Luke Conard Part 3

Kleineganz

Re: Luke Conard Part 3

Post by Kleineganz »

Not that this is at all surprising, but I had to block someone on Twitter today because of my "unforgiving" tweets against Luke's actions with Kristina and Whitney. She got all sorts of judgmental and basically alluded that only perfect people can decide who to forgive or not forgive. UGH

Anyway ... the minions still abound and drink from the Luke Conard Kool-Aid. *sigh*

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Hippo »

Kleineganz wrote:Not that this is at all surprising, but I had to block someone on Twitter today because of my "unforgiving" tweets against Luke's actions with Kristina and Whitney. She got all sorts of judgmental and basically alluded that only perfect people can decide who to forgive or not forgive. UGH

Anyway ... the minions still abound and drink from the Luke Conard Kool-Aid. *sigh*
Probably some stupid tween who thinks "forgiveness" means pretending it never happened.

"Forgiveness" is right up there with "freedom of speech" and "theoretically/hypothetically" as terms it seem like no one fucking understands and constantly misuses, which enrages me.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Hippo wrote:
"Forgiveness" is right up there with "freedom of speech" and "theoretically/hypothetically" as terms it seem like no one fucking understands and constantly misuses, which enrages me.
Yes! See also, 'literally', 'epic' and the old Alannis Morrissette classic 'ironic.'

(Kept that response short so as to not misuse a word)

soyymilk
Talker
Talker

Post by soyymilk »

What do you guys think is going to happen to lukes youtube "career"? do you think it will go down the drain or in time people will forget? Is Alex day/Tom milsom the only youtubers screwed in this case or would you say Luke and others mentioned will also be.

ballerinaninaritai
Learner
Learner

Post by ballerinaninaritai »

soyymilk wrote:What do you guys think is going to happen to lukes youtube "career"?
I hope it dies.

Devastat0r
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Devastat0r »

Luke is too old for the next wave of tween fangirls so I imagine his career is limited to the small but delusional minion population he has now. Soon they should grow out of it.. I hope.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

Ugh, another delusional minion arguing with me on Twitter, who firstly does not understand the meaning of the word rumor, and secondly claims that what Kristina and Whitney claim "never happened." As if this kid was actually there?!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Rach2004
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rach2004 »

Well he seems to have faded away on social media for now... I looked on social blade and his Luke channel is losing subs daily. His Lukeconard channel is gaining a couple new subs a day, weird. But I think he needs to go away from YouTube. His reputation is forever ruined and he already 'peaked' when he was with Ingrid.

Heynow
Informer
Informer

Post by Heynow »

Just copying these from Whitney's tumblr since she tends to delete things a lot:

ANONYMOUS ASKED: HI WHITNEY, THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST IT WAS VERY BRAVE. HOW DID LUKE REACT IF YOU DON'T MIND ME ASKING? DID HE APOLOGIZE TO YOU IN PRIVATE OR HAVE YOU TALKED TO HIM?
he told me he was “okay with” my post and thanked me for keeping it all “factual”. among other nauseating things i’d rather not repeat. i have not seen or spoken to him since the day after halloween

LEXYGRACEA ASKED: I USED TO REALLY LIKE LUKE BUT THEN I SAW YOUR POST. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL ANYMORE AND IT'S KIND OF TEARING ME APART. PART OF ME WANTS TO LIKE LUKE BECAUSE I LOVE HIS VOICE BUT THEN THE OTHER PART WANTS TO HATE HIM FOR ALL THE SHIT HE'S DONE TO PEOPLE. I DIDN'T KNOW ANYONE WHO SEEMED SO NICE COULD BE SUCH AN IDIOT.
yeah. well. i used to really like luke, too. ha.

i do feel for the fans who feel betrayed and disillusioned in the wake of all of these revelations. it has always hurt my heart to see young girls, especially, be deceived and mislead by public figures they look up to. i obviously don’t advocate hate (it’s enough for me to be working through my own personal feelings of antipathy without insisting that others share those toxic feelings). my intent in sharing was not to spread hatred or anger, but rather awareness & dialogue & growth & heightened community consciousness of what these kinds of unhealthy relationships a) look like and b) mean. and the fact that i’ve seen so many young girls unpacking & re-evaluating their perceptions of public figures, understanding with greater clarity that you can’t really know anyone on the basis of their internet persona - that fact alone assures me it was the right thing to do. i feel freer now and i hope, eventually, that these truths will make you & others feel freer too.

soyymilk
Talker
Talker

Post by soyymilk »

Firstly I cannot STAND victim blaming and secondly I cannot STAND these dumbass fan girls who think they know their favourite youtuber better than someone who has been in a seemingly serious relationship with. I mean, what the actual fuck. The delusion.

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupnewbie »

theluckyone wrote:
mismkay wrote:This is why the situation can be dangerous with these popular youtube boys. These girls absolutely adore these guys, they believe they can do no wrong and that every word that comes from their mouth is sent from God.
This IS scary. I remember being 13-16 and completely enamored with my idols. I would've given anything to hang out with them for one day, but they were untouchable movie and music celebrities. YouTube brings a serious level of danger into play here, because the content is uploaded by Joe down the street and if Joe is good looking enough he'll start getting attention from these girls and they would give anything to hang out with the guy for one day, even if he's older than 30.

It also terrifies me that these grown men are targeting such young kids. Someone posted a video of Luke, a 30 year old man, spending the day with a 17 year old girl. This sends chills down my spine. It's not right.

These girls don't even realize how impressionable they are. They haven't matured yet, even if they think they have, because they simply don't have enough life experience to detect a guy's bullshit when they see it. They still thrive on the good in the world. When you get older, you've been hurt enough to the point of being wiser. All the girls accepting Luke's apology have yet to experience that, and I feel sorry for them. My bullshit detector went through the roof while reading Luke's reply.
Here's a great article that touches on EXACTLY what you are saying: http://www.dailydot.com/fandom/alex-day-sexual-assault/

thereshegoesagain
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thereshegoesagain »

Heynow wrote:Just copying these from Whitney's tumblr since she tends to delete things a lot:

ANONYMOUS ASKED: HI WHITNEY, THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST IT WAS VERY BRAVE. HOW DID LUKE REACT IF YOU DON'T MIND ME ASKING? DID HE APOLOGIZE TO YOU IN PRIVATE OR HAVE YOU TALKED TO HIM?
he told me he was “okay with” my post and thanked me for keeping it all “factual”. among other nauseating things i’d rather not repeat. i have not seen or spoken to him since the day after halloween

yeah luke, because she needed your approval.

Ibi
Debater
Debater

Post by Ibi »

thereshegoesagain wrote:
Heynow wrote:Just copying these from Whitney's tumblr since she tends to delete things a lot:

yeah luke, because she needed your approval.
THIS UGH.
Like really? Oh, thank goodness you're "okay with" people outing you for treating women like crap and being a manipulative bastard, otherwise whatever would we do?
That reeks of mainpulators too - "thanks for bringing this up, I'm totally okay with you saying it, I just can't believe you ever thought that of me ): ): ):" etc. Ick.

MsBuckingham
Talker
Talker

Post by MsBuckingham »

I've only just found out about all of this. The Ministry of Magic was my favourite wrock band back in the day. It's disgusting. I feel ashamed that all of this happened in my fandom (the Harry Potter fandom) and while I never saw any of it, I still feel incredibly guilty. I'm so proud of Kristina and Whitney for speaking up.

I haven't seen anything official coming from Leaky or Mugglenet (well, I wouldn't expect MN to release anything since Emerson was named as one of the boys who took advantage of young girls' devotion - god I feel sick just thinking about it). I'm happy Bre and John seem to have avoided this side of things and seem to share a healthy relationship ( ).

What a mess. I don't believe Ingrid will say anything but I'm so happy she's moved on to better things. I hope Luke and Alex disappear off the face of the Internet.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

Apparently now I'm a bully for calling a minion delusional, because despite Luke's attempts at apology (and admitted wrong doing), she still refuses to believe it ever happened. *sigh*

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

nohaynada
Informer
Informer

Post by nohaynada »

Is Luke over now? I hope so.

Ibi
Debater
Debater

Post by Ibi »

nohaynada wrote:Is Luke over now? I hope so.
We can only hope.

ImNoAngel
Talker
Talker

Post by ImNoAngel »

The top-rated comment on Luke's latest video (with Alyssa Poppin) is "IS THIS ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR "GIRLFRIENDS" LUKE?". I laughed so hard when I saw that.

ImNoAngel
Talker
Talker

Post by ImNoAngel »

So Luke is confirmed to be on the lineup for DigiFest NYC and Toronto.

Oh Digitour, how much you've fallen.

CharlieRiver
Lurker
Lurker

Post by CharlieRiver »

ImNoAngel wrote:So Luke is confirmed to be on the lineup for DigiFest NYC and Toronto.

Oh Digitour, how much you've fallen.

This really pisses me off. it's outrageous how the majority of people is still defending/supporting him.

Return to “Luke Conard”