HauteLeMode

Samisgossiping
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: HauteLeMode

Post by Samisgossiping »

He's so over the top bitchy. Very early 2000s.

candlequitter
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by candlequitter »

All I know about his qualifications is that he went to Fashion Institute of Technology and used to work at Zac Posen atelier for a number of years.

I don't dislike him - I enjoy his commentary on a lot of things, even though my tastes and his completely differ. I agree though that his fashion critique videos are very much "if you've seen one, you've seen them all". And even tho I tend to yuck at the clothes he finds great, I appreciate the detail in which he then discusses some of the pieces (like a bit of trivia thrown in there). I think his fashion history videos are so much better!

esrevni2
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by esrevni2 »

Gauche taste and a brand-whore. Comes off as desperate for an 'in' brand to pick him up. His reviews of celebrity closets/vogue videos are pure boot-licking.

I like Marine Serre but the moon-print top he wears is just straight up brand-whoring/insta fashun. Like what makes a moon-print top better than something from Urban Outfitters?

Damn. This era of fashion is all about Fendi logos and branding shite, even 'chic' fashion is instantly recognizable 'rich person' items (hi, this Loewe bag cost $3000, but is otherwise ugly as fuck).

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

I liked the Huda closet tour but I think it's more that I was fascinated by her stuff than any actual interest in his commentary. He seems like a Smokey Glow, all talk and no real substance, but make it fashion!

Return to “F-J”