German Speaking Youtubers Part 2

bobthepalm
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: German Speaking Youtubers Part 2

Post by bobthepalm »

hi, long time lurker and new member here.
I just wanted to ask what you all think about Moin Yamina. She does YouTube for ages now, always saying how she likes doing videos and promises on doing more. Her latest videos are about clothing and body types à la aly art.
Also I stumbled on a channel called sedameansstrong. She is a german vlogger living in Korea. I don't know. I think she is a nice person, but her videos are so repetitive. It's mostly what she eats in a week iN kOrEa. I also criticize, that she supports shein.

Ciaokitty
Learner
Learner

Post by Ciaokitty »

What do you think of Vanellimelli/AMissMelle/Melanie Kieback? She started out years ago as a tacky teen with her fashion blog and YT-chanel in German language. She looks more stylish now and also changed to English. She lives in Berlin and sometimes says she's a model but I don't if she is a real model or just some part-time model. Also she thrifts a lot and resells the items again after a short time.
Last edited by Ciaokitty on Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ciaokitty
Learner
Learner

Post by Ciaokitty »

What do you think of Vanellimelli/AMissMelle/Melanie Kieback? She started out years ago as a tacky teen with her fashion blog and YT-chanel in German language. She looks more stylish now and also changed to English. She lives in Berlin and sometimes says she's a model but I don't if she is a real model or just some part-time model. Also she thrifts a lot and resells the items again after a short time.

Here's her YT: https://www.youtube.com/user/AMissMelle
She also has an Instagram and depop account.

tomtom1308
Talker
Talker

Post by tomtom1308 »

Hm, she posted a Photo of her new nullet on Insta four days ago. Either she did it herself, which I doubt, or she had someone do it which makes me think that she isn’t adhering to COVID rules. She looks like one of the cliche hipster chics from xhain, “feeling herself when Lana del Rey is played”

Ciaokitty
Learner
Learner

Post by Ciaokitty »

I guess a friend did cut it. It's still allowed to meet one person AT A TIME in our homes (e.g. her flat) and I guess she's one of the people who meets another person once or twice every day and doesn't get that's also possible to be a spreader that way. She seems to have a lot of friends but yes, she's a skinny xhain hipster.

First I liked her because she had some strong 70s/80s vibe, but atm she's always wearing ugly 00s shit I am ashamed for wearing it 15years ago myself. :barf:
Oh and I thought she would be in her mid 30's... But that does not have to be a bad thing.

tomtom1308
Talker
Talker

Post by tomtom1308 »

As a rule of thumb, if I wore the trend first time around, I have embarrassed myself enough and will skip it the second time round and I thought the Miley Cyrus mullet is out already? But what do I know, I’m just not xhain

Ciaokitty
Learner
Learner

Post by Ciaokitty »

I think her mullet suits her quite well. Her hair before looked awful. She has wavy/curly hair and she either has to smooth it which she didn't for some time and looked like she put her wet fingers in a socket or she had to wear them curly and for that the chaggy cut he's wearing is ideal. She is thankfully NOT wearing a mullet, that wouldn't suit her at all and looks better on naturally straight hair (which she has not). Let' see if she's ditching that cut when chag cuts go out of style (= just hipstering around) or if she keeps it (= wearing it because she realized everything else looks awful on her).

I just stumbled across DominoKati like an hour ago. I knew she existed before but I was never interested in her, she seems to be a bit bland. BUT what I was interested in, is her liposuction stories about her lipoedema. On one side it's really a good thing to talk openly about it. On the other side there are some things she said which irk me: In the first vid she talks about having a skinny upper body while having a fat lower body/thighs. But that's not true, that girl is sitting in front of a camera, talking about being skinny while being overall chubby. Big arms, round face, double chin, even a fat nose. What's the problem about saying "Well, I am overall a chubby person (atm) but my legs are even bigger compared to the rest"? That is not a good message to her audience. Body positivity means being okay with being chubby and also to ADMIT IT but not about lying about obvious facts. Lying doesn't make her skinny. Also she says lipoedemia is an illness nearly one in ten women has to deal with, but nobody knows it except for her now - wtf?! Ofc it's known. Just because that 23yo (?) girl doesn't know stuff doesn't mean the rest of humanity is the same. She even talked about people who wrote long, nice DMs to her since years, telling her she looks like having lipoedemia and should go to see a doctor but than she felt offended ("Do they wanna say I have thick legs just because I have thick legs?! How rude!!!" - It's not a real quote but seems like the gist of what she was thinking). She was even too lazy to google it! So it's not an "uKnOwN iLlNeSs", you are just a very ignorant women!
In the last video (she lost weight here and isn't that chubby anymore but still not skinny as she wants to call herself) she says though she made a video about lipoedemia over a year ago, it is still not known. Wow, just wow. So she thought she'd be the first person talking about something nobody knows about and everyone would watch her video and it would make headlines?
I didn't watch the other lipo-vlogs except of a part of one because she did boring stuff most of the time. Teasing with "1,5 weeks after liposuction Update" and then talking about other boring stuff 90% of the video.

Just to make things clear: Her body is okay, I don't mean to body shame her. She also wasn't fat, just chubby. Being fat is also okay. But I don't like when people call themselves something they aren't. She may be skinny or slim in the past but not around the time of her first liposuction. If you are bigger, just say: "Yes I am bigger and that's okay" and everything is fine or just don't talk about it. But don't say you are skinny when you are clearly not.

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

Ciaokitty wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:37 am

Here's her YT: https://www.youtube.com/user/AMissMelle
She also has an Instagram and depop account.
Late reply, I know. But this site was impossible for a while. I checked out her Youtube channel a while ago and found her quite intriguing at first. There was something about her aesthetic that got me. But I got bored really fast. It's too much about her being thin and hip, too try-hard. She hasn't posted a video for months and her Instagram is really boring. I would expect her to post more pictures of her actual work if she was a paid model. She isn't tagged for many jobs, either.

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

Is it normal nowadays to ask your viewers for money if you cannot support yourself? Anastasiya Kokova regularly points out in her videos, that people can make donations to her. It seems like Youtubers who aren't successful with their channels and don't get many views or brand deals, prefer to receive charity rather than actually working and earning money themselves. Of course the Youtuber would argue that making videos is work. But in Anastasiya's case the quality of the videos is so bad, this hardly applies.

londongirl2001
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by londongirl2001 »

Lena and Leonie from ConsiderCologne have posted a goodbye YT video. It was inevitable since they really seemed to hate having to film, edit and post videos in the past few years. Plus, most of their viewers want the old vlog-style back but as Leonie said, they want to share less private stuff. All their vlogs in the past year or so were incredibly boring because all they filmed was their food (which they also show on insta) and some very unspecific admin-stuff. Leonie only talks about her hair and shows her dog. That's it.
I do wonder how they'll make money but it seems they still have enough sponsorships on IG. But with their infrequent posting even on there I wonder how long that will last.

tomtom1308
Talker
Talker

Post by tomtom1308 »

I wonder who thought this was a good look. Either hair or makeup wise.

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

tomtom1308 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:52 am
Ugh, Nilam never really looks good. She always has this slightly mean, bitchy expression. I saw a poster of the film she is in, the one that's basically a copy of an already existing French film from 2017, and her expression is awful. She's a terrible actress, I can't believe she received an award.

londongirl2001
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by londongirl2001 »

Dandelion wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:58 am
tomtom1308 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:52 am
Ugh, Nilam never really looks good. She always has this slightly mean, bitchy expression. I saw a poster of the film she is in, the one that's basically a copy of an already existing French film from 2017, and her expression is awful. She's a terrible actress, I can't believe she received an award.
There's a Netflix film out with her as one of the leads and I skipped through the film a bit to see her performance. Either her character was written incredibly one-dimensional or Nilam truly is not capable of any other facial expression that sour or bitchy. She didn't move her face once. I always thought that she was too vain to be a truly good actress because she seems so scared of messing up her face in an unflattering (natural) way. But casting directors seem to like her so she gets loads of jobs these days it seems. Then again, a lot of the biggest German acting stars are awful and get cast in EVERYTHING.

I sometimes check her IG and every other post is a sponsored one. She's basically back to her old influencer days but without the video content.

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”