EmilyNoel83BerryLooksAndCounting Part12

Deedlemonster
Informer
Informer

Re: EmilyNoel83BerryLooksAndCounting Part12

Post by Deedlemonster »

tar wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:40 am
What did you think of her JLo makeup? Did her makeup look any different to you than usual? She looked
pretty much the same to me.
Pretty much the same as usual but BRAVO for finally doing something different and trendy.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Deedlemonster wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:28 pm
tar wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:40 am
What did you think of her JLo makeup? Did her makeup look any different to you than usual? She looked
pretty much the same to me.
Pretty much the same as usual but BRAVO for finally doing something different and trendy.
Agreed. I am happy to see her trying something different.

NoOne1234
Learner
Learner

Post by NoOne1234 »

Holy Clown Cheeks!
Camera lens usually dulls down colors, could you imagine what she looked like in person?
Home girl needs to slow down on the blush.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

^^^^ Emily always goes WAYYY TOO hard on the blush, lol.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

She doesn’t need that much blush. Does she realize that a more natural look is in these days?

StuckInThe90s
Informer
Informer

Post by StuckInThe90s »

tar wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:18 am
She doesn’t need that much blush. Does she realize that a more natural look is in these days?
Absolutely not! It seems like most times she does her makeup she’s doing the full beat like she’s still on the news. And don’t get me wrong, I totally get how easy it can be to stay in a rut. But it would seem easier to find motivation to change it up periodically when creating beauty content is your job.

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

StuckInThe90s wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:12 am
tar wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:18 am
Absolutely not! It seems like most times she does her makeup she’s doing the full beat like she’s still on the news. And don’t get me wrong, I totally get how easy it can be to stay in a rut. But it would seem easier to find motivation to change it up periodically when creating beauty content is your job.
In her latest video...she was raving about that Refy cream bronzer and OMG, it looked SO ORANGE on her skin! Especially when she slapped it on her forehead. I will never understand why she brings the bronzer so low on her forehead. Her forehead isn't even that big.

Emily is a sweet lady and I will continue to watch her videos because they're comforting to me, but yes, her makeup style is in such a rut!

arctous
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by arctous »

I wish she would please stop doing the following:

Getting on her high horse and ranting about sponsored videos and TikTok. Young people have no attention span these days, she's trying so hard to bring people from TikTok over to YouTube again, such a travesty. It is not individual people's fault that makeup brands are using influencers to advertise their products, and it's not a crime for people to make money that way just because she doesn't. The beauty industry profits off telling women that they need to spend their time and money to look a certain way, and she is a pawn in that system.

Showing her kids in their cheerleading garb and full makeup and constantly telling us about it. Especially saying "they are who they are" when she's clearly encouraged them from a young age to pursue her own interests. Thank goodness we know how she curls her 6-year old's eyelashes when she doesn't want her to use a curler (shocker), I've been sitting here thinking about how much my own daughter really needs curlier eyelashes.

Referring to her entire family by their pet names. I can't even remember their real names at this point, it's weird.

Saying "ahmunna" (I'm gonna). She was a TV anchor, please enunciate. I've noticed it to the point that I twitch every time she says it, which is quite frequently.

Lastly, calling her eyeshadow a "barely there eye look" when she used four different shades. I have yet to see an actual barely there makeup look.

PistachioNougat
Learner
Learner

Post by PistachioNougat »

arctous wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:06 pm
I wish she would please stop doing the following:

Getting on her high horse and ranting about sponsored videos and TikTok. Young people have no attention span these days, she's trying so hard to bring people from TikTok over to YouTube again, such a travesty. It is not individual people's fault that makeup brands are using influencers to advertise their products, and it's not a crime for people to make money that way just because she doesn't. The beauty industry profits off telling women that they need to spend their time and money to look a certain way, and she is a pawn in that system.

Showing her kids in their cheerleading garb and full makeup and constantly telling us about it. Especially saying "they are who they are" when she's clearly encouraged them from a young age to pursue her own interests. Thank goodness we know how she curls her 6-year old's eyelashes when she doesn't want her to use a curler (shocker), I've been sitting here thinking about how much my own daughter really needs curlier eyelashes.

Referring to her entire family by their pet names. I can't even remember their real names at this point, it's weird.

Saying "ahmunna" (I'm gonna). She was a TV anchor, please enunciate. I've noticed it to the point that I twitch every time she says it, which is quite frequently.

Lastly, calling her eyeshadow a "barely there eye look" when she used four different shades. I have yet to see an actual barely there makeup look.
I haven't watched Emily's YouTube videos in a long time, it's not about the length, it's about how "stale" they feel... Regardless, I still follow her on instagram, and my God, I cringe SO HARD everytime she shows her children in the cheer outfits!! For fuck's sake...

I watched Allie Gline's video today. She gave birth and it's her first time back after her maternity leave. She said she still hadn't decided on how much information she would share about her daughter, and she put it in a very elegant way; paraphrasing, she said that she loves her community and feels very safe with all her followers, but the Internet is much larger than that and she doesn't know where this information may end up in. She also made a point to say that her daughter is her own person and, at some point, she might not be ok with being on the Internet. RachhLoves is another YouTube who you may dislike, but from the beginning she was very clear about not showing her children on the Internet for the same reasons.

I think Emily is way too sheltered and naïve and treats her instagram page like a group chat with her family and friends, and doesn't even want to consider that lots of people outside her community could potentially be watching. I feel so, so bad for those children...

Edit: sorry about any typos, non-native and stubborn autocorrect + very tired brain

Whatuboutme
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Whatuboutme »

Yes, Emily is super outdated in both her makeup looks and attitude towards influencers and social media. I can't remember the last time I actually watched a full video of hers, in fact, for her stupid Emily Awards I didn't even watch at all, just screenshot the products from the Info box. She is really out here thinking people other than her specific demographic (35+, people usually with kids) is really interested in her outdated opinions.

The family nicknames...good gosh those are annoying AF. The one I hate the absolute most though is her sister's...PUP. So stupid. All of their nicknames are dumb as hell.

As for her girls in cheerleading, that shit was inevitable, she gets to relive her most favorite part of life through them. I think all little kids look weird in makeup, for girls her kids' age a bit of blush and a swipe of lipstick should be fine, but you know she's gotta give them the 5 a.m. Emily Pageant Queen look. Speaking of, someone should start a betting app for influencers because I've got money on her girls competing in beauty pageants. Little Miss Derpy Southern Illinois.

Yeah, if you didn't know Emily was once an actual professional news anchor, you'd never guess. I've seen clips of Emily anchoring, sis was GOOD AT HER JOB. I cannot believe she gave up a career path where she had tons of potential to do YouTube full time. She certainly hasn't grown with the changing landscape of YouTube/TikTok/etc. I wonder if when all the kids are in school if she'll return to the news.

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

^^^ I think her oldest already competed in one beauty pageant, but I hope it's just a one-time thing and that they don't make a hobby out of it.

ohnoshedidnt
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Post by ohnoshedidnt »

I am once again here to say that this woman’s kids are far too ugly for her to be posting them like she does.

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

ohnoshedidnt wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:55 pm
I am once again here to say that this woman’s kids are far too ugly for her to be posting them like she does.
To be fair, every parent thinks their children are the cutest. Me included, but I'm not one to blast my kid's face on social media, so I can't relate there.

TourDeForce
Informer
Informer

Post by TourDeForce »

What the fuck is going on with her face in this thumbnail? It doesn’t even look like her.

Frito Pie
Informer
Informer

Post by Frito Pie »

Emily talks about the cheerleading teams her kids are in so often. I guess that's all she has now since she doesn't do anything out in the world except for her kids' activities. I couldn't care less about what the kids are doing - would rather hear about the cats, LOL - but have to admit I'm curious about the makeup application for the kids' performances. Is that something that is being "required" or just something Emily likes to add because she loves makeup? I'm getting the feeling it's being prescribed by whoever is running these cheer teams because Emily mentioned something about receiving a makeup palette with the gym's logo on it.

Deedlemonster
Informer
Informer

Post by Deedlemonster »

There is NO WAY she did that thing with her voice on the news where it gets all croaky at the end of every sentence. Drives me nuts!

arctous
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by arctous »

Frito Pie wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 10:19 am
Emily talks about the cheerleading teams her kids are in so often. I guess that's all she has now since she doesn't do anything out in the world except for her kids' activities. I couldn't care less about what the kids are doing - would rather hear about the cats, LOL - but have to admit I'm curious about the makeup application for the kids' performances. Is that something that is being "required" or just something Emily likes to add because she loves makeup? I'm getting the feeling it's being prescribed by whoever is running these cheer teams because Emily mentioned something about receiving a makeup palette with the gym's logo on it.
I believe the coach supplies an eyeshadow palette and a lipstick. I can imagine that's literally all they care to see, team colors on the eyes and lips. From what Emily has said, she gives them a FULL BEAT. She has described baking their foundation to last longer and how BiTtY doesn't like to have her eyelashes curled (but she still makes her do it). (Side note: in her DIML/Q&A someone submitted a question about Tyler, using his name, and when Emily read it aloud she changed it to Bub. SAY HIS NAME!!! it would be like if I only referred to my husband as "Babycakes" on the internet or something. End rant.)

lemonlemmings
Learner
Learner

Post by lemonlemmings »

It's especially confusing and annoying because Bub is Tyler and Bubba is Rhett. At least be creative with your nicknames if you insist on using them.

GlossierSlut
Talker
Talker

Post by GlossierSlut »

lemonlemmings wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:50 am
It's especially confusing and annoying because Bub is Tyler and Bubba is Rhett. At least be creative with your nicknames if you insist on using them.
I’d halfway understand it if it were about her kids’ privacy but we know that’s not a concern for her.

I’m from a midwestern nickname family. I have a perfectly fine and halfway pretty first name but my family calls me a shortened version of my middle name. But if any of them were filming and editing pre-planned content and happened to mention me, they would use my first name. I’ve never heard of this type of nickname migrating away from the metaphorical dinner table.

tryburch
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by tryburch »

ohnoshedidnt wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:55 pm
The little boy is adorable. Not sure what happened to the middle one she doesnt look like anyone in the family. I would use their names but I do not remember and I refuse to use those stupid nicknames.

Return to “Emilynoel83”