Caspar Lee - Part 2

I_only_envy_cats
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Caspar Lee - Part 2

Post by I_only_envy_cats »

Okay, I definitely don't like her now. This is where the benefit of the doubt I gave her ends, so WARNING: this post will be harsh (and long).

She "launched" this Bamby :roll: Collective thing now. What about her "book club" (because she graduated at Exeter so she thinks she's smart :?)? She's SO milking her relationship with Caspar. Anyways. How entitled is she to think that she can give "advice" and "motivate" other people? She dates a failed influencer and she's magically a big self-care name? I don't understand.

I already talked about how she's projecting and she still has some sort of eating disorder (maybe she isn't bulimic anymore, but she's still definitely not okay). At the very least she has body dismorphia, and she does A LOT of body checking. I have her same, identical body type: I would NEVER dare to try and teach people body acceptance and tell them how I came to terms with my weight (!). It's great that I'm about 10 year older than her, because she just made me aware of my overeating bump, and younger me would have probably worried about it for a couple minutes (spoiler: food babies are FINE!). I just wish she would stop! It doesn't matter what Caspar's fans praise her for, she's doing them more harm than good and they think she's helping them. Look at this:

Why would she feel the need to share something like that?! One of those quotes mention "thin people", as if she's not one of them! Then I read her caption and: Posts like these have been particularly helpful to me on days where I feel like jumping on a new diet or trend

Ambar, when you tell people that YOU have days where you ruminate about diets, maybe you aren't ready to TEACH women body acceptance?! "Weight stigma", for the love of god, STOP THIS Ambar!

She even had the nerve to read this article that condemns beauty standards, commercial etc. - yet in another post (unrelated to body image) she mentions that she's a full-time model...so part of the problem, no? I swear I saw a comment somewhere kindly asking her to address this, but I can't find it anymore unfortunately. This is the post, by the way: https://bodyposipanda.com/2016/01/lets- ... l?m=1#more

And this is the video where she reads it out loud (in a very I'm-not-actually-as-intelligent-as-I-think-I-am way, I should add...). Oh well, I told you this post would have been harsh. But the kind of stuff she does is my pet peeve and one of the reasons I'm on this site to start with.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by BONTBFW »

Tbh I don’t get why you’re fuming. She never denied having issues. She states it blatantly. Her followers are very aware she is still in a process. The fact that she is still going through it is probably what makes them relate to her in the first place.

I looked through the followers and it’s mostly people around her own age. This description doesn’t sound like the nightmare you’re portraying it to be. It just sounds like a forum with a mod but on Instagram and a Facebook group. Her mother is an art therapist and she has always followed a lot of those body positivity accounts, so it’s really not shocking this is what she decided to use her following to do.

I don’t even have body issues besides a few normal insecurities, but I’m skinny, and when I bloat badly I make sure I’m wearing all black and sometimes I just don’t even bother going. So I can’t imagine what bloating feels like to someone who actually has issues. If you are big and have issues with slimmer people having body issues then that’s an issue within itself. Anyone can have body problems.

Maybe she started a book club because she likes reading. She has been posting about books on her Instagram since 2012. She always would post books on her stories and people probably asked her to start one.

She could’ve just made a makeup or clothing collection and made some quick easy cash, but she did this instead. For modeling she has said in the past that she doesn’t like the victoria secret fashion show as it wasn’t inclusive. She has said in her stories that in commercial modeling they are currently making strides in inclusivity, but high fashion modeling is still the same.

I swear this sites seeks people with mental issues to come for the most. Caspar is way more problematic than her yet it’s a ghost town and turned into an Ambar thread lmao. He’s out here on Defranco news for accepting a free vacation to promote Saudi Arabia. He was promoting a brand he’s an investor in for a good month without disclosing it. Betting against his own good friend in a sports game. Like honestly. Let’s talk about real morally questionable things and not some girl going through shit with other girls. I guess that’s what happens when you’re boring and your girlfriend has become more interesting of a topic than you.

half_pint
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by half_pint »

It's insane how full of herself his girlfriend is, lol. She's really lucky Caspar thinks as highly of her as she does of herself because she really hit the jackpot with this relationship

ThatGirl__123
Learner
Learner

Post by ThatGirl__123 »

I can see that there was no motion on here since January. But I thought I would throw in my two cents anyway. I was really interested in Ambar after Caspar introduced her for the first time, she has unique looks and I thought that she is very smart. So I started following her on ig and I was impressed that she was trying to normalize eating disorders (in a good way - so that more people would talk about them) but I noticed that it just put me down. I was like - if that petite slim girl thinks she's fat and sees her bloating as unattractive, then I have to be a wreck of a person cuz I never was petite, I always had a little bit more weight than "I was supposed to" and I should continue on my bad eating disorders just to get to the stage she is and then I can start loving my body... So i unfollowed her because despite the fact she talks about hating diet culture - it's the only thing she talks about. She constantly reminded me that my relationship with food is bad. And to inspire others you have to acknowlege your eating disorder but not make it the main focus of your day to day life.

Return to “The British Crew”