking like that on the internet.
What the hell? Are you really saying she might not have an ED? Do you think a healthy person looks like that? Lmao i think you need glasses Image

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Actually, I DO wear glasses XD

I'm not saying she's healthy, clearly she's not. My point is that we don't know if she has an ED, just because she's skeletal looking dosen't mean she's Anorexic. EDs are mental illnesses, a fat person can be anorexic and a thin person can binge eat, what a person looks like dosen't indicate he/she suffers from one, it's determined by their relationship with food. Maybe Eugenia actually eats and dosen't like to show it on camera, that's fine. For some people eating is an intimate moment. She could have some metabolic/physiological disorder that prevents her from gaining weight, but it's hard to say due to the lack of information we have from her.
You proudly wrote this like this doesn’t make you look crazy lmao

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

Sad when someone can really come into a thread when Eugenia is on the brink of death to troll.

midnight
Informer
Informer

Post by midnight »

There is no "physical illness" that makes you this thin. And if there is. No sane person would continue to film themselves as if everything is fine "Hey guys! Haha, I'm fine (gasps for breath), (red legs aka signs of heart disease), (looks at the viewfinder not at the audience, feels up bones to make sure she is still THIN) I'm fine!" If she truly had an ilness (which she DOESN'T btw) any reasonable person would, at the very least, issue out a statement in this regard if they don't want to describe the ilness because of a privacy issue. Because any sane person can tell that people's conerns don't die or go away if you go "haha everything is fine!" and offer nothing, it is basic logic. Come off it dude, she's literally in the endgame in regards to HER LIFE.

People have been voicing their concerns about her weight for years because this mental ilness has been plaguing her FOR YEARS. Even the trolls "she should eat a sandwich lel" have been converted to holy shit this is not ok. People have been saying for a while now that if she doesn't beat this she will die, and this is the first time (her last cosplay video) when I genuinely feel this has the potental to become reality. I don't like her, don't hate her either, never been a fan. But I can only imagine how someone who is actually this girl's fan feels right now. I like looking at trainwrecks once in a while because of a little thing called schadenfreude that us human have (names like trisha paytas and amberlynn reid come to mind) but this... no dude, just no. Even if I was never her fan, I don't wish to see a tragedy.

I really wish she'd get help but people have been theorizing it might atually be too late now even if she did, she did too much danage already. And this... this is a scary thought.

WalterMitty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WalterMitty »

I think she's probably in the hospital. I looked up the options in MA are there are several dedicated ED Clinics and a private hospital. Given that long message above and the queued video from Eugenia, it makes sense. I hope that is the case and she is getting the help she needs. If her mother lied that she had 'moved away', then that is quite worrying in itself. Her Twitch has no videos on it and as you know, she has been unverified on YouTube. She hasn't just 'moved out' as her mother goes everywhere with her (Carer) But she could be in a facility. Time will tell.
WalterMitty: 'An ordinary, often ineffectual person who indulges in fantastic daydreams of personal triumphs'. Delusions of Grandeur. They imagine they are people of great importance: Politicians, Celebrities, Entrepreneurs, Movie Stars.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

WOW i hadn’t seen any of her in months and she lost so much weight since the summer. I do hope she’s in a facility and not something worse. Eating disorders are horrible and incredibly difficult to manage.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Yeah, she has never been this skinny. She doesn't have the type of disease like Lizzie Valasquez (I think that's how you spell her name?) has, where she's been skin and bones since birth because she can't gain weight. This is the oldest video posted on Eugenia's channel, which is from 5 years ago:

She was still disgustingly thin there, but you can see a big difference in that and the last video she posted.

SereneSelenophile
Informer
Informer

LiddlePallid wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:02 pm
Yeah, she has never been this skinny. She doesn't have the type of disease like Lizzie Valasquez (I think that's how you spell her name?) has, where she's been skin and bones since birth because she can't gain weight. This is the oldest video posted on Eugenia's channel, which is from 5 years ago:

She was still disgustingly thin there, but you can see a big difference in that and the last video she posted.
Also the disease that Lizzie has makes you blind in one eye or both most of the time if memory serves me. It's also incredibly rare, again if memory serves me Lizzie said only like 9 people in the entire world have it or have had it.

peachiez
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by peachiez »

Something else worth showing:old pictures of Eugenia. I'm unsure exactly when the date is for these pictures but you can tell it's not recent.

Her arms in the second picture remind me of when I was at my thinnest growing up. I've never had an eating disorder but I was underweight to the point where people were convinced I did have one.

kb925
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kb925 »

I understand the person doesn't want to speculate about someone's health, but this is a situation where it's the only thing that makes sense. Her entire channel is dedicated to the proana thing.

What everyone is saying is accurate. She constantly does body checks. She has noticably lost weight since the summer. She never mentions food or drinking, even though she has done hours of streaming and what not. It's almost like she pretends she doesn't need food to survive because she's a fairy or something lol. Not trying to joke, but honestly she acts like she's a Tim Burton character and not human who needs food and water.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

SereneSelenophile
Informer
Informer

peachiez wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:08 pm
Something else worth showing:old pictures of Eugenia. I'm unsure exactly when the date is for these pictures but you can tell it's not recent.

Her arms in the second picture remind me of when I was at my thinnest growing up. I've never had an eating disorder but I was underweight to the point where people were convinced I did have one.
It honestly breaks my heart to see the difference..

SweetLikeCinnam0n
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by SweetLikeCinnam0n »

MadKat9517 wrote:
What do you guys think will happen if/when she dies? How will YouTube (and the general media) respond? Do you think much will change? She's far from the first famous person to deal with ana/mia, but she may be the first in recent memory to succumb to it publicly. Every other famous person I can think of who's dealt with ana/mia eventually got better. Except Karen Carpenter but that was back in the 70s.
There’s been a lot of models who died of Anorexia since Karen Carpenter but they didn’t really make a splash in the media for some reason. I think Eugenia’s death will make a big impact. I can see it already....news headlines “why did no one help this girl?” , “why did YouTube and instagram ignore public outcry?” I don’t know what mental gymnastics YT and IG will use to rationalize their inaction... if they had a good PR person, they’d be doing something now so I’m not expecting much of a response. I do hope her mother will come forward and do an interview to explain what went on and why Eugenia never got help.

Edit: oops didn’t realize we made a whole new page since this, I had the tab open all day and thought no one replies came in haha

Ammnesia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ammnesia »

SweetLikeCinnam0n wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:39 pm
MadKat9517 wrote:
There’s been a lot of models who died of Anorexia since Karen Carpenter but they didn’t really make a splash in the media for some reason. I think Eugenia’s death will make a big impact. I can see it already....news headlines “why did no one help this girl?” , “why did YouTube and instagram ignore public outcry?” I don’t know what mental gymnastics YT and IG will use to rationalize their inaction... if they had a good PR person, they’d be doing something now so I’m not expecting much of a response. I do hope her mother will come forward and do an interview to explain what went on and why Eugenia never got help.

Edit: oops didn’t realize we made a whole new page since this, I had the tab open all day and thought no one replies came in haha

YouTube would be put under sooooo muchhhh shiittt if she did pass away.

Ammnesia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ammnesia »

If she has passed away, I think we would know about it by now. She has been in the spotlight for awhile now and someone would have found something I feel like someone would know and say something. It makes sense she is being quiet while in treatment just the fact that she wont be allowed on social media or if she told everyone where she was it will probably put more pressure to get it right the first time, also she would be admitting to it all. I really hope she's getting treatment and will come out of this with a new outlook

Also her local police posted this

peachiez
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by peachiez »

At best: Eugenia dying will be a learning experience for youtube not to let people document their deaths on youtube. At worst (and the most likely): people will talk about Eugenia being gone for a week then we'll never hear about her again.

Acciolatte

Post by Acciolatte »

Ammnesia wrote:If she has passed away, I think we would know about it by now. She has been in the spotlight for awhile now and someone would have found something I feel like someone would know and say something. It makes sense she is being quiet while in treatment just the fact that she wont be allowed on social media or if she told everyone where she was it will probably put more pressure to get it right the first time, also she would be admitting to it all. I really hope she's getting treatment and will come out of this with a new outlook

Also her local police posted this

The amount of social media folks saying the cops should be able to commit any adult for being any kind of mentally ill really cant see any reasons that would be a horrible idea.
If it were possible to section her for this, you could also section substance abusers. And you should hear the heartbroken parents who wish they could do that. But adults have autonomy. we dont live in a world where your asshole relatives that dont like your choices could just arbitrarily decide that your mental illness requires hospitalization. Thank God we dont. Unfortunately that means sad shit like eugenia happens.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

As much as I don't like her and think she is in denial for WAY too long, jumping to her 'is she dead?' just because she's a couple days off social media is a little bit overthetop. Most of the criticism are correct about her, but sometime I feel some people are just mean 'with good intentions', you know in the same way they would taunt an obese person OVER and OVER on how he/she is fat and then 'but I just CARE about he/she health' etc.

Return to “Eugenia Cooney”