Does Anyone Use Natural Products?

sairaintheskies
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Does Anyone Use Natural Products?

Post by sairaintheskies »

Henna, oils, shikakai, amla, anything natural? If so, what works or worked for you?

Laceface19
Learner
Learner

Re: Does Anyone Use Natural Products?

Post by Laceface19 »

I use Rhonda Allison and all of the ingredients are good. There's nothing bad about it

sairaintheskies
Lurker
Lurker

Awesome! How well do you like it? I've never heard of this product so I'm going to do some research.

idonteven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by idonteven »

I'll buy natural deodorant from tj maxx/marshalls that . I don't sweat a lot though (when i'm not working out). Also a big fan of the brand nardo's naturals.

The way I see it
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The way I see it »

I use many natural products and they work for me. What specific thing were you looking for?

sairaintheskies
Lurker
Lurker

^^ usually anything. I have found some good things, but the hardest for me to adjust to or seem to like is shampoos.

drowninginmusic1
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by drowninginmusic1 »

I use African Black Soap as shampoo and facewash.

Enviado desde mi SM-G532M mediante Tapatalk

lynnmorris
Stalker
Stalker

Post by lynnmorris »

I use Ethique shampoo and conditioner bars. I use the Healie Kiwi because I have bad dandruff problems. The shampoo bar works great even if it takes a sec to really suds up. I'm still getting used to the conditioner bar. No issues with excess oils and my hair felt really healthy.

Ifandany
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Ifandany »

I nix my own shampoo with Rye flour. Works great, is the cheapest option and I can only recommend it. To get that "conditioner look" I do a apple cider vinegar rinse. Again : super cheap and very effective

Ifandany
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Ifandany »

If the other stuff also interests you : for deodorant I use a deodorant mineral stone. If you shower everyday and put new clothes on everyday, that's really all you need. One stone costs like 3 dollars and of use chose the small option it will last you over a year.

To wash my face a use a natural camomile cleansing butter which also works great as a moisterizer. I think my skin is medium to problematic so therefore I have quite a clean diet to avoid breaking out. I had no break outs so far which I could not directly link to me eating chocolate or one of my other skin triggers.

Hair oil I usually use your standart olive kitchen oil. Works great. If course after a deep oil treatment you have to be a bit more thorough with the Rye flour shampoo but generally a thick mixture applied twice will get rid of oils.

Bodywash I use a standart bar sosp which you can get for a couple of cents. I have really really dry skin so I thought that would be a Desaster but funnily enough it was completely fine. Your wet skin will feel very different and more striped of your natural fats but when dry it's very smooth

I could go on but I'm not even sure you are still following this topic, lol

I you do give this stuff a go, you will notice the lack of smell. Which I like. I've come to hate all of that artificial chemical smell that is in every shampoo, soap, clothes wash, hair spray or mousse... Etc etc I my opinion it is just to much. I tend to add a bit of natural scent (natural essential oil, diluted!!!) to the stuff when I want it to smell. And you'll notice how much crap companies want us to buy which you really really don't need. So it's a lot cheaper! The only thing that I still spent more money on are the cleansing butter and an additional moisterizer for winter. And come sommer I spent a shit ton of money for all the chemical protection of a good sunscreen otherwise my whiter than icecream ass will burn

Sorry for the monologue. It's 5:00am I just woke up and can't get back to sleep

Selia11
Debater
Debater

Post by Selia11 »

I don’t use henna because I like to color my hair but my mom uses it and her hair is strong and shiny.

Areba21
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Areba21 »

My hair is 4b/c and waist length. I believe that length retention has more to do with behaviors than with products. Finger detangling was what actually made a difference in my hair. Because I have fine hair, this is the greatest detangling procedure for me. Your hair should be managed in a way that maximizes hydration while minimizing manipulation.

As I Am Coconut Cowash, Giovanni Direct Leave In, and Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo are the products I'm now using. When I cowash at least twice a month, I use a shampoo brush, and I oil my scalp twice a week with a mixture of coconut, peppermint, and tea tree oil.

Return to “Hair Care”