Young NASA Housewife

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Young NASA Housewife

Post by Chloe_Bean »

I couldn't get through the meal prep video and I can't take it seriously. To take such a simple thing and make it seem like such a task is ridiculous. I get that this idiot wants it to seem like she's so busy and organized but it comes across as if the simplest things are hard for her to do, which makes it seem like her iq is hovering around 70. Like, why does she have to plan making sandwiches and lettuce for the week?

forever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by forever »

Chloe_Bean wrote:I couldn't get through the meal prep video and I can't take it seriously. To take such a simple thing and make it seem like such a task is ridiculous. I get that this idiot wants it to seem like she's so busy and organized but it comes across as if the simplest things are hard for her to do, which makes it seem like her iq is hovering around 70. Like, why does she have to plan making sandwiches and lettuce for the week?
:rofl:

I was really distracted by her constant lip smacking and her twitching left eye. :lol:

Here is what I don't get. If she's shopping based on next week's meals, why would you have left over from the previous week? She says she checks what's in the refrigerator and then plans the meals to use whatever is left over. In theory, she shouldn't have any left over.

I think she's lying out going out on weekends. That's a great vlog opportunity. Why would she not film and show where they go out?

Bluel
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Bluel »

I didnt really notice the smacking so much this time or the twitching. Probably due to the camera not being on her for most of the video. She really needs to learn how to condense. These videos don't need to be 20+ minutes long. People end up saying they didn't watch it all and it starts getting really repetitive.

Peppa Pig
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Peppa Pig »

Chloe_Bean wrote:I couldn't get through the meal prep video and I can't take it seriously. To take such a simple thing and make it seem like such a task is ridiculous. I get that this idiot wants it to seem like she's so busy and organized but it comes across as if the simplest things are hard for her to do, which makes it seem like her iq is hovering around 70. Like, why does she have to plan making sandwiches and lettuce for the week?
Seriously. The "recipe" for the frozen butterbeans from Publix is printed on the bag. I've bought that kind before when I didn't have time for dried beans. Butterbeans from scratch (using dried beans, preferably) that are seasoned well without adding fat would have made a really good video. As a "real" southerner I enjoy learning from people who recreate traditional southern-style recipes and make them healthier. Of course, that takes actual cooking skills.

forever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by forever »

Bluel wrote:I didnt really notice the smacking so much this time or the twitching. Probably due to the camera not being on her for most of the video. She really needs to learn how to condense. These videos don't need to be 20+ minutes long. People end up saying they didn't watch it all and it starts getting really repetitive.
I did notice quite a few twitching. ;)

yes, I know. All the meals she's been showing are the simplest meals. You'd think she was serving 7 course meals every night. When they were having tacos, they didn't even have salsa or guacamole! Not even side salads.

Bluel
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Bluel »

^^I never do sides for something like tacos. I thought even fruit was odd. Usually the tacos or the taco salad that I end up making is filling enough. She needs to branch out her foods more and pair stuff together better. The one side of zucchini was just an odd pairing to me with the meal.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

No sides with tacos would be fine if she actually had an array of topping but iirc she only had chopped tomatoes and lettuce. This girl cannot cook to save her life, it's really not that hard.

Bluel
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Bluel »

^^That's all preference though. Tacos for myself would have that as well as cheese and sauce. I don't like anything else. For my significant other it would be even less.

I do agree her cooking is sub par at best. Her meals are sometimes odd and not what I would pair together and her serving sizes are small looking. All those cookbooks and websites she supposedly uses and the meals she comes up with aren't that appetizing.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

^ Her serving sizes can tend to be small but are probably accurately portion controlled, americans have no idea what an actual portion is because they are served meals that are 4x what they should be eating.

I get that it's preference but her palate is like a child's, idk picky eaters are annoying to deal with imo, and with the way they eat they probably are picky.

housewife

Post by housewife »

Are there any dinner videos you guys like? Jamie and Katrina's meals are not my thing but I like the idea of getting ideas from dinner videos. Or grocery hauls that aren't all packaged snacks.

Ariadne

Post by Ariadne »

Return to “Young NASA Housewife”