Hollister

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has thanked: 0

Hollister

Post by Emerald »

Does anyone shops here still? I know some people that still goes here, but it doesn't seem as popular as it used to be.

vegasazhure
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hollister

Post by vegasazhure »

IMO, Hollister/A&F are a somewhat dated commodity. I know plenty of people still shop there, but their business model and way of branding themselves are very out of touch with what women (and to the same extent men) want as a whole.

I mean, just their CEO's comments about the "type" of people (young, thin, rich, attractive) who should be wearing the clothes served as a major turnoff even for people who fell into those categories. Add in the fact that their sales people are just glorified models, and there is absolutely no service provided when you go into the stores and it makes choosing the brand difficult when so many options exist.

In my opinion they would do well to restructure and come up with a better way of doing business. I read only today that they are attempting to do just that, after taking major hits to their profit margin; I guess we'll have to see if it will be enough. In my area alone I know of a few Hollister/A&F store that have closed, so it might be too little, too late. :|
angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night - Ginsberg

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

To be honest I'd like Holister a bit more if the store wasn't pitch black with music blaring and mirrors everywhere you turn, you have no idea the amount of times I have stubbed my toe or walked into a mirror. And one time I bought a top which I thought was grey but when I went home I realized it was orange. :?
and yeah the models in the store makes me feel insecure and uncomfortable and the 15 year old girls having a fit because of guys with the pecs and the six pack's are outside of the store just makes me facepalm , come on ladies, we probably all think about throwing our underwear at those hotties but we have to keep our composure because we'd look like horny psychos.

Nikon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nikon »

I only buy my jeans there. Sometimes I'll order some Gilly Hicks stuff from Hollister online as well. I feel their clothing line is outdated, like the shirts that say Hollister in huge letters and the dresses that are way too short.

I have a friend who is a big fan and buys shorts that arent even her size from Hollister, just bcs she loves the brand even though her butt cheeks are hanging out =/

ruby_x
Informer
Informer

Post by ruby_x »

I like the styles of some of the clothes at Hollister/A&F, but unless there's a sale I don't go there. The quality really isn't that great for the price

supernovs
Learner
Learner

Post by supernovs »

I only buy their jeans/jeggings, I like that they have the option of short cause its hard to find jeans that fit properly when you're petite

teeheeheehee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by teeheeheehee »

Outdated perhaps. But i still wear their big HOLLISTER/A&F shirts, I only get them on sale for $5-$10 each, and wear them hiking because they're so terribly made and so thin, sweat just goes straight through them and evaporate :P And because of their horrible quality, they're lightweight and cooling. :P

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

I had for the longest time some Hollister cotton dresses. So soft and comfy! but I'm 22 and look kind of silly wearing Hollister. But if I ever need any dresses to wear on lazy days or to the beach I usually look there.
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

balletslippers
Informer
Informer

Post by balletslippers »

I hate that they don't really offer anything for us bustier-skinny chicks. I'm a size small in shirts but if I try on a medium in their stores, my bust is in a full house. If I buy a large, then the stomach area is too big and I look pregnant. :?

Mar2013
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Mar2013 »

I sometimes shop there, I like the sweaters, jegglings, and dresses! I don't always shop there though just because the items never last.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

I went into one of their stores a few weekends ago. They actually have some pretty cute clothes, but as always, they're so ridiculously small that I can hardly find anything that'll fit properly.

here4thegoss
Learner
Learner

Post by here4thegoss »

I buy the t-shirts in the sale because they are incredibly soft...but I only wesr them to sleep in!!
the joys of trolling ;)

mousecakes

Post by mousecakes »

I bought a pair of sweatpants there when I was in high school and they're still my favorite to this day. Never been there since, but I'd prob go back to get another pair like the ones I have if these got ruined or lost.

kpgirl
Informer
Informer

Post by kpgirl »

I never shop at Hollister, but I saw sweatpants I wanted from there. They are called Skinny sweatpants , but have a barely bootcut at the end. I might buy a pair lol...Even though I stopped wearing ''Brand Names" (ex. Aero and PINK).

devilsadvocate
Debater
Debater

Post by devilsadvocate »

I actually like Hollister. I don't wear their jackets, but their jeans, [short] sweat pants and tshirts are really comfortable. Granted, I wouldn't really buy anything from them unless it's on sale, but that's just me. I'm one of those awkwardly short people who are "average" but don't fit in normal people sizes, so the 00 and 0 from Hollister were perfect for me.
Sorry if I do something wrong, still new to this site. Feel free to correct me. :)

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

I went into Hollister yesterday wanting to buy a dress and one of the girls who worked there was so unbelievably rude to me that I left without buying anything. I understand working in retail and dealing with people sucks, trust me I do it too, but there's no reason to be a little snot to someone who just asked a question. Reminds me why I stopped shopping there to begin with

missgossip277
Learner
Learner

Post by missgossip277 »

I agree with someone earlier on this thread. Hollister went through a really big phase a few years ago. I still buy their jeans and sweatpants, they're comfy i have to admit. I bought one of the Gilly Hicks' bralettes a few weeks ago, but there's not padding and I haven't found anything to wear it with yet.

Mar2013
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Mar2013 »

I still wear their jeans, but I havent shopped there in awhile. I am now tempted to see what they have on the site.

Nikon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nikon »

missgossip277 wrote:I agree with someone earlier on this thread. Hollister went through a really big phase a few years ago. I still buy their jeans and sweatpants, they're comfy i have to admit. I bought one of the Gilly Hicks' bralettes a few weeks ago, but there's not padding and I haven't found anything to wear it with yet.
I have 3 GH bra's I believe and 2 of them broke down like 1 month after I received them. I emailed them about it once and they said I could send it back and I would get a new one IF it was a defect. I declined of course. The balconette one the iron that they put in at the sides has started bulging out and the clasp of the other bra doesn't close anymore (it's the ones that have a racer back and closes in the front). I love their designs and they are SO comfortable but jeez the quality just sucks.

ChloeBelle
Learner
Learner

Post by ChloeBelle »

I still wear a couple of flannels from there that I have had for years, but I haven't shopped there since middle school. I can't go in there without thinking of my awkward middle school years, so I avoid it. haha

Return to “Fashion Discussion”