Gymscool

keliza
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Gymscool

Post by keliza »

The story according to the gymternet is that Morgan posted on her private instagram (which still has a lot of people on it) a picture of herself and someone else and said something like "B---, it's not all about you. We're here too." I haven't seen an actual screenshot or anything of this but that's what's being talked about. Jade or someone saw it and showed Simone, Simone started tweeting about how she missed the old quad and then, when people starting commenting on that and the podium behavior, she started vaguetweeting about "if yall only knew" and "you need to get your reigning world champion" and a lot of other things that blew up on various platforms. Seems like Morgan has stayed out of it after the initial post which I think was wise. If Simone hadn't put it out publicly no one would have really known.

I think the whole thing is rather strange, as people were saying Simone was extremely upset about it, and I would think after all her years of competing that she's heard worse. My guess was that she was stressed about her comeback (and seemed to have a big personality shift from before during the competition) and the pressure and this thing was just the last straw. Since she doesn't really know the current set of seniors. But even with the pressure of her comeback being so publicized, she has to know that she can screw up and still beat everyone, and they all know that, so there is not much question that she'd win unless she completely self-destructed. It's not as if, say, Laurie came back and as a former Olympian would have pressure but not necessarily the expectation that she'd be the very best automatically.

Oh, and now many people are attacking Morgan, who probably is best served by lying low. Given all that is going on with the past abuse, and bullying among the gymnasts, it is certainly a sensitive topic but I personally think Simone made it a thing when it didn't have to be. I feel for the seniors who know that as soon as Simone came back they'd have no more chance of winning anything, that it's only a competition for second place now. But I don't think anyone is served well by vaguetweeting about something someone else may or may not have said.

MissRozzy
Debater
Debater

Post by MissRozzy »

Simone has just assumed it is about her. It probably had nothing to do with her. She has grown a big head and her attitude now sucks. She is a grown women bullying a minor. Come on time to grow up. Why even bother trying to attack Morgan she isn’t a threat at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

I think both of the girls are immature, but I'm not going to lie I can't with the "She's a grown woman" thing. She's a legal adult, yes. But she's 21. Since when were 21 year old the shining example for maturity? Not only that but both these girls have grown up in a way different atmosphere than most. It's no surprise that a girl who spent her whole life in a gym, as well as the toxic environment of the Ranch, who get's thrown into the spotlight for a couple of years isn't able to make good judgement in a social situation. I'm not saying what she did was right, I'm just saying let's stop clutching our pearls and stop pretending that 21 year olds have good judgment, because by law they are adults.

Ddddd12345

Post by Ddddd12345 »

I saw the screenshot and imo, it just wasn't that deep. Simone blew it way out of proportion with the passive aggressive twitter posts. I guess her feelings weren't hurt just by the post but by the fact that it got 23 likes and a bunch of comments agreeing with the sentiment. Seriously though I don't even follow USA gymnastics that closely and I was getting pissed by how much the focus was on just Simone. US Classic was the Simone show.

When I first heard about the controversy I was more pissed at Jade than at either Simone or Morgan though. At least to me, it's an unspoken rule that whatever happens on a finsta stays on a finsta. You don't screenshot a friend's private vent and show it to someone who hasn't been invited to follow that finsta. I don't care if Morgan had 1000 followers on it, it was private for a reason and I'm sure she felt she was safe to speak her mind there. If Jade had an issue, she should have talked to Morgan about it or even if she felt particularly duty-bound: mentioned the general sentiment to Simone. But the screenshot that then ended up leaked to the public is just inexcusable to me.

backupmailbox
Learner
Learner

Post by backupmailbox »

I had no idea there was a thread for these kids on here! I've watched a bunch of them off and on and love gymnastics. My people <3

Anyway, I agree that gymnasts in general are very sheltered and a bit naive. Both Morgan's and Simone's behaviour was not on but I think driven mainly by inability to handle emotions in a mature way. Simone has had a little more life experience but then she wasn't the one who started it.

Anyway, I always had a soft spot for Sydnastical, I'm pleased she's doing well in level 9.

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

Syd of Sydnastical is also going to be competing level 10 next season. I really hope she keeps up the good work. She seems like the most well balanced of all the girls that have come out of the Bratayley factory.

whatamievendoing
Talker
Talker

Post by whatamievendoing »

So Day 1 of Nationals is done for the juniors, Sydney M currently sits in 15th and her scores were:

VT: 12.900 (D: 4.6, E: 8.3)
UB: 13.300 (D.5.2, E: 8.1)
BB: 13.800 (D: 5.4, E: 8.4)
FX: 11.450 (D: 4.7, E: 6.750)

Which gives her an AA total of 51.450 for day one.

She put her hand down at the end of her double wolf turn on floor to stop herself from tipping backwards and I think they counted it as a fall. I mean I don't think anyone was expecting her to make the national team and honestly I'm pretty pleased for her today, lets hope she doesn't have any falls tomorrow!

keliza
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by keliza »

whatamievendoing wrote:So Day 1 of Nationals is done for the juniors, Sydney M currently sits in 15th and her scores were:

VT: 12.900 (D: 4.6, E: 8.3)
UB: 13.300 (D.5.2, E: 8.1)
BB: 13.800 (D: 5.4, E: 8.4)
FX: 11.450 (D: 4.7, E: 6.750)

Which gives her an AA total of 51.450 for day one.

She put her hand down at the end of her double wolf turn on floor to stop herself from tipping backwards and I think they counted it as a fall. I mean I don't think anyone was expecting her to make the national team and honestly I'm pretty pleased for her today, lets hope she doesn't have any falls tomorrow!
Her beam looked great. A few little things, but really solid. Bars wasn't quite as clean as usual but overall I think she did a really good job for an event of this pressure. If she can clean up floor and increase vault difficulty/execution for next year she could be getting up there.

whatamievendoing
Talker
Talker

Post by whatamievendoing »

So Sydney Morris finished 13th in the All Around and 5th on beam!

Sydney Barros ended up scratching day 2 because of injury....Texas Nightmares strikes again :( #prayercandleforragan

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

whatamievendoing wrote:So Sydney Morris finished 13th in the All Around and 5th on beam!

Sydney Barros ended up scratching day 2 because of injury....Texas Nightmares strikes again :( #prayercandleforragan
Not surprised for Barros, she's been injured since April.

I wonder how someone like Peanut feels right now about Syd's glow up. I mean we all saw her face when everyone was told Syd was invited to the camp. I honestly feel like even with or without a gym change she never had that elite quality to her, but I wonder if she's mad at where she is in her career currently? Like she could have been a fantastic lv 10, but I fear she'll never be more than just average.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

(I can remove this if it's too personal)

I was on Instagram a bit ago and found Arden's moms Instagram again (I had seen it once before, it is public and a decent number of Bratayley fan accounts follow it) and randomly decided to look at who she was following. As I was scrolling I saw a bunch of these accounts she was following and remembered that it had been previously brought up on here how Arden's parents got divorced. Now it really seems like Arden's "I don't care" attitude on Instagram and at the gym may have been (and still may be, based on her recent posts) because of her parents divorce or her fathers actions. Now I don't want to make any claims here, this is just pure speculation.

Ddddd12345

Post by Ddddd12345 »

Aaliyah's dad passed away suddenly on Saturday :(
I hope the community rallies around her family as much as they did for the LeBlancs.

meghanmeghanmeghan
Lurker
Lurker

Post by meghanmeghanmeghan »

I think that Audrey and Sydney Snyder, the twins who were fairly talented and trained at 1st Class have joined Syd Morris in switching gyms to First State . I believe it is them in FSGs most recent insta pic (the one with visiting special olympic athletes). Also Syd Morris Instagram storied pics with them last night which is the first time she has posted with them since moving gyms so it would make sense if she's now seeing them more because they're at her gym. If you recall, Audrey went to developmental invite camp with Syd Morris back when she was still at 1st class.

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

Mia put out a video a couple days ago and she said she is working on being an actress. She also mentioned that stuff happened at 1st Class, but wasn't going to talk about it(then don't mention it), and that she's still homeschooled and plans to keep being homeschooled till she's done HS.

Also I'm pretty sure out of all the girls we are familiar with, Via is the only one still at 1st class.

Clemence08
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Clemence08 »

RazzleDazzle46 wrote:Mia put out a video a couple days ago and she said she is working on being an actress. She also mentioned that stuff happened at 1st Class, but wasn't going to talk about it(then don't mention it), and that she's still homeschooled and plans to keep being homeschooled till she's done HS.

Also I'm pretty sure out of all the girls we are familiar with, Via is the only one still at 1st class.
Sure, homeschool because you want to be an actress, I get that, but go to actual actingclasses so you have a reason to homeschool, not a facetime one.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

RazzleDazzle46 wrote:Mia put out a video a couple days ago and she said she is working on being an actress. She also mentioned that stuff happened at 1st Class, but wasn't going to talk about it(then don't mention it), and that she's still homeschooled and plans to keep being homeschooled till she's done HS.

I think Maryland Kenzie is still there and Arden too. Arden recently posted a video for National Gymnastics Day on Instagram showing all those dumb things she did at the gym where she would do something stupid, so my guess is she is still there.

Isn't it funny how in a year or two everything can change? Annie, who was desitned to be in the Olympics, doesn't give two shits about Gymnastics anymore. Mary, who loved the fact that she had social media fame and controlled a group of young girls and playing ridiculous games with them. Katie Ours (Peanut), who once legitimately thought she was elite/Olympic worthy, who is now in a better program but still mediocre. Katie Donnelly, who is now on varsity cheerleading and completely done with Gymnastics. Sydney, who is doing better than ever at First State and has made elite. The list goes on, but in just a short amount of time the whole group exploded, with only a few surviving. Crazy.

Speaking of, do we know if Coach Mary has found a new job yet? Is she still living with aka mooching off of Amanda's family?

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

Clemence08 wrote:

Sure, homeschool because you want to be an actress, I get that, but go to actual actingclasses so you have a reason to homeschool, not a facetime one.
Honestly from the sound of it she wants to try acting, but she's literally just starting out, and given where she is located online classes aren't horrible. Especially if she wants to learn audition technique, because soooooooooooooo much casting is done via video. That being said she will have to eventually NEED to take in-person classes if she actually wants to work at this. She said she may have an agent soon, and if she gets a good one they will more than likely guide her in finding good resources for lessons.

But I don't think she's home schooling because of acting, I think it's more fear. She has been homeschooled since 3rd grade because she was originally having problems with school due to dyslexia, and as she got into higher levels in gymnastics, she just stayed. She mentioned going back would make her nervous, and she would be this new kid who hadn't been to real school since third grade. That being said, if possible I don't think it would hurt for her to go back for a bit, because she said she wanted to go to uni, and while it may be hard I think it would make the transition to uni easier.

And out of all the girls who are still there I'm least surprised about Arden. She strikes me as the kind of person who likes being able to flip around and say she does gymnastics, but could care less about things like uni. I can't see her thriving in a legitimate gym. And I'm actually happy for Peanut. It's clear she knows and has accepted that being an elite level gymnast isn't in her cards. I always felt bad for her watching her try and chase that dream. Now she has a few years to focus of making herself into a good level 10, which if she works really hard I think is realistic for her. She's not going to be on UCLA's roster, but with solid technique she can easily make a smaller D1 team with a bit of work.

Return to “Gymscool”